Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675619 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424563 Feb 25, 2013
Exodus 33:22

22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by.

cleft....a hiding place....

Christ.....a Rock in whom we can hide from the glory and holiness of God at the day of judgment.....

How do we hide in Christ and for what reason???
truth

Attadale, Australia

#424565 Feb 25, 2013
wicket evil people

nothing to do with righteousness..they do worse modern then you think
evil is always evil

i don't fill sorry wrote this
nooooooooooo

all prophets see that on front 4000 2000 years ago
byyyyyyyyyy
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#424566 Feb 25, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
A bizarre statement considering half the Christians on the planet are Catholics.
Christians -- 50/50 Catholic and Protestant.

So in which society do YOU choose to live your only God-given life?

Do you choose to live in a society formed on Reformation ideals or Catholic ideas?

Tell us how YOU walk YOUR talk?

Do you object to the terrible, anti-Catholic (in the day) ideals such as human rights, trial by jury of peers, right to a speedy trial, etc., or do you opt for the more totalitarian Catholic ideals to spend your time here on earth?

e.g. lots and lots of talk from the Catholics, but almost zero walk.

Go figure?
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#424567 Feb 25, 2013

Look at the world. Where is the evidence of those "perfect" RCC teachings?

Look at the Americas.

Are RCC-majority societies more or less violent?

More or less just?

What do Catholics have against REALITY?

(The answer is obvious.)
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#424568 Feb 25, 2013
One true church?

The Vatican was in effect at war with the ideals of the USA for almost a century.

The Vatican was one of the only entities to recognize the South during the U.S. civil war. Why?

But all that changed at Vatican 2.

I guess Jesus got lost for awhile.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424570 Feb 25, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
So in which society do YOU choose to live your only God-given life?
Do you choose to live in a society formed on Reformation ideals or Catholic ideas?
Tell us how YOU walk YOUR talk?
Do you object to the terrible, anti-Catholic (in the day) ideals such as human rights, trial by jury of peers, right to a speedy trial, etc., or do you opt for the more totalitarian Catholic ideals to spend your time here on earth?
e.g. lots and lots of talk from the Catholics, but almost zero walk.
Go figure?
LOL.

"almost zero walk" save for the largest charitable and educational operations undertaken by any Christian faith.

The rest of your post conveniently insists that we forget that your "reformation ideals" noted had nothing to do with the civil rights you lay out.

You can have your own opinion, FM, but not your own facts.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#424571 Feb 25, 2013
Truth wrote:
Exodus 33:22
22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by.
cleft....a hiding place....
Christ.....a Rock in whom we can hide from the glory and holiness of God at the day of judgment.....
How do we hide in Christ and for what reason???
~~~

Your example does not prove OSAS...

Moses did not prepare the hiding place for himself, GOD DID..

When Moses disobeyed God ...GOD DISCIPLINED HIM ...and MOSES was refused the privilege of crossing the Jordan river...and entering into the promised land.

Deu_31:16 And the LORD said unto Moses, Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a whoring after the gods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I have made with them.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424572 Feb 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
When Moses disobeyed God ...GOD DISCIPLINED HIM ...and MOSES was refused the privilege of crossing the Jordan river...and entering into the promised land.
Deu_31:16 And the LORD said unto Moses, Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a whoring after the gods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I have made with them.
GIF,

I do not believe in OSAS...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424573 Feb 25, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
One true church?
The Vatican was in effect at war with the ideals of the USA for almost a century.
The Vatican was one of the only entities to recognize the South during the U.S. civil war. Why?
But all that changed at Vatican 2.
I guess Jesus got lost for awhile.
England, Japan, Germany, North Korea all were ACTUALLY at war with the ideals of the USA at verious times, and they were assuredly not Catholic.

The Vatican wasn't at odds with the US at any time. Please cite statements from the Vatican where they denounced the foundation of US civil law.

Thanks.
Clay

Union, NJ

#424574 Feb 25, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Non-answer! Care to try again?
What answer are you looking for? I thought you already knew the Catholic and Orthodox teaching on the bread and wine?
In substance it remains.
There. Do you feel your hands are washed now? Ye of little faith.

"The Jews disputed among themselves, saying 'how could this man give us his flesh to eat?"

And then everyone became confused about it for 1,600 yrs. Those silly Apostles forgot to explain their writings to everyone and Christianity was a mess until the Bible could be printed.
I bet Jesus was mad at those guys for messing up His ministry by not explaining the Bread and Wine properly. We're thankfull Our Lord left enough clues hidden in the Gospels for you people to unlock and explain it all correctly.
Clay

Union, NJ

#424575 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
It would seem to me that the path to salvation is really important. You guys may want to get together and figure that one out. Y'all are claiming the Holy Spirit is telling you Our Lords will.
Well, we know by process of elimination, that one of you is spreading the wrong gospel; you're teaching people something that is contrary to what Jesus Christ wants.

#424576 Feb 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
"almost zero walk" save for the largest charitable and educational operations undertaken by any Christian faith.
The rest of your post conveniently insists that we forget that your "reformation ideals" noted had nothing to do with the civil rights you lay out.
You can have your own opinion, FM, but not your own facts.
~~~

YOU WROTE

"charitable and educational operations undertaken by any Christian faith."

HOW CAN A RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION BE CHARITABLE (HAVE LOVE)THAT BARS ALL OTHERS FROM HEAVEN?

THE BANNER OF THIS FORUM READS..

"Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
The Vatican A issued a document Tuesday restating A its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ."

THE BIBLE SAYS...

1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
Clay

Union, NJ

#424577 Feb 25, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, the [reverence ] comes form being obediance to the words of Jesus when He said do this in REMEMBRANCE OF ME.
how much [reverance] is being displayed when the rcc insistes that the wine is changed into blood. sorry but it isnt any wonder that the first and only time that I have ever entered into a catholic church, I was grossed out.
NO CHRISTIAN SHOULD EVER FEEL AT HOME IN A CATHOLIC CHURCH.
Ouch. Really? You entered a Catholic Church once and became grossed out! That's called ignorance I think.
But I do understand how people could be perplexed upon their first experience with Catholicism. The Mass; the Priests in robes; the incense and alter...
You know, I attended a mega church evangelical gathering once. I definitely wasn't grossed out. But I was surprised on a couple things:

1. The attire worn by some of the members. Especially the woman. I know it was warm that day, but showing your stomach and tight shorts didn't seem appropriate to me.

2. While the reading from the Gospel was going on, people were reclined in their chairs and sipping coffee. Some were whispering about things not related to Jesus. Kids were running back and forth.

I was not used to that. I thought it was disrespectful to the word of God. Catholics stand and stay quiet for the Gospel reading.
I don't know what your particular congregation does and by no means am I classifying all of Protestantism this way..
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424578 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
"charitable and educational operations undertaken by any Christian faith."
HOW CAN A RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION BE CHARITABLE (HAVE LOVE)THAT BARS ALL OTHERS FROM HEAVEN?
THE BANNER OF THIS FORUM READS..
"Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
The Vatican A issued a document Tuesday restating A its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ."
THE BIBLE SAYS...
1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
I stated it as it's a fact.

I find them useful-you, not so much.

The Church doesn't teach that non-Catholics are barred from Heaven. Another useful fact.

See how much fun they can be?

#424579 Feb 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It would seem to me that the path to salvation is really important. You guys may want to get together and figure that one out. Y'all are claiming the Holy Spirit is telling you Our Lords will.
Well, we know by process of elimination, that one of you is spreading the wrong gospel; you're teaching people something that is contrary to what Jesus Christ wants.
```

I have not given you any thing that a real Christian should have to quibble about..

I have given you BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSES FROM THE BIBLE...

~~~

SINCE YOU REFUSE THE BIBLE (THE INERRANT WORD OF GOD )and attempted to

write your own...

you evidently are a WORSHIPER of strange gods... you are the one

that is the problem...because you refuse the eternal solution.

CHRIST WITH YOU is your only HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE..all else is

inconsequential VAIN JINGLING.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#424580 Feb 25, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I beleive in a know so Salvation. and I said that a peson that is Saved will go to heaven.
nothing in those words indicate a belief in a doctrine of OSAS as you have tried to say that I have posted the likes of that doctrine in the past.
SO I WILL REINTRATE MY WORDS AGAIN TO HELP YOUR FEEBLE AND CARNAL MIND.
IF I STAY SAVED WHEN I DIE, I WILL ENTER INTO HEAVEN, HOWEVER IF MY LIFE IS SIMILIAR TO WHAT YOU LEAD WITH YOUR FILTHY MOUTH, CHANCES ARE POOR AND SLIM AND SLIM JUST LEFT TOWN.
You said (and I quote) "if a person is saved, they will go to heaven" , but now you must struggle to add to your previous statement by adding that a person " must STAY saved".
It seems that you are too stupid to even see that you are changing what you stated in the first place.
So are you NOW trying to tell us that a person who is 'saved by grace' must now somehow maintain thier salvation 'by works'?
Like I said. That was a ridiculous statement coming from you.

#424581 Feb 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch. Really? You entered a Catholic Church once and became grossed out! That's called ignorance I think.
But I do understand how people could be perplexed upon their first experience with Catholicism. The Mass; the Priests in robes; the incense and alter...
You know, I attended a mega church evangelical gathering once. I definitely wasn't grossed out. But I was surprised on a couple things:
1. The attire worn by some of the members. Especially the woman. I know it was warm that day, but showing your stomach and tight shorts didn't seem appropriate to me.
2. While the reading from the Gospel was going on, people were reclined in their chairs and sipping coffee. Some were whispering about things not related to Jesus. Kids were running back and forth.
I was not used to that. I thought it was disrespectful to the word of God. Catholics stand and stay quiet for the Gospel reading.
I don't know what your particular congregation does and by no means am I classifying all of Protestantism this way..
~~~

AFTER ALL OF YOUR MOCK REVERENCE AND PIOUS PLATITUDES THAT YOU DISPLAY IN YOU MAUSOLEUM FOR THE DEAD SAINTS AND THEIR STATUES AND YOUR RELICS...

THE CONGREGANTS FILE OUT WITH NO FELLOWSHIP WITH OTHER..OR GATHER FOR BINGO..

SOME HEAD FOR THE NEAREST PUB AND GET STONED...

OTHERS HEAD TO THE BROTHEL.

AND THE PRIEST ( as many have )PROCEEDS TO SODOMIZES A CHILD, OR THE

ACTIVITY OF HOMOSEXUALITY...RIGHT

Holiness and righteous is left on the door step...or hung UP like a

coat in the vestibule ...until the next scheduled form of godliness

RIGHT?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424582 Feb 25, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You said (and I quote) "if a person is saved, they will go to heaven" , but now you must struggle to add to your previous statement by adding that a person " must STAY saved".
It seems that you are too stupid to even see that you are changing what you stated in the first place.
So are you NOW trying to tell us that a person who is 'saved by grace' must now somehow maintain thier salvation 'by works'?
Like I said. That was a ridiculous statement coming from you.
Do you believe that one can or cannot lose their salvation?

A person who undergoes a believer's baptism has license to undertake sinful acts as his/her salvation is not a matter of doubt?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424583 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text>
```
I have not given you any thing that a real Christian should have to quibble about..
I have given you BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSES FROM THE BIBLE...
~~~
SINCE YOU REFUSE THE BIBLE (THE INERRANT WORD OF GOD )and attempted to
write your own...
you evidently are a WORSHIPER of strange gods... you are the one
that is the problem...because you refuse the eternal solution.
CHRIST WITH YOU is your only HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE..all else is
inconsequential VAIN JINGLING.
Can you show us where Clay "refused the bible"?

I missed it, and Clay probably did also.
preston

Athens, OH

#424584 Feb 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
it was teh very famous church in Tucson, Az that I wlaked into. first of all, I couldnt stand the stench of all of those candles,

and then to wlk over and see some poor mans bones in a glass tomb and people lighting candles for whatever reason, the guy was dead so candles were not going to light his abode whereever that might be.

JUST GROSSED ME RIGHT OUT.

I WOULDNT STEP INSIDE ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR CATHOLIC CHURCHS UNLESS GOD MADE ME TOO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Buck Crick 110,291
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 37 min Po Pierdole ni 46,197
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 44 min Gabriel 982,080
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Ronald 28
Hank Williams, Jr. is a retard (Oct '11) 3 hr handsomebrady 26
My NEW SPECULATION about the mystery vehicle an... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 16
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 7 hr Reign 477
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,753
More from around the web