Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591359 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

United States

#424312 Feb 23, 2013
guest wrote:
-
Clay: "No Pope has added to sacred scripture. They do not have the authority to do so. No one has."
-
of course, Clay. So tell me so I can under stand this:
-
When the church was "compiling" the scripture ... approximately 800 years AFTER Jewish canon of scripture was closed ... did the Jews of their day come by and say, "Yo! Dudes! somehow we forgot these books - so here they are and you need to add them into the Hebrew scriptures.":
-
Tobit
Judith
1 Maccabees
2 Maccabees
Wisdom
Sirach
Baruch
-
-
I don't think so. These books were added by the Catholic Church ... with the Pope's approval.
-
-
Robert Dye wrote:
Um .. no ... you need to check your history.
Those books are part of the Septuagint, from which Jesus Himself quoted.
They were considered canon by many (but perhaps not all) Jews of His day, and one could infer that Jesus recognized the authority of the sSeptuagint by quoting from it, although He did not quote those specific books.
But they WERE in the Septuagint.
Rob
-
History?
-
This is so ludicrous as to be considered truly insane, or at the very least "delusional."
-
What history? Catholic history? We know history has a way of being written by the "victors" - meaning: It is incredibly biased by those who are the aggressors. And the Catholic/Constantine Christians were indeed the AGGRESSORS. We know this from documented history.
-
Here, in as few words - and as briefly as possible (so as to not be misunderstood):
-
Jesus was a JEW.
-
AS a Jew, he went to the Jewish TEMPLE to read the Jewish books.
-
He preached the Good News to fellow JEWS.
-
He *logically* spoke to them in Hebrew.
-
He, therefore,*logically* quoted from the Hebrew text of the Jewish scriptures.
-
The Septuagint was the GREEK *translation* of the HEBREW *scriptures.* Jesus would have no reason to quote from the GREEK TRANSLATION to Jewish listeners, unless he were conducting Greek as a second language to his Jewish followers.(And though he most likely spoke Greek fluently - I don't think he had the time to teach it to his Jewish listeners along with all the other 'stuff' he had on his plate.)
-
*IF* original GREEK "writings" crept into the GREEK Septuagint, THAT DOES NOT MEAN they belong IN THE JEWISH CANON OF HEBREW SCRIPTURES.
-
So. To say Jesus quoted from the Septuagint is flat out ridiculous. And by your own admission, he NEVER quoted from the seven books that were added into the Septuagint by the Greeks and ultimately added to the Bible by the Catholic Church.
-
Therefore: Any *reasonable* person would conclude that those books ultimately DO NOT BELONG in the Sacred Jewish Scriptures.
-
Additionally: They were NEVER/EVER part of the accepted Jewish/Hebrew Scripture and are NOT part of the Jewish Bible down to this very day. God entrusted the preservation of the Hebrew scripture to the Jews. Nobody else. And nobody else has the right to add to it.
-
..especially not the Catholic church... though they try.
-
Funny. They try to add those books by saying SOMEONE ELSE DID IT FIRST!
So in essence they are following the Greeks - Go figure!
-
I hope that is simple enough to understand.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#424313 Feb 23, 2013
marge wrote:
'The A-B-C's of Salvation'
A. Acknowledge self as sinner
B. Believe in Christ
C. Confess Christ as Saviour
My Bible says: Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

My Bible does not say: Confess Christ as Saviour....

Location hidden

#424314 Feb 23, 2013
311 022
ironman77 wrote:
<quoted text>
What so he doesn't have the power to forgive sin anymore? You are joking right? The Son of God striped of all after such sacrifice? Wow, I wouldn't hold on to that belief system you've got going there! Just bc it says he had power on earth doesn't mean he lost it when he decended into heaven! Is that what your saying?
Therein is your problem!!!! "when He descended:..

Descend: To move from a higher to a lower place;
preston

Waverly, OH

#424315 Feb 23, 2013
Oxbow

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#424313 44 min ago
marge wrote:
B. Believe in Christ
My Bible says: Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
qaxyax

Pittsburgh, PA

#424316 Feb 23, 2013
http://youtube.com/watch... Excuse's are Reasons
Vatican just babbling there mouth on the subject cheap Bragging
jesus christ blows me

Hazleton, PA

#424317 Feb 23, 2013
and leonard nimoy is the only true vulcan.

have no other vulcans before him.

amen.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#424318 Feb 23, 2013
marge wrote:
B. Believe in Christ
Book, chapter and verse-please as to "where" it says to "confess Christ as Saviour!!!!!!
preston

Waverly, OH

#424319 Feb 23, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Book, chapter and verse-please as to "where" it says to "confess Christ as Saviour!!!!!!
romans 10:10.

thought that you said that you cae out of a Bible only type church and you dont know that very famous verse of the bible?

you are like dumb OX.
Can you back your BS

Redding, CA

#424320 Feb 23, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Mat 10:32
Luke 12:8
Romans 10:9
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

#424321 Feb 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark 16:16 - He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved. He that believeth not shall be condemned.
Answer the question and it will become clear to you of which I speak.
In the Scripture quoted, what is going to condemn you if you don't do it????.
Your sin.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#424322 Feb 23, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sin.
~~~

Rom_8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Rom_8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#424323 Feb 23, 2013
Can you back your BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Mat 10:32
Luke 12:8
Romans 10:9
Thanks--- We confess Jesus Christ (as Lord and Savior) "each and every day" at daily Mass, in and through Jesus Christs One (and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church!--(the Bride of Christ!!

Location hidden

#424324 Feb 23, 2013
preston wrote:
Oxbow
Location hidden
Please wait... Reply
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#424313 44 min ago
marge wrote:
B. Believe in Christ
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
That does not change the truth...from Scripture:

Location hidden

#424325 Feb 23, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>romans 10:10.
thought that you said that you cae out of a Bible only type church and you dont know that very famous verse of the bible?
you are like dumb OX.
Ro 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation

Not one word about confessing Christ as Saviour!!!!

Location hidden

#424326 Feb 23, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sin.
Typical Catholic...the truth is staring you straight in the face...yet you deny it....

If you don't believe...pack your lunch...bring fans..

Jumping in the river will not change your destination!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#424327 Feb 23, 2013
Creator left seal on your hand ''N''..
You don't liked your Creator..no.
truth

Perth, Australia

#424328 Feb 23, 2013
you try change scripture as they are

''N''
all man is corupt
byyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#424329 Feb 23, 2013
corupt liars upon liars

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#424330 Feb 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That does not change the truth...from Scripture:
~~~
You wrote

"My Bible does not say: Confess Christ as Saviour...."

I does say

Mar_8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Luk_9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Luk_12:8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:
truth

Perth, Australia

#424331 Feb 23, 2013
in matrix is so long evil

liar

7 billions kids as alive on this planet not coming from liar

mother who give life which life come from her

because you don't liked truth

you liked death not life

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min I Am No One_ 841,687
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 6 min HARISH 1,476
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 21 min The swamiji 7,171
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 40 min 15th Dalai Lama 4,782
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 57 min RADEKT 271,468
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr bott 151
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 612,281
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 hr RiccardoFire 100,205
More from around the web