Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,398
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424281 Feb 23, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to settle down.
Just waiting for your answer, Marge....
truth

Australia

#424282 Feb 23, 2013
go back
you are pro-death
or
pro-life

i say to you
where life be before
now
you can choose
but don't call me

neavaehheavennevaehheavennevae hheavennevaehheaven
nevaehheavennevaehheaven

how many time multiplay
truth

Australia

#424283 Feb 23, 2013
holy holy holy
never silent
truth

Australia

#424284 Feb 23, 2013
holy ghost

expirence
i listen around 3o'clock toward morning forgive me if early few minutes or simular like that
its start going stream down trough my street previouse..yes yes yes
but
as i always i weak up
and look
o yes i say aluminium cane..oh my god..must be wind strange..i turn back..who me..no no i don't fill scare..then cane past my house oh sudenly come back up up up toward my door..stop there few meters no makac..then go back
many times
i go out
nobody eat me
so what?
maybe i died
if i am not died
why i am still alive+
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424285 Feb 23, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand what you're trying to say.
Matthew 7:21 informs us that people will believe they are saved, even doing good works in His name, but they will not be partakers in the Kingdom because they did not do the will of the Father.
As far as Mark 16:16 goes, why would someone submit to baptism if they do not believe? However, if you believe, baptism doesn't look to be optional or unimportant.
And, Paul instructed that there was ONE, not the two or more that denominations practice.
Not an option....COMMAND.....
truth

Australia

#424286 Feb 23, 2013
still here
yeeeeeeeeeee
its follow me
where ever i go
doese meter how i look or say
still around meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
yes
when i past here
my cane come
yes
some wind around and going around
its let me know
i am around you
who
marge will tell you
truth

Australia

#424287 Feb 23, 2013
Holy Ghost will find you.
truth

Australia

#424288 Feb 23, 2013
not liar
holy ghost know
where i am
holy spirit is god active force
truth

Australia

#424289 Feb 23, 2013
2co1;21
truth

Australia

#424290 Feb 23, 2013
psalm 146
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#424291 Feb 23, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 7:21
Christís law laid down, Matt. 7:21. Not every one that saith, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, into the kingdom of grace and glory. It is an answer to that question, Ps. 15:1. Who shall sojourn in thy tabernacle?--the church militant; and who shall dwell in thy holy hill?--the church triumphant. Christ here shows,

(1.) That it will not suffice to say, Lord, Lord; in word and tongue to own Christ for our Master, and to make addresses to him, and professions of him accordingly: in prayer to God, in discourse with men, we must call Christ, Lord, Lord; we say well, for so he is (John 13:13); but can we imagine that this is enough to bring us to heaven, that such a piece of formality as this should be so recompensed, or that he who knows and requires the heart should be so put off with shows for substance? Compliments among men are pieces of civility that are returned with compliments, but they are never paid as real services; and can they then be of an account with Christ? There may be a seeming importunity in prayer, Lord, Lord: but if inward impressions be not answerable to outward expressions, we are but as sounding brass and a tinkling cymbal. This is not to take us off from saying, Lord, Lord; from praying, and being earnest in prayer, from professing Christís name, and being bold in professing it, but from resting in these, in the form of godliness, without the power.
That it is necessary to our happiness that we do the will of Christ, which is indeed the will of his Father in heaven. The will of God, as Christís Father, is his will in the gospel, for there he is made known, as the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ: and in him our Father. Now this is his will, that we believe in Christ, that we repent of sin, that we live a holy life, that we love one another. This is his will, even our sanctification. If we comply not with the will of God, we mock Christ in calling him Lord, as those did who put on him a gorgeous robe, and said, Hail, King of the Jews. Saying and doing are two things, often parted in conversation of men: he that said, I go, sir, stirred never a step (Matt. 21:30); but these two things God has joined in his command, and let no man that puts them asunder think to enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Cont

Since: Nov 08

usa

#424292 Feb 23, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad, Jethro, that you are getting back to normal.....
Glad that you are going ahead with this complaint.....
Just take it one day at a time, and maybe you will be able to talk things out with your g/f and get back together.....
I know how it is with dogs....they are just like having a child....we have one and he is just like part of our family and love him very much.....he also does tricks....not as many as your dog.....
Keep your chin up.....
it takes a lot of time to train a dog that is why most owners only teach a few basic ones,we got very lucky with this dog and my ex-g/f is very good at training,she should of became one instead of being a teacher.and yes i have every intention of following through with my complaint
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#424293 Feb 23, 2013
SADAN:

You have , taken the saving Grace of God, because of His great love for us.
"Sent His Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ"
To die in our place upon a cross, and shed His Cleansing Blood, that who so ever believe in Him might be saved.

And claimed water is what saved you,'CHRIST SAVED YOU' CHRIST ONLY CHRIST.
WATER BAPTISM COMES AFTER THE FACT, THAT YOU HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED BY THE HOLY GHOST AND FIRE.
THAT PURGES YOUR SOUL FROM SIN.
WATER BAPTISM IS THE OUTWARD SIGH OF THAT, AND TO PROCLAIM TO THE WORLD THAT YOU ARE NOW THE ADOPTED SON OF GOD.

Ephesians 2:8-10

King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

WHAT IS IT ABOUT THIS SCRIPTURE THAT YOU AND CATHOLIC'S CAN'T OR DON'T UNDERSTAND.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#424294 Feb 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD SAID..-->listen to Jesus<--
EXACTLY!! We as Catholics listen to Jesus, His own SPOKEN, STATED and EXPRESSED WORDS---"In the Gospels)--every day at Daily Mass..... We, not only listen to Him but we follow and adhere to His Words, His teachings and His "explicit directions" (every day) IN THE GOSPELS and the TRUTH that has been proclaimed, over and over again, for 2000 years of Church History in:

Matthew 16:13-21--re: His(only)One True (Universal-Catholic Church
John 6:47-59 --re: the Eucharist (Jesus' TRUE BODY AND BLOOD
Mark 4:1-re: baptism for the remission of sin-
Mark 16:16---re: he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved
John 1:31-re:I baptize with water, but HE will baptize with the HS

Why don't YOU, Confrinting, instead of just quoting "bible verses"----believe, follow, "act" on, and live the SPOKEN words of Jesus (each day)!!!

hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#424295 Feb 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD SAID..-->listen to Jesus<--
Mat 17:4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
Mat 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said,
-->This is my beloved Son,
in whom I am well pleased;
HEAR YE HIM . <--
THE APOSTLE PETER... WHOM YOU ALLEGE TO BE YOUR FIRST POPE
WROTE
2Pe 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
2Pe 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
2Pe 1:12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.
2Pe 1:13 Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance;
2Pe 1:14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.
2Pe 1:15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.
-->NOTE <--
2Pe 1:16 --->For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. <---
2Pe 1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
2Pe 1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
2Pe 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto
ye do well that ye take heed,
as unto a light that shineth in a dark place,
until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that NO PROPHECY IN THE SCRIPTURE IS OF ANY PRIVATE INTERPRETATION...
2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man:
but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
And God said--"don't listen to Confrinting--but listen to Jesus HIMSELF--- Which "IS"--THE TRUTH that is manifested in and through
my Son Jesus' One True Catholic Church-(which is HIS Bride (the Church). My Son's OWN SPOKEN WORDS-----"in" THE GOSPEL-----are the TRUTH that I gave you over 2000 years ago....Paul, also knew the TRUTH when he wrote in I Timothy 3:15, that "the Church (not the Bible only) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!!
marge

Ames, IA

#424296 Feb 23, 2013
'The A-B-C's of Salvation'

A. Acknowledge self as sinner

B. Believe in Christ

C. Confess Christ as Saviour
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

#424297 Feb 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
SADAN:
To die in our place upon a cross, and shed His Cleansing Blood, that who so ever believe in Him might be saved.
WATER BAPTISM COMES AFTER THE FACT, THAT YOU HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED BY THE HOLY GHOST AND FIRE.
WATER BAPTISM IS THE OUTWARD SIGH OF THAT, AND TO PROCLAIM TO THE WORLD THAT YOU ARE NOW THE ADOPTED SON OF GOD.
King James Version (KJV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT THIS SCRIPTURE THAT YOU AND CATHOLIC'S CAN'T OR DON'T UNDERSTAND.
You've created a strawman. I never said water saved me or that water can save you. There is no power in water the power comes from obedient faith.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#424298 Feb 23, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>That's what happens when protestants keep the TRADITIONS of the Catholic Church especially the RCC.
This is a response you made to Justice on 42 of this latter number series ending in 42. Very good response,but I would like to give everyone here something to think about.

Justice posted that the prots tortured and killed many RCs,later buned heretics and witches.WELL,of course anyone who does such things are murderers,and follows the inspiration of the Evil one.However we must take also in mind the apostate state of mind Roman Catholicism was in when even Luther challenged the Holy See of his day.The selling of indulgences,seems little,but was far worse was the whole idea of salvation as non-related to the Holy gospels and epistles,and of human origin,rather than that of the Eternal God.

For 6 centuries we know that the Inquisition lasted,nevertheless,before Luther the Inquisition and other types of persuasion the RCC used to oppress the whole of Europe lasted so long that most Encyclopedic info brings out the FACT,that the atmosphere in Europe was the worst ever recorded in its history.The Dark Ages may have included the plagues to add to the depressive climate of those times,but worse was the Bishops of the church who forced their will on the peoples of Europe,literally holding captive the kings and magistrates.

How can any humans respond to such a long period of years,and be N O R M A L?

We have no clue as to the hatred and despair so many human beings had for the Church of those times.People reacted to the final surge of the break from the Roman Church,that to many was a despot dictator.Think as well of the many men and women who were atheists and non-religious that joined with the religious against the Roman Church,and you have what later inflicted a death blow to the power of the RCC.
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

#424299 Feb 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
SADAN:
King James Version (KJV)
Is this your proof that baptism is 'a work'? I've heard 1000's of people claim it is, but they've never shown me the passage that says it is.

I've said before, if submitting to baptism is a work how could developing faith not be considered works? I would suggest developing the faith to believe Jesus is the Son of God requires study, or home"work". Just sayin....
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

#424300 Feb 23, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Saban,
Baptism is a work.....
But, it is the working of God and NOT of man....
I have shown the scriptures I don't know how many times but they do not read and believe God's word....
I agree with you.

It was no work that I did that saved me. He did the work. His grace saves me. I'm just submitting to His command and entering through the one "door".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Bongo 777,978
What City Is This Forum/Topstories Located? 5 min Ace 1
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 min Anti-Christ 441,817
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 17 min Jerry 189
White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 35 min Strangelove_95 465
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr lovewithin 39,380
Couch Potato Alert 1 hr yon 9
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr lil whispers 605,320
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Aura Mytha 265,422
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 hr yon 4,875
More from around the web