Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685844 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Garden City, MI

#424521 Feb 24, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree they were told to call upon the name of The Lord in Acts 2, then a few verses later Peter told them HOW to call upon the name of The Lord in Acts 2:38.
... And everything that could possibly be revealed by the Apostles, is only found in those Books that some of them penned. The other ones that were lost or destroyed during early Christianity, but especially on February 24th 303 A.D, were not that important... Because Jesus Christ was secretly waiting for the born agains ... Oh wait, the real "Church of Christ" (bearing His name) or the Pentecostals ... or whatever. Anything but the evil Catholic Church...Jesus was waiting to reveal his true intentions.
Conspiracy Christianity is all it is.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#424522 Feb 24, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this your proof that baptism is 'a work'? I've heard 1000's of people claim it is, but they've never shown me the passage that says it is.
I've said before, if submitting to baptism is a work how could developing faith not be considered works? I would suggest developing the faith to believe Jesus is the Son of God requires study, or home"work". Just sayin....
Amen

Ephesians 5:26 Translations

King James Version (KJV)

That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#424523 Feb 24, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>How could they be getting drunk it the wine had been changed to blood?
The same way all alcoholic Catholic priest do....there are no known bloodcoholics!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#424524 Feb 24, 2013
Did not I say that popes come up through the ranks of pedophiles and sexual abusers...!!!!

(CNN)-- Scotland's Roman Catholic archbishop is contesting accusations of "inappropriate behavior" with priests, claims leveled as Cardinal Keith O'Brien prepares to join the conclave that will choose a new pope.

British newspaper The Observer reported Sunday that three priests and one former priest have leveled allegations against O'Brien that date back 30 years. The Observer did not recount details of the claims or identify any of O'Brien's accusers, but said one of the priests alleged "that the cardinal developed an inappropriate relationship with him."

Location hidden

#424525 Feb 24, 2013
Whom let the cat out of the bag???!!!

It's a matter of record that at the peak of last year's massive Vatican leaks crisis, Benedict XVI created a commission of three cardinals to investigate the leaks. They submitted an eyes-only report to the pope in mid-December, which has not been made public.

It's impossible to confirm whether that report looked into the possibility that people protecting secrets about their sex lives were involved with the leaks, but frankly, it would be surprising if it didn't.

There are certainly compelling reasons to consider the hypothesis. In 2007, a Vatican official was caught by an Italian TV network on hidden camera arranging a date through a gay-oriented chat room, and then taking the young man back to his Vatican apartment.

In 2010, a papal ceremonial officer was caught on a wiretap arranging liaisons through a Nigerian member of a Vatican choir. Both episodes played out in full public view, and gave the Vatican a black eye.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#424526 Feb 24, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Amen
Ephesians 5:26 Translations
King James Version (KJV)
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Did you really agree to this?;

'I would suggest developing the faith to believe Jesus is the Son of God requires study, or home"work". Just sayin..../

No way dear, All Good things from above are a Gift from God, zero credit goes to our 'works', it's Him working in us that we learn things from Him.

First one must be born-again through faith in Jesus and then and only then can we do 'Any Works' including confessing Him our Lord and Saviour at a water baptism.

Location hidden

#424527 Feb 24, 2013
Catholics say: We are not Guaranteed Salvation; We Hope For Salvation...

How can anyone sleep not knowing that they are going to Heaven!!!!

This must not be in their Bible: These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Location hidden

#424528 Feb 24, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>Did you really agree to this?;
'I would suggest developing the faith to believe Jesus is the Son of God requires study, or home"work". Just sayin..../
No way dear, All Good things from above are a Gift from God, zero credit goes to our 'works', it's Him working in us that we learn things from Him.
First one must be born-again through faith in Jesus and then and only then can we do 'Any Works' including confessing Him our Lord and Saviour at a water baptism.
Eph 5:26 has nothing...zilch to do with baptism.....

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

The holy water at the door is not for drinking!!!! It is getting to you!!!!
truth

Attadale, Australia

#424529 Feb 24, 2013
humility
Is that true our lovely Jesus Christ not ex..pir..an..ce /m..empir.. that or pride and.. a rog a n cy.. is What?=sin
rog nije bog=horn is not God=3000 years atar=4 horns
where?
now..why i am wrong?
How many God you have?
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#424530 Feb 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Jesus doesn't remove the Alcohol.
Don't worry 4gvn. You'll still be forgiven for denying Jesus Christ in the Eucharist.
Your Bible told you so!
If it is truely the blood of Jesus why is it alcoholic? Are yo claiming that Jesus' blood has alcohol in it? Stop grandstanding and answer the question. And, it is not that I (will be) forgiven, it is that I have already been forgiven.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#424531 Feb 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You should understand that people have been mocking the Holy Eucharist since Christ established it. You're not offering any new argument 4gvn.,. So get in line with the rest of the troops that stood up and boldly claimed they were forgiven (even thou they attempted to undo what Our Lord wanted.)
You guys existed in every decade since Jesus Christ. Do you understand that?
You come and go.
The Holy Catholic Church still remains. It always will until Christ returns.
Non-answer! Care to try again?
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#424532 Feb 25, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Holey stomach openings with drying water flowing out!
<snicker>

I don't think he realized it was the apostles speaking in tongues/languages of the foriegn Jews etc. that had come from all over and heard them/apostles speaking in their native languages the word of God.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#424533 Feb 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you expect to learn Marge if it was not for the GIFT of his word, Faith comes by hearing.

Romans 10:17

New King James Version (NKJV)

17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#424534 Feb 25, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>If it is truely the blood of Jesus why is it alcoholic? Are yo claiming that Jesus' blood has alcohol in it?
Of course not. The belief is that The wine transforms into the blood. Its a miracle. Just like when Jesus tranformed water into wine at the marriage at Cana.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#424535 Feb 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Catholics say: We are not Guaranteed Salvation; We Hope For Salvation...
How can anyone sleep not knowing that they are going to Heaven!!!
Its having the humility to leave judgment to God and not think that you are better than everyone else.
truth

Attadale, Australia

#424536 Feb 25, 2013
you mean like river in Egypt..
truth

Attadale, Australia

#424537 Feb 25, 2013
i told you justice is not justice
did i fill sorry what i say this not
nooooooooooooooooooooooo

you can suffer too

byyyyyy
preston

Athens, OH

#424538 Feb 25, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Eternal security...That is funny,coming from you. Now say you don't believe what you just said.
I beleive in a know so Salvation. and I said that a peson that is Saved will go to heaven.

nothing in those words indicate a belief in a doctrine of OSAS as you have tried to say that I have posted the likes of that doctrine in the past.

SO I WILL REINTRATE MY WORDS AGAIN TO HELP YOUR FEEBLE AND CARNAL MIND.

IF I STAY SAVED WHEN I DIE, I WILL ENTER INTO HEAVEN, HOWEVER IF MY LIFE IS SIMILIAR TO WHAT YOU LEAD WITH YOUR FILTHY MOUTH, CHANCES ARE POOR AND SLIM AND SLIM JUST LEFT TOWN.
preston

Athens, OH

#424539 Feb 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
so what did you expect from a sda. and you have been calling him a"brother"for months, while raging at me.lol
preston

Athens, OH

#424540 Feb 25, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>
<snicker>
I don't think he realized it was the apostles speaking in tongues/languages of the foriegn Jews etc. that had come from all over and heard them/apostles speaking in their native languages the word of God.
again, that is a sign for the unbeleivers and a great miracle happened that day.now adays, you would not expect to see many different people from foreign lands in a Missionary meeting like that one was.

so consider that God Supplied the means for them ALL to hear.

and if you replaced your hatred of me, you might learn something that would or might cause YOU to get Saved too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min arrr 26,648
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 30 min MOGA 985,715
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 1 hr Red Crosse 7
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Halle Berry Sister 4,292
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 2 hr MOGA 41
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Jake999 619,750
Why some in the south tower got what they had c... 8 hr Doctor REALITY 2
More from around the web