Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
408,841 - 408,860 of 536,863 Comments Last updated 21 min ago

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

pickled peckers 4 jesus wrote:
<quoted text>fundie is hitting below the belt??
oh boo hoo---you must be mental to be sooo hurt.
i'm willing to be called a fundie-mental-ist....if you have a 18 yr old sister willing to blow me for it.
~~~

BY YOU OWN WORDS... YOU ARE BRINGING DEATH... UPON YOUR SELF.

Pro_6:2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.

Pro_12:13 The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips: but the just shall come out of trouble.

Pro_18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
pickled peckers 4 jesus

Pittston, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
BY YOU OWN WORDS... YOU ARE BRINGING DEATH... UPON YOUR SELF.
Pro_6:2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.
Pro_12:13 The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips: but the just shall come out of trouble.
Pro_18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
woof---st benjamin, the dog.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm ...
What I said above is not, strictly speaking, perfectly correct.
We cannot REALLY say that Jesus cited the Septuagint. The most we can say is that tne sacred authors of the New Testament, writing in Greek, frequently use the Septuagint Translation for their citations of the Old Testament (not always, though).
If Jesus had a conversation in Hebrew, or in Aramaic, and He cited the scriptures, He ... probably ... did so in the language in which He was conversing.
The sacred authors, writing in Greek, would have to translate what Jesus said, in Hebrew or Aramaic, into the Greek.
Most often, the Sacred Authors (whom Catholics believe were inspired by the Holy Spirit to write as they did) chose to use the citation from the Septuagint for their translation of what Jesus said, even though it is more likely he was NOT speaking Greek at the time the words were actually said out loud.
For Catholics, thos would point to the Holy Spirit affirming the validity of the Septuagint, as the Hopy Spirit could have inspired the sacred authors to use other sources for their cites, as they did on some occasions.
Either way, your contention the the CC "added" these books with the "permission of the Pope" plays out as incorrect, as they were part of the translation of the Hebrew scriptures which appears to have been the preferred inspired choice of the inspired writers of the inspired Greek New Testament.
Rob
~~~

JESUS SAID WHAT THE HEAVENLY FATHER SAID...

HE DID NOT HAVE TO DEPEND UPON THE OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT... HEBREW ..ARAMAIC GREEK LATIN OR ANY EARTHLY TRANSLATIONS..

HE SPOKE... STRAIGHT FROM THE HEAVENLY FATHERS MOUTH...

Joh 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Joh 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
BY YOUR OWN WORDS... YOU ARE BRINGING DEATH... UPON YOUR SELF.

woof---st benjamin, the dog.

~~~~

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...

YOU WILL REAP WHAT YOU SOW...

Gal 6:6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.

Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
truth

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

izmisljotino
izmisljotino
izmisljotino

Its coming from someone who is bless.
How its looks?..
Its not nice say someone izmisljotino.
Yes its going from mouth.

iz misli=from mind
i zmije=snake
i zmaje=dragon

now
izmisljotina= izum=innovation in nova at ''ion''=as condutor

Because you attacking me always i give you answer.http://www.biblegateway .com/passage/?search=Proverbs+ 2%3A5-7&version=ESV
Who is against mother they are against son..
then you will find izmisljotina=innovation=knowal adge
truth

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
As to whether I am really a priest, all you have to do is check the website for the Diocese of Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.
It's not that difficult.
Rob
sorry, but any person can cone on here and use that name. proves nothing.
truth

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

book
i used name of my father
what i find in
how
i been small child which nobody to much care..i sit in last chair or one before..iuntil my teacher from matematics and fisics say..o no no
here on first chair..but not other friend..could you imagen everyone have friend not me..poor child not even friend..because they simple transform every test into perfection simple from me one by one.
They have everything me nothing at all.
determinant
he say go on blackbord..but i been small child its to much high for me where ever i liked drove..yes yes they smile..
me oh
my god
but i wrote i take my chair don't worry..i explain perfection.
my father have only one holy day..its Cross.
I find my father book I show some.
I find with determinant.
I find words
''Father Son and Holy Spirit''
I find meaning of ''prayers to God''.
I find in my father book..
duga=hallo over sky..
i find in my father book
sorrow pain cross as Jesus have
lag wounds blade
sorrowful heart crown of head i find lamb=sutnja zrtva
i find in my father book words
I find words
''i am thirsty''..

I describe my Father before..i told you
my Father have only one Holy day its sorrow day ''Holy Cross''..

As tiny child i watching my Father in procession with that Cross..i remember i took my two youngest brothers for hand..here brother here brother here brother ..its our place ..i bring them close to my Father as I could when station of CROSS stop front of my birth house.
My Father have CROSS..as well I know how looks that Cross.

Its book of my Father under his name i find in my words in my mind.
truth

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

I find under my mother words.
mother Mary
i find words believe= credo= vjerovanje
i find words Holy Spirit..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
dead to sin....
How do you accomplish this, Marge???
~~~

THIS IS WHAT THE WORD SAYS ABOUT BEING DEAD TO SIN

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Rom 6:2 God forbid.==>How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?<==

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Rom 6:6 ==> Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.<==

Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

Rom 6:11 --> Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. <--

Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

I HOPE THIS EXPLANATION IS SUFFICIENT ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION
truth

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

I find under my oldest brother.
g
mother mary
prayers for priest
i find words he died on Cross=izdahnuo na krizu=on je umrao za tebe na krizu..
i wrote that expirence
its took me complite on CROSS i been there on that CROSS my hand my lags my entire body..
i wrote about that expirence as well pain..
i find that now in my brother book
i find blade in name Jesus Christ blade
i find heart..yes my brother suffer about heart

i find Holy Spirit..
I find under my brother
euharistic
i find my brother name under detirminent
holy bones saint..

i find under my brother name
i am bread
i am bread
i am bread
wounds of arms
chair of holy throne
i find under my brother
two holy hearts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not necessary for the Catholic Church to replace the Holy Spirit because God,our Father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ (the blessed TrinIty ---ARE THE CHURCH!!!( With Jesus--the Bride of Christ HIMSELF)
THE BRIDE OF CHRIST SHOULD NOT BE COMMITTING SPIRITUAL ADULTERY AND SPIRITUAL FORNICATION WITH OTHER GODS...

2Co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

(YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS BEAR WITH ANOTHER JESUS ...WHICH IS NOT PREACHED IN THE BIBLE AND RECEIVE ANOTHER SPIRIT THAT IS STRANGE AND FOREIGN TO THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.)

2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

alessandro alfieri wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome. Evidently not too many people do.
You have got to be kidding me, right? I don't have a clue as to who hojo is and don't see any need to stick up for him. I was simply pointing out that calling someone a fundie is hitting below the belt. No one in their right mind would want to be labelled a Protestant evangelical fundie-mental-ist, which is why no one in their right mind is one. Um, it's pretty cut and dried, not really "discussion" material. Sorry. Maybe one of the nice "Christian" folks here will talk to you. Good luck.
You are right and I won't do that again. Is "fundamentalistic arm-chair evangelist" more appropriate?

:oP

JK

But seriously and sincerely, I do apologize to hojo forsay he is a..."fundie-Catholic ". Although he is a fundamentalist by teaching (~35 yrs), and then becoming a Roman Catholic (new), it is a shortened version of the two teachings.

I believe he is just an "uninformed Christian".
truth

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

I find under my oldest sister.

I find under my oldest sister name
oh my tears
tvoje lice je isuse bilo popljuvano=they spit over Jesus face 7x and 7x trough prayers
i find words under my sister name
kucaj kucaj kucaj=knock knock knock you will find
i find under my sister name
7x our Father
7x Holy Spirit
7x in name of Father Son and Holy Spirit
i find under my siaster name
7x i been bitten
i suffer torchering
7x and 7x
i been pierce in heart
holy water
truth

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

i find under my second sister name
tvoj bok bio je broboden=soldier piers your heart
i find under my second sister name
you take Cross over yourself
you been bitten over your back=ti si primao udarce na svoja leda..
you say for liars not will be place
i find under my 2 sister name

i find under name of my 2 sister
love
3x father Son and holy Spirit

i find under my 2 sister name
deeply from my heart i will set you free
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this where I can find someone being condemned because they weren't baptized?
Mark 16:16
truth

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

For other CROSS IS FOOLISHNESS
for us is Salvation..
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
So Luke is more enlightened than Jesus, too?
Why?
Where did that come from?
Was Luke inspired?
Was Luke incorrect on some subject?

There are no contradictions.
truth

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

under my 2 brother i find
name of Father
thanksgiving
healing of soul
nailing on Cross
2x i love you
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
JESUS SAID WHAT THE HEAVENLY FATHER SAID...
HE DID NOT HAVE TO DEPEND UPON THE OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT... HEBREW ..ARAMAIC GREEK LATIN OR ANY EARTHLY TRANSLATIONS..
HE SPOKE... STRAIGHT FROM THE HEAVENLY FATHERS MOUTH...
Joh 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Joh 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
Do I understand you correctly to be asserting that Jesus did ...not ... cite the Hebrew scriptures in His Teaching?
???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

534 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min ROCCO 729,560
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Insults Are Easier 259,055
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min Liam R 441,059
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 26 min samy 658
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 28 min Ratloder 117,732
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 28 min Helmut Prince von... 32,983
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 31 min Helmut Prince von... 599,513
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Freebird USA 172,886
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••