Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,768
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#424100 Feb 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow doesn't believe it....
I hope he/she may change his/her mind. It was a teaching which is revealed gradually in the gospels, the new testament, and the teachings of the early church.

The doctrine of the Trinity is encapsulated in Matthew 28:19, where Jesus instructs the apostles: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#424101 Feb 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
..don't give in to Satan blinding you to the truth!!!
There is more than one truth here, "truth" and "Truth" :D
preston

Waverly, OH

#424102 Feb 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus had the authority to forgive sins on earth.....
Where are you learning your false teachings????
Jesusí authority has included:
Power over demons
Power over sickness
His authority extends to being able to forgive sins!!!
the dumb OX says he belongs to the SBC, but noone knows if he is lying or not.
he does argue with the Baptists on hree and he did lie when he says that he doesnt play [word games] and we know that he did when he spoke about one word(protestantism) not being on military dog tags.
he doesnt believe the words written by John so he isnt going to beleive anyone else on here either.
he is a religion unto himself.
truth

Australia

#424103 Feb 22, 2013
on start
not speech no words nothing alive

as every accuser go against innocent

on start no speech no any words
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424104 Feb 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ is our mediator....a mediator is a negotiator who acts as a link between parties....He does not forgive sins...God does....
The only healing that truly matters is spiritual.

Jesus is the only one who can bring about spiritual healing.
truth

Australia

#424105 Feb 22, 2013
To my Creator
Heaven and Earth

to wicket accusers

on start
nothing be alive
no speech no any words
no worthy wicket accusers which try set up for others
truth

Australia

#424106 Feb 22, 2013
against accuser
on start nothing be alive
no speech no any words

its against wicket curse sickeness magic spelling and so on
how many times

as you wish many times

u pocetku nebijase rijeci
ni govora ni zivih stvorova
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#424107 Feb 22, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
It's rather a null statement, really, once you look at it.
Kind of like saying, "All those things that are of the color blue ... are blue in color."
Just pointing out the fact that Clay ignores God's Word and believes what people like you say...if in fact you really are a catholic priest.
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

#424108 Feb 22, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
4gvn is my brother, the vast difference we have with you is that you believe water baptism had any role in saving you Sabanfan, we can't get past that and receive you as family.
I'm not seeking your approval. I'm seeking scriptural justification for you to say so BOLDLY that baptism has no role in saving.

Please don't use verses like John 3:16 to back up that statement. Show me why it was so unimportant for all of the people that believed a statement like John 3:16 was true, to still obey the command to be baptized. If it is of no use, why do it?
Why did Jesus do it?
Why did Paul do it?
Why did the 3000 at Pentecost do it?
Why did Lydia do it?
Why did the Eunuch do it?
Why did the jailor do it?
Why was it even mentioned if it plays no saving role?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#424109 Feb 22, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Hojo, how are you?
I gave you Scripture not my opinion. Blessings
"Bible Only" interpretation of Sacred Scripture is like reading the "editorial section" of your local newspaper. "Everybody" has an opinion!! "Everyone" has a (personal view or judgment! "Everybody's opinion" is the (according to them) is the truth! As in the case of Protestant "bible interpretation"--- there are now exists over 42,000 conflicting, contradicting and inconsistent "editorial opinions" ALL CLAIMING TO HAVE THE TRUTH!--The fact is that NONE OF THEM are only --HALF-TRUTH at best. All a person has to do is to look at the Protestant "bible only" mis-interpretations of Scripture to see the (hodge=podge) "contradicting (mess) of bible interpretation that have bought into "secular humanism" that has caused a "cancerous immoral degredation" of Protestant bible only
(division) within the Christian community! i.e abortion, homosexuality, euthenasia, woman ministers, gay marriage, embroyonic stem cell research, homosexual ministers, and on and on, whichever way the "political wind" happens to blow.---The fact is that there has, is and will continue to be (as it has for over 2000 years, ONLY ONE TRUTH,(not 42,000 contradiction (relative truths)--and that TRUTH is in the TRUE biblical intrepretation and TRUE historical teachings, doctrine and precepts of Jesus Christ, manifested (in and through) Our Lords One True Apostolic Catholic Church in the FULLNESS OF THE FAITH and in the FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#424110 Feb 22, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not seeking your approval. I'm seeking scriptural justification for you to say so BOLDLY that baptism has no role in saving.
Please don't use verses like John 3:16 to back up that statement. Show me why it was so unimportant for all of the people that believed a statement like John 3:16 was true, to still obey the command to be baptized. If it is of no use, why do it?
Why did Jesus do it?
Why did Paul do it?
Why did the 3000 at Pentecost do it?
Why did Lydia do it?
Why did the Eunuch do it?
Why did the jailor do it?
Why was it even mentioned if it plays no saving role?
Like I have told Hank...show me where someone has been condemned for not being baptized? Why does scripture say we are only condemned if we lack faith?
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

#424111 Feb 22, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Now here you say the right thing and I'm sure you agree this can be done any day.
And it's not through water-baptism we get "in Christ" but through Faith, fyi,:)
No. I do not believe the memorial can be done any day. We're told that they came together on the 1st day of the week. There is only one first day each week.

But, of course, baptism can be done any time, anywhere, and by anyone so long as there is much water, sufficient for immersion, and that the one being baptized is submitting to it for the forgiveness of sins after they have heard and believed the gospel, repented of the sin in their life and confessed before others, as Peter confessed, that they truly believe Jesus is the Christ.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424112 Feb 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
For awhile, you had me fooled....
The Bible teaches, while upon earth, because Christ had the same Divinity as God, He had the power to forgive sins.
Mt 9:6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.
Mr 2:10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins
Lu 5:24 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins,
Well...surprise surprise...He ain't upon earth any more!!!!
There is no Scripture that teaches, after Christ ascended into Heaven, that He did forgive sins nor that He has the power to do so...
According to you....when Christ taught we are to pray to the Father for forgiveness, He was mistaken????
Quote: After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Judgment seat of Christ....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424113 Feb 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I have told Hank...show me where someone has been condemned for not being baptized? Why does scripture say we are only condemned if we lack faith?
I showed you Chuck.....just unwilling to accept it....
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

#424114 Feb 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because faith will be obedient. Check out the hall of faith over in Heb. 11. Those people were saved though an OBEDIENT faith. I would suggest to you that they would've been condemned if their 'faith' had not been obedient to the commands they'd been given.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424115 Feb 22, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>yes i am thank you,i was given 10 bags of saline solution mixed with some other rehydration fluids for two days,i can't seriously understand what happened i did do alot of work that day clearing snow,but i drank 3 32 oz. bottles gator-ade plus water and had a rootbeer with dinner,and after that i had more water when i went to bed,granted i did get up and make a lot of trips but i didn't think it was that much to hurt me,i have no recollection of any of it,not until like i said i woke up on wedsnday,and i asked a nurse where am i and how did i get here? and being a lousy bit%&y nurse she told me nothing,the conditions in this hospital were deplorible no professionalism at all,my medications were sometimes 2 hrs late,i order breakfast at 7 a.m. if i was lucky i'd get it by 930-10:00 a.m. lunch was served at 3 and ordered at noon,dinner again was late all the time and all of it was barely edible,i wouldn't feed it to my dog,they are going to send me a questionare in the mail about my stay,i'm going to rip into them so bad there gonna regret we met,going to copy it and send it to the town paper explaining my experience and have them print my questionare in the paper i hope,from janitors to doctors,there was no professionalism what's so ever,it was like going to a hospital that uses old outdated equipment,,,cont
Jethro,

I cannot tell you how sorry I am for what you went through....

Believe me, you have every right to complain....I have done the same....went all the way up to the head of the hospital....

And, the next time I had to go there, I got the royal treatment....don't give up on your complaining......

Remember one thing, when you drink SODAS, they will help you become dehydrated.....try to stay with water or gatorade, something of that nature.....

I sure hope and pray that you are feeling better....

Hope your g/f sees that this could be a medical condition and reconsider coming back to you.....

Keep your chin up and you will be in my prayers....

Blessings!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424116 Feb 22, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope he/she may change his/her mind. It was a teaching which is revealed gradually in the gospels, the new testament, and the teachings of the early church.
The doctrine of the Trinity is encapsulated in Matthew 28:19, where Jesus instructs the apostles: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."
YEP!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#424117 Feb 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I showed you Chuck.....just unwilling to accept it....
Refresh my memory..what was his/her name?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424118 Feb 22, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
There is more than one truth here, "truth" and "Truth" :D
YEP!!!

I am big "T".....lol...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424119 Feb 22, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>the dumb OX says he belongs to the SBC, but noone knows if he is lying or not.
he does argue with the Baptists on hree and he did lie when he says that he doesnt play [word games] and we know that he did when he spoke about one word(protestantism) not being on military dog tags.
he doesnt believe the words written by John so he isnt going to beleive anyone else on here either.
he is a religion unto himself.
Good morning, Preston,

Hope you are feeling better everyday.....

It is good the hear from you.....

I haven't been on much lately....been busy with all my children....as you know me, I call all of them my children.....lol....

Yea, I have tried to speak with Ox but I believe Satan has blinded him.....

Yea, we have to love those military dog tags....lol....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Aura Mytha 739,609
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Eagle 12 227,607
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Dr_Zorderz 259,595
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min lisw 173,712
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 31 min girls united states 168
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 41 min Rachael13 1,856
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 45 min Remnant of 144000 38,709
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 601,120

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••