Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 578,539
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#424068 Feb 21, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
As it says, Jesus is the high priest who deals with sin. When we pray to the Father we do so in the name of Jesus.
Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
2 Chronicles 7:14, NKJV. "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
John 14:13 And whatever you shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14:14 If you shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
This why only those with the "faith of Jesus" are spiritual Israel, God's church or bride. We have known God personally.
I hope Ox is doing a Price Ceck On the Eggs in China....lol
marge

Ames, IA

#424069 Feb 21, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Marge if you don'tthink Christ has the Power to forgive sin yeaterday, today and forever your as looney as OX
Yes of course I do, both of you still haven't proven to me by your words you are brothers, it would be nice to get to that point.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#424070 Feb 21, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
As it says, Jesus is the high priest who deals with sin. When we pray to the Father we do so in the name of Jesus.
Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
2 Chronicles 7:14, NKJV. "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
John 14:13 And whatever you shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14:14 If you shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
This why only those with the "faith of Jesus" are spiritual Israel, God's church or bride. We have known God personally.
Christ is our mediator....a mediator is a negotiator who acts as a link between parties....He does not forgive sins...God does....
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#424071 Feb 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are denying the direct teaching of Christ....pay attention to the words in the upper case..
OUR FATHER which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
There is no Scripture that contradicts His direct and exact words...none...zilch....
You owe marge a apology....
You left out the other scriptures I posted with it now didn't you I owe no one an apology.
Gods will on Heaven and Earth which was fulfilled by his son Jesus Christ.

I choose to recieve my inheritance that God/Christ Promised how about you.

United States

#424072 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>I hope Ox is doing a Price Ceck On the Eggs in China....lol
lol

I thought they all grew their own eggs ..:P

Location hidden

#424073 Feb 21, 2013
2Chron.7:14 (KJV)
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Thanks for confirming my words:

And the LORD (Y@hovah,(the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God:--Jehovah, the Lord) appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice.
If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

This ain't Christ!!!! It be God Hisself!!!!

Location hidden

#424074 Feb 21, 2013
071 061
<quoted text>You left out the other scriptures I posted with it now didn't you I owe no one an apology.
Gods will on Heaven and Earth which was fulfilled by his son Jesus Christ.
I choose to recieve my inheritance that God/Christ Promised how about you.
I did...because nothing else need be said...

You are denying the direct teaching of Christ....pay attention to the words in the upper case..

OUR FATHER which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

There is no Scripture that contradicts His direct and exact words...none...zilch....

Location hidden

#424075 Feb 21, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
I thought they all grew their own eggs ..:P
Of course they grow there own eggs!!! They buy egg seeds and plant them...they grow yearround!!!!
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#424076 Feb 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ is our mediator....a mediator is a negotiator who acts as a link between parties....He does not forgive sins...God does....
So you do not believe Jesus is God ?

Acts 7

37This is that Moses, who said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall you hear.

38This is he, that was in the congregation in the wilderness with the angel who spoke to him in the mount Sinai, and with our fathers: who received the living oracles to give unto us:
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#424077 Feb 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And the LORD (Y@hovah,(the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God:--Jehovah, the Lord) appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice.
If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Acts 7

37This is that Moses, who said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall you hear.

38This is he, that was in the congregation in the wilderness with the angel who spoke to him in the mount Sinai, and with our fathers: who received the living oracles to give unto us:
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#424078 Feb 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
071 061
<quoted text>
I did...because nothing else need be said...

Acts 7

United States

#424079 Feb 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they grow there own eggs!!! They buy egg seeds and plant them...they grow yearround!!!!
lol!
truth

Australia

#424080 Feb 21, 2013
How many Gods you have?
How many Lords you have?
How many Masters you have?
How many Teachers you have?
How many demons you have?
How many Spirit you have?
How many..o how many ..o how many will come in my name?
truth

Australia

#424081 Feb 21, 2013
How many programs you made which others don't wanted but you place by yourself or similar to you?

Location hidden

#424082 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>So you do not believe Jesus is God ?
Acts 7
Christ is not God...so says Scripture...Quote: Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

So says the Catholic Encyclopedia: Christ, Jesus - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race...
marge

Ames, IA

#424083 Feb 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lord our God is One Lord. What is His name?
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#424084 Feb 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ is not God...so says Scripture...Quote: Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
So says the Catholic Encyclopedia: Christ, Jesus - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race...
John 1

King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Revelation 1:8

King James Version (KJV)

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Man does not know the beginning to the end of Gods/Christ ways.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#424085 Feb 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
John 14:11

Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

John 10:38 But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."
----------
John 14:10 Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
----------
John 14:20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

Location hidden

#424086 Feb 22, 2013
083 064
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lord our God is One Lord. What is His name?
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord (kuriov kurios, supreme in authority, i.e.(as noun) controller; by implication, Master (as a respectful title):-- God, Lord, master, Sir)

Take your pick....

Location hidden

#424087 Feb 22, 2013
084 076
<quoted text>
John 1
King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Revelation 1:8
King James Version (KJV)
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Man does not know the beginning to the end of Gods/Christ ways.
You are hell bent on proving the Word of God as being fallible...say on...

And...If as you say Christ is God...why did He say He had no idea when He would return...that only His Father had that info!!!!????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sex (May '13) 14 min aby jogja istimewa 111
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 16 min raju 10
Poll have you been completely naked when your home a... 22 min girls united states 19
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 33 min girls united states 92
Poll have you ever been completely naked in public o... 41 min girls united states 10
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 46 min dollarsbill 1,931
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 54 min bacon hater 816,921
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr bacon hater 97,948
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 39,937
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 609,713
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr TechieXP 269,968
More from around the web