Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599524 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#423819 Feb 20, 2013

• The Image of the Beast

Some seek to identify the papacy as the beast of Revelation. However, Daniel 7:24 clearly tells us "the fourth beast is the fourth kingdom". Then what was the papacy's Roman empire? The holy roman empire.

Rev 13

sea beast = holy roman empire

Then what is the 'image' of the holy roman empire?

Rev 13

Following the sea beast rose the beast from the earth.

sea beast = old world order

earth beast = new world order

Rev 17

Understand Rev 11, 13 & 17 all go together for this period of history. The earth beast is then found in chapter 17 as the '8th head'.

sea beast = 7th head

earth beast = 8th head

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#423820 Feb 20, 2013
socci wrote:
• The Image of the Beast
Some seek to identify the papacy as the beast of Revelation. However, Daniel 7:24 clearly tells us "the fourth beast is the fourth kingdom". Then what was the papacy's Roman empire? The holy roman empire.
Rev 13
sea beast = holy roman empire
Then what is the 'image' of the holy roman empire?
Rev 13
Following the sea beast rose the beast from the earth.
sea beast = old world order
earth beast = new world order
Rev 17
Understand Rev 11, 13 & 17 all go together for this period of history. The earth beast is then found in chapter 17 as the '8th head'.
sea beast = 7th head
earth beast = 8th head
Oh I see, you've figured out Revelation. Nicely done.

I'll also imagine that you have confirmed these with biblical scholars and others, so you can be justified in your explanation.

Please provide citations.

Thanks!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#423821 Feb 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for your notes:
- I do not place myself above "God" or any deity - known or unknown.
- you DO NOT believe in ALL of what Jesus taught, otherwise, it would be included in the Bible .
Your comments are just a "typical bible only distortion of the TRUTH"which have absolutely no basis of biblical OR historical truth to back up these "so-called truths"--which in fact, are nothing more than anti-catholic heresy and false teaching. Where do you "fundies" come up with this "ridiculous idea" that every word, every phrase, every sentence MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true. Show us these exact words!! If you want to refer to lying or not telling the truth, start with this and yourself!!!--- Where in the bible (specifically) does it say everything that Jesus taught or said (is in fact) in the bible!! NOWHERE!!! That is because (the oral teachings) of Jesus which by Church tradition, were the traditions--that Paul speaks of in 2 Thess 2:15(the unwritten word) handed down by Jesus(to the Apostles)--- in the Church----which came first).---The (written word) the bible --came over 350 years after the 1st Church in Antioch---Acts 2!! You, New Age, continue to "blow the same old (bible only) smoke" that twists, meanders, turns and eventually (evaporates) into thin air!--
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#423822 Feb 20, 2013
http://www.facebook.com/ #!/photo.php?fbid=334677926653 697&set=a.313649525423204. 75380.313517528769737&type =1&theater

POPE ADMITS 'ACTUALLY IAM THE ANTICHRIST'

At a press conference in Rome this morning, Pope Benedict XVI has officially confessed that persistent rumours that he and most of his predecessors are Antichrist are in fact true.

This shock revelation vindicates centuries of campaigning by evangelical groups in the US and Northern Ireland.

It has emerged that for at least five hundred years successive popes have all been working behind the veil of holiness to further the purposes of Satan on Earth.

When this began is uncertain, though historians agree that it must have been before the time of Alexander II Borgia, whose pathological feasting, gambling and whoring are now seen as classic examples of displacement activity by a man who could not come to terms with his dual role.

Protestants from Cromwell to Ian Paisley have consistently asserted that the Bishop of Rome was the human personification of Satan, but now the present incumbent has finally put his hands up and declared ‘Yup, fair cop, you’ve got me banged to rights.’

Benedict apologised ‘whole-heartedly’ to Catholics across the world for having pretended to be the Vicar of Christ when in fact he consorted nightly with the hell-born spawn of Beelzebub.

However, he insisted he had not known the truth until shortly after his election as Pope in April 2005.

‘I was stunned when the Keeper of the Keys told me this in a private briefing – it certainly isn’t what I came into the priesthood to do.

I thought I was one of the good guys’ said the German-born pontiff and former Hitler Youth member.‘But there’s no way to resign from the post and, well, I assumed if it was OK for the great John Paul II, it must be OK for a humble tiller in the fields of the Lord like me.’

In his early days, Benedict said, he was amused to see even non-Catholic MEPs rise up in anger when the Reverend Ian Paisley denounced him as Antichrist in Strasbourg.

‘I stood there thinking, if only you knew,’ he said.‘But really I was a complete fraud and I’m glad that it’s all out in the open at last.

Life-long celibacy is bad enough, but kissing the anuses of demons every night.......

Of course this will be denied by the RCC followers.
But the Bible is very clear on the papacy in Revelation 13 and in Daniel.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#423823 Feb 20, 2013
Fundie-mental-ists:

Must roll around on the floor, muttering magic words in order to be saved a/k/a altar call.
----------

Worship the bible.
----------

Believe the bible is the one mediator between God and man.
----------

Are justified by faith in their ability to privately interpret scripture -- alone.
----------

God has entrusted His revelation to every individual.
----------

The individual can interpret that revelation any way he pleases, it's all good.
----------

The bible first, Jesus second.
----------

If Jesus wasn't mentioned in the bible and they were told about Him orally, the way the first Christians were, they would reject Him.
----------

The bible is the sole rule of their faith and the head of each of their 40,000 plus ecclesial communities.
----------

Contrary to the commandments found in said bible, lying is perfectly acceptable, even encouraged, especially when it's about the church founded by Christ - The Catholic Church.
----------

Fundie-mental-ists are generally inbred to the hilt. Is it any wonder they’ve rendered Christianity totally unrecognizable during the few short years since they’ve existed?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#423824 Feb 20, 2013
http://www.facebook.com/ #!/photo.php?fbid=334895239965 299&set=a.313649525423204. 75380.313517528769737&type =1&theater

CATHOLIC CHURCH AND ITS EMBODIMENT OF PAGAN IDOL WORSHIP: BABYLON

1) The Pope's attire is modelled after the attire of babylonian priests of the god dagon ((dag - fish, on - sun.)

“The two-horned mitre, which the Pope wears, when he sits on the high altar at Rome and receives the adoration of the Cardinals, is the very mitre worn by the priests of Dagon, the fish-god of the Philistines and Babylonians.”
...- The Two Babylons ; Alexander Hislop; p. 215

In their veneration and worship of Dagon, the high priest of paganism would actually put on a garment that had been created from a huge fish!

The head of the fish formed a mitre above that of the old man, while its scaly, fan-like tail fell as a cloak behind, leaving the human limbs and feet exposed.”
- Babylon and Nineveh, Austen Henry Layard, p. 343

2) Nations subdued by Babylon had to kiss the ring and slipper of the Babylonian god-king. The same powers and the same titles are claimed to this day by the Dalai Lama of Buddhism, and the Pope of the catholic church.

3) Adopting december 25th as date of Christ's birthday.
Nimrod, who was born on December 25th, the High Sabbath of Babylon, was the founder of Babylon and the city of Nineveh. In the history of mankind, Nimrod stands unequalled for his symbolism of evil and Satanic practices. He is credited for having founded Freemasonry and for building the legendary Tower of Babel, in defiance of God's will. The story of Nimrod is found in the book of Genesis 10: vs 8-9).

4) Solar disc and cross of Horus.
A priest of horus would wear the cross with all points of the same length.(See picture)

5) In ancient times the representatives of Horus would be carried. As you can see to the left, they had fans which were made out of pecock feathers (hay that looks like a news station logo) the fan is made to look like an eye. This eye is the all seeing eye of Horus/Osiris. To the right, the Papacy has the same ritual....

IHS = Isis Horus Seb PAGAN GODS
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#423826 Feb 20, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
dO YOU READ THEE BIBLE HOJO, DO YOU MAKE TIME EVERY DAY TO SPEND TIME ALONE WITH GOD, AND READ FROM HIS HOLY WORD.
I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT PRAYING TO MARY AND SAINT, TO INTERCEDE FOR YOU . JUST YOU AND GOD ALONE , YOU TALKING TO HIM ONE ON ONE.
Give your glory and Praise to God HOJO, the truth you seek is in HIm not the cahtolic church, they are totally blinded by self image, greed and power. Wanting all the glory that belongs to God
Yes!!! In fact every day (without fail) at Daily Mass, with the daily 3 readings) Old Testament, The Epistles and the Gospel of Christ.... In addition, prayer and bible reading from 1-2am Mon-Wed-Fri and 4-5 am Tues-Thurs (ALONE) every day and every week in the Adoration Prayer Chapel---in communion with God Our Father and His Son Jesus...... You see, LTM, as you yourself so "blindly" fails to see----(which as no surprise to me or any Catholic who knows the TRUTH), is that Jesus Christ IS, HAS been and will ALWAYS be the center, the source and the acknowledged presence in the Catholic Church as the origin, the beginning and the end, as well as the purpose and the summit of mine (and every Catholics) Salvation...... Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, has, is and will (continue to be) as Paul speaks of in I Tim 3:15 as the Church (not the bible alone) is the pillar,pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. Our Lords One True Catholic Church is manifested in Jesus HIMSELF.
To further enlighten you, my wife has spent every day for the past 16 years in the Adoration Prayer Chapel (growing and being nurtured in her faith in Christ---from 2-4 am --7 days a week (in prayer-fasting-and bible reading. Of course--(none of this) will mean "anything to you LTM) because we are in the FULLNESS OF THE FAITH in Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church-(the bride of Christ!-You see, LTM--the fact is that (like most bible only believers)------- "YOU DON'T SEE!"
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423827 Feb 20, 2013
ironman77 wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you and clay have it all figured out so why argue. Maybe your right and obviously you believe you are! IT'S not that Christians believe they are guarenteed anything its we have faith in our God and believe in his promises! We also fall short daily but we chose to dust ourselves off, ask for forgiveness, and move forward trying to do better! We are not as perfect as you apparently or your church! But thats ok I'll take them over your type of beliefs any day!
Just in case you do not know I am not Catholic either but that's ok don't let me stop ya........lol

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#423828 Feb 20, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pho to.php?fbid=334895239965299 &set=a.313649525423204.753 80.313517528769737&type=1 &theater
CATHOLIC CHURCH AND ITS EMBODIMENT OF PAGAN IDOL WORSHIP: BABYLON
1) The Pope's attire is modelled after the attire of babylonian priests of the god dagon ((dag - fish, on - sun.)
“The two-horned mitre, which the Pope wears, when he sits on the high altar at Rome and receives the adoration of the Cardinals, is the very mitre worn by the priests of Dagon, the fish-god of the Philistines and Babylonians.”
...- The Two Babylons ; Alexander Hislop; p. 215
In their veneration and worship of Dagon, the high priest of paganism would actually put on a garment that had been created from a huge fish!
The head of the fish formed a mitre above that of the old man, while its scaly, fan-like tail fell as a cloak behind, leaving the human limbs and feet exposed.”
- Babylon and Nineveh, Austen Henry Layard, p. 343
2) Nations subdued by Babylon had to kiss the ring and slipper of the Babylonian god-king. The same powers and the same titles are claimed to this day by the Dalai Lama of Buddhism, and the Pope of the catholic church.
3) Adopting december 25th as date of Christ's birthday.
Nimrod, who was born on December 25th, the High Sabbath of Babylon, was the founder of Babylon and the city of Nineveh. In the history of mankind, Nimrod stands unequalled for his symbolism of evil and Satanic practices. He is credited for having founded Freemasonry and for building the legendary Tower of Babel, in defiance of God's will. The story of Nimrod is found in the book of Genesis 10: vs 8-9).
4) Solar disc and cross of Horus.
A priest of horus would wear the cross with all points of the same length.(See picture)
5) In ancient times the representatives of Horus would be carried. As you can see to the left, they had fans which were made out of pecock feathers (hay that looks like a news station logo) the fan is made to look like an eye. This eye is the all seeing eye of Horus/Osiris. To the right, the Papacy has the same ritual....
IHS = Isis Horus Seb PAGAN GODS
It figures....

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#423829 Feb 20, 2013
Fundie-mental-ists not only wear the mark of the beast, they ARE the mark of the beast!
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#423830 Feb 20, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You refuse to believe that the Holy Spirit could precisely preserve God's Will for Christian's lives without the church of Catholic's approval. All while paying to maintain your memorials to men that are headstones of human history. Your mantras, rituals, ceremonies, catechisms, creeds, manuals and disciplines, none of which are biblical are simply shrines to Apostacy. What is not understood about the church being the people, the Christians, not the power. Remember the Tower of Babel designed to "make a name for ourselves" (Gen. 11:1-9)? Yet, Catholics invest their money in ungodly distractions and worldly profane idolatrous displays such as opulent, ornate cathedrals, basilicas, and shrines. Religious relics that serve as monuments and memorials to men.(Acts 17:24-25, 29) The church is not for men's glory. Your Bishops THRONE on a raised platform highlights the absurdity of the perverse display put on of one that was intended biblically to be a servant of the flock. Forcing a sprinkling or pouring baptism on innocent infants, worshipping Jesus' mother, inventing new positions of influence never biblically hinted to within the framework of the church Jesus died for, having nuns, and the expectation of them and priests both to abstain from their natural tendencies to raise their own families and from enjoying their created body to its fullest as if such would be sinful.
Honestly, I cannot think of any group claiming Bible-based Christianity that has its anchor set further from sound biblically-based theology than the church of Catholics. From what I can tell it has replaced Christ's church's true intention for the worship of itself by its members as it 'acts' the part of the Holy Spirit. The false-teaching my Bible warns me about (2 Cor. 11:13-15, Deut. 4:2, 2 John 1:9, 1 Cor. 4:6, Gal1:8, Col. 2:20-23).
Quite frankly, "I could care less" as to what you chose to believe. The distorted comments that you have made--are just more!-Bogus Protestant heresy and bible only BS "baloney"!! Believe what you want Saban!! You can go "argue, discuss and debate" with your other 42,000+ inconsistent, contradicting and conflicting other bible only (self-opinionate, self interpreters of the bible) who "have never, nor "will ever" agree on ANYTHING accept attacking Our Catholic faith--and condemning and judging Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church. You, as well as other "bible only buffoons" continue to "make-things-up" as you go along,(flipping bible verses -one after the other--making them mean--ONLY what you want them to mean--interjecting the word Catholic, wherever and whenever it fits into your anti-catholic hostility, vengeance and hate against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One True Catholic Church......I/We as Catholics along with the other 1 Billion+ Catholics (that continues to grow each and every year) from around the world, will continue to remain with the TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and the TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Apostolic Church History--growing and being nurtured in the faith and Salvation of Jesus Christ!!! YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT!!!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423832 Feb 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite frankly, "I could care less" as to what you chose to believe. The distorted comments that you have made--are just more!-Bogus Protestant heresy and bible only BS "baloney"!! Believe what you want Saban!! You can go "argue, discuss and debate" with your other 42,000+ inconsistent, contradicting and conflicting other bible only (self-opinionate, self interpreters of the bible) who "have never, nor "will ever" agree on ANYTHING accept attacking Our Catholic faith--and condemning and judging Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church. You, as well as other "bible only buffoons" continue to "make-things-up" as you go along,(flipping bible verses -one after the other--making them mean--ONLY what you want them to mean--interjecting the word Catholic, wherever and whenever it fits into your anti-catholic hostility, vengeance and hate against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One True Catholic Church......I/We as Catholics along with the other 1 Billion+ Catholics (that continues to grow each and every year) from around the world, will continue to remain with the TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and the TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Apostolic Church History--growing and being nurtured in the faith and Salvation of Jesus Christ!!! YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT!!!
Of the two of us, which used scripture (trying to find God's opinion on the matter)?

Frankly, I don't care who's the most popular. In fact, it may be in my best interest to be least popular. Matt. 7:14

Folks didn't like Jesus too much either. The most 'religious' refused to accept his teachings back then too. In fact, they got rid of him because he didn't go along with the traditions and wasn't quite the fancy, powerful King they expected. He wouldn't have fit in too well with your shrines and costumes.

Your opinion means nothing to me. But, if you could start proving some of your church of Catholic's perverse actions have scriptural authority I could be convinced.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423833 Feb 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI - I'm noticing accuracy is not very important to Catholics but just for your information the statement you made doesn't make sense. I presume you intended to say "Quite frankly, I COULDN'T care less." That is if you intended to say you don't care.

Words mean things.

Especially when they're God's Word.
Clay

United States

#423834 Feb 20, 2013
ironman77 wrote:
I wouldn't concern yourself with my salvation1 It's not going to even be a factor in your life! I'd worry about your attitude toward others and your abvious edipus complex!
<quoted text>
The issue is: I do not deny your personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I'm not trying to convert you to Catholicism. Frankly, I don't care if you accept us or not.
The real issue is that you've stated the other day that Catholics are your enemy. Christians should all get along EXCEPT Catholics. Did you not state somethin to that effect?
truth

Australia

#423835 Feb 20, 2013
how its look when spirit and people weak up..hi hi hi..pray if your prayers honest maybe powerful without knowing that you could weak up them..oh thousand like thousand graveyards open spirit over spirit..did i see someone..be honest not..but i hear
like when somebody opening smrznute iz mrtvacnice oh kako cujes automatski velikom brzinom.
https://www.google.com.au/search...
Clay

United States

#423836 Feb 20, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, you keep contradicting yourself.
Start here and work backwards -- they wouldn't be Protestants if they were talking about the RCC as any kind of "only true" church in the eyes of Jesus. They are simply acknowledging an historical reality.
As for your mythical Methodist friends, how do they deny the papacy itself, yet somehow as you claim accept "the lineage from Pope Benedict to Saint Peter?"
Take your meds.
I never contradict myself. I'll hold true to in the same pattern as always Free. You know that.
Its not my fault you scratch and claw for anything negative. You're an Ideologue thru and thru.

Correct. Real Protestants will only acknowledge the historical reality of the Roman Catholic Church being the same group of people there from the beginning. Their argument is they became corrupted. Evangelicals and SDA people claimed it happened around Constantine. Real Protestants claimed it happened around the 14th century. Hence, the reformation and Protestantism.

Both scenarios lack trust in Christ's Church. Both scenarios were fueled by rumors and conspiracy thinking.
Look at the disaster they've created.

Btw, I witnessed first hand the Methodist celebration.
truth

Australia

#423837 Feb 20, 2013
If you fill that power..so fast..you can think as ordinary person its not possible never..scare..no..be honest with you not..why i am not scare i don't know?

I will be very happy if i could teach more or study..or make advance my power.
Are you for sure nothing exist?
truth

Australia

#423838 Feb 20, 2013
opening shelf by shelf..where they are i don't know
who they are i don't know..extreme fast..first few mounts in this house..whats previous people do here i don't know..maybe not..maybe nothing wrong with them..maybe with me and my prayers..or my prayers is so powerful..must be ex-trimly powerful without my knowing..i don't pray nothing special or extra then others no very ordinary small simple prayers..yes but i can't hear them..i nothing say..please tell me why i have to who ever need Mercy my God.

now why i am wrong hear that..no..i don't died..i am still alive..i can say necu many time..but still is some..o does meter i been angry or unhappy or happy..its some no going from me or losing that power.
they think i can't hear them..yes i can.
truth

Australia

#423839 Feb 20, 2013
I can hear..simple so fast ex-trimly fast..i can't believe they can weak up just like that..who they are who need help for that..no..i don't see..if i see its so tiny..how i can express myself..no as body..on deference way..why they weak up..must be very powerful prayers..god can hear prayers.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#423840 Feb 20, 2013
Hojo, thanks for responding.

In the least, you are adding additional thoughts to your posts. Good for you! The absence of some statements, compared to your old standard repetitive rant, actually gives a glimmer that there may be something intelligent in your mind afterall.

I'm rooting for ya, whether you think so or not!
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments are just a "typical bible only distortion of the TRUTH"which have absolutely no basis of biblical OR historical truth to back up these "so-called truths"--which in fact, are nothing more than anti-catholic heresy and false teaching.
False.

I've given plenty of facts to back up everything I've said.

But "Whoa Nelly!!" - hold the horses hojo......

I've yet to see you refute anything I've posted, except with the same ol' bullshite rant, that you always use.

How much more evidence do you need. Let's get right to the nitty-gritty, shall we?

You tell me what evidence I need, I'll go get it.

But that really isn't the issue, huh? You've already got it in that thick skull of yours, that whatever I say is false.

You are an idiot to think this. No, correction - you are more like a "Fool". A "blinded fool" who doesn't have a clue what the RCC is.

And yet will rant all day and night that you are part of something "special".

What a washout.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you "fundies" come up with this "ridiculous idea" that every word, every phrase, every sentence MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true.
Third strike - you are out.

I am not a so-called "fundie". There are plenty of others on this forum that fits this criteria. You'll need to research what a "fundamentalist" is, before you think you do, even after the 35 yrs you supposedly played in. You know that so-called "fundie-land".

What a washout.

Pride will get you nowhere.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>Show us these exact words!! If you want to refer to lying or not telling the truth, start with this and yourself!!!
I have.

I'm sorry you only see anger and hatred of others, to see the love and enlightenment Jesus portrays in his teachings.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>--- Where in the bible (specifically) does it say everything that Jesus taught or said (is in fact) in the bible!! NOWHERE!!!
Who's Bible?

Using the Bible as your sole source is the introductory level most will achieve. But the gate is narrow, and only the "Chosen" will pass. So far, you haven't shown anyone, you've been chosen to pass through. Salvation is earned, and "anger" doesn't "score" you any points.

<continued to hojo>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min It aint necessari... 864,212
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 min andet1987 6,293
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 min Junket 221,987
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 33 min The swamiji 7,490
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Mr Wiggley 1,961
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr janeebee 6,422
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 1 hr Burke Devlin 151
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Great Day of Arma... 612,898
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Pegasus 272,404
More from around the web