Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
408,401 - 408,420 of 532,451 Comments Last updated 37 min ago
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly my point! The devil quoted scripture just like you "fundies" quote it and Jesus rebuke him because the devils quote was a (mis-interpretation) of the TRUE meaning "OF SCRIPTURE" that God had NOT originally intended!!...... Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church who originally "interpreted the TRUTH" of the bible by the Early Church Fathers in 397 AD--(KNEW ALL TO WELL) that Satan was trying to use the TRUTH of Scripture "against" Jesus in "tempting him"--just like you "bible only" (buffoons) attempt to (distort the truth)-with one or all of your 42,000 (contradicting mis-interpretations) in an attempt to use the TRUTH of the bible and the TRUTH of TRUE Church History against Jesus Christ and HIS ONE (and only TRUE UNIVERSAL CATHOLIC CHURCH.
Are you completely gone over to the other side. Who is the author of the Holy Scriptures "GOD HIMSELF" So Jesus would have known what the Holy Scriptures said without the early church fathers. I agree however that they knew what the devil was trying to do because they were used by him to set up the anti-church. against The True Church Of Christ.
You have no idea what the Holy Scriptures say HOJO, that is why you left the other denomination, your laziness to seek the truth, is what landed you with the catholic denomination.
Well you have no excuse HoJo, your percious catholic pagan religion is without excuse also they knew the truth from the beginning and denied it just as you are.
what do you think, " work out your own salvation with fear and trembing means HOJO."

Your walk with Christ is a personnal walk between you and Him.
You will not beable to blame another for your lack of knowledge but yourself .
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I provide citation.
Dan provides none.
Dan, when you make up your own facts, of course you have no citation to support your claim.
All that Dan has is personal attack.
Is this the only way you have to validate your faith? Blind denial and personal attacks?
Seems so.
I cited any apologies I could find. I found the JPII apologies and cited a news article on it.

Stop lying and simply cite the Vatican II apology to protestants that you can't seem to link me to, despite your claims that it's "easily located".

Just "easily locate" it and cite it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
How is faith developed (Rom. 10:17)?
Do they have genuine faith (2 Tim. 1:5) or is it just an extension of mine?
As a child is taught and as he matures he reaches a point when he is wise for salvation or an age of accountability or a level of readiness and they understand enough about right and wrong to be held accountable by God for the choices they make.
See Rom. 9:11 - No mental concept of good or evil.
See Deut. 1:35-39 - "who today have no knowledge of good and evil"
Isa. 7:16, Ezek. 18:20
I can't help but wonder how many people have had a false sense of security and avoided baptism simply because their parents' faith taught to have them, as a completely innocent child, sprinkled.
That's the longest "yes" I've ever read.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Justice wrote:
Its shocking really how these "Christians" hate the church Jesus founded.
According to these fundies, Jesus starts a church. All goes well for 300 years apart from the odd Christian being thrown to the lions.
Then the RCC corrupts Christianity and priests take over.
Then wait until hmm lets say the ~1970s when born again Christianity was invented in the US.
Yes, of course NOW makes perfect sense :D lol
That is funny , Jesus was the first one who said you must be born again.

your right the priest and Pope corrupted the gospel of Jesus Christ and built a church on the tradition and of Men.
No on the gospel that Jesus Christ Preach.
"AND CHANGED THE UNCORRUPTABLE THINGS OF GOD". TO THE CORRUPTABLE THINGS OF MAN.

John 3

King James Version (KJV)

3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes---and they (still are) and (always have been)---- READ/TAUGHT "each day" at Daily Mass in Jesus Christs One True Church--every day---with is every Lords Day!!
dO YOU READ THEE BIBLE HOJO, DO YOU MAKE TIME EVERY DAY TO SPEND TIME ALONE WITH GOD, AND READ FROM HIS HOLY WORD.
I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT PRAYING TO MARY AND SAINT, TO INTERCEDE FOR YOU . JUST YOU AND GOD ALONE , YOU TALKING TO HIM ONE ON ONE.
Give your glory and Praise to God HOJO, the truth you seek is in HIm not the cahtolic church, they are totally blinded by self image, greed and power. Wanting all the glory that belongs to God alone.

God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength
For each new day
He will make a way
He will make a way

By a roadway in the wilderness
He'll lead me
And rivers in the desert will I see
Heaven and earth will fade
But His Word will still remain
He will do something new today
Saban fan

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the longest "yes" I've ever read.
Here we go again. What's the context? What did I just say "yes" to, Dan?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd, in post # 423755 immediately above, you say you are an Anglican.
How many Anglicans defend the RCC as the church Jesus started.
Absurd.
Actually, most Protestants defend the historic fact that the Catholic Church was the one started by Jesus Christ. Luther and all the reformers didn't deny the obvious. At the Methodist Sunday celebrations they even recite the Apostles Creed and do not leave out "We believe in the Holy Catholic Church" .
Angelicans and Lutheran etc, see themselves as reformed Catholics - still a part of the Church Christ started.
Now, evangelicals are a different story. They deny all historic fact. As you know, their radicalism is only a 100 yrs old. But really, in the last 50 yrs with the tent revivals did the born again phenomena really sky rocket.

You ever hear the the Neil Diamond song "Brother Loves Traveling Salvation Show"?

They used to have tents now they got mega churches.... Offering hands free guaranteed tickets to Heaven. OSAS.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the HM is a private devotion i.e. optional. Also doesnt the prayers of the saints figure in John's vision of heaven Revelation?
There are several chapters and verses in Rel....can you be more specific?? And which Bible version are you using??
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ said it was His Body and Blood and repeated that teaching several times. It's explicit, and you reject it. Curiously, you withhold instrumental music at your services based on what isn't mentioned in scripture by Christ, yet take great pains to reject that which IS explicitly taught by Him. Very confusing.
I am sorry that you reject His clear teaching here and deny yourselves His gift.
lol, I am not a campbellite like saban and hank. even saban by nw knows that my docrine is that of the Holiness Beliefs9(second definitve Work of Grace). maybe you read where I said that my wife sings by herself without any music. she likes to wait on the Lord and if he gives her the Blessing to sing , she sings, and by that I mean she stands up in the pew testifys alittle bit about how Good God is to her and then she Blesses Him by singing her Praise to her.which is something that you people never do, I guess.

as far as the Last Supper, I disregard any lies taught by your church, concerning the actual Words of Jesus. ANY IDIOT KNOWS THAT HE WAS SPEAKING SPIRITUALLY, WHICH IS WHY YOU ARE A CATHOLIC AND I, ON THE OTHER HAND AM SAVED.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

David McIntyre wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Friend
Those Scriptures certainly support asking ther prayers of the dead, furthermore the Early Church had the belief and still do, and so do Jews to this day.
Do believe in the Trinity? The term it not mentioned in Scripture, but we hold the belief. Many important beliefs are Scriptural, yet the precise term does not appear in Scriptue. Are you an intelligent man?
You need to get on board with the Early Church and off the Protestant founders band wagon.See where you self-righteous private interpetation leads you.
Long live the Pope, the Successor of St Peter The Rock Man
You cannot refute the truth in my words....quote: you provided no Scripture that says "Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen".

No matter how long you lie to yourself, it will not change that fact...

As well as this fact: Christ taught that we are to pray to the God the Father, in His name...there is no Scripture that teaches otherwise...

And this fact: There is no Scripture that supports praying to dead men the pope declared "Saint"....

If you want to discuss the Holy Trinity...start a new thread..

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Trees have been known to have rotted branches!!!!
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Thats for sure! Guess what happens to rotten branches? They fall off just as the catholic church has shown itself to be, seperated from christ, his people, and his holy word! I have hyad a spiritual awakening do you even know what that is? I highly doubt it based on your comments! Anyone can quote scripture but few will have a personnal relationship with God threw his son Jesus Chrrist my lord and savior!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

718 696
David McIntyre wrote:
<quoted text>
The meaning is the same. You are really saying alot her about the level on which you think.
There is no denying the truth!!!!

Lu 1:41-42 does not say: "Blessed art thou among women". There is no verse in the Bible that says that..

Luke 1:41-42 says: "When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the holy Spirit, cried out in a loud voice and said, "Most blessed are you among women..."

You don't even have the words right!!!! You say ""Blessed art thou among women". The words that are part of Luke 1:41-42 say: "Most blessed are you among women..."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

719 708 696
David McIntyre wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Friend
Those Scriptures certainly support asking ther prayers of the dead, furthermore the Early Church had the belief and still do, and so do Jews to this day.
Do believe in the Trinity? The term it not mentioned in Scripture, but we hold the belief. Many important beliefs are Scriptural, yet the precise term does not appear in Scriptue. Are you an intelligent man?
You need to get on board with the Early Church and off the Protestant founders band wagon.See where you self-righteous private interpetation leads you.
The truth is undeniable....

You provided no Scripture that says "Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen".

No matter how long you lie to yourself, it will not change that fact...

As well as this fact: Christ taught that we are to pray to the God the Father, in His name...there is no Scripture that teaches otherwise...

And this fact: There is no Scripture that supports praying to dead men the pope declared "Saint"...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

724 696
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox, just shut it. You're ridiculous.
Your word play with Holy Scriptures is inexcusable.
You people will stop at nothing to denounce Catholicism. And if that means insulting the Mother of Our Lord then so be it. Right?
No word play....the truth from Scripture...which you are denying!!!!

Lu 1:41-42 does not say: "Blessed art thou among women". There is no verse in the Bible that says that..

Luke 1:41-42 says: "When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the holy Spirit, cried out in a loud voice and said, "Most blessed are you among women..."

Catholic don't even have the words right!!!! They say ""Blessed art thou among women". The words that are part of Luke 1:41-42 say: "Most blessed are you among women..."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Trees have been known to have rotted branches!!!!
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
I expected nothing less from you! I will pray for you it's obvious your mind has been corrupted by that which you proclaim to be the true church! I'm sorry you feel such hate and anger toward others just because they don't share your distorted opinion! That should be the first sign that there is something seriously wrong with the views the pope pushes onto others! I have no problem with other denominations of Christs church unlike you! I know you think you have the right belief but you might want to attend another church besides the catholic church before you jump to such crazy conclusions! You've never met me nor do you know anything about me but yet you call me a devil? How messed up do you have to be to throw scripture at someone like that when they're telling you they believe Christ died for thier sin! I serve the same God, I just dont pray to Mary, Statues, or ask a priest to forgive me! If you think your salvation is dependent on a man that hides from you in a box while you confess your sin you're mistaken! God does say to confess your sin to another but he never said hail mary's would obsolve you! Where is that scripture?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

ironman77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats for sure! Guess what happens to rotten branches? They fall off just as the catholic church has shown itself to be, seperated from christ, his people, and his holy word! I have hyad a spiritual awakening do you even know what that is? I highly doubt it based on your comments! Anyone can quote scripture but few will have a personnal relationship with God threw his son Jesus Chrrist my lord and savior!
You are implying that I are a Catholic...that is a gross error and most insulting...
Saban fan

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly my point! The devil quoted scripture just like you "fundies" quote it and Jesus rebuke him because the devils quote was a (mis-interpretation) of the TRUE meaning "OF SCRIPTURE" that God had NOT originally intended!!...... Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church who originally "interpreted the TRUTH" of the bible by the Early Church Fathers in 397 AD--(KNEW ALL TO WELL) that Satan was trying to use the TRUTH of Scripture "against" Jesus in "tempting him"--just like you "bible only" (buffoons) attempt to (distort the truth)-with one or all of your 42,000 (contradicting mis-interpretations) in an attempt to use the TRUTH of the bible and the TRUTH of TRUE Church History against Jesus Christ and HIS ONE (and only TRUE UNIVERSAL CATHOLIC CHURCH.
You refuse to believe that the Holy Spirit could precisely preserve God's Will for Christian's lives without the church of Catholic's approval. All while paying to maintain your memorials to men that are headstones of human history. Your mantras, rituals, ceremonies, catechisms, creeds, manuals and disciplines, none of which are biblical are simply shrines to Apostacy. What is not understood about the church being the people, the Christians, not the power. Remember the Tower of Babel designed to "make a name for ourselves" (Gen. 11:1-9)? Yet, Catholics invest their money in ungodly distractions and worldly profane idolatrous displays such as opulent, ornate cathedrals, basilicas, and shrines. Religious relics that serve as monuments and memorials to men.(Acts 17:24-25, 29) The church is not for men's glory. Your Bishops THRONE on a raised platform highlights the absurdity of the perverse display put on of one that was intended biblically to be a servant of the flock. Forcing a sprinkling or pouring baptism on innocent infants, worshipping Jesus' mother, inventing new positions of influence never biblically hinted to within the framework of the church Jesus died for, having nuns, and the expectation of them and priests both to abstain from their natural tendencies to raise their own families and from enjoying their created body to its fullest as if such would be sinful.

Honestly, I cannot think of any group claiming Bible-based Christianity that has its anchor set further from sound biblically-based theology than the church of Catholics. From what I can tell it has replaced Christ's church's true intention for the worship of itself by its members as it 'acts' the part of the Holy Spirit. The false-teaching my Bible warns me about (2 Cor. 11:13-15, Deut. 4:2, 2 John 1:9, 1 Cor. 4:6, Gal1:8, Col. 2:20-23).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

hey don't offer hands free garentees to heaven, Dumb Dumb! Where do you get your facts from? Continue in your self-rightousness and see how far it gets you! Hahahah, Hands free garentee that is so stupid to say! What an ass clown!!!!!
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, most Protestants defend the historic fact that the Catholic Church was the one started by Jesus Christ. Luther and all the reformers didn't deny the obvious. At the Methodist Sunday celebrations they even recite the Apostles Creed and do not leave out "We believe in the Holy Catholic Church" .
Angelicans and Lutheran etc, see themselves as reformed Catholics - still a part of the Church Christ started.
Now, evangelicals are a different story. They deny all historic fact. As you know, their radicalism is only a 100 yrs old. But really, in the last 50 yrs with the tent revivals did the born again phenomena really sky rocket.
You ever hear the the Neil Diamond song "Brother Loves Traveling Salvation Show"?
They used to have tents now they got mega churches.... Offering hands free guaranteed tickets to Heaven. OSAS.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

The Bible tells us of Satan’s future.

God’s says,“I cast you to the ground.… I brought fire from your midst; it devoured you, and I turned you to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all who saw you. All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you; you have become a horror, and shall be no more forever”(Ezekiel 28:17–20).

Satan will not burn forever. He will be forever destroyed by fire until there is nothing left but ashes. And when the redeemed walk upon the earth made new, they will not find a trace of this falling star anywhere (Malachi 4:1–3).

Bible is contrary to RCC teaching that Hell burns forever.
Those condemned to dwell there burn forever!

Bible says all will be reduced to ashes.
Who is right?
The Bible or the Catechism? You chose.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

717 708 696
David McIntyre wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Friend
Long live the Pope, the Successor of St Peter The Rock Man
Excerpt from justforcatholics.org

Finally, the petition "Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen," is stated by the official "Catechism of the Council of Trent" to have been framed by the Church itself."

Proof of what I have been saying....da Hale Mary ain't based on Scripture!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

434 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The fear of dying a virgin 7 min andet1987 5
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 10 min andet1987 4,096
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min RADEKT 256,402
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Patrick 224,033
SIGN of the end-times: the spread of homosexuality 13 min andet1987 26
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min It aint necessarily so 720,275
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 24 min Aura Mytha 5,217
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 25 min Rama Naicker 4,544
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Clearwater 172,271
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 15 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••