Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
408,201 - 408,220 of 533,713 Comments Last updated 11 min ago
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Note the primacy of Peter as leader of the Church in the Acts to the Apostles.
is that when He gave way to the words of James?LOL

or maybe you mean when Paul rebuked him?LOL2
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

For non Catholics, what is the position for salvation outside of the church for your denomination?
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!
I have been waiting a long time for someone to state this.....finally....
come on. how many times have I said that a person has to look at teh spsiritual side of things.
one thing is certain, you have been locked up but now since saban is here, your tue colors have resurfaced, Havent they?

for me, I could care less if your church plays instruments or not, I love old time music acapella, my wife always sings without being accompanied with an instrument. where I differ with your false religion is over your lack of knowledge concerning Baptism.

you and your buddy come on here and say that you receive the Holy Ghost when you are Baptised and yet there is no mention of any person in the NT receiving Him at that time, but your campbellite cult says that it follows the NT and the NT only.

LET GOD BE TRUE AND ALL MEN(CAMPBELL, STONE ETC) LIARS.

Since: Jan 13

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

No, t don't think roman catholic church is the true church, but the true church is Ethiopian orthodox church, come and observed it
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Justice wrote:
For non Catholics, what is the position for salvation outside of the church for your denomination?
you should ask other cult followers that, but for the Born Again Christian, we got Saved by the Blood of the lamb, and that had nothing to do with any church membership.
I got Saved in my moms church, but attended it very liitle in over 30 years, and my mom prayed many years for me to get Saved and when i did, she never said that her church was to be my church and in fact, God led me to another church,the following week, and that bothered my mom not in the Least. she was just glad that I was going somewhere. however we still went to church together many times. and I will not forget when God told me to invite her former Pastor when I got Saved to come and Preach at the church that I was Pastoring as He told me that it would be the last time that we three would be in church together, and it was as she died three weeks later.

a church in and of itself has no Saving Power, God gives us salvation, a Church nurishes us and helps us in our Holiness Walk with Him but not if we attend cults, those cause people to go to hell. and a person can be as nice as can be and very sincere, but they also can be sincerely wrong, and i am using Hank as that kind of a person that is being mislead and is misleading others down that path into hell.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

for me
no music
no dance
no swimm
nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
life to be alive

no you don't know meaning about life
humility
your justice is that
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, not very serious. You reduce it to bread and wine when Christ in John 6 said clearly that we are to partake of His Body and Blood.
Your rejection of Him in this regard renders it a mid-meeting snack, or represents you being "in communion" with ..... bread.
Dan, it is the symbolism that we are to remember, the fellowship that we as Christians are to share with one another.

It can not be literaly His Body and His blood for a few simple reason. first His body was not broken in the first place(you catholics do know that right)and the same with the Blood, it had not be shed yet for the sins of the Whole World, so why make them symbols of something that had not happened yet.

he had supper with His friends, simple as that. and he had more to eat that just bread and wine to drink, yet your catholicas are silent on that matter, why is that?

that was a very special time for all of them, I have no doubt about that. they were about to lose their best friend on this Earth, and that is what we are to remember, He is our best friend, and what he ate and drank that day isnt important. and no church or any other cult such as yours actually eat the type of food that comes from the same storehouse as what they ate that day, so you are getting nothing out of that ritual that you take often, seldom or not at all.

and since we cant partake of food that is grown in that cocuntry, it then remains that something more is being offered up by the Lord for us to do, AND THAT IS TO REMEMBER WHAT HE WAS ABOUT TO GO THRU.

AND THAT MIGHT BE WHY HE SAID FOR US TO PARTAKE [IN REMEMBRANCE OF HIM]
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Humans build future trough dreams.
Whats that mean..its mean god not left us.
Which God?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

you don't remember nothing at all..sleep..you left nowhere..where stay as sub-concessnes..dream..its mean your mind still working.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Dan, it is the symbolism that we are to remember, the fellowship that we as Christians are to share with one another.
It can not be literaly His Body and His blood for a few simple reason. first His body was not broken in the first place(you catholics do know that right)and the same with the Blood, it had not be shed yet for the sins of the Whole World, so why make them symbols of something that had not happened yet.
he had supper with His friends, simple as that. and he had more to eat that just bread and wine to drink, yet your catholicas are silent on that matter, why is that?
that was a very special time for all of them, I have no doubt about that. they were about to lose their best friend on this Earth, and that is what we are to remember, He is our best friend, and what he ate and drank that day isnt important. and no church or any other cult such as yours actually eat the type of food that comes from the same storehouse as what they ate that day, so you are getting nothing out of that ritual that you take often, seldom or not at all.
and since we cant partake of food that is grown in that cocuntry, it then remains that something more is being offered up by the Lord for us to do, AND THAT IS TO REMEMBER WHAT HE WAS ABOUT TO GO THRU.
AND THAT MIGHT BE WHY HE SAID FOR US TO PARTAKE [IN REMEMBRANCE OF HIM]
Good news. The RCC has what it claims as "approved miracles," several samples of Eucharists that supposedly changed into then blood and/or flesh of Jesus.

In the early 1970's, the RCC conducted tests on one such "miracle" Eucharist and found it to be human heart tissue. How amazing!(Who was murdered?)

With such amazing information, the RCC can now conduct 21st century forensic tests -- such as DNA -- to prove to the world that these Eucharists are not complete frauds, but that the DNA from different samples match, along with other miraculous findings that we could only expect from Jesus' DNA.

RCC -- put up or shut up on these supposed "approved" miracles.

No "one true" church would ever need cheap, sleazy tricks to sway the faithful ..... right?
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you should ask other cult followers that, but for the Born Again Christian, we got Saved by the Blood of the lamb, and that had nothing to ...
Thanks for your reply. I am not sure what your view means for atheists, cultural Christians and those ignorant of the faith?
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It does "summarize the aplogy" as it fails to reference to whom the apology is made, for what and by whom.
"Easily find" me the full statement.
The link was bad-some of the info on it was wrong and it it didn't cite a thing-again, two hausfraus holding court. Definitive for you, perhaps, but not for me.
If the link was bad or misleading in any way, Dan could easily support that claim with a link of his own.

That would be called a debate.

Dan is avoiding debate, as he makes claims but provides no evidence whatsoever.

I stand by the summary that the link provided. Dan stands by his attacking the messenger. This is the only way Dan can defend a cherished belief that cannot stand up to historical and real-world facts.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: does NOT summarize the apology.
Stop pouting. Your citations are crap.
Fix it. Get decent citations or go away for a while and learn how to do it and come back.
As I clearly wrote -- The entire RCC statement is easily found.

Fearful Dan is in full avoidance mode. Arguments which penetrate into his magic aura are not dealt with rationally but by pseudo-reasoning.

e.g. "the link wasn't good enough" -- NOT that the statement was in any way wrong. Typical attack on the messenger in order to avoid the message.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
It can not be literaly His Body and His blood for a few simple reason. first His body was not broken in the first place(you catholics do know that right)and the same with the Blood, it had not be shed yet for the sins of the Whole World
Contradicts Jesus own words - Matt. 26:26-28; Mark. 14:22,24; Luke 22;19-20; 1 Cor. 11:24-25 - Jesus says, "this IS my body and blood." Jesus does not say, this is a symbol of my body and blood. Plus of course the whole of John 6.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: does NOT summarize the apology.
Stop pouting. Your citations are crap.
Fix it. Get decent citations or go away for a while and learn how to do it and come back.
I provide citation.

Dan provides none.

Dan, when you make up your own facts, of course you have no citation to support your claim.

All that Dan has is personal attack.

Is this the only way you have to validate your faith? Blind denial and personal attacks?

Seems so.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>... attend cults, those cause people to go to hell...
How can you tell you are not in a cult yourself?

Using this defintion "A relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister."

Who decides what is a cult and what isnt?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

necu=what you see there
necu =no
neposluh or inat
ne pos l uh
pos=mis=your mouse what you set trough your wicket perogram

inat in at

i am 'n''
an en in ion un
at it
er
inat in at er
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
meaning with word
where is two i am there who
who try play
satan
want seperate everything
not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
humility is your justice for me
i am ok
i think after
tko se okolo sece
a razmislit nece
i see i think after
me
i am not scare as well not care
nowyou will say inat
in at er
whattttttttttttttttttttttttt

Jesus is living witness of humility!
Is that your justice?
nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwww
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Justice wrote:
church of Christ (Rom. 16:16b)
Biblically, you cannot separate salvation from being in the church. In Acts 2 3000 were added to the church at baptism. If I move to another city I might be asked "place membership" with a different congregation of believers, but we were all already members of the same church upon our baptisms.
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Contradicts Jesus own words - Matt. 26:26-28; Mark. 14:22,24; Luke 22;19-20; 1 Cor. 11:24-25 - Jesus says, "this IS my body and blood." Jesus does not say, this is a symbol of my body and blood. Plus of course the whole of John 6.
again, Jesus is saying those words to give His followers an advance notice of what is to happen to Him shortly therafter.
why is that so difficult for any catholic to understand?

so lets look at it this Way, I will partake in remembrance of His great sacrifice and you eat what you think is his body.

I will get to heaven while you will go to hell.

plain and simple.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

in power of wicket is liars..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

361 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min passing by 257,043
GMO foods and you! 14 min UIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace 9
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Catcher1 722,337
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 17 min RiccardoFire 36,560
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 21 min The Awakener 1,627
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 24 min RiccardoFire 93,871
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 30 min CunningLinguist 224,696
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 35 min Blue Walker 115,656
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr UIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace 172,579
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Megamegan 87
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••