Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637007 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423792 Feb 20, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Some reading for you ;)
http://www.catholicity.com/catechism/the_cree...
For a "protestant," you sure support the Roman Catholic church's theology.

As to your link, wonderful. Now read my post again.

That is a later version of the Nicene Creed, not the first, or even the second.

The first Creed contained no reference to Mary whatsoever. That was in 325 CE. Mary wasn't even an afterthought then.
Russian Orthodox American

Monongahela, PA

#423793 Feb 20, 2013
The Roman catholic church is an evil institution bent on destroying everything in it's path. It's dark history, since it broke from the REAL Church Started by Jesus and the Apostles {Orthodox}, proves this fact. Patriarch Kyril of Moscow will still not allow a Roman Pope on Russian soil until they quit their murdering of Orthodox Christians in the Ukraine and the Carpathians. Catholics still kill Orthodox in the Carpathians of Ukraine. The True story of Talerhof Catholic concentration camp at link below

http://02varvara.wordpress.com/2012/01/27/the...
Russian Orthodox American

Monongahela, PA

#423794 Feb 20, 2013
The priest Mikhail Shuvar was beaten severely by Catholic Thugs in Ukraine which led to an early death for him from his injuries.

http://02varvara.wordpress.com/2009/12/08/a-w...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#423795 Feb 20, 2013
David.....

Ac 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Your "prayer" says "mother of God"!!!!!!????

There is no Scripture that says: Mary the Mother of God.!!!!!!
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423796 Feb 20, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I cited any apologies I could find. I found the JPII apologies and cited a news article on it.
Stop lying and simply cite the Vatican II apology to protestants that you can't seem to link me to, despite your claims that it's "easily located".
Just "easily locate" it and cite it.
Stop lying? Dan, why so angry?

OK, another quick search...

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/The+everything+...

"it is no longer the Church's goal to try to convert Protestants to Catholicism. Instead, the Church recognized the status of Protestant communities, apologized for contributing to Christian disunity and the mistakes made during the Counter-Reformation"

Here's an idea. Ask your priest this simple question.

"During Vatican 2, did the RCC apologize for contributing to Christian disunity and the mistakes made during the Counter-Reformation."

Then you can call your Priest a lyer too :o)

And continue being willfully uninformed.

Location hidden

#423797 Feb 20, 2013
ironman77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry if I misunerstood you! I thought you were attacking me for not believing my salvation lies with the Catholics! I'm sorry!
Sokay...it happens....share with us your Spiritual awakening...your salvation...I am sure it will be a blessing.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423798 Feb 20, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying? Dan, why so angry?
OK, another quick search...
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/The+everything+...
"it is no longer the Church's goal to try to convert Protestants to Catholicism. Instead, the Church recognized the status of Protestant communities, apologized for contributing to Christian disunity and the mistakes made during the Counter-Reformation"
Here's an idea. Ask your priest this simple question.
"During Vatican 2, did the RCC apologize for contributing to Christian disunity and the mistakes made during the Counter-Reformation."
Then you can call your Priest a lyer too :o)
And continue being willfully uninformed.
PS -- before Dan starts the twist again, that was a quote by an editor for Catholic Insight (COPYRIGHT 2004) correcting misconceptions in a new book about Catholicism.

I hope Dan is able to learn from this Catholic Insight copyrighted material.

I also hope Dan will stop calling me names because that hurts my feelings.

If Dan takes issue with a link, I hope he will do a little more research. Even if one cares not to take the time to find the exact quote from the actual text of Vatican 2, many, many references paraphrasing the text are easily found.

Jesus loves the truth.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#423799 Feb 20, 2013
Careful Free mind they pope might reach down from his position of authority and cast you into eternal damnation! Watch your attitude the one true church commands it! LOL
Clay

United States

#423800 Feb 20, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, once again you take something simple and confuse it.
Duh!!!!! The word catholic means "universal."
Most Protestants defend the fact that Jesus started a UNIVERSAL church -- not the RCC.
Yes, Methodists use the term "catholic" in their creed -- but they do so with the traditional interpretation of "universal."
No Protestant believes Jesus stated the Roman Catholic church, except maybe your phony protestant friend.
THINK Clay!!! If they acknowledged the RCC as the only true church, then they wouldn't be Protestants would they!
DUH!!!!!!!!!!
Check your facts. They do.

Martin Luther: "we must concede to the Papist, that they have the word of God, we received it from them and without which, we would have no knowledge of it at all"

Pssst free, papist are the RCC.

Also my ex neighbors were Methodist (started by John Calvin) they do not deny the lineage from Pope Benedict to Saint Peter. True Protestants do not ignore basic history 101. although they deny the Papacy itself.

Your evangelical buddies invented something about 'Catholic' with a small c - separate from Roman Catholic. They like to re- write history like they do Christianity.

Learn to be a an accurate bigot Mr Free..
Clay

United States

#423801 Feb 20, 2013
ironman77 wrote:
hey don't offer hands free garentees to heaven, Dumb Dumb! Where do you get your facts from? Continue in your self-rightousness and see how far it gets you! Hahahah, Hands free garentee that is so stupid to say! What an ass clown!!!!!
<quoted text>
Ok Iron Man 77 *thumb and pink extended*
Rock on dude!

Lol

You become so-called 'born again'. Right?

You get saved? Right

Once saved always saved. OSAS. Right?

You can never lose that salvation, no matter what you do. Right?

Sounds like a hands free guarantee trip to Heaven to me. Sign me up! No more boring church. No more confession. I can get a divorce or have an afair.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423802 Feb 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Check your facts. They do.
Martin Luther: "we must concede to the Papist, that they have the word of God, we received it from them and without which, we would have no knowledge of it at all"
Pssst free, papist are the RCC.
Also my ex neighbors were Methodist (started by John Calvin) they do not deny the lineage from Pope Benedict to Saint Peter. True Protestants do not ignore basic history 101. although they deny the Papacy itself.
Your evangelical buddies invented something about 'Catholic' with a small c - separate from Roman Catholic. They like to re- write history like they do Christianity.
Learn to be a an accurate bigot Mr Free..
Clay, you keep contradicting yourself.

Start here and work backwards -- they wouldn't be Protestants if they were talking about the RCC as any kind of "only true" church in the eyes of Jesus. They are simply acknowledging an historical reality.

As for your mythical Methodist friends, how do they deny the papacy itself, yet somehow as you claim accept "the lineage from Pope Benedict to Saint Peter?"

Take your meds.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423803 Feb 20, 2013
Russian Orthodox American wrote:
The priest Mikhail Shuvar was beaten severely by Catholic Thugs in Ukraine which led to an early death for him from his injuries.
http://02varvara.wordpress.com/2009/12/08/a-w...
yes sounds just like them.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#423804 Feb 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, I am not a campbellite like saban and hank. even saban by nw knows that my docrine is that of the Holiness Beliefs9(second definitve Work of Grace). maybe you read where I said that my wife sings by herself without any music. she likes to wait on the Lord and if he gives her the Blessing to sing , she sings, and by that I mean she stands up in the pew testifys alittle bit about how Good God is to her and then she Blesses Him by singing her Praise to her.which is something that you people never do, I guess.
as far as the Last Supper, I disregard any lies taught by your church, concerning the actual Words of Jesus. ANY IDIOT KNOWS THAT HE WAS SPEAKING SPIRITUALLY, WHICH IS WHY YOU ARE A CATHOLIC AND I, ON THE OTHER HAND AM SAVED.
Atemboy: "I disregard any lies taught by your church, concerning the actual Words of Jesus. ANY IDIOT KNOWS THAT HE WAS SPEAKING SPIRITUALLY, WHICH IS WHY YOU ARE A CATHOLIC AND I, ON THE OTHER HAND AM SAVED."

I don't know, Preston. Used to I might have thought that He was speaking spiritually too. But now after your convincing description of those holes opening up in your belly and that water flowing out on your bed from those holes keeping the bed dry, is all giving me doubts...
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423805 Feb 20, 2013
POPE RESIGNS! Gangnam Style Prophecy Fulfilled!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#423806 Feb 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Rock on dude!
Lol
You get saved? Right
Sounds like a hands free guarantee trip to Heaven to me. Sign me up! No more boring church. No more confession. I can get a divorce or have an afair.
THE ONLY GUARENTEE IN LIFE IS DEATH!! I DON'T HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS AND NIETHER DO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE! I DON'T PRETEND TO EITHER NOR DO I PRETEND TO BE BETTER THAN YOU! ALL I KNOW IS I HAVE TO TRY TO BE HUMBLE, LOVING,SELFLESS,OBEDIANT, AND HONEST! I DO MY BEST BUT FALL SHORT DAILY AS I HAVE EVEN TALKING TO YOU AND OTHERS ON THIS SITE. IT'S EASY TO REVERT BACK TO MY SELFISHNESS AND HARD TO ADMIT MY WRONG DOINGS BUT I DO AND I SEEK FORGIVENESS AND TRY TO CHANGE! I'M NOT PERFECT AND I DON'T BELIEVE ANYONE IS GUARANTEED A SEAT IN HEAVEN BUT I CHOSE TO LIVE RIGHT BC ITS RIGHT NOT BECAUSE I WANT ANYTHING IN RETURN!!!

Location hidden

#423807 Feb 20, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>yes sounds just like them.
It sounds like you and clay have it all figured out so why argue. Maybe your right and obviously you believe you are! IT'S not that Christians believe they are guarenteed anything its we have faith in our God and believe in his promises! We also fall short daily but we chose to dust ourselves off, ask for forgiveness, and move forward trying to do better! We are not as perfect as you apparently or your church! But thats ok I'll take them over your type of beliefs any day!

Location hidden

#423808 Feb 20, 2013
There is nothing humble, selfless, or loving about the statement your pope has made! I hope someday he realizes its not the church thats important. Its how you live, act, and treat others that brings you to salvation! Walking in the footsteps of Christ is not creating tention between his children! It's not about whos better its about walking in Love no matter the situation or obsticle! Remember Jesus said the least will come first not the powerful, not the Pope, not the one with the biggest ego or church! So think what you will and good luck!

Location hidden

#423809 Feb 20, 2013
I wouldn't concern yourself with my salvation1 It's not going to even be a factor in your life! I'd worry about your attitude toward others and your abvious edipus complex!
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Rock on dude!
Lol
You get saved? Right

Location hidden

#423810 Feb 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Rock on dude!
Lol
You get saved? Right
There is a new book on the market...it is called "Bible"..get one and read it!!!!

God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#423811 Feb 20, 2013
David McIntyre wrote:
Long Live the Pope, the Successor of St Peter Our Rock!

Christ alone is our mediator. Paul clearly points this out in 1 Timothy 2:3-6.

"This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony borne at the proper time."

The Roman Church claims to found itself upon ONE verse in the Bible:

Mt 16:18 "And I say also to you, That you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

Nowhere does it say there would be a Catholic Church.

Jesus is the rock the church / Christianity is founded upon.

Mk 12:10 "And have you not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:"

Peter's remains are not in Rome since he never went to Rome. In fact his grave has been found in Jerusalem. The End.

<FIN>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min scientia potentia... 27,907
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 19 min Classic 3,551
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 34 min Joe Fortuna 4,713
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 36 min Paul is dead 3,571
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 42 min RiccardoFire 44,057
Renzenberger : STEALING MILLIONS from their dri... (Feb '15) 43 min bosslady 24
Russia to be #1 Non-GMO Food Exporter... 54 min andet1987 4
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr DebraE 104,190
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr YOURMOTHERISINMYC... 968,649
More from around the web