Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653900 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423753 Feb 20, 2013
The RCC's slippery rhetorical dance.....

What are the "perfect teachings" or the "infallible teaching" of the RCC?

Does anyone even know?

If an organization were truly capable of "infallible teachings," wouldn't it make sense for that organization to have a list for its believers, potential believers, and the world to consult?

Yet not one Catholic here can name the RCC's "infallible teachings."

Isn't that absurd?

How about those "perfect teachings?" No problem, consult the Catechism.

OK, which one?

A never-ending dance from the spiritually superior ones.

LOL
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#423754 Feb 20, 2013
LTM wrote:
We have to understand that the word ‘generation’ as Jesus uses it does not have the same meaning as the way we use it in English.
Thanks. Interesting post.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#423755 Feb 20, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I am responding to RCC criticism. I am sorry I hurt your feelings.
Its ok, my feelings are intact. fyi I am an Anglican, so am technically a protestant also. I see strengths in both sides of the debate but dislike Christians blasting other Christians.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#423756 Feb 20, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
The RCC's slippery rhetorical dance.....
What are the "perfect teachings" or the "infallible teaching" of the RCC?
Some reading for you ;)
http://www.catholicity.com/catechism/the_cree...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#423757 Feb 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus DEFEAT the Devil by just using SCRIPTURES?????
Sure He did.....
And what were those THREE (3) DANGEROUS words that Jesus used????
"IT IS WRITTEN"
He did NOT use the words "I say"....he used "IT IS WRITTEN"
!!!!!!!!!!
This is exactly my point! The devil quoted scripture just like you "fundies" quote it and Jesus rebuke him because the devils quote was a (mis-interpretation) of the TRUE meaning "OF SCRIPTURE" that God had NOT originally intended!!...... Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church who originally "interpreted the TRUTH" of the bible by the Early Church Fathers in 397 AD--(KNEW ALL TO WELL) that Satan was trying to use the TRUTH of Scripture "against" Jesus in "tempting him"--just like you "bible only" (buffoons) attempt to (distort the truth)-with one or all of your 42,000 (contradicting mis-interpretations) in an attempt to use the TRUTH of the bible and the TRUTH of TRUE Church History against Jesus Christ and HIS ONE (and only TRUE UNIVERSAL CATHOLIC CHURCH.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#423758 Feb 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus DEFEAT the Devil by just using SCRIPTURES?????
Sure He did.....
No he didn't.

If you are to take many of the people on this forum alone, they still live in fear of this unseen entity.

In that case, the "Devil" is still not defeated.

Maybe you mean what I've always said - "Jesus defeated his own demons"....also spoken here by Jesus:

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And what were those THREE (3) DANGEROUS words that Jesus used????
"IT IS WRITTEN"

He did NOT use the words "I say"....he used "IT IS WRITTEN"
Not here he didn't:
(21)

(1) Mary said to Jesus: "Whom are your disciples like?"
(2) He said: "They are like servants who are entrusted with a field that is not theirs.
(3) When the owners of the field arrive, they will say:‘Let us have our field.’
(4)(But) they are naked in their presence so as to let them have it
(and thus) to give them their field."
(5) "That is why I say:‘When the master of the house learns that the thief
is about to come, he will be on guard before he comes (and) will not let him
break into his house, his domain, to carry away his possessions.’
(6)(But) you, be on guard against the world!
(7) Gird your loins with great strength, so that the robbers will not find a way to get to you."
(8) "For the necessities for which you wait (with longing) will be found.
(9) There ought to be a wise person among you!
(10) When the fruit was ripe, he came quickly with his sickle in his hand,(and) he harvested it.
(11) Whoever has ears to hear should hear."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
He chose the only safe and sure way to DEFEAT Satan: the HOLY SCRIPTURES!!!!!!!!!!
False conclusion based upon speculation.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#423759 Feb 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Scriptures were READ/TAUGHT in the churches every Lord's Day.....
Yes---and they (still are) and (always have been)---- READ/TAUGHT "each day" at Daily Mass in Jesus Christs One True Church--every day---with is every Lords Day!!
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423760 Feb 20, 2013
The Devil at Home in the Vatican

A book published several years ago by a retired priest, Msgr. Luigi Marinelli, caused quite a stir in Italy. Gone With the Wind at the Vatican flew off the shelves as Italians eagerly consumed its stories of greedy bishops, money-laundering prelates, and even sexual abuse. In so doing, he became the latest Vatican insider to allege that satanic rituals have been performed within the walls of the Holy See. Another recent book, the anonymously written Blood Lies in the Vatican, also hinted at Masonic plots in Rome.

This latest round began with allegations described as ‘explosive,’ made in Rome in November 1996 by an archbishop, that members of the Roman Catholic hierarchy there are secretly involved in formal satanic worship. These charges have been confirmed as true by a well-known Vatican insider and are all the more remarkable by the total lack of notice in the U.S. press.

Archbishop Emmanuel Milingo, 71, is a formerly high-ranking cleric who first spoke out about Satanism in the Vatican, and took a lot of heat for it. However, Milingo has his own problems. He had already been exiled by the Catholic Church when his exuberant exorcism rites, characterized by some ecclesiastics as owing more to traditional African witchcraft than Catholicism, attracted wide attention.

Milingo, formerly Archbishop of Lusaka, Zambia has made enemies of his fellow Zambian priests, who accused him of practicing “black magic”-- as he has accused an unidentified cabal of Vatican clerics of doing.

But in 2001, Milingo shocked his followers and probably delighted his enemies by jumping ship, marrying a Korean acupuncturist, Maria Sung, 43, the woman chosen for him by none other than the Rev. Sun Myung Moon, head of the Unification Church and self-proclaimed Messiah. The Unification Church has been linked to devil worship in Zambia and has been forced to clear its name in the courts.

Other insiders have also brought forth accusations of Satan worship in the Vatican, namely Malachi Martin, a scholar, Vatican insider, and best-selling author, who said that Milingo’s contention that there are Satanists in Rome is completely correct. He continues,“Anybody who is acquainted with the state of affairs in the Vatican in the last 35 years is well aware that the prince of darkness has had and still has his surrogates in the court of St. Peter in Rome.” And he added that more members of the clergy are becoming aware of the situation.

Best-selling Christian author, Texe Marrs,( www.texemarrs.com ) has done his own investigation of Satan worship in the Vatican, including:

* Pope John Paul II’s public endorsement of voodoo, black magic, Hinduism, Talmudic Judaism and other false religions.

* The shocking admission by a previous Pope, Paul VI, of secret Satan worship inside the walls of the Vatican.

* The shocking satanic ritual that took place at St. Paul’s Chapel, inside Vatican City, I June, 1963. During the ritual, churchmen reportedly took diabolical oaths that they signed with their own blood.

* The rise of the city of Rome as the world’s foremost center of Satan worship and devil cults.

* The list of high-ranking churchmen who secretly are Masons, compiled by the editor-in-chief of The Vatican Observer newspaper in Rome.

* Reports that Pope John Paul II was a high-level Mason. Why did he worship the “black virgin?” Why did he allow a statue of Buddha to be placed on the alter of a Catholic chapel in Assissi, Italy?

* The commemorative coin issued by the Vatican, that pictures the image of Pope John Paul II, uses ancient Roman Empire lettering, and includes three pagan stars of six points each (the Jewish star!) signifying 6-6-6.

* Satan worship and dark rituals by decadent Protestant clergymen in New York, London, and San Francisco.

http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/polit...
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#423761 Feb 20, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
The Devil at Home in the Vatican
I wonder what next. Lizard men?
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#423762 Feb 20, 2013
Its shocking really how these "Christians" hate the church Jesus founded.

According to these fundies, Jesus starts a church. All goes well for 300 years apart from the odd Christian being thrown to the lions.

Then the RCC corrupts Christianity and priests take over.

Then wait until hmm lets say the ~1970s when born again Christianity was invented in the US.

Yes, of course NOW makes perfect sense :D lol
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#423763 Feb 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe men have the ability to discern what "God" can or cannot do, or determine who "God" can or cannot inpsire - where as you do.
Therefore, you place men above "God" in this aspect.
Additionally, with you do this, you blatantly think others have not been inspired, or the ability to be inspired by "God", thus rejected, because of men, other teachings by Jesus.
Why don't you believe in all of what Jesus taught?
All of this -----"I don't believe" malarkey of yours--- is nothing but "your own personal opinionated uncertainty!!!--It is ALL-MAN MADE by New Age, himself!!!! If you don't believe (quote) "that men have the ability to discern what God can or cannot do" ----then how can you "a self appointed- mans opinion" conclude that yours is the truth!! You, therefore, are putting yourself "above God". The Early Church Fathers,(through the prayful communion --- inspired direction of the Holy Spirit, formed the Canon of Scripture in 382, 393, and 397 AD,took over 350 years to compile, discuss, ponder,translate and prayfully discern the truth of the documents, letters, parchments, manuscripts from the Apostoles.-
Yes!!-----I/We as Catholic believe-ALL what Jesus taught---but not what you Protestants "think HE taught" by using each one of your "self-apppointed" 42,000 contradicting and inconsistent beliefs to arrive at some "hodge-podge" conflicting interpretations of the bible...... The TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible (has not changed) since 397 AD. Your 42,000 self-appointed (relative truth) popes --have not, nor will ever change the FULLNESS of the TRUTH that has existed for 100's of years in and through Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church!!!
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423764 Feb 20, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Its ok, my feelings are intact. fyi I am an Anglican, so am technically a protestant also. I see strengths in both sides of the debate but dislike Christians blasting other Christians.
How do you suggest countering the RCC claims that are the topic of this board?

Q... Do you believe the RCC is the only true and perfect church?

Q... Do you believe that your Anglican Church should NOT be referred to as a church?

If you answer no to either, then please show us evidence.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423765 Feb 20, 2013
Justice wrote:
According to these fundies, Jesus starts a church. All goes well for 300 years apart from the odd Christian being thrown to the lions.
Then wait until hmm lets say the ~1970s when born again Christianity was invented in the US.
Odd, in post # 423755 immediately above, you say you are an Anglican.

How many Anglicans defend the RCC as the church Jesus started.

Absurd.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423766 Feb 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Dan, it is the symbolism that we are to remember, the fellowship that we as Christians are to share with one another.
It can not be literaly His Body and His blood for a few simple reason. first His body was not broken in the first place(you catholics do know that right)and the same with the Blood, it had not be shed yet for the sins of the Whole World, so why make them symbols of something that had not happened yet.
he had supper with His friends, simple as that. and he had more to eat that just bread and wine to drink, yet your catholicas are silent on that matter, why is that?
that was a very special time for all of them, I have no doubt about that. they were about to lose their best friend on this Earth, and that is what we are to remember, He is our best friend, and what he ate and drank that day isnt important. and no church or any other cult such as yours actually eat the type of food that comes from the same storehouse as what they ate that day, so you are getting nothing out of that ritual that you take often, seldom or not at all.
and since we cant partake of food that is grown in that cocuntry, it then remains that something more is being offered up by the Lord for us to do, AND THAT IS TO REMEMBER WHAT HE WAS ABOUT TO GO THRU.
AND THAT MIGHT BE WHY HE SAID FOR US TO PARTAKE [IN REMEMBRANCE OF HIM]
Christ said it was His Body and Blood and repeated that teaching several times. It's explicit, and you reject it. Curiously, you withhold instrumental music at your services based on what isn't mentioned in scripture by Christ, yet take great pains to reject that which IS explicitly taught by Him. Very confusing.
I am sorry that you reject His clear teaching here and deny yourselves His gift.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#423767 Feb 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly my point! The devil quoted scripture just like you "fundies" quote it and Jesus rebuke him because the devils quote was a (mis-interpretation) of the TRUE meaning "OF SCRIPTURE" that God had NOT originally intended!!...... Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church who originally "interpreted the TRUTH" of the bible by the Early Church Fathers in 397 AD--(KNEW ALL TO WELL) that Satan was trying to use the TRUTH of Scripture "against" Jesus in "tempting him"--just like you "bible only" (buffoons) attempt to (distort the truth)-with one or all of your 42,000 (contradicting mis-interpretations) in an attempt to use the TRUTH of the bible and the TRUTH of TRUE Church History against Jesus Christ and HIS ONE (and only TRUE UNIVERSAL CATHOLIC CHURCH.
Are you completely gone over to the other side. Who is the author of the Holy Scriptures "GOD HIMSELF" So Jesus would have known what the Holy Scriptures said without the early church fathers. I agree however that they knew what the devil was trying to do because they were used by him to set up the anti-church. against The True Church Of Christ.
You have no idea what the Holy Scriptures say HOJO, that is why you left the other denomination, your laziness to seek the truth, is what landed you with the catholic denomination.
Well you have no excuse HoJo, your percious catholic pagan religion is without excuse also they knew the truth from the beginning and denied it just as you are.
what do you think, " work out your own salvation with fear and trembing means HOJO."

Your walk with Christ is a personnal walk between you and Him.
You will not beable to blame another for your lack of knowledge but yourself .
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423768 Feb 20, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I provide citation.
Dan provides none.
Dan, when you make up your own facts, of course you have no citation to support your claim.
All that Dan has is personal attack.
Is this the only way you have to validate your faith? Blind denial and personal attacks?
Seems so.
I cited any apologies I could find. I found the JPII apologies and cited a news article on it.

Stop lying and simply cite the Vatican II apology to protestants that you can't seem to link me to, despite your claims that it's "easily located".

Just "easily locate" it and cite it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423769 Feb 20, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
How is faith developed (Rom. 10:17)?
Do they have genuine faith (2 Tim. 1:5) or is it just an extension of mine?
As a child is taught and as he matures he reaches a point when he is wise for salvation or an age of accountability or a level of readiness and they understand enough about right and wrong to be held accountable by God for the choices they make.
See Rom. 9:11 - No mental concept of good or evil.
See Deut. 1:35-39 - "who today have no knowledge of good and evil"
Isa. 7:16, Ezek. 18:20
I can't help but wonder how many people have had a false sense of security and avoided baptism simply because their parents' faith taught to have them, as a completely innocent child, sprinkled.
That's the longest "yes" I've ever read.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#423771 Feb 20, 2013
Justice wrote:
That is funny , Jesus was the first one who said you must be born again.

your right the priest and Pope corrupted the gospel of Jesus Christ and built a church on the tradition and of Men.
No on the gospel that Jesus Christ Preach.
"AND CHANGED THE UNCORRUPTABLE THINGS OF GOD". TO THE CORRUPTABLE THINGS OF MAN.

John 3

King James Version (KJV)

3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#423772 Feb 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes---and they (still are) and (always have been)---- READ/TAUGHT "each day" at Daily Mass in Jesus Christs One True Church--every day---with is every Lords Day!!
dO YOU READ THEE BIBLE HOJO, DO YOU MAKE TIME EVERY DAY TO SPEND TIME ALONE WITH GOD, AND READ FROM HIS HOLY WORD.
I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT PRAYING TO MARY AND SAINT, TO INTERCEDE FOR YOU . JUST YOU AND GOD ALONE , YOU TALKING TO HIM ONE ON ONE.
Give your glory and Praise to God HOJO, the truth you seek is in HIm not the cahtolic church, they are totally blinded by self image, greed and power. Wanting all the glory that belongs to God alone.

God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength
For each new day
He will make a way
He will make a way

By a roadway in the wilderness
He'll lead me
And rivers in the desert will I see
Heaven and earth will fade
But His Word will still remain
He will do something new today
Saban fan

Tucker, GA

#423773 Feb 20, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the longest "yes" I've ever read.
Here we go again. What's the context? What did I just say "yes" to, Dan?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rajkot to chotila gey sex (Nov '15) 5 min samir 19
Looking for Female Yorkie to mate with my male ... (Mar '13) 22 min Miguel 169
looking for male pomeranian to breed with 2 yea... (Apr '11) 26 min Wanting new babies 113
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,575
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 hr Johnny 794
"The Crew" (Jan '08) 1 hr Voyeur 7,927
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Insults Are Easier 63,721
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr crucifiedguy 281,853
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr LAWEST100 618,736
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Lbj 106,493
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Gabriel 973,749
More from around the web