Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
408,041 - 408,060 of 539,420 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423396 Feb 18, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
More rationalization.
I posted verifiable facts which you dismiss as Jack Chick mayerial.
But you specifically do not present any evidence to refute the facts.
FACT #1... the RCC palace you call the Vatican was indeed financed largely through the sale of indulgences, adorned with gold stolen from and mined by Indian slaves.
This is factual, Jesus would never call for such a thing, you know it, so your mind dismisses irrefutable fact as somehow Jack Chick.
"... for ye shall know them by their deeds."
FACT #2... Bonito Mussolini gave the Church statehood, and later it used state power (diplomatic immunity) to avoid justice for sexually-abuse orphans and deaf children.
This is factual, Jesus would never call for such a thing, you know it, so your mind dismisses irrefutable fact as somehow Jack Chick.
Mind games, because the facts presented are 100% veritably true.
The treaty did not establish diplomatic immunity, so you're factually incorrect.

Again.

Please cite the slave labor used in construction of the Vatican.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423397 Feb 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Check my consistency!
The middle management did not exist in the 1st century church and it doesn't exist in Christ's church today.
???

No priests nor ministers in early Christianity?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423398 Feb 18, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
More rationalization.
I posted verifiable facts which you dismiss as Jack Chick mayerial.
But you specifically do not present any evidence to refute the facts.
FACT #1... the RCC palace you call the Vatican was indeed financed largely through the sale of indulgences, adorned with gold stolen from and mined by Indian slaves.
"... for ye shall know them by their deeds."
FACT #2... Bonito Mussolini gave the Church statehood, and later it used state power (diplomatic immunity) to avoid justice for sexually-abuse orphans and deaf children.
Mind games, because the facts presented are 100% veritably true.
Jesus didn't call for any mining nor construction. Of anything for anything by anyone. Does your home meet with Jesus' disapproval?

Thomas Jefferson owned slaves. Is this why you think the RCC condemned him to Hell?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423399 Feb 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I just re-read John 3 and I don't find anything that validates Catholic teaching over any other.
About to re-read John 6. I have no idea what point Dan was trying to make and I have no idea how you think I've taken a pair of scissors to these scriptures.
Jesus declares baptism a requirement for salvation without any exceptions made.

You would deny an infant baptism as the infant cannot perform an act to your satisfaction. This contradicts scripture.

John 6 has Jesus telling us that we must partake in His Body and Blood. If (I don't know) you believe that your Lord's Supper is simply symbolic of this, this belief contradicts scripture.

You can let me know at your convenience.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#423400 Feb 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're making my point for me.
If one studies to make themselves approved, you can't leave out the means for said person to know they are correct in their conclusions. The Church, given to us by Christ, provides this anchor. Otherwise, everyone decalres themselves "approved". See this board for an illustration of this. "Duelling Bibles".
If everyone is able to instruct themselves in Scripture and thus is free to affirm their personal judgement upon them, then there cannot be a "false teacher"; If everyone is free to render their own verdict upon scriptur,e without appeal to an authoritative interpretation, you get doctrinal chaos-protestantism and its offshoots.
Who is your Anchor Dan , mine is Jesus.
God will teach His people , through the power of the Holy Spirit.
I have been read several post from you and other catholic's on here with out responding to them for the last few days.
Then it hit me you are very confused, your understand of scripture is nil. Confusion is not from God, even your own pope from his own word clearing can't distingish evil from good, citing it was acceptable to sexual abuse children, in the 70's.
Which is a lie, because men and woman in the 70's and before were jailed for having sex with children.
Woman and men who were sexually abused as children have come forward and telling some of the aweful tortured abuse they have suffered as children.(as children they knew what was happing to them was not normal).
I feel very sorry and floored that you all have accepted what has happened to the children of catholic's like yourself.
You also have allowed POpes down through history dictated , what is acceptable because they have said it is, even though anyone with a brain knows in their heart that wrong is wrong .
Do you believe its noraml to sexually abuse children?? if you go along with your pope you do, because if you are not part of the salution you are part of the problem.
Maybe he is trying to make excuses for himself and the priest he has protected over many decades.
It is time for the catholic people to stand united , and speak out against this evil institution.
if any of you are truly christian and love God you would stand on the side of God and not on the side of this evil gross cancer that has ate its way through history.
With all the info you have read and seen and heard you still deny the truth .
God have mercy on your soul, and I pray God protects your innocent children from this evil.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#423401 Feb 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's several examples where it says it:
http://lavistachurchofchrist.org/LVarticles/B...
There were no examples in your link. I skimmed over it and saw nothing to support sola scripture.

I did see something about musical instruments. I find this teaching of your church about as bizarre as I've ever heard. There is no rationale to think God would get offended at His creation for using their gift He gave them, to create beautiful music for Him. I just don't get it.
I really believe this is proof your elders are not guided by the Holy Spirit to truth.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423402 Feb 18, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is your Anchor Dan , mine is Jesus.
God will teach His people , through the power of the Holy Spirit.
I have been read several post from you and other catholic's on here with out responding to them for the last few days.
Then it hit me you are very confused, your understand of scripture is nil. Confusion is not from God, even your own pope from his own word clearing can't distingish evil from good, citing it was acceptable to sexual abuse children, in the 70's.
Which is a lie, because men and woman in the 70's and before were jailed for having sex with children.
Woman and men who were sexually abused as children have come forward and telling some of the aweful tortured abuse they have suffered as children.(as children they knew what was happing to them was not normal).
I feel very sorry and floored that you all have accepted what has happened to the children of catholic's like yourself.
You also have allowed POpes down through history dictated , what is acceptable because they have said it is, even though anyone with a brain knows in their heart that wrong is wrong .
Do you believe its noraml to sexually abuse children?? if you go along with your pope you do, because if you are not part of the salution you are part of the problem.
Maybe he is trying to make excuses for himself and the priest he has protected over many decades.
It is time for the catholic people to stand united , and speak out against this evil institution.
if any of you are truly christian and love God you would stand on the side of God and not on the side of this evil gross cancer that has ate its way through history.
With all the info you have read and seen and heard you still deny the truth .
God have mercy on your soul, and I pray God protects your innocent children from this evil.
Jesus, your "anchor", established the Church in scripture. I understand that yet you deny it.

Don't worry about what you think I "understand", LTM. You have problems of your own here.

Noted that in lieu of a scripturally-based rebuttal, you played the sex scandal card.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#423403 Feb 18, 2013
In 1981, a scandal arose after the police discovery of Licio Gelli's secret quasi-Masonic lodge Propaganda 2 (P2), which aimed to change the Italian political system to a more authoritarian regime. The list of people involved in P2 included members of the secret services and some prominent characters from political arena, business, military and media. Silvio Berlusconi, who was then just starting to gain popularity as the founder and owner of "Canale 5" TV channel, was listed as a member of P2.[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvio_Berluscon ... Propaganda Due (Italian pronunciation:[propa&#712; &#609;anda &#712;du&#720;e]), or P2, was a Masonic lodge operating under the jurisdiction of the Grand Orient of Italy from 1945 to 1976 (when its charter was withdrawn), and a pseudo-Masonic, "black", or "covert" lodge operating illegally (in contravention of Article 18 of the Constitution of Italy banning secret associations) from 1976 to 1981. During the years that the lodge was headed by Licio Gelli, P2 was implicated in numerous Italian crimes and mysteries, including the collapse of the Vatican-affiliated Banco Ambrosiano, the murders of journalist Mino Pecorelli and banker Roberto Calvi, and corruption cases within the nationwide bribe scandal Tangentopoli. P2 came to light through the investigations into the collapse of Michele Sindona's financial empire.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_Due The role of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in sponsoring Gladio and the extent of its activities during the Cold War era, and its relationship to right-wing terrorist attacks perpetrated in Italy during the "Years of Lead" (late 1960s to early 1980s) and other similar clandestine operations is the subject of ongoing debate and investigation but never proved. Switzerland and Belgium have had parliamentary inquiries into the matter.[3]
CIA director Allen Dulles was one of the key people in instituting Operation Gladio, and most of Gladio’s operations were financed by the CIA.[citation needed] The anti-communist networks, which were present in all of Europe, including in neutral countries like Sweden and Switzerland, were partly funded by the CIA.[6] Some went as far as claiming that Christian Democrat (Democrazia Cristiana) leader Aldo Moro, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gladio
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#423404 Feb 18, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Dan. That is not what I have read however.
"It apologized for contributing to Christian disunity and the mistakes made during the Counter-Reformation."
http://www.netplaces.com/catholicism/moderniz...
Crusades, Inquisitions? I didn't realize. Please post links. Thanks.
Otherwise, WHAT Catechism are you talking about?
Today's Catechism, or the Catechism as written in 1826?
There bare some BIG differences in those "perfect teachings" that you rationalize away.
I already told them about the catechism's are changed , they didn't believe me.
There really isn't much that hasn't been prove through scriptures ex catholic's and protestant, and out of the mouth of their own pope. To know that we are not liars.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423405 Feb 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was very much on topic. How is there any difference between a Cardinal and a Czar. Both are paid from the public treasury and neither position has been approved by the founder?
What "public treasury" pays for a Cardinal's stipend?

All along I thought it was contributions by the faithful.

Does this work differently in your church? How do you pay the minister?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423406 Feb 18, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
There really isn't much that hasn't been prove through scriptures ex catholic's and protestant, and out of the mouth of their own pope. To know that we are not liars.
Why not simply cite that which you claim is true?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423407 Feb 18, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hint:

FM's weblink wasn't to the Catechism.

They never are. They are always to what someone SAYS the Church teaches, never to what they actually DO teach.

He knows that actual citation of sources would undercut his "arguments", so he studiously avoids it. As you do.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#423409 Feb 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus, your "anchor", established the Church in scripture. I understand that yet you deny it.
Don't worry about what you think I "understand", LTM. You have problems of your own here.
Noted that in lieu of a scripturally-based rebuttal, you played the sex scandal card.
Your kidding right Dan, that is the best you got. I know right from wrong which is something your pope doesn't . That is the person you trust to teach you spiritual truth from God.
Lets leave the sex scandles, how about murder and thief, made up fairy tales about Mary and following other pagan rituals that is taught in your church.
Things that have nothing to do with what Jesus taught. In fact the Bible which your religions sect takes credit for giving the world,
Speaks against these very things. No wonder your religous leader have got away with so many crimes against humanity, its because people like you have looked the other way and let it happened.
Well its your church , your leaders. Which makes you as guilty as the priest and popes who have did the act.
Take a look at your small children and think if one of your was abused, Dan what would your reaction be, and remember your spiritual leader the pope thinks its normal.

There is nothing to talk about any more Dan, I do have my problems but I don't sweep them under a rug and pretend I don't.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423410 Feb 18, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kidding right Dan, that is the best you got. I know right from wrong which is something your pope doesn't . That is the person you trust to teach you spiritual truth from God.
Lets leave the sex scandles, how about murder and thief, made up fairy tales about Mary and following other pagan rituals that is taught in your church.
Things that have nothing to do with what Jesus taught. In fact the Bible which your religions sect takes credit for giving the world,
Speaks against these very things. No wonder your religous leader have got away with so many crimes against humanity, its because people like you have looked the other way and let it happened.
Well its your church , your leaders. Which makes you as guilty as the priest and popes who have did the act.
Take a look at your small children and think if one of your was abused, Dan what would your reaction be, and remember your spiritual leader the pope thinks its normal.
There is nothing to talk about any more Dan, I do have my problems but I don't sweep them under a rug and pretend I don't.
I'm quite sure you don't have anything to talk about with me, since I pointed out that Christ established the Church in scripture and your response is two extended whines about the sex scandal.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423412 Feb 18, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
..........And Catholics rely upon the Church to teach.

The Pope does not create doctrine himself.

Please cite where any Pope has declared pedophilia "normal". This is your assertion and for some reason, it never made the news.

Thanks in advance.
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#423413 Feb 18, 2013
Lets make this simple today Yahweh is not A god so why is the world worshiping the creator as a god.

United States

#423414 Feb 18, 2013
LTM wrote:
-
-
Dan wrote:
Please cite where any Pope has declared pedophilia "normal". This is your assertion and for some reason, it never made the news.
Thanks in advance.
-
-
Dan: ""..........And Catholics rely upon the Church to teach.""
-
And CHRISTIANS rely on Christ's teachings.
-
What did Christ say about the little children as compared to what the pope says about little children?
-
Dan ... do you NOT realize that when the world's MOST POWERFUL RELIGIOUS LEADER tries to excuse it's priests by BLAMING SOCIETY as a whole ... they are NOT REALLY GUIDING .... THEY ARE FOLLOWING.
-
Sounds like Sodom and Gomorrah to me. The difference is that Lot got away from the filthy mindset that led the city's inhabitants to *accept* what was going on around them as *increasingly considered normal*... YOUR POPE has "in essence" agreed that it is OK to measure the CHURCH'S WRONGDOINGS by pedophile's standards rather than being the beacon of TRUTH.
-
Now tell me: Where in the Bible does it say that the Pope can bind on earth pedophilia as *increasingly considered NORMAL*?
-
What the Pope binds on earth will be bound in heaven ... eh, I really don't think so, because what the Pope is binding IS NOT IN LINE with the words of Christ. and never has been.
-

United States

#423415 Feb 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks in advance.
-
Dan: "The Pope does not create doctrine himself."
-
ok then, I'll bite:... who creates the *doctrine*?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423416 Feb 18, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Dan: ""..........And Catholics rely upon the Church to teach.""
-
And CHRISTIANS rely on Christ's teachings.
-
What did Christ say about the little children as compared to what the pope says about little children?
-
Dan ... do you NOT realize that when the world's MOST POWERFUL RELIGIOUS LEADER tries to excuse it's priests by BLAMING SOCIETY as a whole ... they are NOT REALLY GUIDING .... THEY ARE FOLLOWING.
-
Sounds like Sodom and Gomorrah to me. The difference is that Lot got away from the filthy mindset that led the city's inhabitants to *accept* what was going on around them as *increasingly considered normal*... YOUR POPE has "in essence" agreed that it is OK to measure the CHURCH'S WRONGDOINGS by pedophile's standards rather than being the beacon of TRUTH.
-
Now tell me: Where in the Bible does it say that the Pope can bind on earth pedophilia as *increasingly considered NORMAL*?
-
What the Pope binds on earth will be bound in heaven ... eh, I really don't think so, because what the Pope is binding IS NOT IN LINE with the words of Christ. and never has been.
-
Non-contextual.
LTM said we make reliance upon the Pope to teach.
That's false-the Pope upholds and clarifies Church doctrine, not his own.
"In essence", no Pope declared pedophiliac acts "normal", which was LTM's assertion.
Are you her uncle or something?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423417 Feb 18, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
Dan: "The Pope does not create doctrine himself."
-
ok then, I'll bite:... who creates the *doctrine*?
Not the Pope himself, as I said.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 min Neelakaran 5,363
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min lil whispers 600,152
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min sweets2360 733,764
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Eagle 12 226,516
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Dr_Zorderz 258,147
Do Albanian men like hispanic/latina women? (Aug '11) 14 min Pipebomb 68
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 18 min Senecus 2,516
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Jim Justice 118,092
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 22 hr Tiffany 107
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE