Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 574,070
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423382 Feb 18, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe typing in caps is the equivalent of shouting?
You have some strange opinions about Catholics, taken from anti-catholic websites? Have you read the other side of the debate, how Catholics justify their beliefs?
Of course not, silly.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#423383 Feb 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
**** NEITHER ARE WE CATHOLICS ASHAMED!! WE LISTEN, BELIEVE AND ADHERE TO THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST --"EACH AND EVERY DAY AT MASS"

i AM NOT ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST AS YOU CATHOLIC'S ARE..
***** ONLY A "DISORIENTED-HOSTILE-VIND ICTIVE PREACHER" WOULD
MAKE AN IGNORANT STATEMENT SUCH AS THIS

I DON'T ADD WORSHIP OF MARY...idolatry or attempt to alter the word of GOD to fit fables As you CONSTANTIN'S DO.
***** WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS BEFORE! WE (DON'T) WORSHIP MARY OR IDOLS! GET IT THROUGH YOUR "VACUUM BRAIN" CONFRINTING!

I HAVE NO DESIRE TO INSULT THE HEAVENLY FATHER IGNORING HIS WORD AND AND ATTEMPTING TO WRITE MY OWN AS YOU CATHOLICS HAVE DONE.
*****YOU "INSULT" THE HEAVENLY FAITH WHEN YOU TWIST, AND MANIPULATE, BY (IGNORING) THE TRUE INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE AND USING VENGEANCE AND HATE IN ATTACKING JESUS CHRIST AND HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED NUMEROUS TIMES...
******I/WE AS CATHOLIC CHRISTIANS (WHO ARE TRUE FOLLOWERS OF JESUS CHRIST) DON'T TAKE WARNINGS FROM HERETICAL, JUDGEMENTAL AND CONDEMNING (so-called MINISTERS) WHO (NOT ONLY) DON'T SPEAK FOR GOD, BUT WHO DISTORT AND MIS-INTERPRET THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST SPREADING HERESY!
Wake up Confrinting! The "facts of Church History have shown over and over and over again--for over 2000 years--that heretic like you "have come and gone" for centuries (and WILL CONTINUE) to do so---YET-----The CHURCH LIVES ON!!!--JUST like Jesus Christ said it would (despite) half-truth condemning and judgemental preachers like you !!!!!!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423384 Feb 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you only "distracted" when I offer scriptural citation?
iPhone on the blink?
Because I cannot remember the subject you were applying the scripture to.

A helpful reminder of what happened three back and forth posts ago is all I ask to go along with your answer. It's called context. Something I like to operate within.

If only we could all be so smart as Dan we wouldn't need iPhones and the Pope would take our messages for us and tell us what to think about them and how to react to them. Or, is that the Cardinal's job? No one knows what they're jobs are because we don't find any justification for their existence! Oh, except that Obama told us he needed those Czars. Wait... I meant Pope and Cardinals, not Czars. Different subject. But, strangely similar.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423385 Feb 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
It does interpret itself. With study, there is no biblical issue you cannot find clarity for with other scripture. That is the beauty of the inspiration. If it were inspired why should I need continued "inspired" people to tell me what it says.
You guys have a layer of middle management and bureaucracy that God never intended to be in the church. This is the whole point!!!!
Apostasy!
It doesn't interpret itself.

You even said so.

You next sentence starts off with "With study", so they may "find clarity". Thus, you are interpreting it.

Thus, you decalre yourself the "middle man".

Problem is, if everyone's the "middle man", an authoritative interpretation cannot be determined.

Lucky for us, Christ established the Church and conferred teaching authority to the Apostles and their successors until His return.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#423386 Feb 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were inspired why should I need continued "inspired" people to tell me what it says.
Do you find sermons boring ;) I do sometimes, its human nature! The "middle management" exists in every church I know of. Unless you are going to set up another denomination of your own :) The problem with private interpretation is everyone comes up with different ideas. You need to have some consistency.

Also the commission is to >preach< the good news. Not >read< the good news. THAT is an important point imho.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423387 Feb 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I cannot remember the subject you were applying the scripture to.
A helpful reminder of what happened three back and forth posts ago is all I ask to go along with your answer. It's called context. Something I like to operate within.
If only we could all be so smart as Dan we wouldn't need iPhones and the Pope would take our messages for us and tell us what to think about them and how to react to them. Or, is that the Cardinal's job? No one knows what they're jobs are because we don't find any justification for their existence! Oh, except that Obama told us he needed those Czars. Wait... I meant Pope and Cardinals, not Czars. Different subject. But, strangely similar.
Took a lot longer to type this mess than it would have to for you to remember the question you asked me yourself and I answered three times now.

Maybe instead of trying to be clever or veering off with expositions on Obama, you could limit your efforts to staying on topic.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#423388 Feb 18, 2013
oh and btw for any lurkers, the good news is that God so loved the world that he gave his only begotton Son and if you believe in Jesus Christ you shall not perish but have eternal life.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423389 Feb 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just google "John Paul II apology" and you'll get some info.
What 1826 Catechism are you referring to?
The question was specifically about the apology from Vatican 2. It was relevant to the topic and this board.

Thomas Jefferson died in 1826. I was referring to the Catechism in effect at that time.

What did Catholic teachings say about Thomas Jefferson's chances of salvation in 1826?

Hint: the RCC's "perfect" teachings changed 100% since then.

The inner defenses are unconscious -- so it is possible you have no idea how much you have been spinning.

You went from Vatican 2 to John Paul II apologies without skipping a beat.

The magic aura that your mind builds around your cherished beliefs allow for such spin.

Arguments which penetrate into the magic aura are not dealt with rationally but by a specific type of pseudo-reasoning.

Like somehow, the church can change a "perfect teaching" 180 degrees -- and the former perfect teaching somehow never existed and there were no consequences of that teaching.

Absurdities and contradictions are made acceptable.

But that doesn't change what would be considered reality or truth in a court of law -- or by any accepted standard of debate.

You have faith, not facts. If a "perfect teaching" changes 180 degrees -- then is was never perfect in the first place.

Thus..... the one-true claim is busted.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423390 Feb 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Took a lot longer to type this mess than it would have to for you to remember the question you asked me yourself and I answered three times now.
Maybe instead of trying to be clever or veering off with expositions on Obama, you could limit your efforts to staying on topic.
I was very much on topic. How is there any difference between a Cardinal and a Czar. Both are paid from the public treasury and neither position has been approved by the founder?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423391 Feb 18, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you find sermons boring ;) I do sometimes, its human nature! The "middle management" exists in every church I know of. Unless you are going to set up another denomination of your own :) The problem with private interpretation is everyone comes up with different ideas. You need to have some consistency.
Also the commission is to >preach< the good news. Not >read< the good news. THAT is an important point imho.
Check my consistency!
The middle management did not exist in the 1st century church and it doesn't exist in Christ's church today.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423392 Feb 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
FM-
Get serious.
I mean, I'll answer questions, but I';m not going to dissect Jack Chick tracts with you.
It's "Benito" and that treaty didn't "empower" the church.
More rationalization.

I posted verifiable facts which you dismiss as Jack Chick mayerial.

But you specifically do not present any evidence to refute the facts.

FACT #1... the RCC palace you call the Vatican was indeed financed largely through the sale of indulgences, adorned with gold stolen from and mined by Indian slaves.

This is factual, Jesus would never call for such a thing, you know it, so your mind dismisses irrefutable fact as somehow Jack Chick.

"... for ye shall know them by their deeds."

FACT #2... Bonito Mussolini gave the Church statehood, and later it used state power (diplomatic immunity) to avoid justice for sexually-abuse orphans and deaf children.

This is factual, Jesus would never call for such a thing, you know it, so your mind dismisses irrefutable fact as somehow Jack Chick.

Mind games, because the facts presented are 100% veritably true.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423393 Feb 18, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. These hard core anti-Catholics hate to be reminded that they have taken a pair of scissors to John's gospel.
I just re-read John 3 and I don't find anything that validates Catholic teaching over any other.

About to re-read John 6. I have no idea what point Dan was trying to make and I have no idea how you think I've taken a pair of scissors to these scriptures.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423394 Feb 18, 2013
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423395 Feb 18, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was specifically about the apology from Vatican 2. It was relevant to the topic and this board.
Thomas Jefferson died in 1826. I was referring to the Catechism in effect at that time.
What did Catholic teachings say about Thomas Jefferson's chances of salvation in 1826?
Hint: the RCC's "perfect" teachings changed 100% since then.
The inner defenses are unconscious -- so it is possible you have no idea how much you have been spinning.
You went from Vatican 2 to John Paul II apologies without skipping a beat.
The magic aura that your mind builds around your cherished beliefs allow for such spin.
Arguments which penetrate into the magic aura are not dealt with rationally but by a specific type of pseudo-reasoning.
Like somehow, the church can change a "perfect teaching" 180 degrees -- and the former perfect teaching somehow never existed and there were no consequences of that teaching.
Absurdities and contradictions are made acceptable.
But that doesn't change what would be considered reality or truth in a court of law -- or by any accepted standard of debate.
You have faith, not facts. If a "perfect teaching" changes 180 degrees -- then is was never perfect in the first place.
Thus..... the one-true claim is busted.
What apology was issued at Vatican II?

Can you cite it? I googled for same and located what I provided-JPII's papcy is Post-Vatican II.

To my knowledge, the Catechism did not teach that any non-Catholic persons are to go to Hell.

I assume that since you're leaning on some 1826 iteration of the Catechism that you actually have it as a reference. Am I incorrect in this assumption?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423396 Feb 18, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
More rationalization.
FACT #1... the RCC palace you call the Vatican was indeed financed largely through the sale of indulgences, adorned with gold stolen from and mined by Indian slaves.
FACT #2... Bonito Mussolini gave the Church statehood, and later it used state power (diplomatic immunity) to avoid justice for sexually-abuse orphans and deaf children.
The treaty did not establish diplomatic immunity, so you're factually incorrect.

Again.

Please cite the slave labor used in construction of the Vatican.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423397 Feb 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Check my consistency!
The middle management did not exist in the 1st century church and it doesn't exist in Christ's church today.
???

No priests nor ministers in early Christianity?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423398 Feb 18, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
More rationalization.
Jesus didn't call for any mining nor construction. Of anything for anything by anyone. Does your home meet with Jesus' disapproval?

Thomas Jefferson owned slaves. Is this why you think the RCC condemned him to Hell?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423399 Feb 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I just re-read John 3 and I don't find anything that validates Catholic teaching over any other.
About to re-read John 6. I have no idea what point Dan was trying to make and I have no idea how you think I've taken a pair of scissors to these scriptures.
Jesus declares baptism a requirement for salvation without any exceptions made.

You would deny an infant baptism as the infant cannot perform an act to your satisfaction. This contradicts scripture.

John 6 has Jesus telling us that we must partake in His Body and Blood. If (I don't know) you believe that your Lord's Supper is simply symbolic of this, this belief contradicts scripture.

You can let me know at your convenience.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#423400 Feb 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're making my point for me.
If one studies to make themselves approved, you can't leave out the means for said person to know they are correct in their conclusions. The Church, given to us by Christ, provides this anchor. Otherwise, everyone decalres themselves "approved". See this board for an illustration of this. "Duelling Bibles".
If everyone is able to instruct themselves in Scripture and thus is free to affirm their personal judgement upon them, then there cannot be a "false teacher"; If everyone is free to render their own verdict upon scriptur,e without appeal to an authoritative interpretation, you get doctrinal chaos-protestantism and its offshoots.
Who is your Anchor Dan , mine is Jesus.
God will teach His people , through the power of the Holy Spirit.
I have been read several post from you and other catholic's on here with out responding to them for the last few days.
Then it hit me you are very confused, your understand of scripture is nil. Confusion is not from God, even your own pope from his own word clearing can't distingish evil from good, citing it was acceptable to sexual abuse children, in the 70's.
Which is a lie, because men and woman in the 70's and before were jailed for having sex with children.
Woman and men who were sexually abused as children have come forward and telling some of the aweful tortured abuse they have suffered as children.(as children they knew what was happing to them was not normal).
I feel very sorry and floored that you all have accepted what has happened to the children of catholic's like yourself.
You also have allowed POpes down through history dictated , what is acceptable because they have said it is, even though anyone with a brain knows in their heart that wrong is wrong .
Do you believe its noraml to sexually abuse children?? if you go along with your pope you do, because if you are not part of the salution you are part of the problem.
Maybe he is trying to make excuses for himself and the priest he has protected over many decades.
It is time for the catholic people to stand united , and speak out against this evil institution.
if any of you are truly christian and love God you would stand on the side of God and not on the side of this evil gross cancer that has ate its way through history.
With all the info you have read and seen and heard you still deny the truth .
God have mercy on your soul, and I pray God protects your innocent children from this evil.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#423401 Feb 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's several examples where it says it:
http://lavistachurchofchrist.org/LVarticles/B...
There were no examples in your link. I skimmed over it and saw nothing to support sola scripture.

I did see something about musical instruments. I find this teaching of your church about as bizarre as I've ever heard. There is no rationale to think God would get offended at His creation for using their gift He gave them, to create beautiful music for Him. I just don't get it.
I really believe this is proof your elders are not guided by the Holy Spirit to truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Pokay 809,697
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min bad bob 176,091
is it a good idea to date a mexican guy? (Feb '09) 19 min latina girl 179
Whatsapp group Hot n Sexy for guys and girls 20 min Nilam sexy 44
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 26 min Naked Truth from ... 39,609
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 32 min Gaza lives 121,333
concerned 40 min concerned22639 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 55 min Naked Truth from ... 608,194
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr RADEKT 268,883
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 5 hr yes lover 162
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 11 hr Coco 203
More from around the web