Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599929 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423367 Feb 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
NT scripture is where we locate Christ's teachings. I consider that worthy of my extra attention in a discussion of Christian faith.
Sanctimonious answer for a question that wasn't asked.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423368 Feb 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sanctimonious answer for a question that wasn't asked.
Why are you only "distracted" when I offer scriptural citation?

iPhone on the blink?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423369 Feb 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Scripture alone can point out the false teachers.
Not following scripture alone creates the chaos in the world of denominations.
"Scripture alone" has informed the false teacher.

How now to "point out" the false teacher, since he uses the same instrument to inform himself and has concluded differently?

"Scripture alone" is the father of chaos.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423370 Feb 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You cited those scriptures for which of your positions? Please make an effort to elaborate, Dan, so someone working on a house, outside, can use their iPhone to keep up. I don't have the luxury of time or laptop ease to go back two or three posts, sometimes more when its Dan, to know what was being discussed.
Third time:

The Real Presence of Christ at the Eucharist (John 6) and salvific baptism (John 3).
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423371 Feb 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He apologized for sins of omission and commission done in the name of the Church. Nominally, the Crusades and acts during the Inquisitions.
The Catechism did not instruct these actions done, no.
Thank you Dan. That is not what I have read however.

"It apologized for contributing to Christian disunity and the mistakes made during the Counter-Reformation."

http://www.netplaces.com/catholicism/moderniz...

Crusades, Inquisitions? I didn't realize. Please post links. Thanks.

Otherwise, WHAT Catechism are you talking about?

Today's Catechism, or the Catechism as written in 1826?

There bare some BIG differences in those "perfect teachings" that you rationalize away.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423372 Feb 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Scripture alone can point out the false teachers.
Not following scripture alone creates the chaos in the world of denominations.
Scripture doesn't interpret itself.

You just said that study is required. Thus, it requires an interpreter.

I agree with this-divinely inspired text requires divinely inspired interpretation.

You agree with it also. You regard the canon of the Bible as sacred scripture. The Church declared the canon of the Bible.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423373 Feb 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Scripture alone" has informed the false teacher.
How now to "point out" the false teacher, since he uses the same instrument to inform himself and has concluded differently?
"Scripture alone" is the father of chaos.
"... for ye shall know them by their deeds."

Let's see? Start with the RCC's Jesus palace, financed largely through the sale of indulgences, adorned with gold stolen from and mined by Indian slaves.

Were those really the wishes of Jesus?

Did Jesus really use -- Bonito Mussolini -- to empower the Church, so that later it could use that power to avoid justice for sexually-abuse orphans and deaf children?

That's what some people would call "rationalization."

Dude, even you must believe God is greater than that.

"... for ye shall know them by their deeds" makes perfect sense.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423374 Feb 18, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
"It apologized for contributing to Christian disunity and the mistakes made during the Counter-Reformation."
There bare some BIG differences in those "perfect teachings" that you rationalize away.
Just google "John Paul II apology" and you'll get some info.

What 1826 Catechism are you referring to?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423375 Feb 18, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
"... for ye shall know them by their deeds."
Let's see? Start with the RCC's Jesus palace, financed largely through the sale of indulgences, adorned with gold stolen from and mined by Indian slaves.
Were those really the wishes of Jesus?
Did Jesus really use -- Bonito Mussolini -- to empower the Church, so that later it could use that power to avoid justice for sexually-abuse orphans and deaf children?
That's what some people would call "rationalization."
Dude, even you must believe God is greater than that.
"... for ye shall know them by their deeds" makes perfect sense.
FM-

Get serious.

I mean, I'll answer questions, but I';m not going to dissect Jack Chick tracts with you.

It's "Benito" and that treaty didn't "empower" the church.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423376 Feb 18, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
News piece you may find helpful. It doesn't actually have a assumptive persecutorial base, but you may still find it useful.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0003/1...
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#423377 Feb 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Third time:
The Real Presence of Christ at the Eucharist (John 6) and salvific baptism (John 3).
lol. These hard core anti-Catholics hate to be reminded that they have taken a pair of scissors to John's gospel.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#423378 Feb 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
i AM NOT ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST AS YOU CATHOLIC'S ARE..
.. GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
I DON'T ADD WORSHIP OF MARY...
I believe typing in caps is the equivalent of shouting?

You have some strange opinions about Catholics, taken from anti-catholic websites? Have you read the other side of the debate, how Catholics justify their beliefs?
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#423379 Feb 18, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Only about 5% of humanity today practices the "one-true" faith fully. Germany has lost almost 1/3 in the past 10 years
Fsith in growing in Africa, South America and Asia. It is declining in Europe and North American. Christian numbers continue to grow. We are just ignorant of the success outside of the West.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423380 Feb 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture doesn't interpret itself.
You just said that study is required. Thus, it requires an interpreter.
I agree with this-divinely inspired text requires divinely inspired interpretation.
You agree with it also. You regard the canon of the Bible as sacred scripture. The Church declared the canon of the Bible.
It does interpret itself. With study, there is no biblical issue you cannot find clarity for with other scripture. That is the beauty of the inspiration. If it were inspired why should I need continued "inspired" people to tell me what it says.

You guys have a layer of middle management and bureaucracy that God never intended to be in the church. This is the whole point!!!!

Apostasy!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423381 Feb 18, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. These hard core anti-Catholics hate to be reminded that they have taken a pair of scissors to John's gospel.
It's the illogical that kills me.

You can't proclaim be "scripture alone" by disavowing the Church or the sacrament of the Eucharist. It's antitheical on its face.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423382 Feb 18, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe typing in caps is the equivalent of shouting?
You have some strange opinions about Catholics, taken from anti-catholic websites? Have you read the other side of the debate, how Catholics justify their beliefs?
Of course not, silly.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#423383 Feb 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
**** NEITHER ARE WE CATHOLICS ASHAMED!! WE LISTEN, BELIEVE AND ADHERE TO THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST --"EACH AND EVERY DAY AT MASS"

i AM NOT ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST AS YOU CATHOLIC'S ARE..
***** ONLY A "DISORIENTED-HOSTILE-VIND ICTIVE PREACHER" WOULD
MAKE AN IGNORANT STATEMENT SUCH AS THIS

I DON'T ADD WORSHIP OF MARY...idolatry or attempt to alter the word of GOD to fit fables As you CONSTANTIN'S DO.
***** WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS BEFORE! WE (DON'T) WORSHIP MARY OR IDOLS! GET IT THROUGH YOUR "VACUUM BRAIN" CONFRINTING!

I HAVE NO DESIRE TO INSULT THE HEAVENLY FATHER IGNORING HIS WORD AND AND ATTEMPTING TO WRITE MY OWN AS YOU CATHOLICS HAVE DONE.
*****YOU "INSULT" THE HEAVENLY FAITH WHEN YOU TWIST, AND MANIPULATE, BY (IGNORING) THE TRUE INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE AND USING VENGEANCE AND HATE IN ATTACKING JESUS CHRIST AND HIS ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED NUMEROUS TIMES...
******I/WE AS CATHOLIC CHRISTIANS (WHO ARE TRUE FOLLOWERS OF JESUS CHRIST) DON'T TAKE WARNINGS FROM HERETICAL, JUDGEMENTAL AND CONDEMNING (so-called MINISTERS) WHO (NOT ONLY) DON'T SPEAK FOR GOD, BUT WHO DISTORT AND MIS-INTERPRET THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST SPREADING HERESY!
Wake up Confrinting! The "facts of Church History have shown over and over and over again--for over 2000 years--that heretic like you "have come and gone" for centuries (and WILL CONTINUE) to do so---YET-----The CHURCH LIVES ON!!!--JUST like Jesus Christ said it would (despite) half-truth condemning and judgemental preachers like you !!!!!!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423384 Feb 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you only "distracted" when I offer scriptural citation?
iPhone on the blink?
Because I cannot remember the subject you were applying the scripture to.

A helpful reminder of what happened three back and forth posts ago is all I ask to go along with your answer. It's called context. Something I like to operate within.

If only we could all be so smart as Dan we wouldn't need iPhones and the Pope would take our messages for us and tell us what to think about them and how to react to them. Or, is that the Cardinal's job? No one knows what they're jobs are because we don't find any justification for their existence! Oh, except that Obama told us he needed those Czars. Wait... I meant Pope and Cardinals, not Czars. Different subject. But, strangely similar.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423385 Feb 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
It does interpret itself. With study, there is no biblical issue you cannot find clarity for with other scripture. That is the beauty of the inspiration. If it were inspired why should I need continued "inspired" people to tell me what it says.
You guys have a layer of middle management and bureaucracy that God never intended to be in the church. This is the whole point!!!!
Apostasy!
It doesn't interpret itself.

You even said so.

You next sentence starts off with "With study", so they may "find clarity". Thus, you are interpreting it.

Thus, you decalre yourself the "middle man".

Problem is, if everyone's the "middle man", an authoritative interpretation cannot be determined.

Lucky for us, Christ established the Church and conferred teaching authority to the Apostles and their successors until His return.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#423386 Feb 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were inspired why should I need continued "inspired" people to tell me what it says.
Do you find sermons boring ;) I do sometimes, its human nature! The "middle management" exists in every church I know of. Unless you are going to set up another denomination of your own :) The problem with private interpretation is everyone comes up with different ideas. You need to have some consistency.

Also the commission is to >preach< the good news. Not >read< the good news. THAT is an important point imho.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ladies how old were you when you started mastur... (Dec '13) 2 min gasmtastet 6
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 3 min dGo mDaedn lyHo i... 33,184
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min RiccardoFire 6,525
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Catcher1 865,350
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 14 min Amit1989 464
The Christian Atheist debate 18 min Truthiness 2,018
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 6,314
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 hr REASHMA 7,503
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) Sat Frannie 44
More from around the web