Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,718
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#423213 Feb 17, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Can you imagine preston, JESUS, who relied on the scriptures of the Old, and by the way everlasting covenant of HIS Jewish people,would not expect that His Apostles would NEVER write down the things they saw and heard from His own lips? How ridiculous to use that ploy that Jesus never left a manuel or wanted a book.DAN and all the Catholics should know better,they have a zillion books on the subject of Christ,who are they trying to kid?
in your previous reply, you asked the question(rhetoric, of course) about any of his siters not being with mary. now I cant prove this of course, but one sister might have been there with the name of Salome. and we do know that this name is also given as the mother of james and john, and allegely a sister of mary[which I dont agree with] according to rc tradition[ In Roman Catholic tradition Salome is identified with Mary, mother of James and counted as Mary Salome among the Three Marys.]

but I do believe that this salome was a very good friend of mary, hence my opinion(which is all that it is)that mary named one of her daughters after this good friend

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#423214 Feb 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You've pretty much proved you're irrelevant on this forum. But I'll play along to your stupid word play (and btw ox, the way you toy around with sacred scripture is nothing short of a sin)
"All have sinned" would not include Jesus Christ nor Mary nor any infant.
Now please don't do this with our Holy Book. It does not belong to you and you've got no business trying to teach on it. Ok?
The holy bible belongs to all whom receive its intended purpose just as Jesus saves those who believe in him you fool! How dare you tell someone they have no business teaching the bible when you have no idea what a quarter of the scripture means and that's obvious based on the fact that your a catholic!
Clay

United States

#423215 Feb 17, 2013
Saint wrote:
I do not believe in any Catholic authority, however, my church, Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon) are taught NOT to judge other religions! Many good and godly people can be found in each of them. One has no "God Given" right to judge them, even when beliefs differ. This is what we need to do, especially as fellow Christians - does not the Bible say: "Judge not, least ye be judged!" ?
Ooh, I wouldn't announce your Mormon faith on this forum. They'll surround you like a pack of wolves and pounce on ya.
Catholics however, would enjoy your company and would respect your religious views.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#423216 Feb 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. Been there done that.
Go toy around with the Mormons scriptures. Leave ours alone.
Then your words are nothing but hot air...

Quote: Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where the Catholic Church AND Catholics believe sacred tradition, catechism and Magistrium is "above the Bible?

Its Sunday Ox, I really don't think you should be bearing false witness today.(or any day for that matter)

Location hidden

#423217 Feb 17, 2013
Saint wrote:
I do not believe in any Catholic authority, however, my church, Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon) are taught NOT to judge other religions! Many good and godly people can be found in each of them. One has no "God Given" right to judge them, even when beliefs differ. This is what we need to do, especially as fellow Christians - does not the Bible say: "Judge not, least ye be judged!" ?
You are correct sir! No one has the God given right to judge any religion unless its the catholic religion! It's obvious they are not the one true church based on that comment alone! I wouldn't go to a catholic church unless I was looking for spiritual death and I wanted to have someone else pretend they could forgive me for my sin! Imagine that a priest forgiving me that's as useless as believing the pope could actually bless me and I would actually prosper from it!
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#423218 Feb 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh??
Um, ugh.. Duh, I don't see Christ ordering anyone to compile a Bible. Do you?
Don't you think that this is why the New Testament wasn't even written until 30-50 yrs after Jesus Christ died??
give it up clay, even with oral teachings of the Words of jesus, the Apostles also thought it was necesary to write down His word, as well as luke who started his treatise with those words.

when a person LOVES THE LORD, they dont NEED to be ORDERED to share HIS Words with other people. and you ought to be ashamed of yourself with this type of atitude towards His Word.
qixlix

Pittsburgh, PA

#423219 Feb 17, 2013
http://youtube.com/watch... Rock or a Hard Place or just luck
Clay

United States

#423220 Feb 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>give it up clay, even with oral teachings of the Words of jesus, the Apostles also thought it was necesary to write down His word, as well as luke who started his treatise with those words.
when a person LOVES THE LORD, they dont NEED to be ORDERED to share HIS Words with other people. and you ought to be ashamed of yourself with this type of atitude towards His Word.
The New Testament wasn't written until 30-50 yrs after Christ died. Why?
One theory might be that the Apostles realized Christ wasn't coming back while they were still alive. So some of wrote down their memoirs. Paul didn't write until 58 AD according to historians.

Regardless, the Church is what Christ instituted. And that was already in place..

United States

#423221 Feb 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
Huh??
Don't you think that this is why the New Testament wasn't even written until 30-50 yrs after Jesus Christ died??
-
-
It is amazing your inability to bring logic into any of your arguments. Or, maybe not so amazing - I suppose the ability to reason about things for yourself has been commandeered by the Catholic hierarchy's indoctrination.
-
FYI - Clay ... the BIBLE is NOT the property of the Catholic church.
It is God's gift to all mankind and YOUR CHURCH tried to suppress it, because they did not want people questioning what the Catholic hierarchy was doing.
-
The Jews were not selfish with the Hebrew text. They made meticulous copies so all of mankind could read it. This is why it is still available for us today. NOT because of the Catholic church.
-
Again: THERE IS NO GOOD REASON FOR A TRUE CHRISTIAN TO HIDE THE WORD OF GOD FROM THE PEOPLE. This is what the Catholic church did. They, in fact, tortured and murdered those who had copies of the scriptures. A TRUE Church would NOT do that - because a TRUE church would have NOTHING TO HIDE.*THEREFORE* Catholicism CANNOT be the true religion. period.
-
By denying the people the right to read the Scriptures, the Catholic church has CREATED the confusion that is now prevalent in the numerous denominations.
-
-
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>give it up clay, even with oral teachings of the Words of jesus, the Apostles also thought it was necesary to write down His word, as well as luke who started his treatise with those words.
-
-
True Christians want to SHARE THE GOOD NEWS with everyone. Not hide it at the Vatican libraries.
-
-
SO CLAY ....
IF YOU CAN SHOW ME ONE GOOD REASON FOR HIDING THE SCRIPTURE FROM THE PEOPLE, I WILL RETURN TO BEING CATHOLIC.
Clay

United States

#423222 Feb 17, 2013
ironman77 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct sir! No one has the God given right to judge any religion unless its the catholic religion! It's obvious they are not the one true church based on that comment alone! I wouldn't go to a catholic church unless I was looking for spiritual death and I wanted to have someone else pretend they could forgive me for my sin! Imagine that a priest forgiving me that's as useless as believing the pope could actually bless me and I would actually prosper from it!
"no one has the right to judge any religion unless its the Catholic religion"
Lol. Gee thanks bud. I guess its ok to judge people as long as they are Catholic.. You wouldn't happen to have a scripture verse that supports this eh?

You're nothin but a bigot. Get in line with the rest of em .
Clay

United States

#423223 Feb 17, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
It is amazing your inability to bring logic into any of your arguments. Or, maybe not so amazing - I suppose the ability to reason about things for yourself has been commandeered by the Catholic hierarchy's indoctrination.
-
FYI - Clay ... the BIBLE is NOT the property of the Catholic church.
It is God's gift to all mankind and YOUR CHURCH tried to suppress it, because they did not want people questioning what the Catholic hierarchy was doing.
-
The Jews were not selfish with the Hebrew text. They made meticulous copies so all of mankind could read it. This is why it is still available for us today. NOT because of the Catholic church.
-
Again: THERE IS NO GOOD REASON FOR A TRUE CHRISTIAN TO HIDE THE WORD OF GOD FROM THE PEOPLE. This is what the Catholic church did. They, in fact, tortured and murdered those who had copies of the scriptures. A TRUE Church would NOT do that - because a TRUE church would have NOTHING TO HIDE.*THEREFORE* Catholicism CANNOT be the true religion. period.
-
By denying the people the right to read the Scriptures, the Catholic church has CREATED the confusion that is now prevalent in the numerous denominations.
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
True Christians want to SHARE THE GOOD NEWS with everyone. Not hide it at the Vatican libraries.
-
-
SO CLAY ....
IF YOU CAN SHOW ME ONE GOOD REASON FOR HIDING THE SCRIPTURE FROM THE PEOPLE, I WILL RETURN TO BEING CATHOLIC.
The Catholic Church did not hide our Bible silly.
Folks for 2,000 yrs could here the Gospel at every mass; everyday. We recite two readings from the OT and two from the New.
I suppose you'll say the CC had the technology of the printing press for a thousand yrs- but kept it hidden so you people couldn't read our scripture.
Oops, I hope i didn't just insert another conspiracy theory into your brain.
marge

Ames, IA

#423225 Feb 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh??
right clay, they wrote God's Word without God knowing about it lol.

United States

#423226 Feb 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church did not hide our Bible silly.
Folks for 2,000 yrs could here the Gospel at every mass; everyday. We recite two readings from the OT and two from the New.
I suppose you'll say the CC had the technology of the printing press for a thousand yrs- but kept it hidden so you people couldn't read our scripture.
Oops, I hope i didn't just insert another conspiracy theory into your brain.
It's

NOT

YOUR

BIBLE.
-
BUT

the

Catholic

Church

Murdered

*heretics*

for

reading

it.
-
Folks did NOT hear the gospel every day for 2000 years. lol
They heard what the Catholic Church wanted them to hear.
-
The Catholic church did NOT have the printing press.
-
But they had something FAR MORE IMPORTANT. They had the BIBLE and they kept it hidden from the people.
-
-
THERE IS NO BLASPHEMY WORSE THAN THAT.
-
I WOULD GO SO FAR A TO SAY THAT IS THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN.
-
Denying the power of Holy Spirit is the unforgivable sin.
-
Knowledge brings greater responsibility and the church suppressed the full body of knowledge of the Scriptures - thus denying God's Holy Spirit.
-
http://niv.scripturetext.com/hebrews/10.htm
26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.
-
-
CLAY ...
-
IF you keep Jesus' words, "you will know the truth and the truth will set you free."
from what?
you will be set free from all the lies.
-
But how can one "keep Jesus' words" if the Catholic church hides them from the people?
-
Once again:
THERE IS NO GOOD REASON FOR A TRUE CHRISTIAN TO HIDE THE WORD OF GOD FROM THE PEOPLE.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#423228 Feb 17, 2013
Saint wrote:
I must admit that's a nice attitude, thank you.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#423229 Feb 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
right clay, they wrote God's Word without God knowing about it lol.
marge, you're smart :)

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#423230 Feb 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your words are nothing but hot air...
Quote: Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where the Catholic Church AND Catholics believe sacred tradition, catechism and Magistrium is "above the Bible?
Its Sunday Ox, I really don't think you should be bearing false witness today.(or any day for that matter)
Oh, the RCC relies heavier on Tradition than anything else. I don't fall for that manmade stuff. No insult to you, honest.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#423231 Feb 17, 2013
ironman77 wrote:
<quoted text>
The holy bible belongs to all whom receive its intended purpose just as Jesus saves those who believe in him you fool! How dare you tell someone they have no business teaching the bible when you have no idea what a quarter of the scripture means and that's obvious based on the fact that your a catholic!
There have no doubt been hundreds of religious books written - so why is the bible the only one taken seriously?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#423232 Feb 17, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
It's
NOT
YOUR
BIBLE.
-
BUT
the
Catholic
Church
Murdered
*heretics*
for
reading
it.
-
Folks did NOT hear the gospel every day for 2000 years. lol
They heard what the Catholic Church wanted them to hear.
-
The Catholic church did NOT have the printing press.
-
But they had something FAR MORE IMPORTANT. They had the BIBLE and they kept it hidden from the people.
-
-
THERE IS NO BLASPHEMY WORSE THAN THAT.
-
I WOULD GO SO FAR A TO SAY THAT IS THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN.
-
Denying the power of Holy Spirit is the unforgivable sin.
-
Knowledge brings greater responsibility and the church suppressed the full body of knowledge of the Scriptures - thus denying God's Holy Spirit.
-
http://niv.scripturetext.com/hebrews/10.htm
26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.
-
-
CLAY ...
-
IF you keep Jesus' words, "you will know the truth and the truth will set you free."
from what?
you will be set free from all the lies.
-
But how can one "keep Jesus' words" if the Catholic church hides them from the people?
-
Once again:
THERE IS NO GOOD REASON FOR A TRUE CHRISTIAN TO HIDE THE WORD OF GOD FROM THE PEOPLE.
For two thousand yrs, people could come into the Church building and hear 4 readings from the Bible as well as experience the scriptures come alive during the Eucharistic Liturgy. Now you tell me how the CC kept it hidden? Man, they brought the Gospel to every corner of the Earth and many died proclaiming it.
Of course, what you realty mean, is the CC didn't print it off and hand it to nut job Ideologues to 'figure out their own Christianity'. Duh

Jesus wouldn't want 42,000 Guests running around telling people what the scriptures are saying.

Question Guest,

WHY WOULD GOD

ESTABLISH
THE
HOLY
BIBLE WITHOUT
AN EARTHLY
AUTHORITY TO SAFEGUARD
AND
INTERPRET IT
FOR THE
FAITHFUL?

Guess what Guest, He did. Its the Holy Catholic Church. You are on the outside of it and have no business teaching on sacred scripture.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#423233 Feb 17, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, the RCC relies heavier on Tradition than anything else. I don't fall for that manmade stuff. No insult to you, honest.
If you been to a Catholic Mass, you'd hear more Bible then you ever heard at any gathering of Christians.
There is the readings (two from the OT and two from the NT) then there is constant prayers that are all mirrored in scripture. Then there is the Liturgy of the Eucharist that is straight from the Bible.
The Mass is sacred tradition. And witnessing it is experiencing Holy Scripture and tradition forever entwined and inseparable.
This is the way it was in every decade since Christ.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423234 Feb 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. Been there done that.
Go toy around with the Mormons scriptures. Leave ours alone.
Mormon writtings are not from Gods Chosen people the Jews which was a vessel of his inspired word that we as gentiles are grafted into by becoming the children of promise through Christ. This how we also become Abrahams seed through Grace not the Catholic Church and it's false doctrine that is contrary to scripture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 12 min His Holines dr Sh... 39,588
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Next Victim Please 808,966
Moses never existed 18 min KiMare 1,249
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 35 min His Holines dr Sh... 608,133
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 97,855
Any horny boys??? 2 hr Dean 3
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 hr Wordsworth 5,536
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 268,803
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 6 hr Arul 5,623
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 17 hr Mille1234 93
More from around the web