Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
407,561 - 407,580 of 532,477 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
So they were immediately Apostles?
Does the Bible describe them as such?
They became priests. They were conferred Christ's authority to teach.

Acts 6:7
7 So the word of God spread. The number of disciples in Jerusalem increased rapidly, and a large number of priests became obedient to the faith.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are?
You don't use many verses to do it.
My one was more than you had.

You told me it didn't happen in the first place.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Under normal circumstances only a priest baptizes.
This comment you yourself said was addressed to the Apostles. How do you change the rules on this? It was either addressed to the Apostles only or not.

Don't forget, all Christians are Priests. The Bible does not discriminate.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Once before a big surgery my Elders put their hands on me and prayed for me - but that didn't make me an Elder. Frankly, I do not meet the requirements of being an Elder.
Did Stephen and the others meet all of the requirements to be called an Apostle?
The true Apostles had special powers and those they laid hands upon did as well, but no one afterwards.
If true Apostles existed today they could sit in Emergency Rooms and heal everyone before their treated. What better ministry would there be than that? Imagine the converts! That would be much more effective than Dr Lou commercials.
You're fishing.

You were wrong before-you denied that the Apostles had ordained anyone, so now you're simply skipping a layer of people and repeating the same false conclusion.

No one said Apostles lived today or that being one of the 12 Apostles succeeded to today. I didn't. We were discussing ministerial authority.

Straw man (again). Your name should be "Straw Man Fan".
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You mentioned the dress.
I mentioned visible and hierarchical, salvific baptism and the Eucharist having the Real Presence-all in scripture.
Your church offers none of these.
No wonder you're busy looking at clothing.
Explain those please.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Older men means more experience......
More experience means more maturity.....
So, all old Christians have ministerial authority and can teach scripture with this authority.

Really.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
Their mailing address caused an apostasy.
How about organizing the church in a way not prescribed in scripture for starters.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
7 So the word of God spread. The number of disciples in Jerusalem increased rapidly, and a large number of priests became obedient to the faith.
Where does it say THEY were "priests" any differently than a christian is a priest? They weren't disciples?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So we agree - there were no more Apostles after the initial Apostles!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're fishing.
You were wrong before-you denied that the Apostles had ordained anyone, so now you're simply skipping a layer of people and repeating the same false conclusion.
No one said Apostles lived today or that being one of the 12 Apostles succeeded to today. I didn't. We were discussing ministerial authority.
Straw man (again). Your name should be "Straw Man Fan".
So you are admitting there are no more Apostles.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just name someone that the Church teaches is in Hell.
It was YOUR claim. I don't have to make your argument too, do I?
Dan keeps spinning.

1... I never wrote that the RCC teaches that a specific person is in Hell. However, we can easily infer who they would be by RCC teachings on what was specifically required for salvation.

2... I DID write that the RCC teaches that specific persons are in Heaven.

Did the RCC specifically teach that Thomas Jefferson was in Hell? Of course not. But according to RCC teachings at the time, Thomas Jefferson would surely be in Hell.

Dan is left to playing word games.
Yahchanan

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Satan Is A woman....
The roman catholick church is the beast....the woman that sits on seven hills named after seven different gods.
That has trashed the bible defiled it.changed the laws changed the feast days for pagan holidays.And to be honest I don't think Yahshua was killed on no cross it was just a pole.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just name someone that the Church teaches is in Hell.
It was YOUR claim. I don't have to make your argument too, do I?
You avoided the specific example I gave...

I asked -- "Is Martin Luther in Hell? Has the RCC changed its teachings on this situation in the past 500 years?"

Dan is left spinning.

“OneLordOneFaithE ph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
Star a million faithful showed up for the USA's Presidents inauguration last month out of a nation of 300 million and a city of what 4 million out of Nation that is 50% Democrat.

In contrast

When Pope Benny came 25000 out of a city of 25 million showed up, out of a nation of 200 million of which 70 % claimed to be RC.

The numbers were disappointing and embarrassing not my words but the RCC's words.

So white wash the fact the RCC has lost some 30 million RC's to evangelical fellowships in 6 years or so.

Claim all you want that when you bow before a graven image of a blonde haired blue eyed statue of a so called Marry who was from the line of David brown eyed olive skinned, pray before her to intercede and forgive your sins as do millions of RC's claim she's the Mother of God who is non-created being that this is not Idolatry. BUT IS IDOLATRY the Bible says so not me.

YOU could not commit an act that fits every criteria of Idolatry better you have all the bases covered.

This is not throwing stones this pointing out the Obvious and any Open minded rational logical Brazilians who now read the bible for all its worth now see how utterly wrong RC doctrine and practice concerning Mary is they are LEAVING by the MILLIONS.

The RC has taken Goddess worship to new absurd heights and it will be its undoing.

Pretty soon the RCC will have her in charge of lighting and thunder the Mary mythology is a run away bull, PUN intended LOL

Please save your disengenous I feel sorry for you on the keyboard it makes you look smug and puffed up.
No, 25,000 showed up for mass only . I mentioned nothing about the people lined up on the street. Not all in brazil had tickets…. They are free but you do need tickets for the mass. Duh!
You wouldn’t know this b/c you are a protestant!!!!

We honor Blessed Mother Mary. This is not idolatry… in your mind it might be, so stay with it, protestant.[you can’t love Blessed Mother more then Jesus did] Jesus said 'Behold your mother" while dying on the cross.

Sure Brazilians read the bible and interpret it to their liken. This is why you guys can not agree on Scripture. LOL 42k different protestant churches, how many in Brazil?

We are still NUMERO UNO IN BRAZIL, lol only 22% are protestant and I wonder how many agree with one another. Judging from this board, you guys are always disagreeing about something. Question for you, how many attend your church???? 30 or so??? lol

The mass in Brazil 2007
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:BentoX...
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:BentoX...

This is in Holy Scripture…be sure to open your bible and read it.
Or do you just skip over it??
The Magnificat (found in Luke 1:46-55) is the Blessed Virgin Mary's canticle praising our Lord.

And CIE, I feel sorry for you b/c you are so lost!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
So they were immediately Apostles?
Does the Bible describe them as such?
“The Church Is Apostolic (Eph. 2:19–20,
The Church Jesus founded is apostolic because he appointed the apostles to be the first leaders of the Church, and their successors were to be its future leaders. The apostles were the first bishops, and, since the first century, there has been an unbroken line of Catholic bishops faithfully handing on what the apostles taught the first Christians in Scripture and oral Tradition (2 Tim. 2:2).”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting in a post above you state don't even celebrate the pledge of allegiance

I was wondering why a RC would in light of the fact you are defending openly a constitution that guarantees the right to murder unborn children.

Mmm the brain washing looks complete in this one.
Catholics ALWAYS defend the unborn.
FYI, the RCC fights the Obamanation daily!!!

Duh, I said the JW DO NOT SAY THE PLEDGE of Allegiance.
Catholics do!!!!!!
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>but the difference between me and You is this. I am like Paul, you are like the men of ephesus, You dont know what it is like to have the holy Ghost in your life since you are not Saved.that water did no more to Save you than the Catholics tap water experience.
all it did was get you wet. that is it.and I am telling you this for your own good.(God told me to let you know that)
By reading your many post at some point in time God according to YOU gas told you everyone on this thread is unsaved but you.

Yes that about somes it up.

Sad Very Sad little man.
Yahchanan

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Protestant "distorted reply"! It is interesting how you "conveniently" insert the word (Catholic) into the book of Revelations, where-ever and when-ever "it fits into" your anti-catholic hostile, and vengeful "bible only" heretical beliefs.
The TRUTH of Jesus Christs(biblically and historically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church has, is and will continue to be thee "way, the TRUTH, and the life" despite the Protestant lies, distortions and deceit that have (unsuccessfully attempted to undermine) the Catholic Church, for over 500 years)-----YET-----
THE CHURCH LIVES ON!! and will CONTINUE TO LIVE ON Because Jesus HIMSELF---said it would in Matt 16:13-21
No sorry you are wrong it is not his church he takes no part in it when Yahweh And Yahshua Left they have not touched this world in any way because he is letting us through our sin destroy it.So many brainwashed sheeple in this world who claim to know the truth but in fact they do not why?????because they never reverenced the father not even your man made god.I was raised A baptist And was lied to from the get go...taught to worship A god And come to find out....The god that the world worships is man made They changed his name and turned him into a god the very thing he warns you not to worship. And he even says so you will cause them to forget my name.And the world has.
The roman catholick church And this is fact changed the laws changed the sabbath done away with the feast days.And this is supposed to be a righteous church I don't think so.Well I have to admit it is all a mixture of righteousness and evil And here lately evil.And understanding of the scripture only comes from the reverence of Yahweh And not no man made god.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you've seen the news about the pope and I was curious as to how can you resign when God supposedly has placed you in the position as His spokesman?
It saddens me that our pope will resign..
He knows when to leave, if he can’t carry on the work of the Lord.

“The pope, known for his conservative doctrine, did not intend to influence the decision of the cardinals who will enter a secret conclave to elect a successor, Vatican spokesman Father Lombardi Federico said.

Benedict stepped up the Church's opposition to gay marriage, underscored the Church's resistance to a female priesthood and to embryonic stem cell research.

A new leader of the world's 1.2 billion Roman Catholics could be elected as soon as Palm Sunday, on March 24 and be ready to take over by Easter a week later, he said.”

The pope told the cardinals that in order to govern "...both strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognize my incapacity to adequately fulfill the ministry entrusted to me."
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>so you are now saying that people under the Old Covenant were never Saved.
tell that to old moses and lige.lol
THEY MADE IT, YOU GOT IT TO MAKE.
HANK, NOTHING HAS CHANGED, AND YOU SHOULD TELL SABAN THAT. EVEN AT MY ADVANCED AGE, I STILL AINT TO DULL WHEN IT COMES TO THE WORD OF GOD.
by Faith only did God count it for rightousness looking forward to the cross and shedding of his blood same for today and looking back and by faith that through God's grace is man saved. Faith entails doing our first works over and keeping the commnadments and ordinaces that Christ gave us that produce the fruits of the spirit and those works do follow us unto the ressurrection when we are made incorruptable.

Remember those were VISIONS of Moses and Elijah and parables Christ taught.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

535 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min I LOVE TORTURING ATHEISTS 720,319
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min Catcher1 172,283
Last Word + 2 6 min andet1987 25
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min shyam 4,564
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 8 min andet1987 162
Why was the cities of sodom and gomorrah burnt ... 11 min yon 8
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Dr_Zorderz 256,404
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Dave Nelson 224,053
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••