Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
407,521 - 407,540 of 532,770 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong wrong wrong if baptism and communion saved Jesus would not have to gave Himself for us.
You have to trust in Him alone. You have to believe this or your not obeying and He won't send you His Spirit.
I guess you don't understand, Marge, that it is the working of God in your baptism......

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Whom does the Church tell us is NOT in Heaven?
One or two names will suffice.
Just in case you are fretting about the last post.....

- since I am part of the "Church", I was allowed to voice that post openly.

If you would like more names, just ask.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why in the world are so you hung up on this stupidity of being "in Christ". If a person is Saved, then Christ is inside of us. the complete opposite of what you love to tell us.
In Christ....there is forgiveness of sins through the precious blood of Jesus.....
I am sorry, but this statement has to be the dumbest that you have ever made.look at what you are saying and hopefully you will see what I see and that is a BIG CONTRADICTION.LOL
this foolishness or yours can stop at any time. you never acted like this for many years until this "newbie "came on board.
I know you have a problem, Preston, with these two little words 'in Christ'......

Where, Preston, is every spiritual blessing located???
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why in the world are so you hung up on this stupidity of being "in Christ". If a person is Saved, then Christ is inside of us. the complete opposite of what you love to tell us.
In Christ....there is forgiveness of sins through the precious blood of Jesus.....
I am sorry, but this statement has to be the dumbest that you have ever made.look at what you are saying and hopefully you will see what I see and that is a BIG CONTRADICTION.LOL
this foolishness or yours can stop at any time. you never acted like this for many years until this "newbie "came on board.
Your ignorance here is very high. Just do a search to find how many times the Bible mentions "in Christ".

I'd suggest you study this!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're just playing Protestant and providing your personal interpretation of scripture.
No I am not. Show me where your interpretation that Jesus is "God" is valid?

Using Jesus' own words is the best advantage you have, yet you have none.

So now you use that "attack the messenger" style of refutation.

Why? What are you afraid of if Jesus is not "God"?
- becoming Protestant?
- showing your honesty?
- the supposed "truth" of your religion, that you've beleived for so many years, is a false doctrine?

Open your eyes and ears is was what Jesus asked of us. Not to sit back and let others tell us what to believe, as you have.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I can get that from my mailman. Why would I care about yours?
I didn't ask you to care about me, but you sure are thinking that I matter in some way, if you had to ask.

Believe in all of what Jesus taught, you won't have to worry about others.
(55) Jesus says:

(1)"Whoever does not hate his father and his mother cannot become a disciple of mine.
(2) And whoever does not hate his brothers and his sisters (and) will not take up his cross as I do, will not be worthy of me."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.
If only you knew that this one word is so truthful, but you don't.

Bummer for you.

Move past the words and understand their meaning.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>so you are now saying that people under the Old Covenant were never Saved.
tell that to old moses and lige.lol
THEY MADE IT, YOU GOT IT TO MAKE.
HANK, NOTHING HAS CHANGED, AND YOU SHOULD TELL SABAN THAT. EVEN AT MY ADVANCED AGE, I STILL AINT TO DULL WHEN IT COMES TO THE WORD OF GOD.
Bout as sharp as a bowling ball.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>but the difference between me and You is this. I am like Paul, you are like the men of ephesus, You dont know what it is like to have the holy Ghost in your life since you are not Saved.that water did no more to Save you than the Catholics tap water experience.
all it did was get you wet. that is it.and I am telling you this for your own good.(God told me to let you know that)
So, Preston, what does 'wash away' mean???

rachats.....

to wash, wash off, wash away, bathe

to wash, wash off, wash away

to wash, bathe (oneself)

to be washed

to wash oneself

What are we suppose to 'wash away,' Preston???

What are we to be free of, Preston???
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If we are teaching/preaching, Dan, we are interpreting.....
Why are we commanded to have Elders??? Notice more than one....
Why are we suppose to have respect and go to our Elders???
An Elder/s should be able to teach/preach....which shows spiritual maturity and growth.
We aren't commanded to have "elders" as you use it-people older than ourselves.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>so you are now saying that people under the Old Covenant were never Saved.
tell that to old moses and lige.lol
THEY MADE IT, YOU GOT IT TO MAKE.
HANK, NOTHING HAS CHANGED, AND YOU SHOULD TELL SABAN THAT. EVEN AT MY ADVANCED AGE, I STILL AINT TO DULL WHEN IT COMES TO THE WORD OF GOD.
If you are not dull when it comes to the Word of God, Preston, then why can't you see what God has written in scriptures???

I didn't write these scriptures, God did....
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It matters if you make the claim and then counter-claim it, doesn't it?
Hang on here. I've NEVER said the Apostles were not the foundation. I disagreed with Peter being the ROCK you refer to when it is actually the confession of belief that Jesus is the son of God that is the ROCK.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>jESUS said to His diciples,"receive ye the Holy Ghost and He breathed on them'
John 20: 22
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
now since that has been settled as to WHEN they received the holy Ghost, you now need to know what this "Power on High"was, dont you? when you find out then, tell me.lol
I can read it and tell you easily. but I aint going to tell you, since you cant understand the Things of God.
and I am a [Witness] to you. I wondered WHY God wanted me to tell you in my last post to you.
Conclusion of His earthly ministry, Preston....

After Jesus' resurrection and before His ascension...

Jesus breathed on the apostles to reveal His identity as divine...

This was foreshadowing of the Spirit..... in which they were to receive on the day of Pentecost.

Wasn't it God's breath that brought Adam to life???

How about them dry bones??? lol...

‘I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.'

"Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it,‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live.’"

Physical breath is essential/necessary to physical life...

The Holy Spirit (God’s breath) is essential/necessary to spiritual life.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Hank, this is pathetic that you would ever stoop to this level, it does show that you are not Saved, that you have no testimony(witness) for the Lord.
1 Peter 3:15,“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.”
that my friend is a [WITNESS] that a Chrsitian is to give to any man that asks him.
had enough of this drivel. later.even catholic ignorance didnt cause me to want to puke as much as reading this from you and saban
Yes, a witness to the Word of God....

But, not a witness as in an apostle...

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Dan wrote:

"It matters if you make the claim and then counter-claim it, doesn't it? "

New Age writes:

A perfect example of the "Catholic two-step".
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
.....and you believe that when the last Apostle drew his last breath, that was that.
Everyone was left to fend for themselves, with no authority to turn to for instruction.
Right?
No one was having to fend for themselves. God is with Christians. Christians are "in Christ". I have an authority to turn to for instruction (the Bible), and if those churches put in place the governing body that is found in scripture, they had Elders that met the requirements for elders and they had Deacons that met the requirements for Deacons. Those Apostles did their duty. There is no mention in scripture of them passing anything along except the faith they were instructed to teach.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Hank, this is pathetic that you would ever stoop to this level, it does show that you are not Saved, that you have no testimony(witness) for the Lord.
1 Peter 3:15,“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.”
that my friend is a [WITNESS] that a Chrsitian is to give to any man that asks him.
had enough of this drivel. later.even catholic ignorance didnt cause me to want to puke as much as reading this from you and saban
Preston,

You should know me by now....I don't put my business/testimony all over this forum....it is not necessary.....

To witness means to present Christ.

What success is in witnessing???

Sharing......sharing Christ with others.....

But, the sharing is determined by the openness of a person, Preston.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one was having to fend for themselves. God is with Christians. Christians are "in Christ". I have an authority to turn to for instruction (the Bible), and if those churches put in place the governing body that is found in scripture, they had Elders that met the requirements for elders and they had Deacons that met the requirements for Deacons. Those Apostles did their duty. There is no mention in scripture of them passing anything along except the faith they were instructed to teach.
Sure there is .

They ordained others.

Cmon, man-you're putting yourself out as the bible guy here. Why am I constantly pointing things out to you that are in scripture?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We aren't commanded to have "elders" as you use it-people older than ourselves.
Why would God use the word "elders???" And more than one???
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Several examples in Acts.

Acts 6:6 to name one.

Did you tear this page out or something?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would God use the word "elders???" And more than one???
You used the word in context as "people older and more mature".
Patriot

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

METEORITE EXPLODES OVER RUSSIA, HUNDREDS INJURED

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp=5082077...

This is just a sample of what is to come when the appointed time for GOD'S final warnings to mankind arrive - His Wrath against wickedness - see Trumpets 2 & 3, I believe Trumpet 4 will be due to volcanic activity.

http://niv.scripturetext.com/revelation/8-6.h...

----

REMEMBER GOD'S Instructions AND Remember He wins this war that began in heaven, it could be no other way - Trust Him:

http://niv.scripturetext.com/revelation/14-6.... He describes His people in vs 12

http://niv.scripturetext.com/revelation/18.ht...

http://bible.cc/revelation/7-14.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

474 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word + 2 6 min andet1987 79
Shock Poll: 40% Still not Sure Obama is America... 7 min Fa-Foxy 23
6.5 inches big or small? (Feb '13) 7 min andet1987 12
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 11 min JOHN 4,700
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min BenAdam 720,520
Birthers question Obama's citizenship and passport (Oct '11) 30 min yon 71
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 30 min Raghav 496
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr eyeful 172,395
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 256,493