Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646364 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#423065 Feb 16, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
There was. The Catholic Church is the church Christ established.
We're good here.
----
Mah words:

Thanks for proving my words!!!! "But...Catholics deny the truth...that is their mainstay"...

History shows the Catholic Church did not come on the horizon until Emperor Constantine, in circa 312, from paganism, established it....

Location hidden

#423066 Feb 16, 2013
032 015

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
There was. The Catholic Church is the church Christ established.
We're good here.
----------
Mah words:

Plus....Christ not referring to the seven churches in Rev 2 as "Catholic" or "the church in Rome"..because they were not...

The following shows "Pope" made the scent some 300 years after Christ, supposedly, made Peter the first Pope!!!!!

The title "Pope" was from the early 3rd century a general term used to refer to all bishops. From the 6th century the title began to be used particularly of the Bishop of Rome, and in the late 11th century Pope Gregory VII issued a declaration that has been widely interpreted as stating this by then established Western convention. By the same 6th century this was also the normal practice of the imperial chancery of Constantinople.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#423067 Feb 16, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>I do NOT consider Justin Martyr one of the apostles his opinion carries no weight on Gods inspired scripture.
Ok, then who's opinion does carry weight according to you?
(remember, I'm not an idiot. I can see the chaos of opinions on here.)

Are you just going with your opinion as authoritative?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#423068 Feb 16, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
There was apostasy already at work at the time of Paul. Justine died in 165 AD. Yet the Nazarenes were keeping the true Sabbath.
So were the Jews. What's your point?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#423069 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>I do NOT consider Justin Martyr one of the apostles his opinion carries no weight on Gods inspired scripture.
One more thing. Justin Martyr was only one person removed from Peter, Paul, John and the others.
Meaning, he learned Christianity from somebody who actually studied under the Apostles.
This lineage is so close, I'm baffled why you'd toss out what this man had to say about Christianity.

You claim he goes against Gods inspired word?
Well, that's just heartbreakingly stupid 7th.

In fact, you'd have no clue that it was 'Gods inspired scripture' if it wasn't for men like Justin Martyr.

The kinda ignorance it takes to be one of you guys baffles the mind...
MICHAEL

Canada

#423070 Feb 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
005 998 932
<quoted text>
The Bible also teaches: God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.
I know! Makes no common sense.

God, all knowing, all powerful, all loving..........but jealous??

Its obvious that your just hoping God is going to punish me. I just know it.(lol)

You need to lighten up a little. I am sure God has a sense of humour.
MICHAEL

Canada

#423071 Feb 16, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Something happens to their brains when they think their faith is reality.
De fide statements by three Pope and the Council of Trent suddenly were someho0w never relevant in RCC teaching.
The brain has exploded.
That is why the church is in utter chaos.

Did you read about Reverend Merciel that was in charge of the Legion of Christ. For years he not only molested children and women, he fathered children, and suckered some poor catholic woman for $60 MILLION and bequeathed the money to the holy see to pay for vocations of the priesthood, and probably pocketed a few million for himself.

Who is in charge in the vatican??

.......catholics need to wake up and start putting blame where it belongs.

. The only problem is. Where do they start? Scandal, after scandal, and now the Pope claims he is too POOPED, to Pope anymore.

UNBELIEVABLE!

MICHAEL

Canada

#423072 Feb 16, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Something happens to their brains when they think their faith is reality.
De fide statements by three Pope and the Council of Trent suddenly were someho0w never relevant in RCC teaching.
The brain has exploded.
Were on here to get to the bottom of things.

I love my job!!

United States

#423073 Feb 16, 2013
guest wrote:
God CREATED the PHYSICAL UNIVERSE ... and the physics behind the PHYSICAL universe.
-
We now have ways to measure the physics.
-
"Granite cannot be heated to a molten state" ..
-
How did granite GET HERE if it was not first MOLTEN?
-
FYI: Granite SOLIDIFIED FROM A MOLTEN STATE!
-
Therefore: YOU fail miserably.
-
-
socci wrote:
No science.
How did the first tree get there, from a molten state? No, God created it.
Radio halos proves granite formed in less than 1 minute. God created it just 6000 years ago as the Bible says.
Bible right again!
-
-
How did the first tree get there? God created it.
-
How did Adam get here? God created him ...
-
But in Adam's account God gives a little more *scientific* detail.
-
God said he formed Adam FROM THE DUST OF THE GROUND.
From DUST you came to DUST you shall return. Said God.
The Bible proves to be right -AND- this is another basic law of physics. CONSERVATION OF MATTER.
-
The Tree was formed from the dust of the ground, too ... God just didn't give us as much detail as he did when describing the *raw materials* from which he created Adam.
-
-
Here's God's recipe (sounds like Dust Of The Ground to me):

Oxygen (65%)
Carbon (18%)
Hydrogen (10%)
Nitrogen (3%)
Calcium (1.5%)
Phosphorus (1.0%)
Potassium (0.35%)
Sulfur (0.25%)
Sodium (0.15%)
Magnesium (0.05%)
Copper, Zinc, Selenium, Molybdenum, Fluorine, Chlorine, Iodine, Manganese, Cobalt, Iron (0.70%)
Lithium, Strontium, Aluminum, Silicon, Lead, Vanadium, Arsenic, Bromine (trace amounts)

Now, given this list of ingredients, could your Dr. Gentry 'create' a man in his lab?
I doubt it. He would need the same conditions as God had for creating Adam.
-
Just as he does not have the same conditions to create *granite* in the lab, he does not have the same conditions to create *man* in the lab.
-
But GOD could create man form this recipe.
MICHAEL

Canada

#423074 Feb 16, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was, what was light for the first three days before the sun & stars was created. It was God's light that separated day/night. There was no other light.
socci.......says.... It was God's light that separated day/night.

Michael says,....and you know this because??

GE 1:12, Plants began to grow before there was sunlight??........only if they are mushrooms.

United States

#423075 Feb 16, 2013
socci wrote:
No science.
How did the first tree get there, from a molten state? No, God created it.
Radio halos proves granite formed in less than 1 minute. God created it just 6000 years ago as the Bible says.
Bible right again!
-
-
guest wrote:
-
How did the first tree get there? God created it.
-
How did Adam get here? God created him ...
-
But in Adam's account God gives a little more *scientific* detail.
-
God said he formed Adam FROM THE DUST OF THE GROUND.
From DUST you came to DUST you shall return. Said God.
The Bible proves to be right -AND- this is another basic law of physics. CONSERVATION OF MATTER.
-
The Tree was formed from the dust of the ground, too ... God just didn't give us as much detail as he did when describing the *raw materials* from which he created Adam.
-
-
Here's God's recipe (sounds like Dust Of The Ground to me):
Oxygen (65%)
Carbon (18%)
Hydrogen (10%)
Nitrogen (3%)
Calcium (1.5%)
Phosphorus (1.0%)
Potassium (0.35%)
Sulfur (0.25%)
Sodium (0.15%)
Magnesium (0.05%)
Copper, Zinc, Selenium, Molybdenum, Fluorine, Chlorine, Iodine, Manganese, Cobalt, Iron (0.70%)
Lithium, Strontium, Aluminum, Silicon, Lead, Vanadium, Arsenic, Bromine (trace amounts)
Now, given this list of ingredients, could your Dr. Gentry 'create' a man in his lab?
I doubt it. He would need the same conditions as God had for creating Adam.
-
Just as he does not have the same conditions to create *granite* in the lab, he does not have the same conditions to create *man* in the lab.
-
But GOD could create man form this recipe.
-
So see, the science is correct.
-
EVERYTHING got here form the molten state!

First it was molten ... then it cooled off and solidified.
-
THEN the atoms were combined in different percentages to "create" different forms of Animal, Vegetable and Mineral.
... but not necessarily in that order.:)

United States

#423076 Feb 16, 2013
This is a common typo of mine. I apologize.

from & form
guest wrote:
But GOD could create man *form* this recipe.
..... it should read as *from*
guest wrote:
-
So see, the science is correct.
-
EVERYTHING got here form the molten state!
First it was molten ... then it cooled off and solidified.
-
THEN the atoms were combined in different percentages to "create" different forms of Animal, Vegetable and Mineral.
... but not necessarily in that order.:)
-
EVERYTHING got here *form* the molten state!
..... it should read as *from*

sr'y
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423077 Feb 16, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, then who's opinion does carry weight according to you?
(remember, I'm not an idiot. I can see the chaos of opinions on here.)
Are you just going with your opinion as authoritative?
I believe one should stick with what is in scripture and traditions that Jesus and the Apostles kept not the ones that are man made tradition or opinion by the Catholic Church or any other denomination, Pope, Justin Myer and Clay that comes along.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423078 Feb 16, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing. Justin Martyr was only one person removed from Peter, Paul, John and the others.
Meaning, he learned Christianity from somebody who actually studied under the Apostles.
This lineage is so close, I'm baffled why you'd toss out what this man had to say about Christianity.
You claim he goes against Gods inspired word?
Well, that's just heartbreakingly stupid 7th.
In fact, you'd have no clue that it was 'Gods inspired scripture' if it wasn't for men like Justin Martyr.
The kinda ignorance it takes to be one of you guys baffles the mind...
Martyr, also known as just Saint Justin (AD 100–ca.165

We know he didn't get it directly from the horses mouth and also you will find in John's scriptures that the church's had already fell to corruption.
Also the scriptures also say even Now there are many Anti-Christ.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#423079 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>I believe one should stick with what is in scripture and traditions that Jesus and the Apostles kept not the ones that are man made tradition or opinion by the Catholic Church or any other denomination, Pope, Justin Myer and Clay that comes along.
I don't know who you think you're fooling... But you do not go with what's in scripture. You go with whatever you need to see in scripture to fit your ideology.

Jesus held up the bread and said, "THIS IS MY BODY". You say nope. Our Lord said the flesh profits Nothin, therefore he must of meant a symbol.
Paul said whoever takes the bread and wine unworthily will be guilty of "profaning the body and blood of Our Lord" . You say Paul didn't really mean his actual body, he meant something else..

Jesus told Peter he was the rock upon which he'll build His Church.
You say nope, Jesus meant something else. Christians must have got it all wrong.

Jesus never told anyone to create a New Testament and neither did the Apostles.
You say,'who cares, we're using it now.'

You and the other Nimrods are attempting to build your own tower to Heaven using sola scripture. Its already tipped over but you refuse to acknowledge it.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#423080 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>Martyr, also known as just Saint Justin (AD 100–ca.165
We know he didn't get it directly from the horses mouth and also you will find in John's scriptures that the church's had already fell to corruption.
So that quickly, Jesus already let the Church fall into corruption, even tho He promised to be with them til the end of the world... He promised the gates of hell wouldn't prevail against it?

To skirt around this - without directly calling Christ a liar - you simply say that Jesus didn't really mean a Church, He meant something else.
He promised to be with the Apostles, not anyone else.. So He must have meant something different..

I know I'm putting words in there on what I think you might say. If I'm wrong then tell me the conspiracy scenario you guys subscribe to, because its really confusing for me to follow along.

Location hidden

#423081 Feb 16, 2013
070 005 998 932
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I know! Makes no common sense.
God, all knowing, all powerful, all loving..........but jealous??
Its obvious that your just hoping God is going to punish me. I just know it.(lol)
You need to lighten up a little. I am sure God has a sense of humour.
Seeing as to how much you know about Him, I am not putting much stock into what you think He has!!!!!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#423082 Feb 16, 2013
<quoted text>Martyr, also known as just Saint Justin (AD 100–ca.165
I don't want to come across as insulting to you.
You're a decent person on here. You never call people names and you truly love the Lord just like me.
I don't understand your religion though. You say things all got corrupted at some point immediately after the Apostles died off. Right?

Your say Justin Martyr was corrupted; his theology was wrong- even though he heard the Gospel from someone who know the Apostles personally.

But what about Saint Ignatius of Antioch who was the generation before Justin, and DID hear the word from the Apostles? Were HIS writings corrupted too?
"wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be, as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give communion without the consent of the Bishop. On the other hand, whatever has his approval is pleasing to God, thus will be safe and valid"

Or

"take note to those who hold heterodox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ who has come to us. They refrain from the Eucharist because they do not confess the Eucharist is the flesh of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Flesh which suffered for our sins and the Father, in His goodness, raised up again. They who deny this gift are perishing in their disputes"

You can't deny that this is what the Apostles taught. This is exactly why the Catholic and Orthodox still believe this 2,000 yrs later and will not bow down to any of the thousands of private interpreters tellin us 'we got it all wrong'. You guys are like little buzzerds picking apart the Holy Church from every angle imaginable. It reeks of something evil- although you yourself may not be evil -you're inadvertently being pawns of the Devil by trying to tear apart his arch enemy.
truth

Morley, Australia

#423083 Feb 16, 2013
No clay

Jesus walking alive trough earth between sinners..he love sinners as well help them..he know who watching Creation.

Log is not mother Mary milk.
Every Spirit is not Holy.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#423084 Feb 16, 2013
PoPz wrote:
<quoted text>
It does say forgive. I do not deny Scripture. But at this time I despise this imposter. To hate a lie is not a sin. To be unforgiving is. Like I said I do not preach. Never the less obama is a liar who despises our Constitution, and who despises Truth as depicted by the Bible. His actions is what judges obama. It seems that you are one of the clueless that voted for him. A Christian democrat/liberal is an oxymoron. And any Christian that voted for obama was in gross error. Just like those fools that ordained gay priests & same sex marriage. Fornication, adultery, homosexuality, etc, etc. It is all sin! Romans chap 1.
~~~

I am not offended ...I refuse to be..

If I allow a person to offend me ...and I respond

to their offense...in anger...

I have let them make me angry....they are manipulating/controlling my emotions.

I refuse give any one that much authority over me to control my actions.

But

I did not say to vote for Obama....I certainly did not.

I said the Bible requires us to forgive Him and pray for

him as one in authority..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Lbj 47,999
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min WelbyMD 281,223
How do I own a forum? 12 min king_detonator 1
2003 Silverado 2500HD REDUCED ENGINE POWER (Dec '09) 12 min Bakke101 158
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min VIKING 971,575
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 31 min cmorris827 719
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 51 min Freebird USA 182,619
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 58 min Rosa_Winkel 105,586
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 7 hr Brian_G 12
More from around the web