Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
407,441 - 407,460 of 536,826 Comments Last updated 10 min ago
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
Hank, that man died the following week, I dotn know if he ever gave his heart to he Lord between the time that I spoke those words on he died. I just dont know. one thing that I do know is that he ahd refused the Holy Ghost speaking to him many years ago, and he never felt the drawing power of God ever again.
and it takes the drawing power of God for a person to step up and give their life to the Lord. we just cant get saved whenever we want to. and that Is Bible, you can accept it or not.all I can do is tell you the Truth. my feeling towards that man is that now, he would have had to step out without that drawing Power and asked God to forgive him, and I beleive that is what it would have taken.
Is that a contradiction? Of course not, not if You know God and His love and His grace and mercy.
it turns out that that man came to that church because of my cousin, who he knew that he was related to him, and for that reason he started to come there.and what God knew but that man and I didnt know was this. I also was related to him. Jim and my grandmother(whose last name was the same as that man) were one and the same.
I [heard] that wind that morning, but I didnt [see] it.
since I know Him, I can understand His works and His words, you cant.
The simple question would be:

Was this man 'outside of Christ' or 'in Christ'???

Outside of Christ...there is NO forgiveness of his sins....

In Christ....there is forgiveness of sins through the precious blood of Jesus.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol. I heard that mighty rushing wind ONCE, back in 1984 almost 2 years after I was Saved, and I couldnt hear very well all day, until I went to church that night and a man, a lonely man, a lonely UNSAVED man was sitting in the back, and God told me to go back and speak to him these words.:God loves you", and i did and going home, my cousin,(the Pastor) asked me what I said to him and I told him. then I was able to hear again.
Hank, I like you, I really do, but you know nothing about the Spiritual things of God and you never will until you get saved.
again that sound was a sign that He had come into the room,but was not the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, because then He comes and lives INSIDE of you. that wind was outside of them until he Indwelled with them.
SEE and HEAR
you can NOT SEE THE HOLY GHOST DONT ACT STUPID NOW.you will only see the fruits of Him living inside a person.
and that word [SEE]was in neither of those translations, so why did you try and use it to prove your lie? how many times have I said that a person can not use a lie to prove the TRUTH?
BTW, Preston, I like you, too....

I believe that you love the Lord, too....
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show me scriptural evidence how one knows they've been called by God to be an authority on scripture?
My Bible informs me that all Christians are pch/verse.riests. It tells us all to study to show ourselves approved.
The main problem is that you as a Catholic don't need scriptural evidence for what you do. The Catholic church has replaced itself for Jesus and the Apostles teachings.
We know the Church has authority. See Christ's commission to the apostles.

I'm sure you know the chapter/verse.

The "main problem", if there is one, is that you continue to proclaim against evidence provided that the Catholic church does indeed have scriptural basis for its beliefs.

A straw man argument.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show me scriptural evidence how one knows they've been called by God to be an authority on scripture?
My Bible informs me that all Christians are priests. It tells us all to study to show ourselves approved.
The main problem is that you as a Catholic don't need scriptural evidence for what you do. The Catholic church has replaced itself for Jesus and the Apostles teachings.
Well I gotta hand it to you Saban...

All of Protestantism for the first 300 yrs, at least acknowledged the historic fact, that the Catholic Church were the ones started by the Apostles. But they claim they got all messed up when Constantine legalized the faith. Then the Church went on a downward spiral until the invention of the printing press enabled the regular folk to get their hands on the Bible.
Even Martin Luther didn't deny the obvious historic truth:
"we are compelled to concede to the Papist, that they have the word of God. We received it from them, and without them, we should have no knowledge of it at all"

But you and the Church of Christ??
Heck, you just throw out all historic fact and claim you were the ones from the beginning!!! You carried the Bible for 1500 yrs. YOUR monks hand copied it word for word.
That is as bold as it gets.
Saban, that is as cult as it gets!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>Hank, go back and read the words of John the Baptist.
John the Baptist baptism
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
if those people that John Baptised were not forgiven of their sins, why is mark saying that he preached and baptised this Baptism for the remission of sins.
Hank, you and saban need to find you another thread to talk about your false teachings and beleifs. because they are jsut like the catholics teach, with ONLY this exception. the catholcis do water baptism at an early age with infants,
you and your church do water baptsim with adults.
AND BOTH OF YOUR CHURCHS ARE WRONG.
is the Bible lying or is your church wrong?
John's baptism (REPENTANCE) could not save anyone......he was just preparing the way......forward-looking/looki ng-forward to Christ's redemptive work......

NOW,

JESUS [[[changed]]] the AUTHORITY into which one is baptized....looking-backwards into His death, burial and resurrection......

To which we can identify:

Colossians 2:9-10

9 For 'in Christ' all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

10 and 'in Christ' you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>Hank, go back and read the words of John the Baptist.
John the Baptist baptism
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
if those people that John Baptised were not forgiven of their sins, why is mark saying that he preached and baptised this Baptism for the remission of sins.
Hank, you and saban need to find you another thread to talk about your false teachings and beleifs. because they are jsut like the catholics teach, with ONLY this exception. the catholcis do water baptism at an early age with infants,
you and your church do water baptsim with adults.
AND BOTH OF YOUR CHURCHS ARE WRONG.
is the Bible lying or is your church wrong?
Since John's baptism in under the Old....we have:

Hebrews 9:15

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—[[[[[now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.]]]]]

Now that He has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins COMMITTED under the first covenant....

The blood of our precious Savior SAVED them from the bondage of sins COMMITTED under the OLD TESTAMENT....
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
No mike that's not what i'm saying? Just as your statement is typical of those on these sites with no formal education on subjects. You pick and choose what you want to believe in the bible and push these unsupported statements on those who would believe repunzel spun gold out of straw.

Most people of faith are so based on what family belief system they were indoctrinated into from childhood. Right? Right! I am sure if you were born a Jew, you would believe their theories, and you wouldn't find your way to catholicism.

The bible a group of books of confusion.

Jews theories disagree with christian beliefs. Protestants disagree with catholics, catholics disagree with protestants.....all groups using the very same so called inspired words of god to establish their own conflicting doctrines.

Why would God create a book that even today creates confusion for world theologens, arguing against its meanings, and trained religious interpretors disagreeing with each other over word terminologies.

Wouldn't God have a set of books created that were crystal clear for all to understand the same?

Unless you can prove your belief trumps everyone elses. The bible is BUSTED!
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The "main problem", if there is one, is that you continue to proclaim against evidence provided that the Catholic church does indeed have scriptural basis for its beliefs.
A straw man argument.
How can you prove that Christ's commission to the Apostles carried on beyond the Apostles to anyone other than Christians - and Christians only. Christians are priests (Rev. 1:6, 5:10, 20:6).

The Apostles did their job. They are the foundation of the church, but they are also gone. They've died and reached their reward and those that are saved will see them someday.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>nope, it is just your understanding of what is written. first you used the words of the rushing wind which they couldnt see.
now you are TALKING about what has happened after they are filled and BAPTISED, and they could [see] the RESULTS, which is just what I said, about the FRUITS OF THE HOLY GHOST AS WELL AS THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY GHOST.
you cant [see] the Holy Ghost so dont act dumb, since I know that you arent. as i said that morning, I heard the Holy Ghost, but I did not see Him, and I knew what he wanted me to do(fruits) and I did it(fruits),but this was months after I was already baptised in water , and almost two years after I was Saved and Baptised by the holy Ghost.
you will never know what you are now talking about until you first get saved, and you arent now. and that is to bad. we need all of the soldiers that we can get, but as it is now, you are against us and God by believing and teaching these false doctrines of your church.
and my words now are what some people wanted me to say to you beforehand but I didnt until you bring up these false teachings.
What were the apostles suppose to be for Jesus???

WITNESSES....

And, what were the apostles suppose to wait for???

Luke 24:46-49

46 He told [[[them,]]](APOSTLES)“This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day,

47 [[[[[and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.]]]]]

48 ~~~~~You are witnesses of these things.~~~~~

49 I am going to SEND YOU (APOSTLES) what my Father has PROMISED; but [[[[[stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”]]]]]

Apostles were going to receive the Holy Spirit Baptism....beginning of Acts Chapter 1....apostles have to be WITNESSES.....

Acts 1:8

8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my [[[WITNESSES]]] in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

Acts 2:2-3

2 Suddenly a sound like the [blowing of a violent wind] came from HEAVEN and filled the whole house where they were sitting.

3 They [[[SAW]]] what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them.

Acts 2:4

4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to [SPEAK] in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

The Holy Spirit baptism was one measure of the Holy Spirit given to the apostles, the select few in the upper room, and the House of Cornelius.

Only Christ had the Holy Spirit without measure.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen..
There has also been a desire in mn to worship and Idol..as the Roman Catholics do today.
THESE THINGS WRITTEN ABOVE DON'T JUST HAPPEN THEY ARE CAUSE...
THEIR IDOLATRY is the reason that their priest have turned to sexual perversion, sodomy and homosexuality.
What a bunch of anti-catholic BS!!!Confrinting--this is just more of the same old (bible only) distortion of the TRUTH,--lies and deceit that YOU (and you alone) are "so famous for"...... Satan must be rejoicing, knowing that he has a "so-called Christian minister" working for him, spreading his lies, venom and hate against Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church....... Idol worship??? Your "snake oil" condemning and judgmental ministry does not speak for God. Never has---Never will... Until you come to the TRUTH of true salvation in Jesus Christ, knowing that he is the ecumentical Savior of the World. Your hostile, hate-filled, antagonistic attacks against the TRUE faith of other Christians--especially Catholics will continue... Until that time comes, your bible only ministry is "nothing but a hoax and fraud.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
A straw man argument.
Dan,

We (Christians) are all commissioned to share the gospel....not just the apostles....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Are we (Christians) suppose to be witnesses for Christ today???

NO!!!!

Why???

Because we NOW have the Word of God.....

We are disciples of Christ or followers of Christ...not witnesses....
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I gotta hand it to you Saban...
All of Protestantism for the first 300 yrs, at least acknowledged the historic fact, that the Catholic Church were the ones started by the Apostles. But they claim they got all messed up when Constantine legalized the faith. Then the Church went on a downward spiral until the invention of the printing press enabled the regular folk to get their hands on the Bible.
Even Martin Luther didn't deny the obvious historic truth:
"we are compelled to concede to the Papist, that they have the word of God. We received it from them, and without them, we should have no knowledge of it at all"
But you and the Church of Christ??
Heck, you just throw out all historic fact and claim you were the ones from the beginning!!! You carried the Bible for 1500 yrs. YOUR monks hand copied it word for word.
That is as bold as it gets.
Saban, that is as cult as it gets!
The Word can be effective and protected through the good and the bad. Some of the most credible witnesses to the fact that there was a Jesus and there was a resurrection were writers of old that tried to discredit it. In their attempt to discredit the Christ God used them to help bring credibility to the facts that cannot be denied, Jesus lived, walked the earth, and has no grave.

I'm not sure if the point I'm trying to make will be understood, but God's Word will survive. History shows that the Word has spread most effectively when Christians are being persecuted for their faith and when all they believe in seems to be lost.

Look at the worship practices and the church government the inspired Apostles implemented and we read about in scripture. Does that look like the Catholic church or the church of Christ?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

God words is alive +
God words is trustworthy truthful +
God words never died +
Everything will past my words not.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader
This forum is to debate the merits of the assertion that the RCC is the one true church.
If you wish to go to the Christianity forum and debate the above I would be glad to you would be easy pickens.
However over the years all I have seen you do here is try to stir the poo poo.
With regards to your first assertion Jesus never said he was God yes he did it is Biblical if you wish to make a proper thread for this let me know and I will be there.
For Now let me show you are a biblical dumb dumb.
Exodus 3:14 (NASB95)
14 God said to Moses,“I AM WHO I AM”; and He said,“Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel,‘I AM has sent me to you.’”
John 8:58 (NASB95)
58 Jesus said to them,“Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.” you can not say it any clearer Jesus clearly says he is the I AM the name God gave himself in the OT.
Who did John say Jesus was
Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jn 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
Jn 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
Jn 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
Jn 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
Jn 1:6 There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John.
Jn 1:7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe.
Jn 1:8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
Jn 1:9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
Jn 1:11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
Jn 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—
Jn 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Who did Paul say Jesus was
Colossians 2:9 (NASB95)
9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,
This has all been gone over in the past, and still nothing stated by Jesus to confirm he says he is "God". But you will still paly the misleading card. Why?

All I see in your posts are insults towards me, and lots of men saying Jesus is "God", but yet you didn't supply one specific quote from Jesus saying, "I am God".

Why do you read more into the text than what is necessary?

This is your error. You've accepted what men have stated - without researching these words, all the while, not going by what Jesus stated.

Back to Christianity 101 for you.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
However over the years all I have seen you do here is try to stir the poo poo.
Yes - Christianity is "poo-poo" and I am stirring in the things to cleanse it.

If that is a crime, I'll speak with your "God" when I get there.

Thanks for your concern.

Self.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

truth wrote:
Every spirit is not holy.
Stop trying to mislead.

You don't knwo this to be true or false.

Unless you can physically show evidence of your claim that there are good and bad spirits.

If not, admit your fault and move on.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Yes to all Christ promise.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

nevaehheaven
nn evaehheave is that your jahve
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo
http://bible.cc/numbers/14-14.htm
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

.. Catholics believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs, will spend all of Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering, yet you boast and consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

More christians per capita in american prisons than non believers....UNBLIEVABLE!

BUSTED!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

488 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Huh 729,350
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min Freebird USA 172,886
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min New Age Spiritual... 599,510
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 11 min shyam 879
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min JudgeNJury 259,027
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 13 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,136
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 18 min Falcon 649
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr Faith 117,685
•••