Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658723 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422880 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think at this point it's your job to actually rebut me, as opposed to
being the ecclesial "fashion police", right?
This is a rebuttal:

And they wore their costumes and spent their money on and listened to their tremendous pipe organs during worship in the castles they constructed to impress people.- No - it's NOT there.
Apostacy took place rendering it man's church. A denomination. Not Christ's church.

....because you can't find any of this nonsense in the scriptures. It makes my point for me that the church you read about in scripture is not at all the current man-made Catholic church.

You have no true guide except for the men (did you notice that word, men) that tell you what you can believe and that interpret the scripture for you because obviously you folks can't be trusted with it. Please enter the Catholic church and leave your God given intelligence outside. Write checks so we can build big monuments to ourselves and buy costumes to show you how special we are.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422881 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
At the time of the writing, the Churches hadn't been aligned organizationally, but they weren't seperate "churches".
They held common belief.
Crack open a history book.
And that's when Apostacy took shape. Not doing it God's way. Violating the instructions Paul gave us about holding to what he and the apostles had taught and not deviating. That's when you quit being the church of Christ and formed Catholicism.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422882 Feb 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And they are suppose to be older men and more mature men....it is scriptural....
Um, people get older on their own without Christ commanding it. That's probably not what He meant.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422883 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure there is .
They ordained others.
Cmon, man-you're putting yourself out as the bible guy here. Why am I constantly pointing things out to you that are in scripture?
You are?
You don't use many verses to do it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422884 Feb 15, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, your faith paints you into a corner with its prior claims.
The RCC has made at least three very strong de fide statements that there is no salvation outside the Church; and that "no one" is saved who does not submit to Her pope?
Now it has been back-peddling on those statements, which is a good thing. The problem is that they were made "infallibly," so the RCC can't just come out and admit it was wrong.
So you and others are left to spinning and twisting words.
Is Martin Luther in Hell? Has the RCC changed its teachings on this situation in the past 500 years?
Spin, spin, spin.
Just name someone that the Church teaches is in Hell.

It was YOUR claim. I don't have to make your argument too, do I?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422885 Feb 15, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
So in the Catholic church only an Apostle can baptize.?.?
Under normal circumstances only a priest baptizes.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422886 Feb 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 6:6
6 They presented these men to the apostles, who prayed and laid their hands on them.
And what happened when the people that the apostles laid their hands on DIED???
The power DIED with them.....
Only the APOSTLES could hand it down....
They ordained others.

C'mon, man.

Christ gave it to them, they passed it to others via ordination.

A minute ago, you told me it died with the Apostles-you were wrong there, obviously.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422887 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, people get older on their own without Christ commanding it. That's probably not what He meant.
Older men means more experience......

More experience means more maturity.....
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422888 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Several examples in Acts.
Acts 6:6 to name one.
Did you tear this page out or something?
So they were immediately Apostles?

Does the Bible describe them as such?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422889 Feb 15, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a rebuttal:
And they wore their costumes and spent their money on and listened to their tremendous pipe organs during worship in the castles they constructed to impress people.- No - it's NOT there.
Apostacy took place rendering it man's church. A denomination. Not Christ's church.
....because you can't find any of this nonsense in the scriptures. It makes my point for me that the church you read about in scripture is not at all the current man-made Catholic church.
You have no true guide except for the men (did you notice that word, men) that tell you what you can believe and that interpret the scripture for you because obviously you folks can't be trusted with it. Please enter the Catholic church and leave your God given intelligence outside. Write checks so we can build big monuments to ourselves and buy costumes to show you how special we are.
You mentioned the dress.

I mentioned visible and hierarchical, salvific baptism and the Eucharist having the Real Presence-all in scripture.

Your church offers none of these.

No wonder you're busy looking at clothing.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422890 Feb 15, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's when Apostacy took shape. Not doing it God's way. Violating the instructions Paul gave us about holding to what he and the apostles had taught and not deviating. That's when you quit being the church of Christ and formed Catholicism.
Yeah.

Their mailing address caused an apostasy.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422891 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Several examples in Acts.
Acts 6:6 to name one.
Did you tear this page out or something?
Once before a big surgery my Elders put their hands on me and prayed for me - but that didn't make me an Elder. Frankly, I do not meet the requirements of being an Elder.

Did Stephen and the others meet all of the requirements to be called an Apostle?

The true Apostles had special powers and those they laid hands upon did as well, but no one afterwards.

If true Apostles existed today they could sit in Emergency Rooms and heal everyone before their treated. What better ministry would there be than that? Imagine the converts! That would be much more effective than Dr Lou commercials.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422892 Feb 15, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
So they were immediately Apostles?
Does the Bible describe them as such?
They became priests. They were conferred Christ's authority to teach.

Acts 6:7
7 So the word of God spread. The number of disciples in Jerusalem increased rapidly, and a large number of priests became obedient to the faith.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422893 Feb 15, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are?
You don't use many verses to do it.
My one was more than you had.

You told me it didn't happen in the first place.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422894 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Under normal circumstances only a priest baptizes.
This comment you yourself said was addressed to the Apostles. How do you change the rules on this? It was either addressed to the Apostles only or not.

Don't forget, all Christians are Priests. The Bible does not discriminate.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422895 Feb 15, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Once before a big surgery my Elders put their hands on me and prayed for me - but that didn't make me an Elder. Frankly, I do not meet the requirements of being an Elder.
Did Stephen and the others meet all of the requirements to be called an Apostle?
The true Apostles had special powers and those they laid hands upon did as well, but no one afterwards.
If true Apostles existed today they could sit in Emergency Rooms and heal everyone before their treated. What better ministry would there be than that? Imagine the converts! That would be much more effective than Dr Lou commercials.
You're fishing.

You were wrong before-you denied that the Apostles had ordained anyone, so now you're simply skipping a layer of people and repeating the same false conclusion.

No one said Apostles lived today or that being one of the 12 Apostles succeeded to today. I didn't. We were discussing ministerial authority.

Straw man (again). Your name should be "Straw Man Fan".
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422896 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You mentioned the dress.
I mentioned visible and hierarchical, salvific baptism and the Eucharist having the Real Presence-all in scripture.
Your church offers none of these.
No wonder you're busy looking at clothing.
Explain those please.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422897 Feb 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Older men means more experience......
More experience means more maturity.....
So, all old Christians have ministerial authority and can teach scripture with this authority.

Really.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422898 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
Their mailing address caused an apostasy.
How about organizing the church in a way not prescribed in scripture for starters.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422899 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They became priests. They were conferred Christ's authority to teach.
Acts 6:7
7 So the word of God spread. The number of disciples in Jerusalem increased rapidly, and a large number of priests became obedient to the faith.
Where does it say THEY were "priests" any differently than a christian is a priest? They weren't disciples?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 50 min _Drifter 974,738
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr Spider1954 3,034
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr leonknott 45,615
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 2 hr Y the double stan... 147
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Thinking 282,987
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Internet Reality 618,849
Donald Chump: "Not paying federal taxes makes m... 3 hr Internet Reality 4
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 5 hr crucifiedguy 5,021
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 hr Joe Fortuna 70,894
More from around the web