Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653989 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#422756 Feb 15, 2013
continued

Joh 3:5 KJV Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Act 2:38 KJV Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#422757 Feb 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 2:33
33 Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit,~~~~~he has poured out this that you both see and hear.~~~~~
Acts 2:33
King James Version (KJV)
33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost,~~~~~he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.~~~~~
I guess God is wrong....
nope, it is just your understanding of what is written. first you used the words of the rushing wind which they couldnt see.

now you are TALKING about what has happened after they are filled and BAPTISED, and they could [see] the RESULTS, which is just what I said, about the FRUITS OF THE HOLY GHOST AS WELL AS THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY GHOST.

you cant [see] the Holy Ghost so dont act dumb, since I know that you arent. as i said that morning, I heard the Holy Ghost, but I did not see Him, and I knew what he wanted me to do(fruits) and I did it(fruits),but this was months after I was already baptised in water , and almost two years after I was Saved and Baptised by the holy Ghost.

you will never know what you are now talking about until you first get saved, and you arent now. and that is to bad. we need all of the soldiers that we can get, but as it is now, you are against us and God by believing and teaching these false doctrines of your church.

and my words now are what some people wanted me to say to you beforehand but I didnt until you bring up these false teachings.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#422759 Feb 15, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
The Catholics have walked away because they cannot defend what is defenseless. Either they justify what they do with scripture or they have to admit they make it up as they go, therefore contradicting scripture. They try their best to have it both ways but if you shine the light bright enough the truth will show.
The admission that has been made to me twice that it is basically unscriptural to be scriptural says VOLUMES!!
They are not bad people. I think they're sincere. I think they're doing the best they can with the Catholic indoctrination. Hopefully they've walked away in frustration because their faith has been challenged by a seed that has been planted. Doubt leads to study. Did the seed fall on good ground and will it take root? I can only hope and be willing to offer them Bible answers if they ask Bible questions.
Actually, Catholics on here have walked away because we've won the debate.
Even if you guys don't concede your errors, that is ok. There is nothing more to discuss. You've chosen your path Saban. Sola Scripture is what you want to follow. You say Bible Alone is what Jesus instructed. You say its what his Apostles instructed.
At the end of the day, you still have to ignore basic logic. Embrace incredible ignorance; and design a conspiracy Christianity. Good luck.

Its the same thing over on the 911 conspiracy forum. If you show those people video and eyewitness testimony, it does no good. They are deep rooted in incredible ignorance.

Also, to Catholics, it a sin participating in this horrible bible verse warfare going on here.

Neither one of you were called by God to be an authority on sacred scripture. You guys can get in line with the other million private popes and explain it to God someday. Just open up your bible and show Him verse chapter verse.
truth

Perth, Australia

#422760 Feb 15, 2013
i told you
you need love god
you are against me
when i say love
love your god
don't have many god
Catholic Girl

United States

#422761 Feb 15, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
http://carm.org/did-mary-have-other-children
I guess what you are saying is all the bible writers/contributors are wrong?
No mike that's not what i'm saying? Just as your statement is typical of those on these sites with no formal education on subjects. You pick and choose what you want to believe in the bible and push these unsupported statements on those who would believe repunzel spun gold out of straw.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#422762 Feb 15, 2013
"Blessed are they that do His Commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city." (Revelation 22:14-15 KJV)5:18

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#422763 Feb 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if you guys don't concede your errors, that is ok. There is nothing more to discuss. You've chosen your path Saban. Sola Scripture is what you want to follow. You say Bible Alone is what Jesus instructed. You say its what his Apostles instructed.
At the end of the day, you still have to ignore basic logic. Embrace incredible ignorance; and design a conspiracy Christianity. Good luck.
Its the same thing over on the 911 conspiracy forum. If you show those people video and eyewitness testimony, it does no good. They are deep rooted in incredible ignorance.
Also, to Catholics, it a sin participating in this horrible bible verse warfare going on here.
Neither one of you were called by God to be an authority on sacred scripture. You guys can get in line with the other million private popes and explain it to God someday. Just open up your bible and show Him verse chapter verse.
~~~

YOU WROTE

"At the end of the day, you still have to ignore basic logic. Embrace incredible ignorance; and design a conspiracy Christianity. Good luck."

___

MY ANSWER TO ..".you still have to ignore basic logic."

# 1.GOD'S WAYS ARE NOT FOUNDED UPON MAN'S LOGIC.

Isa 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

# 2."Embrace incredible ignorance; "

Psa_111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever
Pro_9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

# 3. "Good luck."...

There is no such thing as LUCK...

Psa_37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#422764 Feb 15, 2013
John 9

39And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they who see not might see; and that they who see might be made blind.

40And some of the Pharisees who were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?

41Jesus said unto them, If you were blind, you should have no sin: but now you say, We see; therefore your sin remains.Colossians 3:15 Ye are called in one body.

Colossians 1:18 He is the head of the body, the church...

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422765 Feb 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show me scriptural evidence how one knows they've been called by God to be an authority on scripture?

My Bible informs me that all Christians are priests. It tells us all to study to show ourselves approved.

The main problem is that you as a Catholic don't need scriptural evidence for what you do. The Catholic church has replaced itself for Jesus and the Apostles teachings.
truth

Perth, Australia

#422766 Feb 15, 2013
fable
f=6
fable buble
djuduru
love your neigbours
do you love my aborigional
djudjuruuuuuuuuuuuu
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422767 Feb 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
John the Baptist baptism could not save anyone.....he was preparing the way.....
Holy Spirit Baptism...apostles and the House of Cornelius.....
Baptism into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ....washed in the blood of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of their sins and becoming disciples of Jesus Christ.....and to receive the "gift of the Holy Spirit" aka the "indwelling of the Holy Spirit"
Not hard to understand if you study...
AMEN.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#422768 Feb 15, 2013
1 Peter 2:21-25

King James Version (KJV)

21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422769 Feb 15, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>Hank, go back and read the words of John the Baptist.
John the Baptist baptism
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
if those people that John Baptised were not forgiven of their sins, why is mark saying that he preached and baptised this Baptism for the remission of sins.
Hank, you and saban need to find you another thread to talk about your false teachings and beleifs. because they are jsut like the catholics teach, with ONLY this exception. the catholcis do water baptism at an early age with infants,
you and your church do water baptsim with adults.

AND BOTH OF YOUR CHURCHS ARE WRONG.
is the Bible lying or is your church wrong?
Suggested reading:

If you're Baptist
http://www.apologeticspress.org/pdfs/e-books_...

If you're Lutheran
http://www.apologeticspress.org/pdfs/e-books_...
truth

Perth, Australia

#422770 Feb 15, 2013
alive people not going destroy
who liked who offer death
prodeath=as hurtfull killers

alive church is people

in people as well within people

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422771 Feb 15, 2013
preston wrote:
Hank, that man died the following week, I dotn know if he ever gave his heart to he Lord between the time that I spoke those words on he died. I just dont know. one thing that I do know is that he ahd refused the Holy Ghost speaking to him many years ago, and he never felt the drawing power of God ever again.
and it takes the drawing power of God for a person to step up and give their life to the Lord. we just cant get saved whenever we want to. and that Is Bible, you can accept it or not.all I can do is tell you the Truth. my feeling towards that man is that now, he would have had to step out without that drawing Power and asked God to forgive him, and I beleive that is what it would have taken.
Is that a contradiction? Of course not, not if You know God and His love and His grace and mercy.
it turns out that that man came to that church because of my cousin, who he knew that he was related to him, and for that reason he started to come there.and what God knew but that man and I didnt know was this. I also was related to him. Jim and my grandmother(whose last name was the same as that man) were one and the same.
I [heard] that wind that morning, but I didnt [see] it.
since I know Him, I can understand His works and His words, you cant.
The simple question would be:

Was this man 'outside of Christ' or 'in Christ'???

Outside of Christ...there is NO forgiveness of his sins....

In Christ....there is forgiveness of sins through the precious blood of Jesus.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422772 Feb 15, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol. I heard that mighty rushing wind ONCE, back in 1984 almost 2 years after I was Saved, and I couldnt hear very well all day, until I went to church that night and a man, a lonely man, a lonely UNSAVED man was sitting in the back, and God told me to go back and speak to him these words.:God loves you", and i did and going home, my cousin,(the Pastor) asked me what I said to him and I told him. then I was able to hear again.
Hank, I like you, I really do, but you know nothing about the Spiritual things of God and you never will until you get saved.
again that sound was a sign that He had come into the room,but was not the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, because then He comes and lives INSIDE of you. that wind was outside of them until he Indwelled with them.
SEE and HEAR
you can NOT SEE THE HOLY GHOST DONT ACT STUPID NOW.you will only see the fruits of Him living inside a person.
and that word [SEE]was in neither of those translations, so why did you try and use it to prove your lie? how many times have I said that a person can not use a lie to prove the TRUTH?
BTW, Preston, I like you, too....

I believe that you love the Lord, too....
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422773 Feb 15, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show me scriptural evidence how one knows they've been called by God to be an authority on scripture?
My Bible informs me that all Christians are pch/verse.riests. It tells us all to study to show ourselves approved.
The main problem is that you as a Catholic don't need scriptural evidence for what you do. The Catholic church has replaced itself for Jesus and the Apostles teachings.
We know the Church has authority. See Christ's commission to the apostles.

I'm sure you know the chapter/verse.

The "main problem", if there is one, is that you continue to proclaim against evidence provided that the Catholic church does indeed have scriptural basis for its beliefs.

A straw man argument.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#422774 Feb 15, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
My Bible informs me that all Christians are priests. It tells us all to study to show ourselves approved.
Well I gotta hand it to you Saban...

All of Protestantism for the first 300 yrs, at least acknowledged the historic fact, that the Catholic Church were the ones started by the Apostles. But they claim they got all messed up when Constantine legalized the faith. Then the Church went on a downward spiral until the invention of the printing press enabled the regular folk to get their hands on the Bible.
Even Martin Luther didn't deny the obvious historic truth:
"we are compelled to concede to the Papist, that they have the word of God. We received it from them, and without them, we should have no knowledge of it at all"

But you and the Church of Christ??
Heck, you just throw out all historic fact and claim you were the ones from the beginning!!! You carried the Bible for 1500 yrs. YOUR monks hand copied it word for word.
That is as bold as it gets.
Saban, that is as cult as it gets!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422775 Feb 15, 2013
preston wrote:
John the Baptist baptism
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
if those people that John Baptised were not forgiven of their sins, why is mark saying that he preached and baptised this Baptism for the remission of sins.
Hank, you and saban need to find you another thread to talk about your false teachings and beleifs. because they are jsut like the catholics teach, with ONLY this exception. the catholcis do water baptism at an early age with infants,
John's baptism (REPENTANCE) could not save anyone......he was just preparing the way......forward-looking/looki ng-forward to Christ's redemptive work......

NOW,

JESUS [[[changed]]] the AUTHORITY into which one is baptized....looking-backwards into His death, burial and resurrection......

To which we can identify:

Colossians 2:9-10

9 For 'in Christ' all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

10 and 'in Christ' you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422776 Feb 15, 2013
preston wrote:
John the Baptist baptism
Since John's baptism in under the Old....we have:

Hebrews 9:15

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance¬ó[[[[[now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.]]]]]

Now that He has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins COMMITTED under the first covenant....

The blood of our precious Savior SAVED them from the bondage of sins COMMITTED under the OLD TESTAMENT....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 2 min Johnny 800
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Dr Banonator 63,970
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min Gabriel 973,788
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 37 min RiccardoFire 45,237
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 41 min RiccardoFire 106,502
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 43 min onemale 281,866
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... 56 min punkaman 26
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 20 hr teqy2000 79
More from around the web