Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,560
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422472 Feb 14, 2013
Looking for something to give up for "Lent"?

Colossians 2:20-23

Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules:“Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

Matthew 15:1-20

Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked,“Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”

Jesus replied,“And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? For God said,‘Honor your father and mother' and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’”

Jesus called the crowd to him and said,“Listen and understand. What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”

Then the disciples came to him and asked,“Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”

He replied,“Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

Peter said,“Explain the parable to us.”

“Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them.“Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”

So... What to give up for "Lent"??

My answer?

The best thing to give up for "Lent" is "Lent".

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#422473 Feb 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THE GENTILES WERE CALLED HEATHENS, STRANGERS, AND DOGS IN THE BIBLE,
UNTIL JESUS DIED UPON CALVARY'S CROSS...
BY THE DEATH RESURRECTION AND ASCENSION OF JESUS..WE WERE GRAFTED IN...
THE APOSTLE PAUL WAS THE APOSTLE OF THE GENTILES...NOT PETER...
Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
Eph 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
~~~
READ WHAT GOD DID FOR THE GENTILES THROUGH THE SUFFERINGS AND DEATH OF JESUS CHRIST FOR US GENTILES..

Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,(by grace ye are saved;)

Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

NOTE-->
Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember,-->that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

#422474 Feb 14, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
Looking for something to give up for "Lent"?
Colossians 2:20-23
Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules:“Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.
Matthew 15:1-20
Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked,“Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”
Jesus replied,“And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? For God said,‘Honor your father and mother' and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:
“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’”
Jesus called the crowd to him and said,“Listen and understand. What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”
Then the disciples came to him and asked,“Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”
He replied,“Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”
Peter said,“Explain the parable to us.”
“Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them.“Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”
So... What to give up for "Lent"??
My answer?
~~
IN OVER 60 YEARS OF BIBLE STUDY
I HAVE FOUND NO SCRIPTURAL FOUNDATION FOR LENT..
PLEASE GIVE ONE ..IF YOU CAN FIND IT...FOR US TO READ...
BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSE PLEASE...
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#422475 Feb 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true protestant churches have lots of teachings outside of the Bible. For example the main doctrines such as the trinity and incarnation are based on Catholic creeds.
Of course its about private interpretation. You just dont like to face the facts that you are in rebellion because of your unauthorised traditions and in rebellion with the catholic church.
I believe scripture interpret's itself all one has to do is search the scriptures to see if doctrine is based within the context and of two or three scriptures as a witness for being so.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#422476 Feb 14, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
That wouldnt be free will and a free choice then would it
There is no free will when it comes to organized religion. Everything is mapped out long before it happens.(so they claim)

I say baloney!
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#422477 Feb 14, 2013
<quoted text>
THE APOSTLE PAUL WAS THE APOSTLE OF THE GENTILES...NOT PETER...
So what do you make of "upon this rock i built my church". Jesus founded a church for jews and not gentiles? Paul founded christianity. Is that what you are saying?
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#422478 Feb 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
The success of the American economy is built on a number of factors. I wouldnt put whichever religion is the main one being followed at the top of that list. It seems to me that Americans follow a whole number of religions and within Christianity there are 000s of sects. So you cannot claim that the success of America is down to one religious faction. I think it more likely that it is due to hard work, including the hard work of immigrants inc Mexicans ;), and by having an abundance of natural resources.
Why does a "one-true" religion require so many excuses?

South American countries also have an abundance of natural resources. For example, Mexico exports huge amounts of oil to the USA.

In fact, the differences in societies can be seen worldwide, not just in the Americas.

The success of the American economy -- as well as the emerging success of formerly Catholic-majority societies -- have certain things in common. Women's rights is shown to be a major factor.

Bottom line -- the supposed "ONLY TRUE" church was against most of America's Reformation ideals for well over a century. While Protestant/deist societies flourished, traditional Catholic societies remained totalitarian backwaters.

How else can we judge a religion? How do we judge Islam for example?

One real-world, reality-based way is to look at and judge the fruits of that religion.

You willingly choose to live with the fruits of Reformation ideals. I don't blame you. Just stop being a hypocrite.

If you truly believe the title of this board is correct, then walk your talk. If you are skeptical, then stay and enjoy the fruits of the anti-Catholic Reformation and the many anti-Catholic ideals.

The RCC fought democracy for over 100 years. Was Jesus behind that, or is the "one-true" claim nonsense? It can't be both ways.

#422479 Feb 14, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
READ WHAT GOD DID FOR THE GENTILES THROUGH THE SUFFERINGS AND DEATH OF JESUS CHRIST FOR US GENTILES..
Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,(by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
NOTE-->
Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember,-->that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
please NOTE

THE ABOVE WAS NOT JUST DONE FOR A SELECT FEW..THAT CALL THEMSELVES ROMAN CATHOLICS ...

JESUS DIED FOR ALL SINNERS.IN THE WORLD

.RED AND YELLOW BLACK AN WHITE THEY ARE PRECIOUS IN HIS SIGHT

JESUS DIED OF ALL THE SINNERS IN THE WORLD

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

NOT A POPE, NOT A DENOMINATION ...
BUT JESUS MUST BE LIFTED UP

Joh_12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

~~~

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

___

ATTEMPTING TO MAKE VOID ...THE ABOVE WORDS ...(OF JESUS)... THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ATTEMPTS TO CONDEMN ALL MEN THAT DO NOT BELIEVE IN THEIR CONJECTURE..OR BELONG TO THEIR RELIGIOUS SOCIETY.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422480 Feb 14, 2013
<quoted text>
~~
IN OVER 60 YEARS OF BIBLE STUDY
I HAVE FOUND NO SCRIPTURAL FOUNDATION FOR LENT..
PLEASE GIVE ONE ..IF YOU CAN FIND IT...FOR US TO READ...
BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSE PLEASE...
Agreed.
Like I said,
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#422481 Feb 14, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope does not make or create reality.
.... If you read your scriptures Jesus promised to return before the end of the first generation. A failed prophecy.
...When did Jesus say his return would be? While he said no one, including himself, knew the exact time of his return.
Why wouldn't Jesus know his own return date? He is suppose to be GOD! God knows all. Right?
BUSTED!
The tea leaves say.... today, 2:14 p.m.

By 2:15 p.m., you will be roasting in Hell for all eternity -- because you objected to the decades-long cover-up of child sex-abuse.

Tough poopie, but don't worry. As you suffer for all eternity for standing up for the weak against the strong and powerful, just know that...

JESUS LOVES YOU

Does it make sense now?

#422482 Feb 14, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do you make of "upon this rock i built my church". Jesus founded a church for jews and not gentiles? Paul founded christianity. Is that what you are saying?
FIRST OFF IT TAKES TWO OR MORE SCRIPTURES TO SUBSTANTIATE A DOCTRINE...
There is no other scriptures in the Bible to give witness ..co-relate or cross reference with MATTHEW 16:17,18,19,

IT CANNOT BE FOUND IN THE OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT.

The scriptures must have other witnesses.

There are no other witnesses to validate them...

___

SECONDLY...THE ROCK THE THE CHURCH IS BUILT UPON IS CHRIST JESUS...

As for the gentiles

JESUS SAID..

Joh_10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

READ MY FORMER POST...IF YOU WILL

I DON'T HAVE TIME TO POST THEM AGAIN..

MY WIFE IS IN A NURSING HOME AND i MUST GO TO VISIT HER.

HAVE A GREAT DAY

GOD IS FAITHFUL
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#422483 Feb 14, 2013
In 1776 -- according to perfect RCC teachings, George Washington, James Madison, along with 100% of the rest of America's Founders (Carroll was considered a heretic)-- were all destined for Hell.

According to perfect RCC teaching, when they died, 100% of America's Founders went straight to Hell.

Years later, those teachings changed.

Does that mean that George Washington and others were released from Hell and maybe could be in Heaven today?

There's a good reason the RCC doesn't address such issues.

The concept of "perfect RCC teachings" is absurd at best.

And for most of the USA's history, the RCC was against everything this country stood for.

Who or what changed?

Hint... it wasn't the USA.

BUSTED.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#422484 Feb 14, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Like I said,
Lent is in the Bible
- 40 is the number of judgment and testing (Gn 7:4, Ex 24:18, 34:28, Nm 13:25, 14:33, Jon 3:4).

Christ spent 40 days fasting in the desert before entering into his public ministry (Mt 4:1-11). Plus instructing his disciples on fasting (Mt 6:16-18).
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#422485 Feb 14, 2013
A catholic must have run over this guy's dog.

http://www.saintsagainsttyranny.com/Vatican%2...
Yahchanan

Oklahoma City, OK

#422486 Feb 14, 2013
Satan Is A Woman.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#422487 Feb 14, 2013
“Above all I have learned from the Jesuits, and so did Lenin too as far as I recall. The world has never known anything quite so splendid as the hierarchical structure of the [Roman] Catholic Church. There were quite a few things I simply appropriated... "

A former alter boy
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#422488 Feb 14, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
In 1776 -- according to perfect RCC teachings, George Washington, James Madison, along with 100% of the rest of America's Founders (Carroll was considered a heretic)-- were all destined for Hell.
As I understand the RCC teaching no one knows another's salvation.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#422489 Feb 14, 2013
<quoted text>
FIRST OFF IT TAKES TWO OR MORE SCRIPTURES TO SUBSTANTIATE A DOCTRINE...
There is no other scriptures in the Bible to give witness ..co-relate or cross reference with MATTHEW 16:17,18,19,
IT CANNOT BE FOUND IN THE OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT.
what about Isaiah 22:22
"And I will place on his shoulder the key of the house of David; he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open."
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#422490 Feb 14, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
Satan Is A Woman.
Explain please ? Not doubting it however.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#422491 Feb 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post, and I like the logic. Oxbow will no doubt ignore the valid points you raise. He/she prefers private interpretation so that he/she can vent hatred. Oxbow sees no problem in following a newly founded cult to anything Jesus founded. I'm imagining a snake oil salesman scribbling private interpretation on the back of a fag packet. That'll do. I have added sect 42,001. Lots of lovely money (rubs hands):)
Let me see!

1).... roman catholic church currently embroiled in another VATICAN BANK MONEY LAUNDERING SCANDAL.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/a-...

2)...Two seperate vatican investigations of the 47,000 nuns in america. The vatican calling the 80 year old nuns RADICAL FEMINISTS.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/vatican-thre...

3)....WORLDWIDE sex abuse by some clergy and a coverup by all those who knew about these crimes.

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/WhoWeAre...

4) Today in most of the western world the vast majority of roman catholic don't even practice their faith. According to the bishops in america less than 1 in 4 roman catholics attends mandatory sunday mass weekly. Imagine in a large corporation that only 23% of the workers came to work when required.

The roman catholic church in the western world is flaming out. The vast majority of roman catholics today are very poor, uneducted peasants who live either below the equator or Africa/Asia.

BUSTED!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min WasteWater 268,773
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Wyle E Coyote 808,660
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 608,096
sex (May '13) 2 hr xxx 82
Whatsapp group Hot n Sexy for guys and girls 2 hr Mantu 38
Now Obama's Christianity has been placed in doubt 2 hr Responsibility 34
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 3 hr dubaimassage 200
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 hr DNF 97,844
More from around the web