Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
407,101 - 407,120 of 538,842 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#422425 Feb 13, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
They decided to construct their own tower up to the heavens.
We all know how that story goes, don't we?
Rob
~~~

The Roman Constantians have attempted to build their own tower in Rome

claiming a universal language and religion as the original Tower of Babel .

God reacted to the Tower of Babel

He evidently was against a Universal religion and Language

Gen 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

Gen 11:5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

Gen 11:6 --> And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

Gen 11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Gen 11:8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

Gen 11:9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

Evidently God was against a Universal religion and a universal religion
in Genesis ...

and

He still is ...when it comes to the tower of Babel in Rome

Location hidden

#422426 Feb 13, 2013
389 342 232
preston wrote:
<quoted text>look stupid, the info from the jewish people had nothing to do with any christian belief and teachings.
christians wouldnt know anything about Christ if it wasnt for the jewish people, and it looks like you never paid any attention inyour sunday school classes if you even went.probably cut those classes, and went to the local bar to get your info on life.
Your info regards the Jewish people had/has everything to do with Christian beliefs and teachings. Their religion teaches that Jesus was nothing but a false prophet!!!! That does not stop you from preferring their teaching of Christian teachings and beliefs...

Your words:
I will take Jewish knowledge over that of Strongs. you are welcome to believe which ever you prefer.as for me, the jewish people would know more about their religion and their land ,than you, me or strongs.

And you have the gall to insult my intelligence by claiming to be saved!!!!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422427 Feb 13, 2013
How can someone manage to post from Perth, Australia and Waverly, OH in the same day?

strange.

Location hidden

#422428 Feb 13, 2013
correction:

That does not stop you from preferring their teaching over Christian teachings and beliefs...
preston

Waverly, OH

#422429 Feb 13, 2013
here is where I begin to suspect that ole lincoln aint no christian.

atemcowboy

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#16801 Mar 13, 2008
lincoln wrote:
<quoted text> You are contradicting Paul. You are too delusional to teach. Go read Galatians 1:8,9
LOL, you keep proving my point. No one can answer or dispute my words when I stand against the rcc on this forum. Why, because I present to them, the Bible.

how could even a carnal, milk christian(or are you born again, you dont act like it)suggest otherwise. nope, you are acting like an infant.

So too, have people heard about my conversion on this forum, and also my conversations. and like Paul said in v 14, my zeal, is one of righteousness, tho against the false teachings of the rcc. are u still angry ove being corrected last night. I feel I hurt your sensitive feelings
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#422430 Feb 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Face it. You lost. You've failed to convince me or anyone that sola scripture is what Christ and His Apostles taught. All you shown is that you're able to manipulate the verses.
Don't get mad at me because you're embarrassed by trying to be an intellectual expert on Christianity. You came across as smug, and now you look stupid.
Oh oh Clay let me try the RC way of debate.

Ok never addresse the evidence presented to you no always try make the one who disagrees with you a vilian OH OH so let me try I bet I will be just like Barrack O.

Here I go

Face it. CLAY You lost. You've failed to convince me or anyone that sola scripture is not what Christ and His Apostles taught. All you have shown is that you're able to refute the plain meaning of the verses.
Don't get mad at me because you're embarrassed by trying call me names and be a expert RCC tradition. You came across as smug, and now you look stupid.

WOW so easy no need to think just call the other guy down.
Its easy, no research neeeded, no need to verify the facts its so easy.

I see why you choose the easy way out but as for me I can't because.

Truth is more important then protecting a man made non Christian sect.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#422431 Feb 13, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
How can someone manage to post from Perth, Australia and Waverly, OH in the same day?
strange.
LOL

Maybe never know with a demoninon of Satan.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422432 Feb 13, 2013
"I prefer him in the reverse post hole digger hat"..."I just hope the next Pope isn't Muslim the world has gotten so politically correct" - Dennis Miller
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#422433 Feb 13, 2013
Night Folks.
Pray for some warmer DRY weather so my sinus's will clear up PLEASE !!!
preston

Waverly, OH

#422434 Feb 13, 2013
preston wrote:
here is where I begin to suspect that ole lincoln aint no christian.
atemcowboy
Location hidden
Please wait... Reply
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#16801 Mar 13, 2008
lincoln wrote:
<quoted text> You are contradicting Paul. You are too delusional to teach. Go read Galatians 1:8,9
LOL, you keep proving my point. No one can answer or dispute my words when I stand against the rcc on this forum. Why, because I present to them, the Bible.
how could even a carnal, milk christian(or are you born again, you dont act like it)suggest otherwise. nope, you are acting like an infant.
So too, have people heard about my conversion on this forum, and also my conversations. and like Paul said in v 14, my zeal, is one of righteousness, tho against the false teachings of the rcc. are u still angry ove being corrected last night. I feel I hurt your sensitive feelings
and here is where I call him that.{campbellite]

atemcowboy

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#16905 Mar 14, 2008
lincoln wrote:
<quoted text> Believe and confess that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. Repent and be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and endure to the end. Acts 2:38, 8:35-38.
that post makes me thing you belong to the church of christ(campbellites). do you?

one day even tho i had thought something was wrong with that guy.lol anyway, i knew and Bob knew that he wasnt a christian
jesus licks hairy balls

Pittston, PA

#422435 Feb 13, 2013
hopefully some woman with big juggs will be the next pope.
preston

Waverly, OH

#422436 Feb 13, 2013
saban ;my ip is premanent even if I switch from atemcowboy to preston, waverly is where my time warner office is located, i cant change it.

truth[not the campbellite hank] is a refugee from eastern europe and SHE IS A CATHOLIC, as all of us know and you will too if you stick around.

do some research and find out about Bosnia and that area and the civil war that was fought with muslims,s erbs and catholics.

so cut her a little slack, she deserves it even if she drives most of us batty with her switching to her native tongue and english mixed. she can use proper english but she refuses too.

as for me, I detest any false teachings so you and your cousin the sda cultist can gang up on me all that you wish, I dont care.
marge

Ames, IA

#422437 Feb 13, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
They decided to construct their own tower up to the heavens.
We all know how that story goes, don't we?
Rob
Who are you talking about Rob and what are you doing here, Do you wish to challenge the True Servents of the True Gospel of man's Salvation?
marge

Ames, IA

#422438 Feb 13, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
Night Folks.
Pray for some warmer DRY weather so my sinus's will clear up PLEASE !!!
Hee i've been praying for rain:) Love you 7th, nite from me too, have to start getting up earlier for work so i need to get in the swing of things.
marge

Ames, IA

#422439 Feb 13, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
"I prefer him in the reverse post hole digger hat"..."I just hope the next Pope isn't Muslim the world has gotten so politically correct" - Dennis Miller
Oreilly told him tonight once a catholic always a catholic, did you watch it?

Dennis said something about baptism as a baby, and then did he say something else happens to you at that time that 'marks' him as God's?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#422440 Feb 13, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>HOJO:One True Church which began at Antioch..JETHRO:read the history of the church of antioch
YOU read it!! TRUE, authenticated and verifiable Apostolic Church History by the Apologist Historian writers from (both Catholic and Protestant.---They overwhelmingly agree that Jesus Christ established ONE UNIVERSAL (Catholic) CHURCH beginning with the Church at Antioch. Paul letters to the Churches in Ephesis, Corinth, Galatia, Thessalonica, and on and on, confirm this, over and over agin. The fact is that your anti-catholic "hear-say" history books of legends are just plain "made up", distorted and in denial of the truth of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY....... Your, "imaginative" history myths belong in the library section of "fictitious Protestant stories"!
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#422441 Feb 13, 2013
socci wrote:
The Roman Church claims to found itself upon ONE verse in the Bible:
Mt 16:18 "And I say also to you, That you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
Nowhere does it say there would be a Catholic Church.
Jesus is the rock the church / Christianity is founded upon.
Mk 12:10 "And have you not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:"
Jesus is also the stone in the OT book of Daniel, symbolized here the Second Coming..
Dn 2:34 You saw till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image... and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth... For as much as you saw that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands,
Stone = Jesus
At the time of the Apostles MANY churches were founded. Paul founded the churches at Rome.
Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle 7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: 10 Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come to you. 15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
more Bible truth here..
www.youtube.com/playlist...

unanswerable.

Location hidden

#422442 Feb 13, 2013
441 120 081
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
unanswerable.
So is:

In Rev 2, Christ addresses the seven (7) churches.

Why did He not refer to any of them as "Church"....why did not He refer to any as the Roman Catholic Church???!!!!

Location hidden

#422443 Feb 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU read it!! TRUE, authenticated and verifiable Apostolic Church History by the Apologist Historian writers from (both Catholic and Protestant.---They overwhelmingly agree that Jesus Christ established ONE UNIVERSAL (Catholic) CHURCH beginning with the Church at Antioch. Paul letters to the Churches in Ephesis, Corinth, Galatia, Thessalonica, and on and on, confirm this, over and over agin. The fact is that your anti-catholic "hear-say" history books of legends are just plain "made up", distorted and in denial of the truth of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY....... Your, "imaginative" history myths belong in the library section of "fictitious Protestant stories"!
In Rev 2, Christ addresses the seven (7) churches.

Why did He not refer to any of them as "Church"....why did not He refer to any as the Roman Catholic Church???!!!!

Location hidden

#422444 Feb 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no cure for stupid....

Christ was a Jew...He taught in their synagogues...

What can be more asinine than to think He built a church only for Gentiles (non Jewish) and not for Jewish people!!!!

Think about it....how many Jews attend a Catholic church service!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Buck Crick 732,844
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Charlie Sheen 257,886
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 9 min yon 2,421
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 12 min Jolly 23,936
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Believer 226,296
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min Chosen Holy Dr Sh... 599,856
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min An NFL Fan 117,960
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 32 min bacon hater 94,654
•••
Enter and win $5000