Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 545,098
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
preston

Waverly, OH

#422434 Feb 13, 2013
preston wrote:
here is where I begin to suspect that ole lincoln aint no christian.
atemcowboy
Since: Jan 08
4,769
Location hidden
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#16801 Mar 13, 2008
lincoln wrote:
<quoted text> You are contradicting Paul. You are too delusional to teach. Go read Galatians 1:8,9
LOL, you keep proving my point. No one can answer or dispute my words when I stand against the rcc on this forum. Why, because I present to them, the Bible.
how could even a carnal, milk christian(or are you born again, you dont act like it)suggest otherwise. nope, you are acting like an infant.
So too, have people heard about my conversion on this forum, and also my conversations. and like Paul said in v 14, my zeal, is one of righteousness, tho against the false teachings of the rcc. are u still angry ove being corrected last night. I feel I hurt your sensitive feelings
and here is where I call him that.{campbellite]

atemcowboy

Since: Jan 08

4,769

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#16905 Mar 14, 2008
lincoln wrote:
<quoted text> Believe and confess that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. Repent and be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and endure to the end. Acts 2:38, 8:35-38.
that post makes me thing you belong to the church of christ(campbellites). do you?

one day even tho i had thought something was wrong with that guy.lol anyway, i knew and Bob knew that he wasnt a christian
jesus licks hairy balls

Pittston, PA

#422435 Feb 13, 2013
hopefully some woman with big juggs will be the next pope.
preston

Waverly, OH

#422436 Feb 13, 2013
saban ;my ip is premanent even if I switch from atemcowboy to preston, waverly is where my time warner office is located, i cant change it.

truth[not the campbellite hank] is a refugee from eastern europe and SHE IS A CATHOLIC, as all of us know and you will too if you stick around.

do some research and find out about Bosnia and that area and the civil war that was fought with muslims,s erbs and catholics.

so cut her a little slack, she deserves it even if she drives most of us batty with her switching to her native tongue and english mixed. she can use proper english but she refuses too.

as for me, I detest any false teachings so you and your cousin the sda cultist can gang up on me all that you wish, I dont care.
marge

Ames, IA

#422437 Feb 13, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
They decided to construct their own tower up to the heavens.
We all know how that story goes, don't we?
Rob
Who are you talking about Rob and what are you doing here, Do you wish to challenge the True Servents of the True Gospel of man's Salvation?
marge

Ames, IA

#422438 Feb 13, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
Night Folks.
Pray for some warmer DRY weather so my sinus's will clear up PLEASE !!!
Hee i've been praying for rain:) Love you 7th, nite from me too, have to start getting up earlier for work so i need to get in the swing of things.
marge

Ames, IA

#422439 Feb 13, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
"I prefer him in the reverse post hole digger hat"..."I just hope the next Pope isn't Muslim the world has gotten so politically correct" - Dennis Miller
Oreilly told him tonight once a catholic always a catholic, did you watch it?

Dennis said something about baptism as a baby, and then did he say something else happens to you at that time that 'marks' him as God's?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#422440 Feb 13, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>HOJO:One True Church which began at Antioch..JETHRO:read the history of the church of antioch
YOU read it!! TRUE, authenticated and verifiable Apostolic Church History by the Apologist Historian writers from (both Catholic and Protestant.---They overwhelmingly agree that Jesus Christ established ONE UNIVERSAL (Catholic) CHURCH beginning with the Church at Antioch. Paul letters to the Churches in Ephesis, Corinth, Galatia, Thessalonica, and on and on, confirm this, over and over agin. The fact is that your anti-catholic "hear-say" history books of legends are just plain "made up", distorted and in denial of the truth of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY....... Your, "imaginative" history myths belong in the library section of "fictitious Protestant stories"!
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#422441 Feb 13, 2013
socci wrote:
The Roman Church claims to found itself upon ONE verse in the Bible:
Mt 16:18 "And I say also to you, That you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
Nowhere does it say there would be a Catholic Church.
Jesus is the rock the church / Christianity is founded upon.
Mk 12:10 "And have you not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:"
Jesus is also the stone in the OT book of Daniel, symbolized here the Second Coming..
Dn 2:34 You saw till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image... and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth... For as much as you saw that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands,
Stone = Jesus
At the time of the Apostles MANY churches were founded. Paul founded the churches at Rome.
Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle 7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: 10 Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come to you. 15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
more Bible truth here..
www.youtube.com/playlist...

unanswerable.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#422442 Feb 13, 2013
441 120 081
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
unanswerable.
So is:

In Rev 2, Christ addresses the seven (7) churches.

Why did He not refer to any of them as "Church"....why did not He refer to any as the Roman Catholic Church???!!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#422443 Feb 13, 2013
440
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU read it!! TRUE, authenticated and verifiable Apostolic Church History by the Apologist Historian writers from (both Catholic and Protestant.---They overwhelmingly agree that Jesus Christ established ONE UNIVERSAL (Catholic) CHURCH beginning with the Church at Antioch. Paul letters to the Churches in Ephesis, Corinth, Galatia, Thessalonica, and on and on, confirm this, over and over agin. The fact is that your anti-catholic "hear-say" history books of legends are just plain "made up", distorted and in denial of the truth of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY....... Your, "imaginative" history myths belong in the library section of "fictitious Protestant stories"!
In Rev 2, Christ addresses the seven (7) churches.

Why did He not refer to any of them as "Church"....why did not He refer to any as the Roman Catholic Church???!!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#422444 Feb 14, 2013
440
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU read it!! TRUE, authenticated and verifiable Apostolic Church History by the Apologist Historian writers from (both Catholic and Protestant.---They overwhelmingly agree that Jesus Christ established ONE UNIVERSAL (Catholic) CHURCH beginning with the Church at Antioch. Paul letters to the Churches in Ephesis, Corinth, Galatia, Thessalonica, and on and on, confirm this, over and over agin. The fact is that your anti-catholic "hear-say" history books of legends are just plain "made up", distorted and in denial of the truth of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY....... Your, "imaginative" history myths belong in the library section of "fictitious Protestant stories"!
There is no cure for stupid....

Christ was a Jew...He taught in their synagogues...

What can be more asinine than to think He built a church only for Gentiles (non Jewish) and not for Jewish people!!!!

Think about it....how many Jews attend a Catholic church service!!!!!
guest

United States

#422445 Feb 14, 2013
guest wrote:
-
Nope. I am not in error saying Adam and Eve brought sin into the world.
-
Think about it: It does not matter what Satan did, in heaven or on earth. Adam and Eve have 'free will".
-
Once AGAIN: Had Adam and Eve rejected Satan's advances, SIN would NOT have entered the Earth.
-
-
Tony17 wrote:
Sin was on the earth long before God "formed" (notice I didn't say created) Adam and Eve on the earth. You seem to forget the """4 billion angels""" AKA FALLEN ANGELS that followed Satan in rebellion against God. They too were sinners before Adam and Eve sinned. To say that Adam and Eve brought sin to the earth instead of Satan is irresponsible. Totally.
-
This statement of yours, Tony, is absolutely wrong:
Tony17: "To say that Adam and Eve brought sin to the earth instead of Satan is irresponsible. Totally"
-
-
God did not create Adam and Eve and place them here on earth with "fallen angels" to deal with. Logic tells us that Satan sinned - in heaven - and spoke through the mouth of a serpent to fool Eve into thinking the tree would cause her to have knowledge.

The Fallen Angels were not present in the earth when Adam and Eve sinned. Only the Serpent. Looking at Revelation we see prophecy of the END TIMES written by John, almost 2,000 YEARS AGO, who was himself MANY generations removed from Adam and Eve.

Satan and his Demons don't get cast out of Heaven until quite sometime in John's future. Therefore - there were no fallen angels on earth when Adam and Eve sinned.

****
http://niv.scripturetext.com/revelation/12.ht...

7 And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.
****
-
-
And, as I said before, sin entered the world through Adam and Eve. Notice in verse 14 it states that Adam "broke a command" - it doesn't say that Eve did. God gave Adam the command to not eat of the tree. I guess he just forgot to tell his wife.
-
****
http://niv.scripturetext.com/romans/5.htm

Death Through Adam, Life Through Christ

12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned— 13 for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come.
****
Pad

Rockford, IL

#422446 Feb 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
Not a whole lot of Catholics left on here. After two yrs of facing the brick wall of ignorance has been effective. I'll be wrapping it up shortly to.
I hope we can be clear that the Catholics on here did a remarkable job in conveying the Catholic faith. I've never witnesses such a lopsided debate in my life!
All we asked is that if you're going to disagree with us, do so on what we actually believe and not what you think we believe. This has been the most puzzling aspect of this forum. No matter how many times we corrected your false presumptions about Catholicism, you ignored it and kept on bearing false witness.
After all the finger pointing at Catholics (you worship Mary; you worship statues; you do this; you do that; you think your pope is a god..) in the end, it will be your words as you stand before God to explain the souls you stole from the Church by violating the 9th commandment of God.
Had you not come on here to challenge Catholicism on an open forum and never heard the correct teachings of our faith, you'd probably be ok. But you heard the truth on what we believe, so there can be no excuses for continuing your deceptive finger pointing.
And all we asked was that you take a good look at the practices of your Church.

You say you do not worship Mary,and ad Nauseum to claim you don't,but yet every litany,prayer,mass said in honor of,building built in her honor,the rosary,the Hail Holy Queen,the countless songs and canticles to Mary,the May crownings,the countless statues which are placed on high shelves,lofts,window sills,grottos,,and even in bath tubs in front yards.All of which clearly tells most observers that Catholics truly worship the Mother of Jesus the Son of Man.Her titles,her requests and commands from the Apparitions all point to a form of worship that places Mary in a realm of divinity even if it is much lesser than Jesus and the Father.

All the graces she supposedly dispences,the fact that the very prayer of the Hail Mary in its end calls for her to perform answers to her prayer in an omnipresent way,is worship.

Many of your previous saints call for great veneration of her person,and she herself commands those who see her in the apparitions to recite the Rosary daily,and seek to wear things that will cause cal for her to shorten their time in purgatory.

Time to go to bed.I can barely keep my eyes open.Good Night!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#422447 Feb 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
440
<quoted text>
In Rev 2, Christ addresses the seven (7) churches.
Why did He not refer to any of them as "Church"....why did not He refer to any as the Roman Catholic Church???!!!!
Quite frankly---there is not one Catholic on this forum or any of the other 1.6 Billion Catholics around the world, "could care less" what you think..... The Church that Jesus Christ instituted was historically Proven to be "Universal (Catholic)" one in the same. Call it Universal if you want--it is still One Universal Catholic Apostolic Church.----"Who says" that the word Catholic has to be in the bible in order for it to be true. "Who says" that every word, every phrase, every sentence, must be in the bible in order in order for it to be true! Bible only Protestants, in their dillusional, distorted and twisted anti-catholic thinking are the only ones that say so.---Where is the (exact) word "bible" in the bible? Where are the words bible only??Where is the word Trinity? Where is the word Sola Scriptura? ANSWER: NOWHERE!!! Where does it say "in the bible" that God chose to transmit His infallible word ONLY in the bible! Answer again: NOWHERE!!----You bible only "fundies" just keep "making things up" to fit your anti-catholic animosity, vengeance and hatred--as you "go along"---desperately "hoping that something sticks" and that someone ANYONE will believe in your "hear-say" history book legends and myths. As an ex-Protestant for over 35 years, I know the "bible only game" of contradicting and inconsistent self-interpreting "of the bible" all too well. It is a game of "half-truth, half-heresy" Christianity where your "personal opinions" are the final authority. 42,000+ conflicting denominations of Protestant confusion and chaos, growing and growing in confusion--each and every day. YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!---IT IS ALL YOURS!!!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#422448 Feb 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite frankly---there is not one Catholic on this forum or any of the other 1.6 Billion Catholics around the world, "could care less" what you think..... The Church that Jesus Christ instituted was historically Proven to be "Universal (Catholic)" one in the same. Call it Universal if you want--it is still One Universal Catholic Apostolic Church.----"Who says" that the word Catholic has to be in the bible in order for it to be true. "Who says" that every word, every phrase, every sentence, must be in the bible in order in order for it to be true! Bible only Protestants, in their dillusional, distorted and twisted anti-catholic thinking are the only ones that say so.---Where is the (exact) word "bible" in the bible? Where are the words bible only??Where is the word Trinity? Where is the word Sola Scriptura? ANSWER: NOWHERE!!! Where does it say "in the bible" that God chose to transmit His infallible word ONLY in the bible! Answer again: NOWHERE!!----You bible only "fundies" just keep "making things up" to fit your anti-catholic animosity, vengeance and hatred--as you "go along"---desperately "hoping that something sticks" and that someone ANYONE will believe in your "hear-say" history book legends and myths. As an ex-Protestant for over 35 years, I know the "bible only game" of contradicting and inconsistent self-interpreting "of the bible" all too well. It is a game of "half-truth, half-heresy" Christianity where your "personal opinions" are the final authority. 42,000+ conflicting denominations of Protestant confusion and chaos, growing and growing in confusion--each and every day. YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!---IT IS ALL YOURS!!!
Good post, and I like the logic. Oxbow will no doubt ignore the valid points you raise. He/she prefers private interpretation so that he/she can vent hatred. Oxbow sees no problem in following a newly founded cult to anything Jesus founded. I'm imagining a snake oil salesman scribbling private interpretation on the back of a fag packet. That'll do. I have added sect 42,001. Lots of lovely money (rubs hands):)
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#422449 Feb 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post, and I like the logic. Oxbow will no doubt ignore the valid points you raise. He/she prefers private interpretation so that he/she can vent hatred. Oxbow sees no problem in following a newly founded cult to anything Jesus founded. I'm imagining a snake oil salesman scribbling private interpretation on the back of a fag packet. That'll do. I have added sect 42,001. Lots of lovely money (rubs hands):)
His post poor to say the least

First there are at best 1.2 billion RC's and most conservative estimates put it at 1.1 billion.
Protestant denominations are 800 million and are growing 3x faster than the RCC.

Brazil is an excellent example of this.

You should really ask yourself why

Sola Scriptoria does not say nothing else it says when tradition is in conflict with scripture it should be removed from practice. It means Scripture trumps all else.

But that is what you RC's do all the time you make up a new novel definition for what we claim to believe in i.e. a straw man and then tear down and think you have accomplished something.

And then like always as you did in your post you call it hate.

But at the end of the day its you RC's that hate and what you hate is the truth that your SECT is not the one true anything.

And because your so full of Pride your hate grows.

Truth matters

Since: Nov 08

usa

#422450 Feb 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe the Woman is Mary.
Thanks
you know what happens when you a.s.s.u.m.e., a vission like that could be a loved one close to you that passed on,the mind is a very powerfull machine,it can create an immaginary vission like the one described.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#422451 Feb 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
To clarify, my faith isn't in Pope Pius XII-it's in Christ instructing us through His Church without possibility of error.
every church errors,no such thing as infallibilty south of the moon,and there is no such thing as apostolic succession,the churches own history proves it,the papal chair was bought ahead of time in reserve for Pope Benedict IX (c. 1012 – 1065/85)thanks to the political prowess of his father, who had managed to get the papacy reserved ahead of time for his son.

now tell me how you have true devine apostolic succession knowing this?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#422452 Feb 14, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
..And because your so full of Pride your hate grows.
Truth matters
First of all I am not a Catholic. I merely was admiring the logic and arguments made in the above post.

The problem with protestant fundies is that they have very poor thinking skills. Protestants typically pick and choose what they believe through private interpretation. Any reasonable person can see the flaw with this. To give an example Martin Luther added the word "alone" to Romans 3:28 to teach his private interpretation of scripture that you are saved by faith alone and not by works. Delusional protestant fundies have no problem with private interpretation, and this is why there is 42000 denominations. This makes no sense. You should really ask yourself why there are so many denominations, and why this is a good thing to be so divided?
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#422453 Feb 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I am not a Catholic. I merely was admiring the logic and arguments made in the above post.
The problem with protestant fundies is that they have very poor thinking skills. Protestants typically pick and choose what they believe through private interpretation. Any reasonable person can see the flaw with this. To give an example Martin Luther added the word "alone" to Romans 3:28 to teach his private interpretation of scripture that you are saved by faith alone and not by works. Delusional protestant fundies have no problem with private interpretation, and this is why there is 42000 denominations. This makes no sense. You should really ask yourself why there are so many denominations, and why this is a good thing to be so divided?
Adam what ever faith you are you are an uneducated one of whatever you believe.

RO 3:28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.a

Protestant Churches do not as you say believe in private Interpretation.

They believe in Sola Scriptoria or only use scripture to form doctrine.
WE beleive that tradition is fine but not be used to define doctrine only Scripture.

Luther did not believe in Private Interpretation, that is why he posted his thesis on the church door which was the bulletin board of his day for people to critique his Ideas theory's in light of the Bible.

I don't believe he inserted alone in Romans 3 28 but it does not change the meaning of the verse above had he.
My German is weak but my mother is fluent and she has an old Lutherean German Bible I have her checking.

Truth Matters

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 743,925
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min waaasssuuup 601,430
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min Lyndi 174,203
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min Tim Osman 118,294
Is it time for Muslim Internment Camps? 14 min Kid_Tomorrow 14
How to tell when a Topix poster doesn't have a ... 17 min Doctor REALITY 25
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min Catcher1 228,577
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 57 min Pegasus 260,199
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr Hot Top 2020 979

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE