Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,354)

Showing posts 407,061 - 407,080 of530,167
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they had to repent, but if they were save when they repented why does the verse read:
38 Peter replied,ôRepent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
Could they have been added to their number without baptism?
Weren't you the person I asked to find me an example of a conversion just like yours in scripture? If it wasn't you, still, can you do it? Should be easy, shouldn't it!
a conversion exerpience is not the same as a Holy Ghost experience and I gave you my being filled with the Holy Ghost. and that is waht we are talking about. your chrch deemd it necessary that people like you would receive the Holy Ghost when you got Baptised. and John shows that only when a person seeks Righteousness and is thirsting for that, then he will be filled, and I was filled to overflowing until holes opened up in my belly and water came gushing out. and even tho, a lot of water came out, I slept on a dry bed and I dont and cant udnerstand how God did that.
as far as conversion experiences go, mine is no different than anyothers, I was lost and i asked God to forgive me, and He did and i knew it as His spirit started at teh top of my head and went clear down to the soles of my feet, and like LTM said, it felt like electricity went thru my body. many years later I felt another experience like that one. when i had an asthma attack and had to have a shot of adrenaline. that shot quickened me and relieved my asthma, and that is what God does, He quickens us by His spirit. it was the same feeling.

and unlike what you didnt feel, I did feel and knew that I had been forgiven and cleansed by His blood. campbell didnt beleive in a feeling of knowing that a person had been saved since that shoots down his false theology
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Not according to this scientific study....
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,343674,00...
Move past the words and understand their meaning.
- New Age Spiritual Leader
Asteroids do not bring Sulphur.
No impact crater has been found.
God had sent warnings to the Sodomites.
Fire AND Brimstone fell asphixiating the people with the burning Sulphur.
This just doesn't happen with any Asteroid observed so far.

Just a bunch of "scientists" trying to eliminate God
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where I have typed cypress.
Let's see your research on this little project....
cant, nor can I show you where I said that you did either. keep up or else take notes.the person that said it was cypress was oxbox.
SEE THIS, HE ANSWERED A POST THAT I MADE TO YOU. JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF YOU ACTING DEVIOUS AND DECEITFUL.
Oxbow

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply ╗
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#422237 17 hrs ago
Judged:
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>any body who doesnt know what [gopher wood] was, shouldnt be teaching any bible to any person until they get saved. and all your uncle did is get you wet, you still are lost. and if you ever get saved, you will not allow that door on your campbellite church hit you in the back, you will leave it so fast.
Your words are the second most asinine I have seen on this forum!!!!

Nobody...saved or otherwise...knows for certain what gopher wood was!!!!!

gopher wood:(Christian Religious Writings / Bible) the wood used in the construction of Noah's ark, thought to be a type of cypress (Genesis 6:14)

gopher wood: a kind of tree or wood (as used for building), apparently the cypress:-- gopher.

Oxbow SEE THIS.

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply ╗
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#422237 17 hrs ago
Judged:
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>any body who doesnt know what [gopher wood] was, shouldnt be teaching any bible to any person until they get saved. and all your uncle did is get you wet, you still are lost. and if you ever get saved, you will not allow that door on your campbellite church hit you in the back, you will leave it so fast.
Your words are the second most asinine I have seen on this forum!!!!

Nobody...saved or otherwise...knows for certain what gopher wood was!!!!!

gopher wood:(Christian Religious Writings / Bible) the wood used in the construction of Noah's ark, thought to be a type of cypress (Genesis 6:14)

gopher wood: a kind of tree or wood (as used for building), apparently the cypress:-- gopher.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
Tiger Lily says....
....The world as we know it will never be the same again, it is deteriorating so quickly that if Jesus doesn't come soon we will destroy ourselves.
Michael says.....
...Get all your friends to pray to Jesus, HELP! "please come soon"
... I am SURE! Jesus will answer your prayers and return to earth immediately, and we will then all live happily ever after.
...have your prayers ever failed before?
I guess, Michael, that you have no hope of the return of Christ in Glory to resurrect those who are His.
Sad.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>a conversion exerpience is not the same as a Holy Ghost experience and I gave you my being filled with the Holy Ghost. and that is waht we are talking about. your chrch deemd it necessary that people like you would receive the Holy Ghost when you got Baptised. and John shows that only when a person seeks Righteousness and is thirsting for that, then he will be filled, and I was filled to overflowing until holes opened up in my belly and water came gushing out. and even tho, a lot of water came out, I slept on a dry bed and I dont and cant udnerstand how God did that.
as far as conversion experiences go, mine is no different than anyothers, I was lost and i asked God to forgive me, and He did and i knew it as His spirit started at teh top of my head and went clear down to the soles of my feet, and like LTM said, it felt like electricity went thru my body. many years later I felt another experience like that one. when i had an asthma attack and had to have a shot of adrenaline. that shot quickened me and relieved my asthma, and that is what God does, He quickens us by His spirit. it was the same feeling.
and unlike what you didnt feel, I did feel and knew that I had been forgiven and cleansed by His blood. campbell didnt beleive in a feeling of knowing that a person had been saved since that shoots down his false theology
Oh Brother that's the best one yet Percy.
That scripture you are trying to apply to yourself has not one thing to do with what you just tried passing off.

I believe this one tops you seeing jesus in Vietnam and Grandpa coming back from the dead and payed you a visit etc.

Percy Wrote:

I was filled to overflowing until holes opened up in my belly and water came gushing out. and even tho, a lot of water came out, I slept on a dry bed and I dont and cant udnerstand how God did that.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
342 232
<quoted text>
Judaism (from the Latin Iudaismus, derived from the Greek Iouda´smos, and ultimately from the Hebrew &#1497;&#1492;&#14 93;&#1491;&#1492;, Yehudah, "Judah"; in Hebrew: &#1497;&#1492;&#14 91;&#1493;&#1514;, Yahadut, the distinctive characteristics of the Judean ethnos) is the religion, philosophy and way of life of the Jewish people.
I will stick to my Christian beliefs and teachings...
look stupid, the info from the jewish people had nothing to do with any christian belief and teachings.
christians wouldnt know anything about Christ if it wasnt for the jewish people, and it looks like you never paid any attention inyour sunday school classes if you even went.probably cut those classes, and went to the local bar to get your info on life.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Brother that's the best one yet Percy.
That scripture you are trying to apply to yourself has not one thing to do with what you just tried passing off.
I believe this one tops you seeing jesus in Vietnam and Grandpa coming back from the dead and payed you a visit etc.
Percy Wrote:
I was filled to overflowing until holes opened up in my belly and water came gushing out. and even tho, a lot of water came out, I slept on a dry bed and I dont and cant udnerstand how God did that.
the campbellite asked if my experience could be found in the bible, and I answered and gave him the place to find that experience.

you mocking the word of God doesnt bother me, it is your soul that you forfeit, not mine. you have been shown the way but you have rejected it for to follow the false prophetess ellen white.

If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

aug. 27,1982 around 3:00 in the morning, as I woke up and was thirsty and started to open a pepsi and the lord spoke to me and said it isnt pepsi that you thirst for, and he was right, and the Holy Ghost was given to me that Friday morning.

and if you are smart enough, go back and you will find out that 8/27/82 was on a friday.lol. it has been over 30 years and if it wasnt a day of remembrance, then I couldnt have remembered that it was on a Friday morning.

my first birth, I cant remember. 11/15/42

my second birth, I cant forget. 8/25/82 around 9:00

36 hours(app) on 8/27/82 I was Baptised by the Holy Ghost.

and even 5 years ago, i have posted this Experience. the Lord told me to lay down and i did, and His Spirt came all over me and I ended up in the crucifixion postition and i took myself out of it and told the Lord that I was not worthy of that position and again the spirit fell on me and i took myself out, and this time the lord told me to stay in this position and that is when holes began to open up, asdn i was filled.

and unlike robert f,i havent thirsted for anything like the false doctrine that you bring to this forum
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>the campbellite asked if my experience could be found in the bible, and I answered and gave him the place to find that experience.
you mocking the word of God doesnt bother me, it is your soul that you forfeit, not mine. you have been shown the way but you have rejected it for to follow the false prophetess ellen white.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
aug. 27,1982 around 3:00 in the morning, as I woke up and was thirsty and started to open a pepsi and the lord spoke to me and said it isnt pepsi that you thirst for, and he was right, and the Holy Ghost was given to me that Friday morning.
and if you are smart enough, go back and you will find out that 8/27/82 was on a friday.lol. it has been over 30 years and if it wasnt a day of remembrance, then I couldnt have remembered that it was on a Friday morning.
and even 5 years ago, i have posted this Experience. the Lord told me to lay down and i did, and His Spirt came all over me and I ended up in the crucifixion postition and i took myself out of it and told the Lord that I was not worthy of that position and again the spirit fell on me and i took myself out, and this time the lord told me to stay in this position and that is when holes began to open up, asdn i was filled.
and unlike robert f,i havent thirsted for anything like the false doctrine that you bring to this forum
That's righ Living Water the Spirit of Truth the Holy SPirit not literal water and you having to worry how God kept your bed from getting wet.

As far I as I could tell from your description in your precious post it sounded more like you pissed the bed than recieved the Holy Spirit.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>the campbellite asked if my experience could be found in the bible, and I answered and gave him the place to find that experience.
Percy wrote:

the lord told me to stay in this position and that is when holes began to open up, asdn i was filled.

7TH writes:

I hope you people are not buying this ?

The Living Water and being filled with the Holy Spirit has nothing to do with holes opening up and literal water coming out of ones belly.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Catholic Girl wrote:
You know, one doesn't have to keep posting this stuff. The book is call the bible, pick it up yourself and read it.
why depend on these non creditentials people to influence you.
no wonder satan has it easy.
~~~
Yep you make it easy for the devil...

with your LATIN VERSION/translation OF THE BIBLE

THAT LEAVES OUT THE REAL MEAT AND TRUTH OF THE GREEK TRANSLATION.

You Roman Constantians with no credentials.... make it very easy for the devil to deceive as many as you CAN win to him by your pagan lies.

The Credentials of those that are Born again of the Spirit is the inspiration of the Holy Ghost..(THE APPROVAL OF GOD.)
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Percy wrote:
the lord told me to stay in this position and that is when holes began to open up, and i was filled.
7TH writes:
I hope you people are not buying this ?
The Living Water and being filled with the Holy Spirit has nothing to do with holes opening up and literal water coming out of ones belly.
for you to say this is blasphemous as you are calling the savior a liar.

He said it would happen, some day, it might occur to you about that .

anyway, if you can prove that my words are a lie, lets see it.

anyway, one can go back on this forum and read my testimony, long before you came on it. shoot, you can even ask Dust Storm who like you has mocked this Experience too.

did you check to see if 8/27/82 was on a friday?

never mind, I googled it for you and this is what shows up when you google [8/27/82 was on a friday].

LEBANON. Beirut.- Magnum Photos Home
LEBANON.Beirut.8/27/82.... LEBANON.Beirut.8/82.A makeshift Jewish service is held in temporary quarter on a Friday, the day of prayer. LEBANON. Beirut.
www.magnumphotos.com/Catalogue/Gilles-&#8... ...- Cached

Budgie Panzer Division Destroyed (Reading Rock Festival 8/27 ...Budgie Panzer Division Destroyed (Reading Rock Festival 8/27/82) randomandwelldone ... Richfield Avenue, Reading, England Friday, August 27, 1982
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Alm_U2HnN...
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

John 6:63 "It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you [speaking of ╣the Word Of God], they are Spirit, and they are life".
1-Corinthians 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power.
2-Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament not of the letter, but of the Spirit: for the letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth life.
Ephesians 5:25,26 Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word.
The washing of Water by the Word. The Spirit is a product of the Word Of God. The Word Of God is the Spirit or Living Water that would come forth from a man's belly.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Oh Brother that's the best one yet Percy.
Percy Wrote:
atemcowboy

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply ╗
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#16738 Mar 13, 2008
lincoln wrote:
<quoted text> You are suffering from delusions of grandeur, I think it is called.
To compare yourself to Paul is absurd.
I dont compare myself to anyone. Paul was chosen by Jesus in his time. so too have I. as he looked on the resurrected Christ in his time, so too did i in my time

more coming.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply ╗
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#16442 Mar 12, 2008
JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
JSM4, I know that you probably have had alot of grief from your family wanting you to come back to the Church. Having doubts is not unusual, we all have them. I did not leave the church for a Protestant Church but in my 20's I did visit one and felt totally out of place. But I did my searching while in college. I was so totally confused as what to do. So I started to take religion courses in college so that I knew my faith forward and backwards. But the history of the faith from Petecost to present was the most eye opening that is when I decided I had to remain a Catholic. Study and Pray that is the best for you. Bless you on your journey. John
<Having doubts is not unusual, we all have them.>

not if you are a born again Christian, then you will KNOW and even if satan comes against you(and he will, if he did it to my Lord, he will do it to the born again believers also. But the Born again believer has something you dont possess, We KNOW when we got saved, you however must depend on a baptism of a 6 week old baby, do you know the day you got baptised off the top of your head, what day of the week it was and what time(approximate) it was? I do.

8/25/82 on a wed night around 9:00 at my mothers church and I remember it. you dont remember yours.

I am not willy nilly eddy. I am not afraid to tell you the truth ,as he is.

NOW TO FIND WHEN I TOLD ABOUT MY BEING FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
Can everybody see plainly the wind up to the Great Climax of Jesus' Return in the clouds?
The Catholic Church is positioning itself with a new pope, USA has no answer to its financial & health & unemployment problems, North Korea has detonated a nuclear bomb & shaken the earth,Iran had a protest march with 1000's yelling "Death to America" & they threaten to destroy Israel ASAP.
In contrast, God's remnant people are reading the Bible through & are praying for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit to warn the world so Jesus can come back.
The world as we know it will never be the same again, it is deteriorating so quickly that if Jesus doesn't come soon we will destroy ourselves.
He made this world & He will be the one to destroy it.
Wonderful Love! He will also recreate it as a Home for His Loved ones, & death & war,sickness & hatred will be no more but will be replaced with Love Eternal.
There have been signs for the past 2000 years. I wish he'd hurry up.

Remember, Jesus had all of his followers believing it would be within their lifetimes.

Get on with it, for Christ's sake!
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply ╗
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#16481 Mar 12, 2008
lincoln wrote:
<quoted text> Not MY words. Read Acts 1:21,22. Read Romans 1:1, Galatians 1:1.
And why do you "know for certain" that there was an apostle after Paul? Is that something from any where else than the Bible? Read Galatians 1:6-10.
the first time I stepped into a pulpitGod spoke to me and told me that was my office. as I said the main qualification is that a person must have seen the resurrected christ< you got that part right. and I have said on here and not only on this forum that I looked on his face, Jan 30,1965. and as Paul said in Romans chapter one,verse one. a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the Gospel of God. so too did God call me and allowed me into the same ministry
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Zechariah 14:8

[8] And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former [1] sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Any bets on who Jesus will select as His new earthly vicar?

Whoever it is, I believe he should take the bold step of having the RCC's Real Presence miracles tested for DNA, age, etc.

It is time to apply modern science to the RCC's claims.

Save souls -- give humanity the truth.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

FOR THOSE CAMPBELLITES WHO THINK THAT THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY GHOST ARE NOT NOW IN EVIDENCE. I GAVE THIS TESTIMONY MANY YEARS AGO ON THIS FORUM

atemcowboy

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply ╗
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#16497 Mar 12, 2008
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I do. Early in my faith I was crying out to God to help me pray. A short time later I received a prayer language. I tested the spirit and studied scriptures. It is not the type that is followed by an interpretation, and I only do it in my private prayer life. My wife also has this gift.
Hi Bob, I talked to my minister friend yesterday, and he told me of his first time. it occured when a foreign woman came to the altar, he began to pray for her and afterwars he said she had her eyes opened very wide and told Tom that He had spoke to her in her native tongue. Ifound that quiet interesting as I had related on this forum that while watching a tape of a Navajo speaker, I knew exactly what he was preaching. I feel that was spiritual discernment on my part given to me by the Lord. that was the first time I had heard the Di'nah(the people, excuse my spelling if I have spelled it wrong, the spelling police are giving out tickets) langauge
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

LINCOLN IS A CAMPBELLITE, BTW.

atemcowboy

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply ╗
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#16504 Mar 12, 2008
lincoln wrote:
<quoted text> Paul was the last one to see Christ, 1 Corinthians 15:8.
You might have a powerful imagination but your Christian Faith must be from the Word of God.
You need to understand the difference between an apostle and a disciple.
trust me on this one. my imagination was not in doubt. when you see what I saw, you have no doubt. and He was exactly as recorded in the Bible. the most telling of his appearance was his eyes, how sad they looked. and as I have said many times, some time later i was in a bad way. I woke up to hear someone say that I would not live to make it to the hospital,as you can see, I did. sorry, but even the devil cant make me doubt what happened that day, now what had happened before and since. if you dont believe, doesnt bother me none, I know what I know and satan cant change my mind. God has blessed me to much for that to happen. many shall be called but few are chosen. her is what happened in march 1955. My grandfather died, Not unusual but what happened minutes later was. He came back to life and called me over. my grandmother and an aunt tried to stop me from coming to him. He raised up and said to them:my life with you is over on this earth, I have been sent back to talk to the boy(this is blessing me now as I type, I can feel His Spirit< praise the Lord). he went to his bed and he told me to get closer to him. he told me he had been sent back by the greats in Heaven, and he named several including Peter and Paul, to tell me that I had a job to do for the Lord. and I do. I preached my first sermon on easter sunday night in 1984, and that is the time He told me that I was his apostle. I didnt ask for it, he chose me. I lie not and God is my witness and as the Holy Spirit was a few minutes ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 407,061 - 407,080 of530,167
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

339 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min AussieBobby 255,735
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min River Tam 716,777
Why do white men marry Chinese women? (Jul '08) 11 min IamRite 781
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 19 min petesake kis 114,656
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 45 min shyam 4,087
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 49 min Tehee Candor 223,220
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr hemanth hemanthsahitya 458
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr WildWeirdWillie 171,459
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr amy 63
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••