Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,353)

Showing posts 407,041 - 407,060 of512,965
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

I don't know because I may be wrong but I have such an uneasy feeling about President Obama for some reason.

Could it possibly be that he is an anti-Christ covertly? I'll be praying about this man that God will pull back the veil and let me see if there is something about this man that Christians should be concerned about. I just got this feeling after he was elected for a second term. I sure hope I'm wrong though.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
actually it does it say to not go beyond what is written
Peter endorses Paul's letters equal to OT books and considers his letters scripture
You need to read more.
the NT also says scripture is sufficient for all Chruch issues.
Care for the verses?
No sir, the New Testament does not say its sufficient for all Church issues. That's ridiculous and you know it.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>hopefully, you will adjourn and go to catholic forums also.on a one way ticket.this forum has been dead for several years, except no one forgot to bury it.
soon the sda and the campbellites can own it for their personal feuds and/or agreements with tony.lol
the problem here is that everyone except me and a couple others are trying to out do each other in bible knowledge,no one is really trying to solve the mystery of the churches belief and if a god does truly exist.from what i have seen here is no one has the answer,i have my theory just you have yours,i believe that the one god theory is wrong,no just entity exists,if he does,where did he come from? why did it take billions of years before he decided to create man/woman? was he busy creating life else where before us? there are a lot of people who believe aliens did actually visit this planet going back 5000 yrs and more,there are credible drawings dating that far back of strange objects in the sky,and strange looking beings,and there is the painting of the maddonna with child,in the upper right corner next to the sun there is a flying object in the sky in the painting,which was done thousands of years before man considered being able to fly,and the giant carvings in south america that can only be seen from the sky as actual legitamate patterns dug right into the mountain top (can't remember the name of the mountains) how can you explain it? they hasd primitive tools back then,all hand tools,and the pyrimids so well carved out stones you can't slide a piece of paper between them,all done by hand and moved how? the stones weighed tons,how'd they do it? these are credible because you can see it,touch it,it's undeniable.but when it comes to god/jesus we have nothing to support the scriptures/bible,no evidence whatso ever,why is that? and is there any proof out there god actually exists??

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Monday's (Feb. 11) surprising announcement by Pope Benedict XVI that he was resigning from the papacy struck some observers like a bolt out of the blue.

And a few hours later, an actual bolt of lightning struck St. Peter's Basilica, the centerpiece of the Vatican and one of the holiest sites in Christendom, NBC News reported.

Was the lightning strike, coming just hours after Pope Benedict's announcement, evidence of God's wrath, or some ominous sign from above? Perhaps, but it was more likely the natural result of a rainstorm that was passing over Rome at the time.

Lightning often strikes religious symbols, because they are usually placed high in the sky and are, in many cases, the highest thing around. Coupled with the fact that they're often made of metal, lightning striking religious statuary or other icons seems quite normal.

Brazil's 130-foot "Christ the Redeemer" statue atop Rio de Janeiro's Sugarloaf Mountain, for example, has been struck by lightning several times since it was completed in 1931.

Secular objects are also often struck by lightning. Airplanes are struck by lightning frequently, and the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building and other tall buildings have all been hit.

St. Peter's Basilica is the tallest dome in the world at 448 feet (137 meters) from the floor to the cross that was added to the very top by Pope Clement VIII in the 16th century. A lightning rodpoints skyward from the top of that cross it's likely that this is what was struck by lightning Monday.

JETHRO:if it is a sign from a god it is a warning sign,it's telling the church to start fresh and new, and be what it is meant to be, a place of worship that men,women,and children don't have to fear.confess their sins to the world and start anew.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>any body who doesnt know what [gopher wood] was, shouldnt be teaching any bible to any person until they get saved. and all your uncle did is get you wet, you still are lost. and if you ever get saved, you will not allow that door on your campbellite church hit you in the back, you will leave it so fast.
Preston, you're not allowed to determine if Saban is saved or not.
Even under the criteria set forth by the born again movement, Saban would be covered, because in his heart he chose to be baptized. He chose Christ by going to the Baptismal fountain. The initial act of choosing Jesus Christ; or choosing to be baptized came before the water was poured...it couldn't be any other way unless his uncle tackled him and forced water upon him.
His heart sought and accepted Christ when he initially decided to be baptized.

Catholics are different, our parents bring us to Jesus. And their faith and commitment initiates us into Christianity like the Jews at circumcision. Are we automatically saved at 3 months? Of course not. Nobody is automatically saved as long as you have free will. You can lose your salvation anytime you want.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
Question for Catholics here. If the Pope is the RCC chief and has total authority over the RCC and he decides to resign,why can't he appoint his own successor instead of having itdone by the Cardinals? If youhave total authority over the RCC, don't he have authority and say so over who he wants to succeed him?
JETHRO:that's the million dollar question,the RCC believes the pope is suppose to be gods/jesus' eyes and ears on earth (vicar of christ) so he would be told by god directly on who to select to replace him,but it doesn't work that way because he is no more of a holy man than i am,he is a corporate figure head that's all,their history proves it is not a true holy place,such a place would not have to do what it has done to get people to believe it is really a holy place,the true church of a god would take care of his children, not brutalize them like they have for 2000 years,they do put on a good show,but that's about all they can really do,instead of buying the crystal church for i believe somewhere around $50 million,they could of used that money to help out a lot of people who are dying of starvation,disease,and brutality,it does not make sense.if it truly is gods aledged church it would act like it is,but it doesn't,it does the opposite.it can't be denied,the history is there.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

TO MY GOOD FRIEND POPE HOJO:you stated the mud slinging and harshness going on here was started by a protestant,agnostic,athiests and michael,not exactly true,second post by a catholic named tony who is from arizona:Elizabeth wrote:
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me seriously consider leaving the church. As long as popele believe in God and the holy trinity, why does it matter whether they believe as catholics, methodists, lutherans, etc? I think Benedict has gone too far with this statement and I do believe it is going to hurt the catholic church in the long run.
The fact that you said that the Pope's statement is making you 'seriously consider leaving the church', just reinforces why it does matter whether people are Catholic, methodist, lutheran, etc. Spiritual relativsm is not new, you and those like you, who believe that the truth of what the Church teaches is somehow subject to whether you agree with it or not are exactly why the Pope is saying what he is saying. He's not saying something new, it's what the Church has ALWAYS taught! Your comments are just proving the points that the Pope made in the homily he gave at conclave before his election: http://www.oecumene.radiovaticana.org/en1/Art ...
You would do well to read this and anyone else who may be guilty of "being tossed to and fro by every wave of doctrine"... Eph. 4:14......JETHRO:SOUNDS A LITTLE HARSH TO ME,WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

slight error in my last post,the second post on here,was from a guy named troy not tony.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
Monday's (Feb. 11) surprising announcement by Pope Benedict XVI that he was resigning from the papacy struck some observers like a bolt out of the blue.
And a few hours later, an actual bolt of lightning struck St. Peter's Basilica, the centerpiece of the Vatican and one of the holiest sites in Christendom, NBC News reported.
Was the lightning strike, coming just hours after Pope Benedict's announcement, evidence of God's wrath, or some ominous sign from above? Perhaps, but it was more likely the natural result of a rainstorm that was passing over Rome at the time.
Lightning often strikes religious symbols, because they are usually placed high in the sky and are, in many cases, the highest thing around. Coupled with the fact that they're often made of metal, lightning striking religious statuary or other icons seems quite normal.
Brazil's 130-foot "Christ the Redeemer" statue atop Rio de Janeiro's Sugarloaf Mountain, for example, has been struck by lightning several times since it was completed in 1931.
Secular objects are also often struck by lightning. Airplanes are struck by lightning frequently, and the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building and other tall buildings have all been hit.
St. Peter's Basilica is the tallest dome in the world at 448 feet (137 meters) from the floor to the cross that was added to the very top by Pope Clement VIII in the 16th century. A lightning rodpoints skyward from the top of that cross it's likely that this is what was struck by lightning Monday.
JETHRO:if it is a sign from a god it is a warning sign,it's telling the church to start fresh and new, and be what it is meant to be, a place of worship that men,women,and children don't have to fear.confess their sins to the world and start anew.
It most likely is a coincidence. However, if it is a sign from God, it is not an angry sign.. People around Rome were sad that day and worried about the future. Electricity coming down from the 'Heavens' to the Vatican would signify a jolt of energy. Nothing was damaged and no one got hurt.

The timing of it just hrs after the Pope resigned is interesting to say the least.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't vote on his successor.
He resigned.
He doesn't have "total authority" over the RCC. For instance, he cannot introduce doctrine on his own, etc.
if the pope does not have total control of the church,how could he be the vicar of christ? he is suppose to be able to speak to god directly, and everything he says and does is done with the blessing of god.is this just a ruse? he is not what the vatican council says he is?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a corroborating source?
Sipe eats off of criticizing the Church.
you can check this site out:The Dark Side of Church History
Just because a person is part of a church does not mean they are followers of Christ.... Index To Barriers To Faith > Dark Side of Church History : At the ...
www.inplainsite.org/html/church_history_&... - Cached
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol. how much water was used in that upper room that day? have you got a figure?a 100 gallons or more? a creek or a river? tell us teacher.
Hey Preston.....

Hope you are feeling better.....

The answer is NONE!!!

There was no water.....it is a different baptism from God....

Holy Spirit baptism for the apostles and what 120 souls that were there......and of course the House of Cornelius in Acts Chapter 10 - 11......

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't our God a jealous God???
He, and He alone, wants to be our Father......
People cannot change the truth in God's word, but the truth of God's Word can change people.
I have to agree with you,religion can and does change people,a lot of serial killers claim they killed because they were told to do so by god (son of sam)or read something in the bible that triggered them to kill,is it true or just a way to get sent to a hospital instead of life in prison,or the death penalty? lets look at the serial killer well known in this era,son of sam,he said that god talked to him through his neighbors dog (black lab),is he lying or telling the truth? there are many stories in the bible about god talking to people (donkey,burning bush),and we are suppose to except it as truth,but today you are considered insane if you say that god talked to me through my dog/cat/ bird etc. why is it that religious people kill more than non-religious people? "dis-regard the fact that most of the population believes in a god in one form or another". people do become what i'd call over-religious,they take it to the extreme, a guy i used to work with, out of the blue became very religious what seemed like an over night event,dove head first into it that he became very annoying and was not doing his job,he was let go for this reason.he he would stand by the door in the morning where the time clock is and hand out religious pamphlets every day,it was rediculous.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>saban like hank has no Born Again testimony to share with you and us for one simple reason, they arent born again. they are like the men at ephusus, they had had water baptism but not the baptism that comes with being born again. saban like hank thinks that they received the Holy Spirit when they were baptised by their church.
campbell believed not in an emotional Spirtual Experience(know so salvation) since he had not one, then noone else has had one either, and so they follow that misbelief today in their Spiritual blindness
What does the Bible say? Hint: Acts 2:38
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
What did John tell them? Believe and Repent and then what did he tell them?
I baptize you with water, BUT...
But what Sabanfan?
What do you have to do to get Jesus in you?
Be baptized into His death, burial and resurrection, Marge....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you don't claim be a small t teacher of the Word but there are things we know for sure, like How to be Saved(a true church subject), that you know nothing about.
Really, you need to get Saved first and then you can talk, truly it is the Bible way.
How do you know, Marge, if this person is saved or not???

Were you there to experience it with him???
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you dont even have a clue as to what [gopher wood] really was.it is beleived to actually be pine tree, but if you know that mid eastern part of the Word, it is understandable to realize that we are talking about a form of pine tree,re, the cedars of Lebanon.
so if you think it is an actual type of tree, you are badly mistaken.lol
and you trying to divert by talking about 'strange fire' to me as you did to clay which means nothing to be, it is not what we are discussing, which is your lack of musical instruments.
acts 2:38 starts off with the Word [repent} which is the ONLY way that a persons sins are forgiven, not by water least the blood is of no consequence hereby making the sacrifice nil and void.
as i told lincoln several years ago, hank forever and now you. you claim to follow the teachings of the NT yet there is no example of one person receiving the Holy Ghost while being baptised by water. and i certainly didnt.mine came 36 hours after I was saved. others sometimes years after they are saved.
In him we have redemption through his [blood], the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace." (Ephesians 1:7)NOT ONE MENTION OF WATER SAVING THEM. THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS COME THROUGH THE BLOOD. thanks to the false teachings of campbell and stone, millions of you campbellites are going to wake up in hell.just as will happen to billions of catholics.
Was Jesus baptized in water?

3000 received the Holy Ghost at baptism between Acts 2:38-41.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
120 081
Whadda boutit Dan????
In Rev 2, Christ addresses the seven (7) churches.
Why did He not refer to any of them as "Church"....why did not He refer to any as the Roman Catholic Church???!!!!
church....people

Divine side and the human side....

Divine side...Jesus (perfect)....Head of the church (people)....

Human side....members of the body....not so perfect...people listen to the Head of the church....Jesus....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
120 081
Whadda boutit Dan????
In Rev 2, Christ addresses the seven (7) churches.
Why did He not refer to any of them as "Church"....why did not He refer to any as the Roman Catholic Church???!!!!
seven golden lampstands.....7 is perfection.... no improvements to be made to the church (people) on the Divine side.....Law of the Lord....

human side....improvements need to be made....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Acts 2:38 told those very first church members how to receive the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit was PROMISED by God and it will be delivered.....

Baptized into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 407,041 - 407,060 of512,965
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

567 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 3 min -USA-1 37,968
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min RiversideRedneck 682,234
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 8 min Habsburger 430
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Aerobatty 217,763
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 25 min Ratloder 110,134
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 31 min Ed Teach 52,606
Fake, Fraud & Blacklisted Company Lafenzer Elec... (Aug '13) 39 min sahil 39
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min onemale 250,595
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dusty Mangina 89,734