Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,351)

Showing posts 407,001 - 407,020 of530,342
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
concerned in Eygpt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You've yet so show me where the Apostles say scripture is the ONLY thing. You got that? The only thing...not profitable; not good for teachings.. The Catholic Church couldn't agree more that scripture is profitable and good for teaching.
You're an Ideologue. A conspiracy Christian. Your opinion on what the Apostles taught mean nothing because you're not an authority on the teachings. They already revealed the faith to the Church a long long time ago. You and your team are way to late to come along and say "wait, they meant this they meant that...or everyone misunderstood for 1800 yrs.
What a straw man Clay show you where they say the exact words you dream up in the moment.

2 Timothy clearly says scripture is sufficient and doess so with synonymous words.

Just like the doctrine of the Trinity, So by your retarded logic above we must believe you don't believe in the Trinity as no where in the Bible does any Apostle say God is a Trinity 3 persons one God.

You are posting like a 3 year old, If you continue your retarded illogical posts I will post through and not to you anymore. I hope you smarter than this last post.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Jesus baptized in water?
3000 received the Holy Ghost at baptism between Acts 2:38-41.
yeah, I will get to that. howev er I will tell you this. I dont like acoward hat when proven he is wrong, then diverts like you ahve done twice now. first you intorduced "strange fire" when there was no talk about that. now when i showed you that the [gopher wood] was not a cypress, you switch again.
so now Acts does NOT AGREE WITH YOUR FALSE THEOLOGY. Peter told them to repent,a word that you keep forgetting for some reason.lol
so what does the bible say, He preached to them, and they accepted the word of God(not Peters)and belIEved it(that saved them) and THEN THEY WERE BAPTISED."FOR IT IS WRITTEN, HOW SHALL THEY BE SAVED EXCEPT THEY HEAR AND HOW SHALL THEY HEAR, EXCEPT IT BE PREACHED".
they were Saved before they got Baptised by water.lol
UNLIKE WHAT YOUR FALSE TEACHERS HAVE TOLD YOU ABOUT THESE VERSES,
now you know the rest of the story.
dont be like a liar and try to deceive and deflect. it shows a cowardiced like approach to the Biblical truths.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

since earth foundation they don't liked real Creator not at all
evil upon evil liars upon liars

liar from beginning
scripture recorded that too
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You caught ol' Dan with his boot in mouth.
I don't think Dan understands what he said.
According to the catholic church, the Pope is suppose to be the Vicar of Christ yet does not talk to God.
I thought the Holy Spirit lead the catholic church.

I guess he is busy talking to the dead ; you know Mary etc.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know, Marge, if this person is saved or not???
Were you there to experience it with him???
it is easy to discern.

IF A PERSON HAS NO TESTIMONY AS TO WHEN GOD SAVED HIM, THEN GOD DIDNT.

IF A PERSON SAYS THAT THEY GOT SAVED WHEN THEY WERE BAPTISED WHEN THEY WERE THREE MONTHS OLD, WE KNOW THEY WERENT.

IF A PERSON SAYS THEY GOT SAVED WHEN THEY WERE BAPTISED AS AN ADULT, WE KNOW THEY ARE LYING(EVEN IF THEY DO BELEIVE IT), SINCE WATER BAPTISM ALONE DOESNT SAVE ANYONE.
AS IT IS WRITTEN, WITHOUT THE SHEDDING OF BLOOD THERE IS NO REMISSION OF SINS.SINS ARE ONLY WASHED AWAY BY HIS BLOOD NOT SOME RIVER WATER, NOR SOME CHLORINE FILLED WATER TUB.THAT CHLORINE WILL KILL LOTS OF DIFFERENT BACTERIA, BUT IT DOESNT KILL THE STENCH OF SIN.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

232 192
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
A minister of the Good-News Gospel of Jesus Christ should all Born-Again beleivers from Above have in them. Yes?
One should know how their Saved, Yes?
What you are saying is as close to sacrilegious as it gets...you are saying this is a lie!!!! Quote: But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

You, evidently, are comfortable with that...hang in there....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>wonder who would know the jews or you.
The Jewish Encyclopedia believes it was most likely a translation of the Babylonian "gushure i÷ erini" (cedar-beams), or the Assyrian "giparu" (reed).[3] The Aramaic Targum Onkelos, considered by many Jews to be an official translation of the Hebrew scripture renders this word as &#1511;&#1491;&#15 12;&#1493;&#1505; (qadros) i.e., cedar[SEE THIS}.
The Syriac Peshitta translates this word as &#1829;&#1834;&#18 33;&#1808; (‘arqa), box wood.[4]
The Christian religions know the OT was translated from the Hebrew language...

Strong's Lexicon and the English dictionary says no one knows for sure if it was cypress..

Get help before you hurt yourself!!!!
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
So then i would presume your experience was what the Apostles experienced in Acts 2:2-4? The mighty rushing wind, tongues like as of fire sitting upon you and the immediate ability to speak in languages you've never learned?
I'd like to hear more about that, except if you did claim your conversion experience was like this it would make Paul to be a liar when in Eph. 4:5 be specifically says there is only "one baptism". The Apostles' experience was unique to them at that time.
Which conversions in the Bible we're similar to yours?
Me? Well, there's Lydia, the Jailer, the Eunuch, Saul, The folks at Samaria (acts 8:5-13) and so on..
i GAVE YOU MY EXPEREINCE AS TO HOW i WAS FILLED WITH THE hOLY gHOST.

SO AGAIN, READ ABOUT IT IN JOHN 7;VERSE 37-39.AND THAT OCCURRED 9 MONTHS AND 1 DAY BEFORE I WAS BAPTISED IN WATER.

and I agree there is 1 baptism from God and that is the Holy Ghost experience.

and there is 1 baptism that is given by man.

you just dont know the difference, you are like the men from ephesus.
you received johns baptism, but still dont have God's baptism.

as hank as said twice, THINK SPIRITUAL, not carnal.lol

AND YES, I have heard that rushing mighty wind.ONCE

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
The Cypress tree flowers March through May. It is found all across Israel. The Cypress was brought by the Jewish National Fund at the end of the nineteen century. It was planted to break the wind around many orchards.
http://www.hebrewpodcasts.com/treesofisrael.h...
my question to ox would be this.
is the 19th century before the time of Noah?lol
Proof positive that you don't have an ounce of brain in your head..."my question to ox would be this.is the 19th century before the time of Noah?lol"
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was good enough for Jesus to do it, I'm convinced. Did a man baptize him?
lol, Jesus didnt need to be Baptsied, He did that so John would know that the Messiah had really come. hhe thought so but that Baptism showed him 4 sure.

that Baptism shows everyone(well except cults) that Baptism doesnt save, Jesus wasnt lost.lol

you come on here after studying false thelogy and think that you can teach people on here. I have forgot more Bible than you will ever know.

any person should have done some research before proclaiming that [gopher wood] was a cypress tree which is not native to that region of the world.lol
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Gopher wood could have been cypress wood.....
Cypress trees grow right in water in swamps....
The main thing is Noah did as he was commanded by God....
One door to the ark....
One door to the church.....
lol, when the Jewish people began to resettle the land they found ONE AREA that was swampy land, and to combat that area, they brought in eucalyptas trees, jsut as they introduced the cypress trees to keep the soil fom blowing away in trees that they had planted.

learn some knowledge of the Land before you proclaim untruths.

The Eucalyptus tree flowers April through October. It is found all over Israel. The Eucalyptus is an Australian tree. It was brought to Israel at the end of the nineteen century to dry the swamps because it grows so quickly.
Cypress brosh &#1489;&#1512;&#14 93;&#1513;
The Cypress tree flowers March through May. It is found all across Israel. The Cypress was brought by the Jewish National Fund at the end of the nineteen century. It was planted to break the wind around many orchards.and it grows primarily in dry land, not swamps
http://www.hebrewpodcasts.com/treesofisrael.h...
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
and you want us to believe you follow Christ.
Let me show the folks your post on a Michelle Obama Forum and they can decide.
Fedup said: Michelle will have power and reign over the dumb azz people on this forum.
**I have many more upon requests. Like I've always said, you're a fraud Fedup.
looks like jac was fooled by fed up. it behooves us to find out who belongs to the Lord and who doesnt.
clay just said that saban is a christian because he decided to get baptised by his uncle I think he said.what clay doesnt know about this cult that saban belongs to is that they are really pushed into getting baptised, and they dont get baptised because they got saved at their church.
their cult doesnt believe in getting blessed by the lord and shouting his Praises. once along time ago, i went to [round town] to a meeting and on the other side of the tabernacle, i heard a woman hollering and shouting, and I told a friend of mine that I would be right back, that I wanted to go find my sister.since I knew it was her and it was. thousands of people there and she wasnt afraid to Praise her Savior, but if saban would do that at his church, those elders would set on him big time.lol
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
and you want us to believe you follow Christ.
Let me show the folks your post on a Michelle Obama Forum and they can decide.
Fedup said: Michelle will have power and reign over the dumb azz people on this forum.
**I have many more upon requests. Like I've always said, you're a fraud Fedup.
Your mammy is a fraud...jackazz. What I said is true and I believe in the teachings of JESUS CHRIST. Never said I was perfect.
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

No it is not. It is not even mentioned in the bible.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
What a straw man Clay show you where they say the exact words you dream up in the moment.
2 Timothy clearly says scripture is sufficient and doess so with synonymous words.
Just like the doctrine of the Trinity, So by your retarded logic above we must believe you don't believe in the Trinity as no where in the Bible does any Apostle say God is a Trinity 3 persons one God.
You are posting like a 3 year old, If you continue your retarded illogical posts I will post through and not to you anymore. I hope you smarter than this last post.
Face it. You lost. You've failed to convince me or anyone that sola scripture is what Christ and His Apostles taught. All you shown is that you're able to manipulate the verses.

Don't get mad at me because you're embarrassed by trying to be an intellectual expert on Christianity. You came across as smug, and now you look stupid.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered that question already. I'm not familiar with Paul contradicting Jesus in any way. You might be able to enlighten me. I believe Paul was inspired by the Holy Spirit in his writing so I don't think there would be any contradiction between him and Christ.
What does it matter? What's your punch line?
No you didn't. You adverted the question altogether.

Again - I haven't said "Paul" contradicted Jesus, I asked, "why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?", considering the Bible is littered with his letters, but very few of the teachings by Jesus.

That is the question I initially asked. You are the one who diverted with implying that "Paul" and Jesus haven't any contradictions.

Please stay focussed.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
James the Less was the first bishop of Jerusalem, he died in the yr. 66. He was an apostle and cousin to Jesus. This is written in the catholic bible. so in your mind this is Jesus' 1/2 brother?
IF(and he isnt) James(not the less either)the JUST is a cousin of jesus, is he the brother of John the Baptist?and if he is a cousin, why is he always running around with mary?and with those others that the bible says are siblings of Jesus?

so tqaking all of that into account. YES I CAN SAY WITHOUT A DOUBT THAT THIS JAMES THE JUST IS THE HALF BROTHER OF JESUS.

and to help you out(free of charge of course)LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL 12 DISCIPLES AND YOU WILL FIND OUT THAT THERE ARE TWO JAMES. ONE IS THE BROTHER OF JOHN AND NOW THIS SHOULD HELP YOU OUT. THE OTHER JAMES IS [JAMES THE LESS] SINCE HE WAS NOT AS WELL KNOWN AND THE BROTHER OF JOHN.

three james.

james the brother of john

james[the less] the other , not as well known.

james the just, the brother of our lord, as Paul also confirms what the Gospel writers claim.tho of course, your catholic bible written by jerome, knows much better than those who walked with jesus and who knew the siblings of Jesus intimately.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
As respectfully as possible, I simply cannot follow where you are going. You don't make sense to me.
Then ask questions. What is it that you don't understand?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
As respectfully as possible, I simply cannot follow where you are going. You don't make sense to me.
Also - if I don't make sense to you, it is because you are probably so wrapped up in what men have given you to believe, you probably never researched Christianity before accepting what those men gave you to believe.

If you had done the research, you wouldn't be wondering what I am talking about.

You did research the religion before joining, right?

Or more aptly, you were probably indoctrinated with it through your childhood, and told to never question, huh?

You've been duped.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christian religions know the OT was translated from the Hebrew language...
Strong's Lexicon and the English dictionary says no one knows for sure if it was cypress..
Get help before you hurt yourself!!!!
I will take Jewish knowledge over that of Strongs. you are welcome to believe which ever you prefer.

as for me, the jewish people would know more about their religion and their land ,than you, me or strongs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 407,001 - 407,020 of530,342
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

399 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min curiouslu 717,106
Snapchat me girls !! ;) 3 min Thong thursday 2
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min River Tam 223,288
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 4 min ramireddi 109
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min Hidingfromyou 93,251
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 22 min Daddy 342
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 29 min Hidingfromyou 598,810
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 54 min aalw 110
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr UidiotRaceMAkeWorldpeace 171,518