Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,434
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
John Brown

Oklahoma City, OK

#422075 Feb 12, 2013
What part of Yahweh is not A god do you sheeple not understand.....His name Is Yahweh And because of the divine reverence of his name was believed to be to holy to be spoken.Man changed his name and made him a god.....the very thing he warns you not to worship god and or gods This Is one of satans greatest deceptions.And as revelation 12/9 say's the whole world is deceived.

And lets not leave out the fact that the roman catholick church is the woman that sits on seven hills named after seven different gods. And is with out a teacher but for satan.and has admitted to changing the sabbath from Saturday to Sunday they done away with the feast days for pagan holidays.And has changed the laws And if I remember right he say's do not add to or take away from his word...And this is what I read on here day after day his word.....His words are his laws....that no one keeps....And thus the reason we live in A sin sick world.

And he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of sin can you imagine what he will do to this world...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422076 Feb 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
We've already done it and we always come back to it because it's such a hard sale Dan. A 3 month old without faith can start his/her salvation.
* Just think Dan...if you didn't open your cake hole when I was talking with Catholic Girl about an hour ago, we never would've gone down this road but you just had to be heard.
You always come back to it.

I don't.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422077 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What teachings have been amended by the Church?
Another straw man.
I can have both Scripture and the teachings of the Church and sacred tradition as the foundation of my faith. Christ made it so. He founded the Church to teach His message.
The only "riddle" presented here is why you would disregard Christ's church and her teachings in favor of a "scripture alone" theology that actually contradicts scripture itself.
It's not a strawman. The inspiration of "the teachings of the Church and sacred tradition" would have to be proved. Where in scripture are we referred to these amendments to God's Word?

EXPLAIN: "a "scripture alone" theology that actually contradicts scripture itself."
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422078 Feb 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you already done this. Why do you keep coming back?
?

Just giving you the attention you crave, I guess.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422079 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you don't know a reason why anyone would consider him credible?
I can only ask so many times.
Because he's carrying God's two-edged sword and knows how to use it!

http://apologeticspress.org/pdfs/e-books_pdf/...
Clay

United States

#422080 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The statement I made To CLAY was made after reading several statements of his concerning the subject of the authority of the scriptures. I'm talking about several of his posts, but this was the one he had just mentioned:
"Don't you think you ought to show - from scripture - that scripture is the only thing revealed about Our Lords ministry, BEFORE you go on rant about "Bible this.. Bible that"?
Just show me where Christ commanded His Apostles write 27 books.
I already know you can't. So hopefully you'll see that you're sinning by adding something to Jesus Christ that is not part of His will." - Clay
I do also believe it was Clay that basically explained I was being unscriptural by hold holding people to scripture.
So, why shouldn't we allow Clay to simply explain himself.
As Catholics, we believe (and have always believed for 2,000 yrs) that scripture and Church are entwined together. We can not separate one and use it against the other. They flow in harmony.

Saban, its undeniable historic fact, that the Church came first and then the New Testament scriptures.
If the so - called- church of Christ, was the real one started by Jesus, they would know this.
The reality is: they popped up waaaay late in the game just like everybody else.

Again I would ask you (since you're purely Bible only) to show me where the books claim to be "the word of God". And where Jesus established these Books to be the sole authority on His Ministry?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422081 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a strawman. The inspiration of "the teachings of the Church and sacred tradition" would have to be proved. Where in scripture are we referred to these amendments to God's Word?
EXPLAIN: "a "scripture alone" theology that actually contradicts scripture itself."
Holy Scripture is inspired by God.

Scripture informs the teachings of the Church. The teachings of the Church inform sacred tradition, along with scripture. The Church is established in scripture to teach.

Scripture does not say that it alone encompasses all that informs the faith. Thus, to hold that belief is to contradict scripture, as you have to disavow the teaching authority of the Church (established in scripture) to hold a "bible alone" belief.

Understand?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422082 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he's carrying God's two-edged sword and knows how to use it!
http://apologeticspress.org/pdfs/e-books_pdf/...
Sigh.

Says who?

If he said that "scripture alone" is unbiblical, would you regard him the same way, or is he carrying water for your anti-Catholic beliefs, thus your approval fo him?
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422083 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture is authoritative as it's the infallible Word of God.
Infallible scripture tells us that Christ established His Church on Earth to teach His message until the end of time. So, scripture tells us that the Church is necessary-Christ thought it of sufficient import to confer His authority unto it.
Thus, "scripture alone" is contradictory to scripture.
Therefore saying: "His Church on Earth to teach His message until the end of time" effectively means that the Catholic church has hijacked Christ's church as we read about in the first century. It is now de-railed and the Church is the authority of the message rather than The Word.

Hallelujah! Stop the Thread! We agree!!

Golly, you're going to have me doing Hail Mary's!! Joy, joy, joy!

HAPPY
HAPPY
HAPPY.

The truth of the matter has been found.:)

My work is done.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422084 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Therefore saying: "His Church on Earth to teach His message until the end of time" effectively means that the Catholic church has hijacked Christ's church as we read about in the first century. It is now de-railed and the Church is the authority of the message rather than The Word.
HAPPY
HAPPY
HAPPY.
My work is done.
?

Who said that the Church supplanted scripture?

Saban, you still have work to do, but mainly with reading comprehension. Even Mosies Peneda would have read the post more effectively than you, and he's Peruvian.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422085 Feb 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
As Catholics, we believe (and have always believed for 2,000 yrs) that scripture and Church are entwined together. We can not separate one and use it against the other. They flow in harmony.
Saban, its undeniable historic fact, that the Church came first and then the New Testament scriptures.
If the so - called- church of Christ, was the real one started by Jesus, they would know this.
The reality is: they popped up waaaay late in the game just like everybody else.
Again I would ask you (since you're purely Bible only) to show me where the books claim to be "the word of God". And where Jesus established these Books to be the sole authority on His Ministry?
Romans 16:16b
"All the churches of Christ send greetings."
Clay

United States

#422086 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Since scripture does not come labeled, it would be contradictory to claim sola scripture when in fact, you just relied on something outside of scripture to even know its scripture in the first place!

The Bible alone theory is flawed from the word go.
Although I admire anyone who picks up the Holy Bible to encounter Christ, and I'm sure you experience the grace of God for doing so, you can't be the authority on its teachings.
Remember, we're not stopping you from reading your bible and being the best Christian possible. But we are stopping you from turning around and using the words of the Bible against the very Church upon which it came.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422087 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 16:16b
"All the churches of Christ send greetings."
They all believed in kind.

This isn't a denominational reference, Saban.

These early Christians were Catholic as you and I understand it.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422088 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Scripture is inspired by God.
Scripture informs the teachings of the Church. The teachings of the Church inform sacred tradition, along with scripture. The Church is established in scripture to teach.
Scripture does not say that it alone encompasses all that informs the faith. Thus, to hold that belief is to contradict scripture, as you have to disavow the teaching authority of the Church (established in scripture) to hold a "bible alone" belief.
Understand?
Galatians 1:8
"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under Godís curse!"

Does this sound like the teachings would ever change or be amended? Is this a reasonable verse for me to believe that the Bible alone can give me all the instruction I will ever need to know how Christ's church should operate?

Explain how you adhere to the authoritative teaching from Paul to the church at Galatia in Gal. 1:8 and how I am in violation of it.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422089 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They all believed in kind.
This isn't a denominational reference, Saban.
These early Christians were Catholic as you and I understand it.
I never would've said it was a denominational reference. I don't belong to a denomination as you yourself said, they are man-made.

Where does it say they were Catholic. The Christ's church hadn't been derailed into Catholicism yet.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422090 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
?
Who said that the Church supplanted scripture?
Saban, you still have work to do, but mainly with reading comprehension. Even Mosies Peneda would have read the post more effectively than you, and he's Peruvian.

HAPPY
HAPPY
HAPPY.

My work is done.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422091 Feb 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Since scripture does not come labeled, it would be contradictory to claim sola scripture when in fact, you just relied on something outside of scripture to even know its scripture in the first place!
The Bible alone theory is flawed from the word go.
Although I admire anyone who picks up the Holy Bible to encounter Christ, and I'm sure you experience the grace of God for doing so, you can't be the authority on its teachings.
Remember, we're not stopping you from reading your bible and being the best Christian possible. But we are stopping you from turning around and using the words of the Bible against the very Church upon which it came.
But it is SO EASY because the Apostasy has come so far...

I feel joy in my heart knowing that it is only Catholic traditions you can use to prove my religion wrong rather than God's Word.
Clay

United States

#422092 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
But it is SO EASY because the Apostasy has come so far...
I feel joy in my heart knowing that it is only Catholic traditions you can use to prove my religion wrong rather than God's Word.
Actually, even if we were to use the Bible alone..Catholicism still stands up against anyone who also use Bible alone. I wasn't kidding when I said Catholicism is so deep rooted and entwined with scripture, that on the surface, its not always blatantly easy to see.
One Dogma (the bodily Assumption of Mary) is definitely not blatantly there in scripture. On this one, we rely on the Holy Spirit to connect the dots for us. Its the same Holy Spirit that has guided the Church when they had no Bible but the Hebrew Books. Its a valid dogma when we look at the whole of the Bible and not verse chapter verse.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422093 Feb 12, 2013
"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under Godís curse!" (Gal. 1:8)

Yet, Catholics tell me they can have Scripture, and the "teachings of the Church", and their sacred tradition as the foundation of their faith.

Do Paul's words sound like the teachings would ever change or be amended? Who is the "WE" he is speaking of when he says IF EVEN WE OR AN ANGEL FROM HEAVEN?

And these Catholics have the nerve to tell me that it is unscriptural for my teaching to be scripturally based alone. They claim I need the teachings of the Church and their sacred tradition to go along with scripture. Those things came along AFTER Paul spoke these words to the Christians in Galatia. These people on this thread are not even Paul or the Angel from Heaven. Why should anyone believe them and their Apostasy?

Isn't this a reasonable verse for me to believe that the Bible alone can give me all the instruction I will ever need to know about going to Heaven and how Christ's church should operate?

Christ's church is the true church.(Rom. 16:16b) not the Catholic church. Paul even says, "let them be under God's curse." (Gal. 1:8b)

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#422094 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ii cited it.
Where have you been?
12 Rev, John 14:3
Keep up please. You already told me I was wrong about the interpretation, I think.
WE AGREE THAT THAT SCRIPTURE IS IN THE bIBLE, NOW YOU PROVE TO US THAT THIS IS MARY THAT jOHN AND jESUS WAS SPEAKING ABOUT SINCE BOTH KNEW HER.LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Rosa_Winkel 778,118
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min RiccardoFire 265,437
I like underage girls (Apr '09) 21 min TexasCPChampion 16
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 21 min Remnant of 144000 39,384
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 26 min Trannyfucker 136
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 37 min truth 605,329
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 45 min KiMare 96,851
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 47 min Lumajuice 441,821
More from around the web