Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
406,721 - 406,740 of 537,024 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox you didn't get the memo???...the pope said it was truth and even though the assumption of Mary was declared by a pope, who happens to be a man, Dan doesn't follow man. noooooo
You believe that ministry is unbiblical?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, my faith tells me that the Churhc Christ established cannot teach error.
The declaration of the Assumption in 1950 defined the belief in the Assumption as dogma, an article of faith revealed by God, which the magisterium of the Church presents as necessary to be believed.
Don't any Catholics read their pope approved NABre Bible...

Here is what it says about the word "church"...

There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Does anyone see this saying one thing about any Christian denomination????!!!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's "we"?
Who's WE???..Those who follow the Word of God and not man.... the non-catholics, the Christians.

Who did you think I was talking about?
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going in a circle here.
You left the Church (of men) so you, a man, could preach the Gospel.
Can only speak for myself but I'm much better for it. It is hard in this day and age to find a church that wants only to please God (not man) and stand on the gospel. I am more thankful than I can say God has blessed me with a wonderful wife and life in Christ. John 3:3
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's WE???..Those who follow the Word of God and not man.... the non-catholics, the Christians.
Who did you think I was talking about?
No idea. I thought I was talking to you as an individual, unaware that you speak for all non-Catholic Christendom.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe that ministry is unbiblical?
-I believe assumption of Mary is unbiblical
-Mary was sinless unbiblical
-and you started your salvation at 3 months old is unbiblical...lol
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Can only speak for myself but I'm much better for it. It is hard in this day and age to find a church that wants only to please God (not man) and stand on the gospel. I am more thankful than I can say God has blessed me with a wonderful wife and life in Christ. John 3:3
Glad to hear of your happiness.

Just clarifying on the post.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't any Catholics read their pope approved NABre Bible...
Here is what it says about the word "church"...
There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.
Does anyone see this saying one thing about any Christian denomination????!!!!!
Seems to reaffirm Catholic belief that the Church was founded by Christ with Peter as it's head on Earth.

Coming over to our side, Ox?
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Son't presume-simply provide information.
That's all I'm asking for as to Pineda's credibility.
You won't even allow yourself to be convinced of the Bible's credibility. What does Pineda's matter?
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Listen to the Holy Spirit's Voice
The Holy Spirit is God—a divine Being with a mind, emotions, and will. He is always with us (Psalm 139:7-8). His purposes include interceding for us (Romans 8:26-27) and making decisions to benefit the church (1 Corinthians 12:7-11). His voice comforts, and He offers counsel when we ask and listen (John 14:16).

When we feel that we have received personal instruction from God, we need to remain wise (Proverbs 4:7). We must “test the spirits”(1 John 4:1). The world is full of noise and distractions, and so are our minds. Life on earth is a spiritual battle. The enemy is eager to supply diversions to detract us from God's will (1 Peter 5:8). We must be vigilant to ensure that what we have heard is more than a feeling but is truly from God Himself.

Remember, God wants to show us the right path to take. He’s not in the business of hiding His will from those who seek Him. Isaiah 30:21 says, "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,‘This is the way; walk in it.’"

Here are some good questions to ask as we examine whether or not promptings are from the Lord: Are the promptings confusing or vague? God is not the author of confusion; He is the bringer of peace (1 Corinthians 14:33). Do they go against God's Word? God will not contradict Himself. Will following these promptings lead to sin? Those who live by the Spirit will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature (Galatians 5:16).

In addition to prayer, studying God's Word, and listening to the Holy Spirit, you may want to seek counsel from a Christian friend, family member, or pastor (Proverbs 15:22). GotQuestions.org is a great resource, too, as we have many volunteers waiting to help answer your questions with biblical truth.

God does not want us to fail. The more we listen to God, the better able we will be at distinguishing His voice from the other noises in our heads. Jesus, the Good Shepherd, gives His promise:“He goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice”(John 10:4). Others may speak,“but the sheep [do] not listen to them”(verse 8). The better we know our Shepherd, the less we have to worry about heeding the wrong voice.
from gotquestions.ca
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear not.

All of these Catholic beliefs are predicated in Scripture.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Christ established the Church-in scripture. He did not establish His Church to teach error.
Christ, per Scripture, built His church. "church" is a common noun. To support your false belief, you have to change Scripture. You change the common noun "church" to a proper noun (Church)...

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.{out of the book...: or, from the tree of life}

Enjoy eternity.....bring fans!!!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
The beliefs may be "unchucklical", but they are not "unbiblical".
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Son't presume-simply provide information.
That's all I'm asking for as to Pineda's credibility.
Who are Y O U to J U D G E a man's credibility before he presents God's Word. J U D G E him by his words and the case he builds using God's Word. Or,...be sanctimonious.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't even allow yourself to be convinced of the Bible's credibility. What does Pineda's matter?
Straw man.

I never denied the authority of Scripture.

Try again.

You cited someone to me whom you know nothing about, other than his having cast the Catholic Church in an unfavorable light?

Tsk, tsk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox you didn't get the memo???...the pope said it was truth and even though the assumption of Mary was declared by a pope, who happens to be a man, Dan doesn't follow man. noooooo
Which brings up the definition of "Christian"...a follower of Christ...da pope ain't Christ!!!! Honest!!!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ, per Scripture, built His church. "church" is a common noun. To support your false belief, you have to change Scripture. You change the common noun "church" to a proper noun (Church)...
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.{out of the book...: or, from the tree of life}
Enjoy eternity.....bring fans!!!!!
You deny that Christ established the Church in scripture?

You better hold on to your own fans.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to reaffirm Catholic belief that the Church was founded by Christ with Peter as it's head on Earth.
Coming over to our side, Ox?
Not really....it reaffirms...you have to change Scripture to believe your false belief....you change "church" which is a common noun, to a proper noun (Church)..

church: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

The Greek word for church does not show any denominations as part of its definition.....that's why you have to change Scripture to support your false belief......

Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The beliefs may be "unchucklical", but they are not "unbiblical".
Oh believe me Dan I know...the pope told you.

*Hard to imagine that a 3 month old who doesn't even know the sacrifice of Christ can actually start his/her salvation. You guys have some church I'll tell ya.

**Let me guess.."don't keep the children from coming to Me"...is that the one Dan?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are Y O U to J U D G E a man's credibility before he presents God's Word. J U D G E him by his words and the case he builds using God's Word. Or,...be sanctimonious.
I haven't been offered anything to judge, even if I wanted to.

Why would I read his work as authoritative?

I mean, you don't use him to do your taxes-you use someone who has credential in preparing tax forms. I'd assume that you'd at least vet him as much as your tax preparer, considering your immortal soul is at stake.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min lisw 172,914
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min 1859Petesake 117,774
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min BenAdam 729,936
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min JudgeNJury 259,192
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 min waaasssuuup 441,073
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 9 min Naveen kumar 977
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Stilgar Fifrawi 225,622
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 1 hr Jennette 75

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••