Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,331)

Showing posts 406,601 - 406,620 of529,972
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope meets and sees many common people.
It IS heartwarming, I'll agree.
Its too bad we live in a world where he feels the need to be behind bulletproof glass.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely God couldn't have worked through men, His creation, to place His will before them in a manner his creation could understand.
Its not like he hadn't done it before with the Old Testament writings obviously being used by the people in the NT.
Did you mean to say

..."God could have..." ?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Click on that website I posted. Click on OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS. or CANON LAWS read them. They each specifically pertain to abuse. You can GOOGLE each of them using the word abuse and see what comes up.
Most of their contents are not in english but one example dated .....1568 Pope Pius V abuse......GOOGLE IT...its the only time in the churches past history where a pope was actually trying to get rid of abusive clergy.
http://patrickjwall.wordpress.com/2010/05/01/...
Richard Sipe Father Tom Doyle and Patrick Wall wrote a book a few years back explaining all the papal documents and canon laws of the church that particularily pertain to clergy abuse.
I am not dumping on the church but everyone should be aware.
I'm sorry-I clicked on your link and don't see any official documents cited nor linked.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Its too bad we live in a world where he feels the need to be behind bulletproof glass.
Very sad.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
That was sort of a shotgun blast. Can you get me like one or two questions at a time?
Auricular confession simply means that which can be heard, so I think we understand each other here.
Again, if we can focus on one or two questions, we can dialogue a bit more effectively than playing "52 pickup" with the 20 or so things you mentioned.
What's first?
I like the last question. Are denominations the fault of men like those I've mentioned or the fault of the Apostate church?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the last question. Are denominations the fault of men like those I've mentioned or the fault of the Apostate church?
It's predicated on the presumption that the Church is/was, in fact, Apostate.

Who declared it such?
Catholic Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Seems the non-believers here, believe only what the tune is that they dance to. They seem to believe in only what they pick and choose to believe and not the Holy Spirit.

All those made up churches with their pastors seem to have no leadership of their church. They just preach and preach what they want to preach and what they seem to believe in at the time.

Can not believe people actually follow these people. Yet call a well established and well studied religion hog wash.???

Trust in God.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what you post? To a person who says "God Bless You"?
Scripture coupled with a "your mama" swipe?
Bitter old fool.

~~~

You attack with the sting of a scorpion...because of your ignorance of the word of God..

Jesus

said..

Mat_23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith

(Heb_12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.)

WHY DO YOU AND YOUR CO-HARTS IGNORE HIM AND ATTEMPT TO ESTABLISH YOUR OWN GOSPEL...

Rom_1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

EVIDENTLY YOU ARE ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL SINCE YOU DO NOT ABIDE IN IT.

JESUS SAID...

Joh_15:7 If ye abide in me, and

-->my words abide in you,,<--- ye shall ask what ye

will, and it shall be done unto you.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely God couldn't have worked through men, His creation, to place His will before them in a manner his creation could understand.
Its not like he hadn't done it before with the Old Testament writings obviously being used by the people in the NT.
I don't see where Christ instructed such a set of books. If you are going to base all of Christianity on that, you must provide scripture to validate it.

This is where all of Protestantism and sola scripture comes crumbling down. This is why there are 42,000 non catholic Christians sects teaching different. None of you have the authority to determine the faith yourself.... Especially to instruct on the faith!
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what you post? To a person who says "God Bless You"?
Scripture coupled with a "your mama" swipe?
Bitter old fool.
~~~
You attack with the sting of a scorpion...because of your ignorance of the word of God..
Jesus
said..
Mat_23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith
(Heb_12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.)
WHY DO YOU AND YOUR CO-HARTS IGNORE HIM AND ATTEMPT TO ESTABLISH YOUR OWN GOSPEL...
Rom_1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
EVIDENTLY YOU ARE ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL SINCE YOU DO NOT ABIDE IN IT.
JESUS SAID...
Joh_15:7 If ye abide in me, and
-->my words abide in you,,<--- ye shall ask what ye
will, and it shall be done unto you.
It's "cohorts", not "CO-HARTS".

Hiding behind your Bible to gratuitously insult Tony's mother is the act of a coward.

Own it.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Catholic Girl wrote:
Seems the non-believers here, believe only what the tune is that they dance to. They seem to believe in only what they pick and choose to believe and not the Holy Spirit.
All those made up churches with their pastors seem to have no leadership of their church. They just preach and preach what they want to preach and what they seem to believe in at the time.
Can not believe people actually follow these people. Yet call a well established and well studied religion hog wash.???
Trust in God.
On November 1, 1950, Pope Pius XII solemnly declared:
that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory

*So even though this doctrine is man-made, you believe it..correct? Just think...declared only a little over 60 years ago.

*So forgive me if I call it hog wash.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Catholic Girl wrote:
Trust in God.
that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory

**Question for you. How does he know this for sure?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

cross
you need explain my pain on hand
pain in lag but my conciseness is like its not like that catastrophic no..

my lag i told you minimum 25 cm up from feet

like fire..but i don 't fill that as reality..now i speak with my sons about that
minimum 1.5 mm dirty skin from feet and my lags like total cleansing trough me as spiritual i see that i touch that i pool that in fizical form always after prayers rosary.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
*So even though this doctrine is man-made, you believe it..correct? Just think...declared only a little over 60 years ago.
*So forgive me if I call it hog wash.
You're short-selling this, chuck.

The Assumption of Mary was the subject of study and discussion since the fourth century, and the Church interprets scripture as referring to it.

Pius XII didn't just come up with it over coffee one morning.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
You just dorgive, Clay, just as Jesusto know what the Church teaches, or try to understand why. They For the Catholic, we make an examination of conscience, and can repent, and turn toward a newer, deeper relationship with God through prayer , they don't REALLY trust this (I would not fully trust it, either!), because they have set themselves in the place of Jesus, without anyone to help them see if they might be kidding themselves in their relationship with God.
It happens.
In all my years of priesthood, I have only seen it happen a handful of times, but it HAPPENS. Human beings are capable of doing this.
Most of the time, the presence of another human being in unnecessary, because most people who are trtying to turn toward God are people of good will, and they are not deceiving themselves, or letting themselves be deceived. But because we are CAPABLE of letting this happen, there has to be that Sure, they could go get out their idol - er - Bible, and consult it as a oracle, but this has got to be ultimately unsatisfying.
Try to turn from reaction to a response with love and patience all be Catholics. You may find many Protestants of good will, people I am convinced would be declared saints, had they been Catholics. They exist.
But you won't find many here, sadly.
Rob
edited for space.

Rob says:
..I think it best not to argue. There is little point. Most of the posters here don't want to know what the Church teaches, or try to understand why. They just want to "prove" that they are "right," and that anyone who does not see things as they do is "wrong," or even "damned."

Michael says.....most all the posters have a good or general understanding what the church teaches. I don't have any proof and neither do you that your way or my way is right. We have beliefs based on teachings by others. You have a belief, just as Jews, Muslims, Hindus etc. have their beliefs that they believe as strongly in as you do about catholicism.

.....I am sure that those who don't see the world your way is wrong in your eyes, because you can't understand why they don't see the world the way you were taught, because that is all you were taught.

.....There will NEVER be a consensus on one religious belief. There will never just be one political party in our democracy.
If God really intended christianity or catholicism to rule our world he could have done that......because he is God.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you have no idea of what Clay's (nor anyone else's) view of the Bible is or isn't, why not simply answer the question?
The statement I made To CLAY was made after reading several statements of his concerning the subject of the authority of the scriptures. I'm talking about several of his posts, but this was the one he had just mentioned:

"Don't you think you ought to show - from scripture - that scripture is the only thing revealed about Our Lords ministry, BEFORE you go on rant about "Bible this.. Bible that"?

Just show me where Christ commanded His Apostles write 27 books.
I already know you can't. So hopefully you'll see that you're sinning by adding something to Jesus Christ that is not part of His will." - Clay

I do also believe it was Clay that basically explained I was being unscriptural by hold holding people to scripture.

So, why shouldn't we allow Clay to simply explain himself.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
**Question for you. How does he know this for sure?
Catholics believe that the Pope cannot err when teaching ex cathedra on matters of faith and morals.

This is one of those instances.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's a new year, and as much as I love the gentle and brilliant Pope Benedict, I understand why he's ready to pass the keys, so we will have a new Holy Father. I think of the scene in Star Wars where Obi Wan is battling the dark lord Vader, glances over and sees Luke is going to escape in order to save the rebellion and decides his job is done. lol.
Anyway, I'm moving over to the Catholic Answers forum, just signed up today. Hope to see you there!
God Bless you.
Tony
~~~
QUESTION
Just how many fathers can one have?
I have only one
What do you Constantians do ...with the words of Jesus..
He named only one FATHER and He gave His location.
YES--One Heavenly Father with Jesus Christ (His Son) as His (temporary) Earthly Representative (until His ascention) and appointing Peter as His earthly Representative to lead HIS Church until He (Jesus returns for the second time)
YES---and He gave us HIS "One True Church" in Matthew 16:13-21, the same Church that is referred to over 30 times in the New Testament:-----NOT 42,000 CONTRADICTING PROTESTANT (HODGE-PODGE OF PERSONAL OPINIONS The same One True Church which began at Antioch:(Acts 2) The same Church that that Paul refers to in His letters to the Churches in Ephesis, Corinth, Thessalonica, Colosses, Philippi, Galatia and on and on! NOT 42,000 INCONSISTENT PROTESTANT DENOMINATIONS OF RELATIVE TRUTH----The same One True Church that has Bishops, priests, deacons and elders (Acts 2 -again): The same One True Church that is authoritative, visible and heirarchical (Acts 2) NOT 42,000 CONFLICTING SELF INTERPRETATIONS OF THE BIBLE
YES---and He gave us His One TRUE Body and Blood in the Eucharist (John 6:47-59)---"the spoken, stated and expressed words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF":------NOT WORDS FROM SOME "SELF APPOINTED HERETICAL PREACHER" WHO MIS=QUOTES, MIS-INTERPRETS AND MIS-USES the TRUE INTERPRETAION of Gods Word to "appease and satisfy his vengeance and hostility" against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His (historically and biblically PROVEN One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. God "never has" nor "ever will be" the author of your bible only Protestant "confusion, chaos and heresy"!!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's predicated on the presumption that the Church is/was, in fact, Apostate.
Who declared it such?
They did, and I did.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you mean to say
..."God could have..." ?
No it was sarcasm to point out the lunacy of his statement.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 406,601 - 406,620 of529,972
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

367 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Buck Crick 223,179
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min gort 716,453
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min River Tam 598,745
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 33 min cock 333
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 53 min Black Power 154
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... 1 hr viky 59
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr bmz 36,393
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr Gabric 62
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr The Awakener 171,443