Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,246
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421932 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's predicated on the presumption that the Church is/was, in fact, Apostate.
Who declared it such?
They did, and I did.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421933 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you mean to say
..."God could have..." ?
No it was sarcasm to point out the lunacy of his statement.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#421934 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're short-selling this, chuck.
The Assumption of Mary was the subject of study and discussion since the fourth century, and the Church interprets scripture as referring to it.
Pius XII didn't just come up with it over coffee one morning.
my apologies...

doesn't change my post...man-made doctrine
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421935 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry-I clicked on your link and don't see any official documents cited nor linked.
Dan..

Below. Where it says PATRICK J. WALL. Below that.... BIOGRAPHY, OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS, CANON LAWS.

Click OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS, or CANON LAWS, or BIOGRAPHY read them.

as one example under official documents 1568 pope pius v, august 30, GOOGLE THAT .....1568 pope pius V abuse august 30.

http://www.richardsipe.com/patrick_wall/execu...
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#421936 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics believe that the Pope cannot err when teaching ex cathedra on matters of faith and morals.
This is one of those instances.
I'm aware of what catholics believe and the pope is still a man. Call it whatever you like Dan. The assumption of Mary is a man-made doctine because God's Word doesn't support it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#421937 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The statement I made To CLAY was made after reading several statements of his concerning the subject of the authority of the scriptures. I'm talking about several of his posts, but this was the one he had just mentioned:
"Don't you think you ought to show - from scripture - that scripture is the only thing revealed about Our Lords ministry, BEFORE you go on rant about "Bible this.. Bible that"?
Just show me where Christ commanded His Apostles write 27 books.
I already know you can't. So hopefully you'll see that you're sinning by adding something to Jesus Christ that is not part of His will." - Clay
I do also believe it was Clay that basically explained I was being unscriptural by hold holding people to scripture.
So, why shouldn't we allow Clay to simply explain himself.
But, Clay didn't renounce nor deny the authority of scripture. Clay isn't bound to use ONLY scripture as the source of revealed teaching as that's not HIS belief-it's your belief.

He asked you to, using scripture, illustrate where scripture declares itself as authoritative to the exclusion of all else.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421938 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's predicated on the presumption that the Church is/was, in fact, Apostate.
Who declared it such?
Well there you go. I guess a Pope never has declared it such - so it is not happening and has never happened.(that is sarcasm again, Dan)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#421939 Feb 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
my apologies...
doesn't change my post...man-made doctrine
It should have changed your post, since I indicated that there's a sciptural predicate for the belief.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#421940 Feb 12, 2013
The Hard Fact wrote:
To be Catholic truly Catholic, you must know this truth in your heart and soul. The universal truth of the catholic church is the fullest truth and the line of Jesus Christ
Jesus doesn't have any lineage.

Back to Christianity 101 for you.

Oh wait, you must be talking about the bogus Apostolic Succession that the RCC claims exist.

No worries - it has already been debunked when one Pope died in about a month from taking the papacy. Thus, showing that he did not receive all the necessary "mysteries" the succession supposedly offers to each.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421941 Feb 12, 2013
What the Bible says about the Catholic Church

http://apologeticspress.org/pdfs/e-books_pdf/...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#421942 Feb 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
edited for space.
Rob says:
..I think it best not to argue. There is little point. Most of the posters here don't want to know what the Church teaches, or try to understand why. They just want to "prove" that they are "right," and that anyone who does not see things as they do is "wrong," or even "damned."
Michael says.....most all the posters have a good or general understanding what the church teaches. I don't have any proof and neither do you that your way or my way is right. We have beliefs based on teachings by others. You have a belief, just as Jews, Muslims, Hindus etc. have their beliefs that they believe as strongly in as you do about catholicism.
.....I am sure that those who don't see the world your way is wrong in your eyes, because you can't understand why they don't see the world the way you were taught, because that is all you were taught.
.....There will NEVER be a consensus on one religious belief. There will never just be one political party in our democracy.
If God really intended christianity or catholicism to rule our world he could have done that......because he is God.
With all due respect, and not to be argumentative, most of the non-Catholic posters on this thread demonstrate a very poor knowledge of Catholic beliefs and teaching. They fail to cite actual Church teaching before making proclamations on what the Church teaches. They get the information from anti-Catholic websites or just make it up from what they hear.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#421943 Feb 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus doesn't have any lineage.
Back to Christianity 101 for you.
Oh wait, you must be talking about the bogus Apostolic Succession that the RCC claims exist.
No worries - it has already been debunked when one Pope died in about a month from taking the papacy. Thus, showing that he did not receive all the necessary "mysteries" the succession supposedly offers to each.
Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!
The papacy confers immortality and/or makes one immune from illness, NASL?

That's news.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#421944 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It should have changed your post, since I indicated that there's a sciptural predicate for the belief.
and where would they get a sciptural predicate for the belief from?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#421945 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there you go. I guess a Pope never has declared it such - so it is not happening and has never happened.(that is sarcasm again, Dan)
I get the sarcasm.

Someone still (I assume) declared the Church apostate, else you wouldn't have made it the fulcrum of your question.

Did someone? One of those you named?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#421946 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
What the Bible says about the Catholic Church
http://apologeticspress.org/pdfs/e-books_pdf/...
This appears to be what someone named Moisés Pinedo says that the Bible says about the Catholic Church.

Moisés Pinedo is a 35 year old Peruvian preacher-translator who completed theological studies in the Bible School of Americas in Panama.

Do you follow this person?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#421947 Feb 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture.

The Bible.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#421948 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The papacy confers immortality and/or makes one immune from illness, NASL?
That's news.
No it doesn't so I am not sure where you are getting this information from. If it was just a question, I'm not sure on why you would think it is involved. It isn't.

Although, with a Pope dying in office after about 30 days, it is highly unlikely that he would have received all of the supposed information related to his office and then passed it along to the next Pope.

Just dying in office, shows that the "Apostolic Succession" was not completed.

Shoot, when an organization only uses a single person to justify this succession, they have limited the abilities of "God", especially when there were 13 Apostles, and the RCC only claims relevance with less than six.

So-called "Apostolic Succession" is bogus and only spun the way it is with gullible individuals like yourself, whom assume and think they understand the message perceived is the correct one.

Thanks for responding!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#421949 Feb 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ch. 12 of Revelation, also John 14:3.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#421950 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture.
The Bible.
Really?

What book and chapter even comes close to this doctrine?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#421951 Feb 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>

You see a lopsided debate ...because Truth will always take precedence over your conjecture...fables and lies...
You.ve got it ALL wrong again--Confrinting--which is "nothing new" in your case. The fact is---There is "NOTHING to debate--NOTHING to discuss and NOTHING to argue over! The ONLY "authoritative, authenticated and verifiable TRUTH comes from Jesus Christ and HIS One and ONLY--- PROVEN (without a doubt) to be TRUE --Universal Catholic Church --(the Bride of Christ). Your "bible only" half truth Christianity, has "absolutely NO BASIS" of biblical or historical truth to back up "anything that you say" It is a "man-made" doctrine of belief that was "never believe by ANYONE" until the 17th century. It is nothing more that an extension of the Protestant Reformation that is grounded on "personal opinionated self-interpretation" of the bible., The Only truth that you can even (lay claim to) is "Relative Truth" (whatever each person believes)--"is the the truth". That is why (since the (protestant reformation) there are now over 42,000+ inconsistent, contradicting and conflicting denomination of (personal opinion bible interpetations. Liberalism and political correctness has infected many of these 42,000 beliefs in various ways, supporting
abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, emboyonic stem cell research, women ministers, homosexual immorality and on and on and on--whichever way the next "political wind blows" ----God IS NOT, NOR EVER WILL BE, the author of your "bible only" Protestant confusion, chaos and heretical (half-truth) Christianity!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*SEPT 2015 --- SIGNS of Tribulation 'start' 6 min FeastTrumpetsYTube 1
John Lennon was an Atheist 9 min Icew 28
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 777,566
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 min Rosa_Winkel 96,842
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 18 min Senecus 4,847
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 51 min dirty white boy- 605,292
real music !!!! 4 r-e-a-l !!! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr hpcaban 441,809
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr YellowPissreality 265,393
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 hr Freebird USA 175,775