Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,977
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#421481 Feb 11, 2013
when you destroy satelite
evil will disappier for ever..
i hope
by

Since: Nov 08

usa

#421482 Feb 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE WORD CHURCH IS FOUND IN THE BIBLE...NEW TESTAMENT
IN 79 verses found,
Matthew 2 verses found
Acts 18 verses found
Romans 4 verses found
1 Corinthians 16 verses found
2 Corinthians 1 verse found
Galatians 1 verse found
Ephesians 9 verses found
Philippians 2 verses found
Colossians 4 verses found
1 Thessalonians 1 verse found
2 Thessalonians 1 verse found
1 Timothy 3 verses found
2 Timothy 1 verse found
Titus 1 verse found
Philemon 1 verse found
Hebrews 2 verses found
James 1 verse found
1 Peter 1 verse found
3 John 3 verses found
Revelation 7 verses found
how come it's not in the old testament? maybe "churches" were not meant to be built? only one the true church which jesus sits upon his thrown up in heaven.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#421483 Feb 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE WORD CHURCH IS FOUND IN THE BIBLE...NEW TESTAMENT
IN 79 verses found,
Matthew 2 verses found
Acts 18 verses found
Romans 4 verses found
1 Corinthians 16 verses found
2 Corinthians 1 verse found
Galatians 1 verse found
Ephesians 9 verses found
Philippians 2 verses found
Colossians 4 verses found
1 Thessalonians 1 verse found
2 Thessalonians 1 verse found
1 Timothy 3 verses found
2 Timothy 1 verse found
Titus 1 verse found
Philemon 1 verse found
Hebrews 2 verses found
James 1 verse found
1 Peter 1 verse found
3 John 3 verses found
Revelation 7 verses found
The N.T. is wre man really did all the writing,or i should sayre-writing,every thing in the N.T. is all hearsay stories.not one writer saw jesus witnessed a miracle or anything,so how accurate can it be?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421484 Feb 11, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see the verse i left you about God giving the Spirit to those who obey Him?(believe-repent)
One knows if he has the Spirit of Jesus living in them do you?
And the Bible says, one cannot obey unless he has the Spirit inside them because only then can we do the will of God. Then No, we can't boast because its God's work.
So if we are God's children(and those who are know they are), then it says we will be disciplined by HIM.
And the Bible says our faith is a gift from God even, i could go on to disprove your doctrine...
I just don't see the work part to get saved.
Marge, could you please look at my comment you just replied to? The only verse I mention in that comment is Acts 2:38. Bless your heart, Acts 2:38 had already answered everything you just tried to convince me was true. It tells you HOW to be saved AND how to receive the Holy Ghost all in one. The answer, by "being baptized for the remission of sins". Not baptism as a symbol or baptism to join a particular church. Baptism FOR the remission of sins.

So many people are confused and think they are given Holy Spirit Baptism just as Peter was given, and later, if they feel led to do it, could go through water baptism as a symbol. This is NOT the case. This could not be biblical. If you believe what Paul says in Eph. 4, there is no longer more than ONE baptism. Why do so many in the "Christian" community practice two. Why do they all seem to want the baptism Peter experienced rather than the baptism Peter taught? We are to submit to the baptism Peter taught, at that time we will receive the Holy Ghost.

So many denominations get so caught up in the doctrine that "baptism is a work" that they fail to notice that they CANNOT find any scripture that suggests baptism is a work. Yet they would never suggest that developing faith took any work on their part. They fail to notice baptism is commanded as something we should SUBMIT to.

Matthew 7:21 shows us we must do the will of our father in Heaven, not just have faith only. This is consistent with the commandment to be baptized and it is consistent with Noah being saved ONLY through God's grace, ONLY after Noah's obedient, active faith.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421485 Feb 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
418 388
<quoted text>
I never said I could not find the word "church" in the Bible...Kingdom is not a definition of church...
Sure it is! What is Jesus' Kingdom if not the church?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421487 Feb 11, 2013
So the pope is resigning. Interesting.......
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#421488 Feb 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
418 388
<quoted text>
I never said I could not find the word "church" in the Bible...Kingdom is not a definition of church...
Daniel 2:44

44 “In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.

Ephesians 3:21

21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

The church will last forever just like the Kingdom.

The kingdom of Old Testament prophecy is the church.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#421489 Feb 11, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Eph 2: 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Saban, Its all God's idea to save us and give us a measure of Faith. To recieve that truth .
Nothing we do can save us nothing; what saved us is what Jesus did for us.
LTM,

Man's [obedient faith] responds to receive the gift that God is giving us.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#421490 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"the RCC is a sect that has biblical doctrine and non biblical doctrine, like Mary Worship.."
Then you said: "I trace my spiritual heritage through the spirit of God and am united through him to the body of Christ"
Here is the problem: the first quote above is a lie. No matter how many gazillion times you guys accuse us of worshiping Mary, its still a lie- just like the first time you uttered it.
So am I to believe you are united to Christ when you spread lies about Catholics?
Is that how you're successful in Brazil? By using deceit to get them away from the Catholic Church?
How are souls saved?

Per the most important apparition in RCC history... Mary tells the world...

"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved..."

Clear as day -- devotion to Mary = saved souls.

At what point does "devotion to save one's soul = worship?

Either Mary is to be worshiped, or she is being used like a pimp uses his hoos -- for his own gain.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#421491 Feb 11, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Eph 2: 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Saban, Its all God's idea to save us and give us a measure of Faith. To recieve that truth .
Nothing we do can save us nothing; what saved us is what Jesus did for us.
LTM,

Obedient faith....

Romans 16:26

26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the [obedience] that comes from [faith—]
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421492 Feb 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>how come it's not in the old testament? maybe "churches" were not meant to be built? only one the true church which jesus sits upon his thrown up in heaven.
It is better understood in terms of it also being the Kingdom. The Kingdom is spoken of throughout the Bible OT and New. It is recorded in each gospel that Jesus said many in the crowd would not die until the Kingdom arrived with power. It arrived with power from the Holy Spirit in Acts 2. Later in Revelation when John is writing to the 7 churches he tells them he is with them in the Kingdom.

To deny this fact would be to deny that Jesus Christ is now currently an eternal King. If he has no current Kingdom what is He King of? Is Jesus not yet a King?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#421493 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is better understood in terms of it also being the Kingdom. The Kingdom is spoken of throughout the Bible OT and New. It is recorded in each gospel that Jesus said many in the crowd would not die until the Kingdom arrived with power. It arrived with power from the Holy Spirit in Acts 2. Later in Revelation when John is writing to the 7 churches he tells them he is with them in the Kingdom.
To deny this fact would be to deny that Jesus Christ is now currently an eternal King. If he has no current Kingdom what is He King of? Is Jesus not yet a King?
"The Church" and "The Kingdom" are two different descriptions of the same group of people that are of God.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#421494 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus who is "king" over the kingdom......

Jesus who is "head" over the church.......
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421495 Feb 11, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Church" and "The Kingdom" are two different descriptions of the same group of people that are of God.
AMEN.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421496 Feb 11, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus who is "king" over the kingdom......
Jesus who is "head" over the church.......
...and AMEN.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#421497 Feb 11, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, I really think it is time to just let them go. Let them turn and devour one another.
I have watched the same falsehood stated over and over.
"The Catholic Church teaches x."
"Um ... no. Here is the appropriate reference from the Catechism. The CC does NOT teach or practice what you are saying."
Followed by either ....
"Does too!"
or ...
Silence for a while, and then a repetition of the original false statement.
or ...
Changing the subject.
I'll grant, the title of this thread is unnecessarily inflammatory. It's a red cape for the uneducated.
But there really isn't anything we can do about that. The person who started the thread did not understand the article she linked to, or purposely misstated it, to get a fight going.("Let's you and him fight!")
I think we would all be better served by abandoning this thread. Let the anti-Catholics revel in in, and do not even answer them.
They have all had abundant opportunity to ask a number of Catholics (or even a priest!) what we believe and why we believe it, and what it means for our lives, and our relationship with Jesus Christ.
They have not availed themselves of the opportunity. It does not interest them.
They want you to tell them that they are right (all of them, even though they do not agree with one another), and you (we) are wrong.
I would quit wasting time. We would be better served (as well as those who might want to know something about the Church!) if we abandoned this thread, and posted to some of the others on the forum.
Or pulled up stakes entirely, and head over to Catholic Answers forums.
Let them continue, to their own destruction. They cannot fool anyone who does not wish to be a fool. If they can attract someone to agree with them about ANYTHING by the beauty of their love for God expressed in love of neighbor, then they deserve their converts.
But you know as well as I that the "beauty" is sorely lacking, pushed asude by a desire to be "right," rather than a desire to know what is true (even when they disagree with it).
I hope all faithful Catholics can manage to shake the dust of tjis thread from our feet, and seek ways we can better serve the Lord, and better express our love for Him.
Rob
~~~

" Robert Dye"] wrote

"Clay, I really think it is time to just let them go. Let them turn and devour one another.

"Um ... no. Here is the appropriate reference from the Catechism. The CC does NOT teach or practice what you are saying."

~~~

You Roman Catholics remind me of the former PREVARICATOR...President.... Bill Clinton.

YOU CLAIM NOT TO DO.... WHAT YOU HAVE DONE ...AND ARE CURRENTLY INVOLVED IN.

YOU MUST TAKE THE WHOLE WORLD TO BE A BUNCH OF BLIND FOOLS...

YOU TELL A LIE WHEN THE TRUTH FITS BETTER,,,

YOU WILL FIND OUT TO LATE...

THAT YOUR ROME GROWN RELIGION (CONSTANTIN-ISM ) IS

NOT CHRISTIANITY, WHEN YOU STAND IN JUDGMENT BEFORE GOD.

That God don't compromise his word

for any one.
truth

Perth, Australia

#421498 Feb 11, 2013
devil is devil not agreement with devil
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#421499 Feb 11, 2013
everything as devil want
blade
bladshade
it is written
bladeshade

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Clay

United States

#421500 Feb 11, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
RCC's bow before graven images of a Blonde haired blued statue that somehow is to represent an olive skin brown eyed woman from the line of David.
They pray before these graven images and contradict every teaching in the NT of how we are to pray.
Jesus taught us to pray and he never prayed to anyone other than God.
That is because prayer is act of worship and reserved for God only.
RC's clearly practice Idolatry and Idol worship.
They also pray to all sorts of graven images of dead men and women and commit Idolatry.
NO IF ANDs BUTS or ORS
here all this time I thought I was worshiping Jesus Christ. It took a really smart Pentecostal Baptist Evangelical (or whatever you are) to save me from the idolatry I was doing by worshiping Mary!
lol.

I got news for you, for every soul you steal away from the Eucharist using these lies, is a soul you'll need to explain to Christ someday.
It seems you guys cant function as a religion unless you bear false witness against Catholics.
(that is undeniable proof for me, that I indeed belong in the correct Church)
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421501 Feb 11, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, I really think it is time to just let them go. Let them turn and devour one another.
Followed by either ....
"Does too!"
or ...
Silence for a while, and then a repetition of the original false statement.
or ...
Changing the subject.
I'll grant, the title of this thread is unnecessarily inflammatory. It's a red cape for the uneducated.
But there really isn't anything we can do about that. The person who started the thread did not understand the article she linked to, or purposely misstated it, to get a fight going.("Let's you and him fight!")
I think we would all be better served by abandoning this thread. Let the anti-Catholics revel in in, and do not even answer them.
They have all had abundant opportunity to ask a number of Catholics (or even a priest!) what we believe and why we believe it, and what it means for our lives, and our relationship with Jesus Christ.
They have not availed themselves of the opportunity. It does not interest them.
They want you to tell them that they are right (all of them, even though they do not agree with one another), and you (we) are wrong.
I would quit wasting time. We would be better served (as well as those who might want to know something about the Church!) if we abandoned this thread, and posted to some of the others on the forum.
Or pulled up stakes entirely, and head over to Catholic Answers forums.
Let them continue, to their own destruction. They cannot fool anyone who does not wish to be a fool. If they can attract someone to agree with them about ANYTHING by the beauty of their love for God expressed in love of neighbor, then they deserve their converts.
But you know as well as I that the "beauty" is sorely lacking, pushed asude by a desire to be "right," rather than a desire to know what is true (even when they disagree with it).
I hope all faithful Catholics can manage to shake the dust of tjis thread from our feet, and seek ways we can better serve the Lord, and better express our love for Him.
Rob
Robert, if all Catholics were Christians they would ALL be priests. 1 Pet. 2:5, 2:9
With a High Priest...
Heb. 4:14

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Bud-e-roe 753,755
Do you Think Pageants are good for teenagers (Feb '12) 20 min Otto Von Hapsburg 5
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 21 min CIMe 118,744
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min truth 262,093
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 25 min bad bob 174,545
If I had the POWER............ 37 min Doctor REALITY 53
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 40 min curious 284
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 51 min BenAdam 602,855
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 96,454
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 8 hr girls united states 173

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE