Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,959
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#421476 Feb 10, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sherlayne how have you been?
And Yes it's lying, don't you believe a loving God would have people on the earth that shared HIS Absolute TRUTH, of course a loving God would.
Repent and believe Sherlayne, God sent Jesus to pay fully for your sins, absolute Truth.
Hi Marge, so kind of you to ask about me. As you probably know, both my husband and I are fighting sicknesses, but it could be worse. He has chronic congestive heart failure but his last test showed significant improvement! He literally saved my life last week; I went into insulin shock (my sugar plummeted to 20) but we have one of those Life Alert Systems and the paramedics and police were here within minutes. I spent 4 days in the hospital while they tried to get my sugar regulated. The GREAT news is we have our first grandson, Blake! He's 4 months old today. We're thrilled! My son and his wife are wonderful parents. Even their little dog is protective of the baby.

I come here hoping that some of my past faith will somehow get me in its grasp again. Sadly that hasn't happened yet, but I do read and try. Thanks again for inquiring about me; I hope you're doing well and I look forward to talking to you again! God bless :)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#421477 Feb 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot find the word "Church" in the Bible....where are you seeing this word?
Whadda bouit concerned in Egypt??? Why can you not show me Scripture that shows the word "Church"???????!!!

concerned in Eygpt wrote:

There is only one Church and it has existed since the time of Jesus he founded it the Gospel is the Cornerstone.
YOUR institution called the RCC is a sect that has biblical doctrine and non biblical doctrine like Mary worship and prayers to the dead among many others.
The List is extensive.
I trace my spiritual heritage through the Spirit of God and am United through him to the Body of Christ Past Present and Future.
I do not need an earthly membership card his seal is on my heart.
I need not belong to your heretical sect no more than I need belong to the Lutheran Sect to be in the fullness of God.
What is plain to those who are truly indwelt with the HOLY Spirit the comforter who was sent by Jesus is the RCC has become exactly what the Pharisees were in the NT church.
HYPOCRITES
just as you try to point out four square leadership issues in the past their splinters, you ignore the Board in your RCC's eye.
StarC you walk in Pride.
You love to be able to say I belong to thee one I am in you are out I have you don't.
Never once accepting historical facts
Never once accepting Biblical facts
That are in direct contradiction to your assertions.
God Bless you do have much compassion I have sensed in your posts in the past

My response: I cannot find the word "Church" in the Bible....where are you seeing this word?

truth

Perth, Australia

#421478 Feb 10, 2013
only ''Holy Spirit can call say Jesus is Lord''..how many Lord you have..i told you every spirit is not holy..but i told you, you are man not God..think about that..
Who seek my life must died?.
truth

Perth, Australia

#421479 Feb 10, 2013
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
io allready told
''this is my heart as human symbol..i trust in you..''
''kad te ptrijatelji prezru
to za zrtvu Bogu daj
on ce uzet te za ruku
utjeha ce biti znaj''
truth

Perth, Australia

#421480 Feb 11, 2013
''kad te prijatelji prezru
to za zrtvu bogu daj
on ce uzet te za ruku
utjeha ce biti znaj''

I experience that hand..''I trust in you''.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
truth

Perth, Australia

#421481 Feb 11, 2013
when you destroy satelite
evil will disappier for ever..
i hope
by

Since: Nov 08

usa

#421482 Feb 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE WORD CHURCH IS FOUND IN THE BIBLE...NEW TESTAMENT
IN 79 verses found,
Matthew 2 verses found
Acts 18 verses found
Romans 4 verses found
1 Corinthians 16 verses found
2 Corinthians 1 verse found
Galatians 1 verse found
Ephesians 9 verses found
Philippians 2 verses found
Colossians 4 verses found
1 Thessalonians 1 verse found
2 Thessalonians 1 verse found
1 Timothy 3 verses found
2 Timothy 1 verse found
Titus 1 verse found
Philemon 1 verse found
Hebrews 2 verses found
James 1 verse found
1 Peter 1 verse found
3 John 3 verses found
Revelation 7 verses found
how come it's not in the old testament? maybe "churches" were not meant to be built? only one the true church which jesus sits upon his thrown up in heaven.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#421483 Feb 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE WORD CHURCH IS FOUND IN THE BIBLE...NEW TESTAMENT
IN 79 verses found,
Matthew 2 verses found
Acts 18 verses found
Romans 4 verses found
1 Corinthians 16 verses found
2 Corinthians 1 verse found
Galatians 1 verse found
Ephesians 9 verses found
Philippians 2 verses found
Colossians 4 verses found
1 Thessalonians 1 verse found
2 Thessalonians 1 verse found
1 Timothy 3 verses found
2 Timothy 1 verse found
Titus 1 verse found
Philemon 1 verse found
Hebrews 2 verses found
James 1 verse found
1 Peter 1 verse found
3 John 3 verses found
Revelation 7 verses found
The N.T. is wre man really did all the writing,or i should sayre-writing,every thing in the N.T. is all hearsay stories.not one writer saw jesus witnessed a miracle or anything,so how accurate can it be?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421484 Feb 11, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see the verse i left you about God giving the Spirit to those who obey Him?(believe-repent)
One knows if he has the Spirit of Jesus living in them do you?
And the Bible says, one cannot obey unless he has the Spirit inside them because only then can we do the will of God. Then No, we can't boast because its God's work.
So if we are God's children(and those who are know they are), then it says we will be disciplined by HIM.
And the Bible says our faith is a gift from God even, i could go on to disprove your doctrine...
I just don't see the work part to get saved.
Marge, could you please look at my comment you just replied to? The only verse I mention in that comment is Acts 2:38. Bless your heart, Acts 2:38 had already answered everything you just tried to convince me was true. It tells you HOW to be saved AND how to receive the Holy Ghost all in one. The answer, by "being baptized for the remission of sins". Not baptism as a symbol or baptism to join a particular church. Baptism FOR the remission of sins.

So many people are confused and think they are given Holy Spirit Baptism just as Peter was given, and later, if they feel led to do it, could go through water baptism as a symbol. This is NOT the case. This could not be biblical. If you believe what Paul says in Eph. 4, there is no longer more than ONE baptism. Why do so many in the "Christian" community practice two. Why do they all seem to want the baptism Peter experienced rather than the baptism Peter taught? We are to submit to the baptism Peter taught, at that time we will receive the Holy Ghost.

So many denominations get so caught up in the doctrine that "baptism is a work" that they fail to notice that they CANNOT find any scripture that suggests baptism is a work. Yet they would never suggest that developing faith took any work on their part. They fail to notice baptism is commanded as something we should SUBMIT to.

Matthew 7:21 shows us we must do the will of our father in Heaven, not just have faith only. This is consistent with the commandment to be baptized and it is consistent with Noah being saved ONLY through God's grace, ONLY after Noah's obedient, active faith.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421485 Feb 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
418 388
<quoted text>
I never said I could not find the word "church" in the Bible...Kingdom is not a definition of church...
Sure it is! What is Jesus' Kingdom if not the church?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421487 Feb 11, 2013
So the pope is resigning. Interesting.......
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#421488 Feb 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
418 388
<quoted text>
I never said I could not find the word "church" in the Bible...Kingdom is not a definition of church...
Daniel 2:44

44 “In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.

Ephesians 3:21

21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

The church will last forever just like the Kingdom.

The kingdom of Old Testament prophecy is the church.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#421489 Feb 11, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Eph 2: 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Saban, Its all God's idea to save us and give us a measure of Faith. To recieve that truth .
Nothing we do can save us nothing; what saved us is what Jesus did for us.
LTM,

Man's [obedient faith] responds to receive the gift that God is giving us.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#421490 Feb 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"the RCC is a sect that has biblical doctrine and non biblical doctrine, like Mary Worship.."
Then you said: "I trace my spiritual heritage through the spirit of God and am united through him to the body of Christ"
Here is the problem: the first quote above is a lie. No matter how many gazillion times you guys accuse us of worshiping Mary, its still a lie- just like the first time you uttered it.
So am I to believe you are united to Christ when you spread lies about Catholics?
Is that how you're successful in Brazil? By using deceit to get them away from the Catholic Church?
How are souls saved?

Per the most important apparition in RCC history... Mary tells the world...

"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved..."

Clear as day -- devotion to Mary = saved souls.

At what point does "devotion to save one's soul = worship?

Either Mary is to be worshiped, or she is being used like a pimp uses his hoos -- for his own gain.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#421491 Feb 11, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Eph 2: 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Saban, Its all God's idea to save us and give us a measure of Faith. To recieve that truth .
Nothing we do can save us nothing; what saved us is what Jesus did for us.
LTM,

Obedient faith....

Romans 16:26

26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the [obedience] that comes from [faith—]
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421492 Feb 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>how come it's not in the old testament? maybe "churches" were not meant to be built? only one the true church which jesus sits upon his thrown up in heaven.
It is better understood in terms of it also being the Kingdom. The Kingdom is spoken of throughout the Bible OT and New. It is recorded in each gospel that Jesus said many in the crowd would not die until the Kingdom arrived with power. It arrived with power from the Holy Spirit in Acts 2. Later in Revelation when John is writing to the 7 churches he tells them he is with them in the Kingdom.

To deny this fact would be to deny that Jesus Christ is now currently an eternal King. If he has no current Kingdom what is He King of? Is Jesus not yet a King?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#421493 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is better understood in terms of it also being the Kingdom. The Kingdom is spoken of throughout the Bible OT and New. It is recorded in each gospel that Jesus said many in the crowd would not die until the Kingdom arrived with power. It arrived with power from the Holy Spirit in Acts 2. Later in Revelation when John is writing to the 7 churches he tells them he is with them in the Kingdom.
To deny this fact would be to deny that Jesus Christ is now currently an eternal King. If he has no current Kingdom what is He King of? Is Jesus not yet a King?
"The Church" and "The Kingdom" are two different descriptions of the same group of people that are of God.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#421494 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus who is "king" over the kingdom......

Jesus who is "head" over the church.......
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421495 Feb 11, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Church" and "The Kingdom" are two different descriptions of the same group of people that are of God.
AMEN.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421496 Feb 11, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus who is "king" over the kingdom......
Jesus who is "head" over the church.......
...and AMEN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Buck Crick 751,326
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 17 min waaasssuuup 602,284
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min Thinking 230,133
Father of beheaded man blames Bush, not Zarqawi (Jun '06) 27 min swedenforever 40
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 56 min Tim Osman 118,680
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 261,722
How to Talk Masturbation with Your Kids. 1 hr andet1987 3
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 2 hr i want it 1,074

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE