Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688468 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Saban fan

Tucker, GA

#421661 Feb 11, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I think we should all go.
If there were no Catholic here arguing with them, they would turn on one another, and tear each other to ribbons.
I appreciate that you wish to defend against attacks on Catholic Teaching, but in this case, it is truly pointless.
They DON'T want to know what the Church teaches, so there isn't even any point in answering eir attacks.
Let them stand.
Their words will witness against them at the end of all things.
It always bothers me to see you getting your bp up dealing with these folks.
Much better (in my opinion) to find a place where someone wants to know your faith, why you believe as you do, and how that informs your relationship with Christ.
I have set out to write a post to each Catholic on the thread, to encourage all to look for faith sharing rather than argument.
If you choose to stay on this hread and argue, I'll not argue with you about that decision, although I do not think remaining advances the cause of Christ. Advancing the cause of Christ should ALWAYS be our first concern: how can we live our love for God expressed in love of neighbor.
I do not believe wasting time on people like Michael, confrinting, New Age, or the like advances the cause of Christ.
Whatever you decide, I hope God will bless your decision, and suport you with the power of the Holy Spirit.
God bless you, and grant you a holy Lenten season. May you grow every day closer to following the Lord Jesus Christ.
Peace!
Rob
Doesn't the Bible tell us we should be able to give a defense?

There are several questions I've asked you that have gone unanswered. With all due respect, it be time for you to disappear too.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#421662 Feb 11, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe wasting time on people like Michael, confrinting, New Age, or the like advances the cause of Christ.
of course you don't. because you would rather only believe in a portion of Jesus, than ALL of what he taught.

If anyone is causing Jesus to not exist - Christianity has.

What are you afraid of?

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#421663 Feb 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ started not a Church....that word is not in Scripture!!!!!
Mt 16:18. 1 Tim. 3:15

gif gave you a list.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#421664 Feb 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text> No but some other Bishop---just like him---will be taking His place!!!
Hi hojo, in case you missed it this morning.

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/507683...
Keep listen there is more after the commercials..

Determining the top candidates for papacy
http://www.osv.com/tabid/7621/itemid/9643/Det...
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#421666 Feb 11, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't the Bible tell us we should be able to give a defense?
There are several questions I've asked you that have gone unanswered. With all due respect, it be time for you to disappear too.
I don't recall seeing your questions.

Please, if you really want an answer about the Catholic faith, feel free to ask me a question.

If you are looking for an argument, please don't bother.

Rob
The Hard Fact

Yankton, SD

#421667 Feb 11, 2013
To be Catholic truly Catholic, you must know this truth in your heart and soul. The universal truth of the catholic church is the fullest truth and the line of Jesus Christ
JOHN

Chino Hills, CA

#421668 Feb 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look at the history of the Church you will find an unbroken string of Popes from St. Peter to today. Christ said Peter on this rock I will build my Church. Protestants can not say this as their church began 500 years ago and were started by humans not God.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#421669 Feb 11, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting video. I had no idea that the RCC had a Saint for everyday of the year like the pegan religions in Egypt etc. had.
LOL who is this person that's also posting lies?

I looked at my Catholic calendar there's only a few this month [saints birthdays]....we remember birthdays just like you remember your loved ones that have passed on.
Or are you a JW [20th century church] that doesn't celebrate anything!!!??? Not even the Pledge of Allegiance.
Clay

Denver, CO

#421670 Feb 11, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Clay I didn't know if you had a chance to look this over.
Concerned in Eygpt brought up the fact of pope john paul kissing the quran. Can the passage below apply to the pope:
2 John 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, 11 for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.
*or is your argument God's Word is not the sole source of Christianity?
The Pope didn't kiss the Quaran because he thought it was Gods word. He kissed it because it was given to him as a gift by Muslims during an official visit (to Iraq I believe). It is regarded as the most sacred book to 1.6 billion of those people here on Earth. The Pope was showing respect to them; extending an olive branch of peace. At no time did we Catholics ever think our Pope was endorsing Islam. Its obviously a very Christian thing for him to do, considering the centuries of bloodshed between Islam and Christianity. And to have them give him their most holy thing as a gift... what would a Christian do? Throw it on the ground?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#421671 Feb 11, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
Much of what I have posted on here is the truth. Catholics just don't want to accept the truth when its told.
Catholics on this forum have criticized, insulted and belittled non catholics just as much as the other way around.
They found an excuse to leave this forum after 400,000 posts. There decision wasn't based on their own personal knowledge, or their own research, it was based on someone else determining for them what they should do. Its the sheep mentality as it has always been.
UNBELIEVABLE!
are you attacking catholic people personally? or over their false beliefs in the cover ups of their satanic deeds? there is a difference,i do not hate catholic people,if they choose to support an organization that does not frown upon evil doing by it's highest of members,that's there joice,i myself do not understand it,they act as if it's ok because they are catholic,and yet they attack and verbally degrade any other organization who has been accused of wrong doing of any kind,take regina for instance,she posted a story about child molesting within the baptist church and put them down for their inappropiate behaviour,but change baptist to catholic,and she has nothing to say,amazing huh? no organization is perfect,religious or otherwise,lying is key to success,i get myself in trouble all the time at work when a new potential client comes through checking the place over,and if he/she stops and asks me a question or two i tell them the truth,my reply may put the company in a bad light,but it is a truthful response. i got a call one day from the vice-president of the company i work for,it seems that the company that i do work for found out i was going out on medical leave for a few months,and the guy i work with suffered a major heart attack,allmost didn't make it,anyway the vice-ceo called and drilled me about who i talked to at the company i'm subcontracted to and how they found out about what is going on with me and the other guy,he plainly said "don't ever tell anyone what is going on here with personel or any problems we may be experiencing,when asked "lie" is what i was told to do,and i don't,i explain exactly what is going on and how long it will take to correct the problem,and for some reason that is a sin in the buisness world,considering how heavily invested in all kinds of buisneses the church is in, no wonder why they don't mind lying and covering up the truth....I'm not allowed to talk to new clients anymore :),but then again they do not know i'm not going back to work,they think i'm going to be out only for a few months,my doctor wants me to go on disabilty because my job requires some heavy lifting and trying to maintain two houses and being on chemo is taking it's toll on my body,he is right but i don't feel comfortable getting money for nothing,i've worked for everything i own,never had anyone hand me anything for free,and if they did i made sure i paid them back one way or another,like plowing out my neighbors driveway because she is pushing 50,has two lazy daughters who do not help her,and they have a three car driveway,so i go over there and do it for her,samething with my neighbor across from me,he's had 3 heart attacks,so i go over there and do his,because i owe him,when i was layed up for months after having surgery,he made sure i had a morning paper to read,never asked him,he just did it when he found out i couldn't drive or move much,had 80 staples in my stomach,i had two choices lay in bed all day or on the couch, i could sit up but only breifly because of the pain and the possibility of the staples popping out.i have some good neighbors,at both my houses.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#421673 Feb 11, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Mt 16:18. 1 Tim. 3:15
gif gave you a list.
Both say "church".....a common noun...."Church" is a proper noun...it is not used in Scripture!!!!! Hello the camp!!!!
Cardinal Mahoney

Aliso Viejo, CA

#421674 Feb 11, 2013
The Hard Penis Fact wrote:
To be Catholic priest, you must have it in your heart to be a child molester. The universal truth of the catholic church is that they seek out child molesters to preach the word of God
AMEN!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#421675 Feb 11, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't be surprised if the good Lord caused us to bump into each other one Sunday when I get the opportunity to go to mass at the Cathedral. If you're ever in a large north suburban parish on a Friday at 7:00 a.m., come into the chapel for perpetual Eucharistic Adoration, I'll be there. I may happen in on the board occasionally just to say hi to my dear Catholic friends, and I'll keep you all in my prayers. I hope to get a chance to say farewell to Dust Storm and Dan, and brother Robert F. If Gene D. is out there somewhere, hope you're doing well! God Bless.
Tony
AnthonyMN

Bye Tony. God Bless and keep you....

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#421676 Feb 11, 2013
socci wrote:
Vatican dismisses talk of pope resigning in 2012
FREIBURG, Germany | Sun Sep 25, 2011
(Reuters)- The Vatican dismissed an Italian newspaper report on Sunday that Pope Benedict was considering resigning next year when he turns 85.
"The pope's health is excellent," Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi said. "We don't know anything about it. Ask the person who wrote it."
http://in.reuters.com/article/2011/09/25/idIN...
The pope told the cardinals that in order to govern "...both strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognize my incapacity to adequately fulfill the ministry entrusted to me."

“The pope, known for his conservative doctrine, did not intend to influence the decision of the cardinals who will enter a secret conclave to elect a successor, Vatican spokesman Father Lombardi Federico said.

Benedict stepped up the Church's opposition to gay marriage, underscored the Church's resistance to a female priesthood and to embryonic stem cell research.

A new leader of the world's 1.2 billion Roman Catholics could be elected as soon as Palm Sunday, on March 24 and be ready to take over by Easter a week later, he said.”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#421677 Feb 11, 2013
JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look at the history of the Church you will find an unbroken string of Popes from St. Peter to today. Christ said Peter on this rock I will build my Church. Protestants can not say this as their church began 500 years ago and were started by humans not God.

JOHN

Chino Hills, CA

#421678 Feb 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Who started you Church? If your Protestant there was a human that started it. It is a fact get used to it. God started the Catholic Church plain and simple.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421679 Feb 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text> No but some other Bishop---just like him---will be taking His place!!!
see then you think the 8th will have the Spirit and Power of Pope J P insted of it being JP himself aas you have impled in the past concerning the 7 kings and the 8th being of the 7. Gottcha !!!!

<snicker>
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421680 Feb 11, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL who is this person that's also posting lies?
I looked at my Catholic calendar there's only a few this month [saints birthdays]....we remember birthdays just like you remember your loved ones that have passed on.
Or are you a JW [20th century church] that doesn't celebrate anything!!!??? Not even the Pledge of Allegiance.
ENJOY it is really informative.

Clay

Denver, CO

#421681 Feb 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
you've stated this about 7 or 8 times. Its apparent you're attempting some stupid trap.
I think one of your fellow fundies showed you a dozen or so scripture verses that says CHURCH.

Regardless, once we are gone from this thread, your allies against Catholics will turn against you. It will be an atomic bomb of Bible verse warfare. Each of ya claiming the Holy Spirit guides your interpretations.
If Preston can get you to believe his mystical revelations from God almighty, you'll join him. And he will be your Pope! lol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421682 Feb 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
who do YOU think started this Chruch that God added to daily and do you consider Acts as being Scripture?

Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
acts 2:47

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 17 min Double Fine 36,169
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 53 min ffj 988,400
How did black people get here ( economically) 4 hr Johnny 58
United 175 hit the south [email protected] 6 hr Doctor REALITY 2
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 6 hr Doctor REALITY 15
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 hr scienceanswersall 619,813
We do NOT need any walls! 20 hr Johnny 31
More from around the web