Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,303)

Showing posts 406,041 - 406,060 of529,768
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a theory or argument I will give you that but like your RCC you think that in and of yourselves that proves it. You however offer no evidence let along complying evidence. There is nothing reasonable about a argument with no evidence, that is what is called hear say or blowing hot air.
I do not base anything from Men of the 15th century or of men from any century, My evidence and faith of belief is fully grounded in the word of God, yes that book we call the Bible that contradicts numerous RC teachings that you choose to follow blindly.
Because the NT was written down some years after it was spoken again is your straw man argument.
They heard and they believed by the power of the Holy Spirit they did not need to read it.
But even then like the Bereans they tested the teachings in light of known scripture the OT.
They still had a Bible and they the NT Church used it to correct rebuke and teach.
AS Did Jesus he used the OT to prove what he was speaking as it his words deeds and actions were confirmed by the written word.
Truth Matters not make it up as you go RCC teachings.
But I find all of the RCC teachings in scripture.
Grant it, not all of them are explicitly spelled out in detail. Thats ok though, because I don't think the Bible was written in that way....as a literal word for word transmission from God to us.

let me ask you a question: if the Catholic Church is not the true original Church, then who is?
Christ could only have started one... and one of us has to be the authority and teach correctly.

“OneLordOneFaithE ph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying God won't call an ex- truck driver to preach His Holy Word .
Did not Jesus call fisher man Peter, did He not call Saul(Paul) who was killing all the People wh followed The Way (JESUS).
You, Regina, Anthony, HOJO, etc are not priest either so why should we listen to you. Who are you, see where your logic leads no were.
The Holy Spirit uses whom He will and He does need your permission StarC.
You should pray for wisdom, and ask God in the name Of Jesus for a clear revelation of His Holy Word.
Jesus himself appointed the apostles. Who

appointed gif and you to interpret the Bible, Who? Sister Aimee the founder of the Pentecostal

church?? That’s a joke she was an adulteress and

drug addicted. Hey, lets call it Aimee-nism!!!!

LOL
FYI>
“In the years that followed, Sister Aimee

continued her preaching and international tours,

but her love affair with the press had ended, and

rumors persistently followed her. She MARRIED A

THIRD TIME in 1931, then divorced in 1934. She

died in 1944 from an OVERDOSE of barbituates. She

is buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale,

California. The Angelus Temple still is a church

for the Foursquare Gospel, which today claims over

two million members worldwide.”

http://www.usc.edu/libraries/archives/la/scan...
[non-Catholic sources]- from USC]

Canadian born Aimee Semple McPherson,

In 1922 she founded the Foursquare Gospel, a

Pentecostal mission

We do not take credit for what Jesus taught the Apostles…all the credit goes to them.

You should pray that our Lord opens your mind and heart, so you too can follow HIS true teachings in THE ONE TRUE CHURCH!!!.

This is sister aimee… 20th century church [lol]
http://openmikey.blogspot.com/2012/03/jesus-i...

BTW, Jesus did call Paul on his way to Damascus.. So yes, JESUS did hand pick him too.
Study, study, study for the real truth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The real question is: Why does an Atheist care so much about the Catholic Church???
anyway, no Mike, the bank scandal was not HUGE. People like you try and blow up and recycle this crap every chance you get. But that doesn't make it HUGE breaking news!
Most importantly Mike, the Church is no more in a crisis today, then any other decade since 33 AD.
Entire nations left the Catholic Church overnight during the reformation. Thousands of Priests left. Catholicism was made illegal throughout England and her colonies.
The Holy Spirit saw the Church right thru it.
Happy Sunday!!

Clay, we know by now that michael makes mountains out of nothing.
everything in his mind is huge, the butler did it...huge, the nuns...huge, the bank news...huge, the Church members...huge, the priests...huge!!! lol
Paranoid, imo.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary the creator?
Hmmmmmm?
LOL, that's NOT what I said.

Get real will ya!

Big D, pay attention!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vatican has its own bank?! Where are the inspired instructions for this, the Book of Opinions?
The Vatican is a separate country. Amazing huh? They are the longest organized group in the history of the world. No country, kingdom, or empire has survived as long as the Roman Catholic Church. Nothing will ever bring it down.
They've been the enemy of countless tyrants who've tried to topple em. Yet, something always stopped a full fledged invasion n take over.
I guess Christ wasn't lying when He said, "The gates of Hell shall not prevail against it"
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But I find all of the RCC teachings in scripture.
Grant it, not all of them are explicitly spelled out in detail. Thats ok though, because I don't think the Bible was written in that way....as a literal word for word transmission from God to us.
let me ask you a question: if the Catholic Church is not the true original Church, then who is?
Christ could only have started one... and one of us has to be the authority and teach correctly.
All Christian denominations came from that one church Christ died for. Surely the church of Christ would look and operate just as the one we read about in the NT.

If man takes Christ's church off in a tangent does it continue to be Christ's church?

Has man taken the RCC off in a tangent? I think so.
concerned in Eygpt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY says.....
.....Entire nations left the Catholic Church overnight during the reformation. Thousands of Priests left. Catholicism was made illegal throughout England and her colonies.
MICHAEL says......that sounds more like a religion in crisis, rather than a well oiled machine.
The big question is! Why so much turmoil in the church?
... Why are 47,000 nuns in america defying the vatican? Why have thousands priests/nuns left their posts? Cardinal Gomez stripping Cardinal Mahony of his duties. Why are priests today forming unions and standing up for the nuns defying the vatican?
...so many questions to answer!
.......something is terribly wrong CLAY.
Why have close to 40% of RC's in Brazil joined Evangelical fellowships in 20 years?

Answer they got educated LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I HAVE REFUSED TO ARGUE DOCTRINE WITH YOU CONSTANTIANS..
I SEE NOT REASON TO DISCUSS YOUR CONSTANTIN-ISM
DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT HAS NO REASON FOR IT'S EXISTENCE IN THE SCRIPTURE...
I REJECT THE WHOLE FACADE...
Why not talk about sister Aimee, the founder of your church, shall we call it Aimee-nism? LOL

You follow your founder, a drug addicted adulteress...that died of an overdose.

Constantine had a vision pretty much like Paul on his way to Damascus!!!!
Constantine is a Catholic convert!!

What is sister Aimee????

Aimee-nism!!!![LOL] REJECT AIMEE NOW!!!

FYI>
“In the years that followed, Sister Aimee continued her preaching and international tours, but her love affair with the press had ended, and rumors
persistently followed her. She MARRIED A THIRD TIME in 1931, then divorced in 1934. She died in 1944 from an OVERDOSE of barbituates. She is buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, California. The Angelus Temple still is a church for the Foursquare Gospel, which today claims over two million members worldwide.”

In 1922 she founded the Foursquare Gospel, a Pentecostal mission.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Sunday!!
Clay, we know by now that michael makes mountains out of nothing.
everything in his mind is huge, the butler did it...huge, the nuns...huge, the bank news...huge, the Church members...huge, the priests...huge!!! lol
Paranoid, imo.
lol, the CC will be operating long after Michaels great grandkids are gone. I believe that irks him.

In my opinion, it wouldn't be the true Church if there WASN'T some sort of scandal going on. That's the reality of spiritual warfare. Catholics are on the front lines dealing with evil head on. We've lost many in this fight, but our enemy has failed miserably to topple the Church. That's how I see it. The Devil needs to strike the shepherd so the sheep scatter.
concerned in Eygpt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vatican is a separate country. Amazing huh? They are the longest organized group in the history of the world. No country, kingdom, or empire has survived as long as the Roman Catholic Church. Nothing will ever bring it down.
They've been the enemy of countless tyrants who've tried to topple em. Yet, something always stopped a full fledged invasion n take over.
I guess Christ wasn't lying when He said, "The gates of Hell shall not prevail against it"
In 1054 AD at the Great Schism the RCC came into full existence pretty much as it exists today.

To compare the Catholic Christian church in Rome in 500AD to 1110AD is like a pebble to a mountain.

China as a nation has existed longer.
First Indian nations in Canada have existed longer with rich histories and culture. For over 3000 Years.

Jews and Judaism has existed longer the the RCC sect

Mongolia has existed longer.
Shiite Muslim sects have existed longer.

The Vatican became a separate state at the will of a Fascist Dictator named Mussolini who bought an indulgence an endorsement of the pope by granting the Vatican Statehood.
Dirty politics to say the least.

YOU CLEARLY have you shown you are and uneducated fool.

You should think twice before you put fingers to keyboard.

Truth matters you know very little of it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Why have close to 40% of RC's in Brazil joined Evangelical fellowships in 20 years?
Hey concerned, still concerned???

Will you be in Brazil when the Pope visits?

Maybe I'll see you on TV, be sure to wave
Don't get trampled by all those Catholics.

95% will come out to hear his message!!!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
no they didn't get educated. they got deceived!
well, sorta. Evangelicals have success because they get people to do the alter call thingy. Those people become 'born again' and experience the presence of the Holy Spirit. Then, it gets confused in a doctrinal mess the Evangelicals have created. Are you sure those new Christians ONLY need to believe in Christ to be saved? For the sake of your soul you better be right.
concerned in Eygpt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus himself appointed the apostles. Who
appointed gif and you to interpret the Bible, Who? Sister Aimee the founder of the Pentecostal
church?? That’s a joke she was an adulteress and
drug addicted. Hey, lets call it Aimee-nism!!!!
LOL
FYI>
“In the years that followed, Sister Aimee
continued her preaching and international tours,
but her love affair with the press had ended, and
rumors persistently followed her. She MARRIED A
THIRD TIME in 1931, then divorced in 1934. She
died in 1944 from an OVERDOSE of barbituates. She
is buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale,
California. The Angelus Temple still is a church
for the Foursquare Gospel, which today claims over
two million members worldwide.”
[non-Catholic sources]- from USC]
In 1922 she founded the Foursquare Gospel, a
Pentecostal mission
We do not take credit for what Jesus taught the Apostles…all the credit goes to them.
You should pray that our Lord opens your mind and heart, so you too can follow HIS true teachings in THE ONE TRUE CHURCH!!!.
This is sister aimee… 20th century church [lol]
http://openmikey.blogspot.com/2012/03/jesus-i...
BTW, Jesus did call Paul on his way to Damascus.. So yes, JESUS did hand pick him too.
Study, study, study for the real truth.
STAC C

Long time no post

You would do well not bring up the history of Christian Sects leaders and stick to whether or not your faith in RC doctrine is Biblical.

The provable factual evidence of the 40+ million the RCC has slaughtered in the Past 500 years and the Deeds of its RC Popes is unprecedented in Christian history, not to mention the recent scandals of your Priests and the cover ups with the assault and rape of little boys.

This argument you will lose hands down.

You would do well not to point this finger as three are pointing back.

Definitely the Camp fire Pot calling used tea cup black.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome....
well at least now you are not on the sidelines looking in by yourself.but he isnt as smart as you are and he doesnt know very much about the Scriptures as he tried last night to say when the Apostles were baptised, there were tongues of fire on them and of course, that is terribly inaccurate to say the least.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge,
How do you become "into Christ???"
for you or anyone else to insinuate that Jesus is incased in a pool of water is as stupid as the catholics saying that Jesus is a piece of grain.

it is more Jesus in us that is important and Biblical correct.what your theology is missing is that we become one with Jesus, which is what 'into Jesus" means.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
In 1054 AD at the Great Schism the RCC came into full existence pretty much as it exists today.
To compare the Catholic Christian church in Rome in 500AD to 1110AD is like a pebble to a mountain.
First Indian nations in Canada have existed longer with rich histories and culture. For over 3000 Years.
The Vatican became a separate state at the will of a Fascist Dictator named Mussolini who bought an indulgence an endorsement of the pope by granting the Vatican Statehood.
Lol. You conspiracy Christians always amaze me. You created a fantasy scenario that is built on sand.
The Catholic Church is the longest organization on the planet. I'm sorry, but China has gone thru tons of different forms of governments and geography since the Catholic Church.
wow.
Fun Facts

Bay City, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vatican has its own bank?! Where are the inspired instructions for this, the Book of Opinions?
You may have overlooked...

34j There was no needy person among them, for those who owned property or houses would sell them, bring the proceeds of the sale, 35and put them at the feet of the apostles, and they were distributed to each according to need.
http://www.usccb.org/bible/acts/4

Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
concerned in Eygpt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey concerned, still concerned???
Will you be in Brazil when the Pope visits?
Maybe I'll see you on TV, be sure to wave
Don't get trampled by all those Catholics.
95% will come out to hear his message!!!
I was In Brasil for Pope Benny's first visit when he tried to stop the Avalanche of converts to the illuminated side from the Dark side. LOL its a joke.

It did not go well for him last time he was rebuked by the Brazilian President and It will most likely be a disastrous attempt to plug the gusher of a leak with a wet paper towel.

At best he will get a 2 % turn out.

I would suggest you go to Brasil and see it on the ground it is quite the situation as the RC in Brazil is basically broke even though 60% are still considered RC they are not supporting the RC in a tangible way overall let alone with there dinherio.

There are exceptions of course My Brother in Law a devout RC has a detected life to the the poor of Brazil he has mercy and grace for sure and I admire him fully.

God bless
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
It doesn't seem like you're concerned about actual facts, but rather an ideology.
you say the Catholic Church began to exist after the great schism? That's weird, since they were there (with the Papacy in all) before that.
instead of being 'concerned in Egypt' maybe you should be 'concerned with your soul'.
Deception should not an a part of Christian thinking..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
They cease to exist...
we have been over this time and time again. just because your church and you people dont see them, doesnt mean they dont happen to Christians today.
speaking of tongues, I have spoke of my friend Tom praying in tongues and the woman he was praying for knew what he was praying since it was in her own language.

you are sincere, but you are wrong.

One day, I as pulling out of the shopping center on arainy day, and a man run the red light. I had time only to pray, Lord Help.that guys mustang(good memory, huh)stopped just a few feet from us and we would have been killed otherwise. if that wasnt a miraccle, i dont know what was or is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 406,041 - 406,060 of529,768
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

474 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Which hosting provider would you use for a blog? 3 min marispetrescu 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min number four 223,089
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min NEWS-FLASH 171,407
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Hidingfromyou 716,210
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min petesake kis 114,570
I have just been arrested! What should I do? 22 min Dr_Zorderz 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min Truths 598,721
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Charlie Sheen 255,618
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 4 hr Sasha 108