Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,290
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#421332 Feb 10, 2013
marge wrote:
(QUOTE)
[[Baptism by immersion, while it is the most biblical mode of identifying with Christ, is not (as some believe) a prerequisite for salvation. It is rather an act of obedience, a public proclamation of faith in Christ and identification with Him. Baptism is a picture of our leaving our old life and becoming a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17). Baptism by immersion is the only mode that fully illustrates this radical change.]](QUOTE)
YEP!!!
Marge,

How do you become "into Christ???"
Clay

United States

#421333 Feb 10, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we will all agree the early leaders of the church were the Apostles. Jesus is the cornerstone, they are the foundation. The book 'Traces of the Kingdom' does a nice job of highlighting Christ's church throughout history. I'm not saying that the Catholic Church doesn't have a direct line back to the original church Christ established, but it doesn't operate, it isn't governed, nor does it worship in the same manner the church did in the 1st Century.
The people in the church of Christ are the same as the people in any church - imperfect. And, if the message conflicts with the scriptures, I don't believe it is the church of Christ. Of the seven churches spoken of in Revelation, many had issues and only two were shown as examples of how the church should be.
Actually, the CC operates very similar as in the first century- they had Bishops Priests and Deacons then too. I'm not saying they immediately built the Vatican and had offices etc.
Also, the teachings never changed. By that, I mean nothing was ever taught to mean opposite of what was already revealed. I believe this is why the CC looks so different then every other Christian group except the Eastern Orthodox- who's teachings are also from the Apostles, therefore do not change.(well, there is that Papacy thing they disagree with. but 99% of our theology is the same)
Clay

United States

#421334 Feb 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, what is your opinion on the vatican bank money laundering scandals? This story was HUGE last year in western europe.
What say you, the knower of everything catholic? I am sure you are concerned of wrong doings.
http://www.justmeans.com/Black-As-Sin-Vatican...
Bank scandals, abuse scandals, wayward nuns in america, priests forming unions, Vatican cardinal claiming the church is wayyyy behind the times........not looking good Claypool.
something is terribly wrong! I am sure you as a financial and spiritual contributor is concerned.
I thought the holy spirit guided the church. Interesting!!
The real question is: Why does an Atheist care so much about the Catholic Church???

anyway, no Mike, the bank scandal was not HUGE. People like you try and blow up and recycle this crap every chance you get. But that doesn't make it HUGE breaking news!

Most importantly Mike, the Church is no more in a crisis today, then any other decade since 33 AD.

Entire nations left the Catholic Church overnight during the reformation. Thousands of Priests left. Catholicism was made illegal throughout England and her colonies.
The Holy Spirit saw the Church right thru it.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#421335 Feb 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The real question is: Why does an Atheist care so much about the Catholic Church???
anyway, no Mike, the bank scandal was not HUGE. People like you try and blow up and recycle this crap every chance you get. But that doesn't make it HUGE breaking news!
Most importantly Mike, the Church is no more in a crisis today, then any other decade since 33 AD.
Entire nations left the Catholic Church overnight during the reformation. Thousands of Priests left. Catholicism was made illegal throughout England and her colonies.
Clay, you cannot truly believe the RCC is the one, true church for this entire universe??
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421336 Feb 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the CC operates very similar as in the first century- they had Bishops Priests and Deacons then too. I'm not saying they immediately built the Vatican and had offices etc.
Also, the teachings never changed. By that, I mean nothing was ever taught to mean opposite of what was already revealed. I believe this is why the CC looks so different then every other Christian group except the Eastern Orthodox- who's teachings are also from the Apostles, therefore do not change.(well, there is that Papacy thing they disagree with. but 99% of our theology is the same)
Each congregation would have Elders (Bishops) and Deacons - that's ALL. Each congregation answered to God and God alone. No boards, no overseers, no hierarchy. Only the Word as a guide. No one from the outside made decisions for them or told them who their preacher would be etc. They didn't practice infant baptism. Being in Christ, they could go directly to God with their petitions. Who went to a confessional in the first century church? Each member of the church was a priest. They practiced the Lord's Supper on the first day of the week and they did not use 'music' in thier worship with the exception of their God given voices singing hymns together.

Wouldn't that be completely different from the experience at a typical Catholic Church this morning?
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#421337 Feb 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, don't talk to me about 'man made RCC argument'! Your whole theology is base on a couple dudes in the 16th century.*Especially* the false teaching of Sola Scriptura.
Anyway, as you know, the New Testament wasn't written in the yrs following Christ. Some writings were not put down until 40-50 yrs after Christ died. That's quite a long time for a Church to function with no writings!
That throws your whole 'Bible Alone' teaching in the toilet.
I have a reasonable argument in that the Apostles thought Christ was coming back in their lifetime. You do not. You're putting words in their mouths by claiming they thought the 'coming of the Lord' didn't mean the 'return of the Messiah'. And the destruction of Jerusalem would have been the coming of the Lord.
You don't think thats a stretch??
You have a theory or argument I will give you that but like your RCC you think that in and of yourselves that proves it. You however offer no evidence let along complying evidence. There is nothing reasonable about a argument with no evidence, that is what is called hear say or blowing hot air.

I do not base anything from Men of the 15th century or of men from any century, My evidence and faith of belief is fully grounded in the word of God, yes that book we call the Bible that contradicts numerous RC teachings that you choose to follow blindly.

Because the NT was written down some years after it was spoken again is your straw man argument.

They heard and they believed by the power of the Holy Spirit they did not need to read it.

But even then like the Bereans they tested the teachings in light of known scripture the OT.

They still had a Bible and they the NT Church used it to correct rebuke and teach.

AS Did Jesus he used the OT to prove what he was speaking as it his words deeds and actions were confirmed by the written word.

Truth Matters not make it up as you go RCC teachings.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#421338 Feb 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay is delusional when he writes -- "the teachings never changed. By that, I mean nothing was ever taught to mean opposite of what was already revealed."

I could post several "opposites," yet the delusional brain will be unable to comprehend.

Heck, no Catlic can even show us a list of "infallible, unchangeable teachings -- because they are always changing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

Melbourne, FL

#421339 Feb 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does a catholic proclaim that the churches of 99% of America's founders are not "true" churches?

And why is it that this same anti-American catholic will never leave this "horrific" Reformation society for one of his own catholic-majority societies -- to enjoy the fruits of his religion?

Backward, crime-ridden catholic societies call, but few of these catholics ever walk their talk.

Pity.

Melbourne, FL

#421340 Feb 10, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
So God would not be capable of leaving His inspired Word with us once and for all in a medium that any person could use to know how to follow God's will?
We will just have to agree to disagree. I cannot imagine God leaving us the Bible if it were essentially worthless in meaning and if it was something ever-changing depending upon the man-made framework of the Catholic Church.
I'm curious, if you are correct in your thoughts about the Bible, how will we be able to know who the false teachers are? The NT warns us of false teachers! How will I be able to recognize them if the scripture that warns me of them is not a reliable basis for recognizing them?
Easy...

"... for ye shall know them by their deeds."

On a related note, the U.S. treasury has instructed U.S. banks NOT to conduct certain types of business with the Vatican Bank.

True....

Either you can't trust Jesus, or the RCC's claim of moral superiority is 100% pure BS.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421341 Feb 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY says.....

.....Entire nations left the Catholic Church overnight during the reformation. Thousands of Priests left. Catholicism was made illegal throughout England and her colonies.

MICHAEL says......that sounds more like a religion in crisis, rather than a well oiled machine.

The big question is! Why so much turmoil in the church?

... Why are 47,000 nuns in america defying the vatican? Why have thousands priests/nuns left their posts? Cardinal Gomez stripping Cardinal Mahony of his duties. Why are priests today forming unions and standing up for the nuns defying the vatican?

...so many questions to answer!

.......something is terribly wrong CLAY.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#421342 Feb 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
clay says....

anyway, no Mike, the bank scandal was not HUGE.

Michael says......how do you measure HUGE? There was a vatican bank scandal, just as their was a vatican bank scandal back in 1980s. Who is minding the MONEY?

something is terribly wrong Clay, when the church doesn't practice what it preaches..........HONESTY!

BUSTED!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421343 Feb 10, 2013
RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy...
"... for ye shall know them by their deeds."
On a related note, the U.S. treasury has instructed U.S. banks NOT to conduct certain types of business with the Vatican Bank.
True....
Either you can't trust Jesus, or the RCC's claim of moral superiority is 100% pure BS.
The Vatican has its own bank?! Where are the inspired instructions for this, the Book of Opinions?
Clay

United States

#421344 Feb 10, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a theory or argument I will give you that but like your RCC you think that in and of yourselves that proves it. You however offer no evidence let along complying evidence. There is nothing reasonable about a argument with no evidence, that is what is called hear say or blowing hot air.
I do not base anything from Men of the 15th century or of men from any century, My evidence and faith of belief is fully grounded in the word of God, yes that book we call the Bible that contradicts numerous RC teachings that you choose to follow blindly.
Because the NT was written down some years after it was spoken again is your straw man argument.
They heard and they believed by the power of the Holy Spirit they did not need to read it.
But even then like the Bereans they tested the teachings in light of known scripture the OT.
They still had a Bible and they the NT Church used it to correct rebuke and teach.
AS Did Jesus he used the OT to prove what he was speaking as it his words deeds and actions were confirmed by the written word.
Truth Matters not make it up as you go RCC teachings.
But I find all of the RCC teachings in scripture.
Grant it, not all of them are explicitly spelled out in detail. Thats ok though, because I don't think the Bible was written in that way....as a literal word for word transmission from God to us.

let me ask you a question: if the Catholic Church is not the true original Church, then who is?
Christ could only have started one... and one of us has to be the authority and teach correctly.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

#421345 Feb 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying God won't call an ex- truck driver to preach His Holy Word .
Did not Jesus call fisher man Peter, did He not call Saul(Paul) who was killing all the People wh followed The Way (JESUS).
You, Regina, Anthony, HOJO, etc are not priest either so why should we listen to you. Who are you, see where your logic leads no were.
The Holy Spirit uses whom He will and He does need your permission StarC.
You should pray for wisdom, and ask God in the name Of Jesus for a clear revelation of His Holy Word.
Jesus himself appointed the apostles. Who

appointed gif and you to interpret the Bible, Who? Sister Aimee the founder of the Pentecostal

church?? That’s a joke she was an adulteress and

drug addicted. Hey, lets call it Aimee-nism!!!!

LOL
FYI>
“In the years that followed, Sister Aimee

continued her preaching and international tours,

but her love affair with the press had ended, and

rumors persistently followed her. She MARRIED A

THIRD TIME in 1931, then divorced in 1934. She

died in 1944 from an OVERDOSE of barbituates. She

is buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale,

California. The Angelus Temple still is a church

for the Foursquare Gospel, which today claims over

two million members worldwide.”

http://www.usc.edu/libraries/archives/la/scan...
[non-Catholic sources]- from USC]

Canadian born Aimee Semple McPherson,

In 1922 she founded the Foursquare Gospel, a

Pentecostal mission

We do not take credit for what Jesus taught the Apostles…all the credit goes to them.

You should pray that our Lord opens your mind and heart, so you too can follow HIS true teachings in THE ONE TRUE CHURCH!!!.

This is sister aimee… 20th century church [lol]
http://openmikey.blogspot.com/2012/03/jesus-i...

BTW, Jesus did call Paul on his way to Damascus.. So yes, JESUS did hand pick him too.
Study, study, study for the real truth.

#421346 Feb 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Sunday!!

Clay, we know by now that michael makes mountains out of nothing.
everything in his mind is huge, the butler did it...huge, the nuns...huge, the bank news...huge, the Church members...huge, the priests...huge!!! lol
Paranoid, imo.

#421347 Feb 10, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary the creator?
Hmmmmmm?
LOL, that's NOT what I said.

Get real will ya!

Big D, pay attention!
Clay

United States

#421348 Feb 10, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vatican has its own bank?! Where are the inspired instructions for this, the Book of Opinions?
The Vatican is a separate country. Amazing huh? They are the longest organized group in the history of the world. No country, kingdom, or empire has survived as long as the Roman Catholic Church. Nothing will ever bring it down.
They've been the enemy of countless tyrants who've tried to topple em. Yet, something always stopped a full fledged invasion n take over.
I guess Christ wasn't lying when He said, "The gates of Hell shall not prevail against it"
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421349 Feb 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But I find all of the RCC teachings in scripture.
Grant it, not all of them are explicitly spelled out in detail. Thats ok though, because I don't think the Bible was written in that way....as a literal word for word transmission from God to us.
let me ask you a question: if the Catholic Church is not the true original Church, then who is?
Christ could only have started one... and one of us has to be the authority and teach correctly.
All Christian denominations came from that one church Christ died for. Surely the church of Christ would look and operate just as the one we read about in the NT.

If man takes Christ's church off in a tangent does it continue to be Christ's church?

Has man taken the RCC off in a tangent? I think so.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#421350 Feb 10, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY says.....
.....Entire nations left the Catholic Church overnight during the reformation. Thousands of Priests left. Catholicism was made illegal throughout England and her colonies.
MICHAEL says......that sounds more like a religion in crisis, rather than a well oiled machine.
The big question is! Why so much turmoil in the church?
... Why are 47,000 nuns in america defying the vatican? Why have thousands priests/nuns left their posts? Cardinal Gomez stripping Cardinal Mahony of his duties. Why are priests today forming unions and standing up for the nuns defying the vatican?
...so many questions to answer!
.......something is terribly wrong CLAY.
Why have close to 40% of RC's in Brazil joined Evangelical fellowships in 20 years?

Answer they got educated LOL

#421351 Feb 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I HAVE REFUSED TO ARGUE DOCTRINE WITH YOU CONSTANTIANS..
I SEE NOT REASON TO DISCUSS YOUR CONSTANTIN-ISM
DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT HAS NO REASON FOR IT'S EXISTENCE IN THE SCRIPTURE...
I REJECT THE WHOLE FACADE...
Why not talk about sister Aimee, the founder of your church, shall we call it Aimee-nism? LOL

You follow your founder, a drug addicted adulteress...that died of an overdose.

Constantine had a vision pretty much like Paul on his way to Damascus!!!!
Constantine is a Catholic convert!!

What is sister Aimee????

Aimee-nism!!!![LOL] REJECT AIMEE NOW!!!

FYI>
“In the years that followed, Sister Aimee continued her preaching and international tours, but her love affair with the press had ended, and rumors
persistently followed her. She MARRIED A THIRD TIME in 1931, then divorced in 1934. She died in 1944 from an OVERDOSE of barbituates. She is buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, California. The Angelus Temple still is a church for the Foursquare Gospel, which today claims over two million members worldwide.”

http://www.usc.edu/libraries/archives/la/scan...

Canadian born Aimee Semple McPherson,
In 1922 she founded the Foursquare Gospel, a Pentecostal mission.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Rosa_Winkel 740,737
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 33 min bad bob 173,911
gay whatsapp agroup (Nov '13) 41 min dehradoon_boyforboys 32
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 47 min Wordsworth 4,503
Men and commitment 1 hr Delilahblue 3
disturbing the priest 1 hr pusherman_ 1
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 1 hr dirty white boy- 33,054
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 227,992
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Dr_Zorderz 259,771
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 11 hr Joana 158

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••