Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
406,021 - 406,040 of 533,693 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

two days no power,got 26" of snow,anyone else get wacked by this storm? have i missed anything? did hojo,regina or anothony answer my question yet? or are they still stone walling?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>

The right thing to do. Be TRUTHFUL.
Yes! That is what we as Catholics have been telling you over and over again! BE TRUTHFUL!! Unfortunately--"TRUTH " has escaped you and is not a word in your vocabulary!! Exaggerated and "overblown" National Inquire kind of distorted (truth?????) is the ONLY thing you know, post and read. "No wonder" you left the Catholic Church!! "No wonder you have rejected, twisted and manipulated" the TRUE FACTS and the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Prodigal son rebellious and defiant (so-called Catholics) can "demand" all they want! Fact is that NO ONE is listening to their
beligerent "demands" of "secular humanism" Christianity!
Big changes in the Catholic Church will NEVER COME from "emancipated liberal nuns" or "politically correct (rebel Catholics). If they "don't like" the TRUE biblical, historical and doctrinal TRUE teachings of the Catholic Church, NO ONE is begging them to say!! They can "go down the block" to one of the nearest 42,000+ contracting and inconsistent Protestant Churches and they will (pacify, appease and tell them (exactly)"what they want to hear'!--More chaos, more confusion, more secular humanism and more conflicting "personal opinion" bible only mis-interpretating "hodge-podge" of Sacred Scripture. The fact is Michael---you can too can join them, and then you can "continue" your attacking and ripping on what they teach. Good luck!! Don't let the door hit you on your "rear end" as you leave!!!
Why do you get so angry because society in general is MOVING away from what you believe?

The best country in the world the USA and in less than 450 years the protestant movements have established 50% of the population of america while catholicsm stands at 23% after 2,000 years.

Today, MOST catholics reside in poor uneducated countries where education and learning abilities is far down the priority list.

off topic:

Deceased Cardinal Carlos Martini says the roman catholic church is 200 years behind the times. Do you disagree with the good Cardinal?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21974...

One day in the not too distant future roman catholic priests will be given the choice of optional celebacy, and you then HOJO will say "WHAT A GREAT IDEA" or will you say "I WILL NOT FOLLOW THOSE NEW TEACHINGS"

You will do as they tell you. You are not allowed to use your own conscience while you are a catholic.

Keep doing what they tell you, shut down your mind, and put it on cruise control.

something is terribly wrong HOJO....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Powerful,truth,undenia bly frank.
Reason???? It is based on Scripture....
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Today right across america by far MOST roman catholics use or have used forms of birth control the catholic church says is sinful.

Today MOST Roman catholics do not attend mandatory sunday mass weekly. Bishops in america claim less than 1 in 4 catholics practice weekly mass attendance. The church says its a mortal sin.

Its obvious catholics in greater numbers are out of complete touch with the church they were baptized in.

There might be 68 million american catholics but only a few million actually practice what is preached to them.......that is not good!

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is not worthless meaning to Catholics. I hope you don't think that. Its Sacred Scripture. And along with Sacred Traditions, they flow together in perfect harmony.
One of The 42,000 Christian sects would be the original. Therefore they'd have the authority. I'm sorry, but I just can't see how the current group that calls itself the "Church of Christ" could be the original. Who are their Apostolic fathers? Where are their other writings outside of The Bible? Who were some of their early leaders? The Catholic Church can show its the same body from the first century. Now, whether or not this group became corrupted under Constantine is a hot debate. But that would not be Biblical, because Christ promised the gates of hell wouldn't prevail against His Church. Therefore, a Roman Emperor surely would not either.
Clay, what is your opinion on the vatican bank money laundering scandals? This story was HUGE last year in western europe.

What say you, the knower of everything catholic? I am sure you are concerned of wrong doings.

http://www.justmeans.com/Black-As-Sin-Vatican...

Bank scandals, abuse scandals, wayward nuns in america, priests forming unions, Vatican cardinal claiming the church is wayyyy behind the times........not looking good Claypool.

something is terribly wrong! I am sure you as a financial and spiritual contributor is concerned.

I thought the holy spirit guided the church. Interesting!!

alan

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
Today right across america by far MOST roman catholics use or have used forms of birth control the catholic church says is sinful.
Today MOST Roman catholics do not attend mandatory sunday mass weekly. Bishops in america claim less than 1 in 4 catholics practice weekly mass attendance. The church says its a mortal sin.
Its obvious catholics in greater numbers are out of complete touch with the church they were baptized in.
There might be 68 million american catholics but only a few million actually practice what is preached to them.......that is not good!
Priests practice birth control on young boys. Wait, different form of birth control.So, religions do practice what they preach.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
Truth,
I haven't been here long, but so far I am in agreement with all of your replies to my posts.
Thanks for the additional comments.
You are welcome....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
(QUOTE)
[[Baptism by immersion, while it is the most biblical mode of identifying with Christ, is not (as some believe) a prerequisite for salvation. It is rather an act of obedience, a public proclamation of faith in Christ and identification with Him. Baptism is a picture of our leaving our old life and becoming a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17). Baptism by immersion is the only mode that fully illustrates this radical change.]](QUOTE)
YEP!!!
Marge,

How do you become "into Christ???"
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we will all agree the early leaders of the church were the Apostles. Jesus is the cornerstone, they are the foundation. The book 'Traces of the Kingdom' does a nice job of highlighting Christ's church throughout history. I'm not saying that the Catholic Church doesn't have a direct line back to the original church Christ established, but it doesn't operate, it isn't governed, nor does it worship in the same manner the church did in the 1st Century.
The people in the church of Christ are the same as the people in any church - imperfect. And, if the message conflicts with the scriptures, I don't believe it is the church of Christ. Of the seven churches spoken of in Revelation, many had issues and only two were shown as examples of how the church should be.
Actually, the CC operates very similar as in the first century- they had Bishops Priests and Deacons then too. I'm not saying they immediately built the Vatican and had offices etc.
Also, the teachings never changed. By that, I mean nothing was ever taught to mean opposite of what was already revealed. I believe this is why the CC looks so different then every other Christian group except the Eastern Orthodox- who's teachings are also from the Apostles, therefore do not change.(well, there is that Papacy thing they disagree with. but 99% of our theology is the same)
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, what is your opinion on the vatican bank money laundering scandals? This story was HUGE last year in western europe.
What say you, the knower of everything catholic? I am sure you are concerned of wrong doings.
http://www.justmeans.com/Black-As-Sin-Vatican...
Bank scandals, abuse scandals, wayward nuns in america, priests forming unions, Vatican cardinal claiming the church is wayyyy behind the times........not looking good Claypool.
something is terribly wrong! I am sure you as a financial and spiritual contributor is concerned.
I thought the holy spirit guided the church. Interesting!!
The real question is: Why does an Atheist care so much about the Catholic Church???

anyway, no Mike, the bank scandal was not HUGE. People like you try and blow up and recycle this crap every chance you get. But that doesn't make it HUGE breaking news!

Most importantly Mike, the Church is no more in a crisis today, then any other decade since 33 AD.

Entire nations left the Catholic Church overnight during the reformation. Thousands of Priests left. Catholicism was made illegal throughout England and her colonies.
The Holy Spirit saw the Church right thru it.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The real question is: Why does an Atheist care so much about the Catholic Church???
anyway, no Mike, the bank scandal was not HUGE. People like you try and blow up and recycle this crap every chance you get. But that doesn't make it HUGE breaking news!
Most importantly Mike, the Church is no more in a crisis today, then any other decade since 33 AD.
Entire nations left the Catholic Church overnight during the reformation. Thousands of Priests left. Catholicism was made illegal throughout England and her colonies.
Clay, you cannot truly believe the RCC is the one, true church for this entire universe??
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the CC operates very similar as in the first century- they had Bishops Priests and Deacons then too. I'm not saying they immediately built the Vatican and had offices etc.
Also, the teachings never changed. By that, I mean nothing was ever taught to mean opposite of what was already revealed. I believe this is why the CC looks so different then every other Christian group except the Eastern Orthodox- who's teachings are also from the Apostles, therefore do not change.(well, there is that Papacy thing they disagree with. but 99% of our theology is the same)
Each congregation would have Elders (Bishops) and Deacons - that's ALL. Each congregation answered to God and God alone. No boards, no overseers, no hierarchy. Only the Word as a guide. No one from the outside made decisions for them or told them who their preacher would be etc. They didn't practice infant baptism. Being in Christ, they could go directly to God with their petitions. Who went to a confessional in the first century church? Each member of the church was a priest. They practiced the Lord's Supper on the first day of the week and they did not use 'music' in thier worship with the exception of their God given voices singing hymns together.

Wouldn't that be completely different from the experience at a typical Catholic Church this morning?
concerned in Eygpt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, don't talk to me about 'man made RCC argument'! Your whole theology is base on a couple dudes in the 16th century.*Especially* the false teaching of Sola Scriptura.
Anyway, as you know, the New Testament wasn't written in the yrs following Christ. Some writings were not put down until 40-50 yrs after Christ died. That's quite a long time for a Church to function with no writings!
That throws your whole 'Bible Alone' teaching in the toilet.
I have a reasonable argument in that the Apostles thought Christ was coming back in their lifetime. You do not. You're putting words in their mouths by claiming they thought the 'coming of the Lord' didn't mean the 'return of the Messiah'. And the destruction of Jerusalem would have been the coming of the Lord.
You don't think thats a stretch??
You have a theory or argument I will give you that but like your RCC you think that in and of yourselves that proves it. You however offer no evidence let along complying evidence. There is nothing reasonable about a argument with no evidence, that is what is called hear say or blowing hot air.

I do not base anything from Men of the 15th century or of men from any century, My evidence and faith of belief is fully grounded in the word of God, yes that book we call the Bible that contradicts numerous RC teachings that you choose to follow blindly.

Because the NT was written down some years after it was spoken again is your straw man argument.

They heard and they believed by the power of the Holy Spirit they did not need to read it.

But even then like the Bereans they tested the teachings in light of known scripture the OT.

They still had a Bible and they the NT Church used it to correct rebuke and teach.

AS Did Jesus he used the OT to prove what he was speaking as it his words deeds and actions were confirmed by the written word.

Truth Matters not make it up as you go RCC teachings.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay is delusional when he writes -- "the teachings never changed. By that, I mean nothing was ever taught to mean opposite of what was already revealed."

I could post several "opposites," yet the delusional brain will be unable to comprehend.

Heck, no Catlic can even show us a list of "infallible, unchangeable teachings -- because they are always changing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does a catholic proclaim that the churches of 99% of America's founders are not "true" churches?

And why is it that this same anti-American catholic will never leave this "horrific" Reformation society for one of his own catholic-majority societies -- to enjoy the fruits of his religion?

Backward, crime-ridden catholic societies call, but few of these catholics ever walk their talk.

Pity.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
So God would not be capable of leaving His inspired Word with us once and for all in a medium that any person could use to know how to follow God's will?
We will just have to agree to disagree. I cannot imagine God leaving us the Bible if it were essentially worthless in meaning and if it was something ever-changing depending upon the man-made framework of the Catholic Church.
I'm curious, if you are correct in your thoughts about the Bible, how will we be able to know who the false teachers are? The NT warns us of false teachers! How will I be able to recognize them if the scripture that warns me of them is not a reliable basis for recognizing them?
Easy...

"... for ye shall know them by their deeds."

On a related note, the U.S. treasury has instructed U.S. banks NOT to conduct certain types of business with the Vatican Bank.

True....

Either you can't trust Jesus, or the RCC's claim of moral superiority is 100% pure BS.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY says.....

.....Entire nations left the Catholic Church overnight during the reformation. Thousands of Priests left. Catholicism was made illegal throughout England and her colonies.

MICHAEL says......that sounds more like a religion in crisis, rather than a well oiled machine.

The big question is! Why so much turmoil in the church?

... Why are 47,000 nuns in america defying the vatican? Why have thousands priests/nuns left their posts? Cardinal Gomez stripping Cardinal Mahony of his duties. Why are priests today forming unions and standing up for the nuns defying the vatican?

...so many questions to answer!

.......something is terribly wrong CLAY.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
clay says....

anyway, no Mike, the bank scandal was not HUGE.

Michael says......how do you measure HUGE? There was a vatican bank scandal, just as their was a vatican bank scandal back in 1980s. Who is minding the MONEY?

something is terribly wrong Clay, when the church doesn't practice what it preaches..........HONESTY!

BUSTED!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy...
"... for ye shall know them by their deeds."
On a related note, the U.S. treasury has instructed U.S. banks NOT to conduct certain types of business with the Vatican Bank.
True....
Either you can't trust Jesus, or the RCC's claim of moral superiority is 100% pure BS.
The Vatican has its own bank?! Where are the inspired instructions for this, the Book of Opinions?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

394 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Hidingfromyou 722,300
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min Hidingfromyou 93,863
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min CunningLinguist 224,682
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min MUQ1 257,034
reason topix is GOING OUT OF STYLE 15 min Fine 3
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 21 min MUQ1 36,558
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 29 min cretin56 4,117
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 56 min UIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace 172,577
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr gianni cartooni 115,654
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 8 hr rahx 124
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••