Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,773
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

Chicago, IL

#421135 Feb 9, 2013
Texas Baptist Church to offer hand gun (conceal and carry) classes.

Wow. I suppose why not. The Bible doesn't say hand guns are wrong, so I guess they are covered. lol
www.foxnews.com

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421136 Feb 9, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
lol....And this is how we know you are not born-again, because you don't know that Jesus had his humanity through Adam's race, born of God and Mary, and not some hybrid embryo that appeared to be human, but is somehow not of Adam's race, with the Blessed Mary as an incubator. It would be impossible for such a being to then be a sacrifice of God/Man.
Somehow your antiquated medical training has gotten, mixed up with some kind of movie, like "Alien", to produce this bizarre alien embryo hybrid!
Your whole theology is a fantasy because on your hybrid embryo theory. But of course it is self-substantiating because you say God told you.... Funny God hasn't told anyone else..., It must be your super-advanced medical training in embryology.....Hmmmm.
Catholics do not say Jesus is half man/half God. That is your stupid strawman.
He is fully human, fully God, conceived in her womb(Mary), overshadowed (by the Holy Spirit).(That is the Bible word for word. I can give you...Luke 1:31, 1:35)
Repent.
USING WIKI TO HELP YOU OUT. I ALREADY KNOW THIS:

The development of the embryo is called embryogenesis. In organisms that reproduce sexually, once a sperm(God has no sperm, since he isnt human) fertilizes an egg cell, the result is a cell called the zygote, which possesses {{{half the DNA of each of its two parents}]]]. SEE THIS: GOD HAS NO DNA.

NOW LOOK CLOSELY AT THIS ONE WORD[IMPLANTATION]:

5–7 days after fertilization, the blastocyst attaches to the wall of the uterus (endometrium). When it comes into contact with the endometrium it performs implantation. Implantation connections between the mother and the embryo will begin to form, including the umbilical cord.

HERE IS WHERE THE EMBRYO BEGINS TO TAKE THE HUMANIZATION FROM MARY(SINCE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HER).

this isnt the least difficult to understand, it is very simple and it occurrs with every child born.

the Bible speaks of the Holy Ghost "overshadowing' Mary. that in and of itself clearly indicates that God the Father used Him to infuse Jesus into Her body, just as on several occasions, we find that the Holy Ghost moved Jesus from one place to another.

and dusty lied when she said that I beleive that Jesus was born without the umbilical cord since that begins to form in this process of implantation as mentioned beforehand.

to say that God the Father had intercourse with mary is heresy at its worst.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421137 Feb 9, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
Isaiah 42 :3
"A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth justice unto truth."
I would explain it to you. But your the expert on the O.T....
I cetainly understand enough to know that I am not like you flitting from ONE religion to another.

when I was filled, He said I would never thirst again. and that means for the spiritual things of life, not water or other drinks.

your ignorance leads you to believe that your intelligence is drafting you into this other knowledge that only leads to destruction

and you are correct, I dont need you to explain that [prophecy] to me.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421138 Feb 9, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
130
<quoted text>
Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
Question....If this does not teach that God hears not the prayer of a sinner...what, exactly, is it saying??????
Does not this parallel verse teach God does not answer all prayers???? Quote: They cried, but there was none to save them: even unto the LORD, but he answered them not.
what part of these words do you have a problem understanding?

for instance, the Bible records a person saying these words' we know that God doesnt hear the prayer of a sinner", and to the Christian that is Saved,we know that not to be true.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#421139 Feb 9, 2013
The teaching "Mary ever virgin" is tripe....

Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

The next verse says that did not happened until she gave birth to Christ. Quote: And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

However, when this occurred is immaterial. The fact that it did, at some point in time, per Scripture, is undeniable.

So, she remained a virgin as much as any other wife who has had intercourse with her husband....

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421140 Feb 9, 2013
EVEN DUCT TAPE CANT FIX STUPID(catholicism),

all it can do is muffle the sound
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421141 Feb 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>again, Jesus NEVER told ananias to baptise paul. you will NEVER find those words. NEVER!!!!!
you take one little word [do] and make your false doctrine of baptising "washing away his sins".
I have said time and time again, just because something is said in the Bible doesnt make it true.
for instance, the Bible records a person saying these words' we know that God doesnt hear the prayer of a sinner", and to the Chrisitan that is Saved,we know that not to be true.
and lets look at what you people say when You speak of Jesus 'not having any brothers and sisters when the Bible even names them".
you pick and choose but for me, If it isnt said by Jesus, I dont have to abide by it when I know better and know what is right.
AGAIN, YOU NOR DUSTY, AND LETS INCLUDED THE SATAN WORSHIPPER, CAN NOT FIND THE WORD [BAPTISE] USED BY JESUS CONCERNING PAUL
How did Ananias know Paul needed to be baptized?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#421142 Feb 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
USING WIKI TO HELP YOU OUT. I ALREADY KNOW THIS:
The development of the embryo is called embryogenesis. In organisms that reproduce sexually, once a sperm(God has no sperm, since he isnt human) fertilizes an egg cell, the result is a cell called the zygote, which possesses {{{half the DNA of each of its two parents}]]]. SEE THIS: GOD HAS NO DNA.
NOW LOOK CLOSELY AT THIS ONE WORD[IMPLANTATION]:
5–7 days after fertilization, the blastocyst attaches to the wall of the uterus (endometrium). When it comes into contact with the endometrium it performs implantation. Implantation connections between the mother and the embryo will begin to form, including the umbilical cord.
HERE IS WHERE THE EMBRYO BEGINS TO TAKE THE HUMANIZATION FROM MARY(SINCE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HER).
this isnt the least difficult to understand, it is very simple and it occurrs with every child born.
the Bible speaks of the Holy Ghost "overshadowing' Mary. that in and of itself clearly indicates that God the Father used Him to infuse Jesus into Her body, just as on several occasions, we find that the Holy Ghost moved Jesus from one place to another.
and dusty lied when she said that I beleive that Jesus was born without the umbilical cord since that begins to form in this process of implantation as mentioned beforehand.
to say that God the Father had intercourse with mary is heresy at its worst.
preston

Biology 101 is not a good support for your theory....We are talking the miracle of the Incarnation.

Basically you are saying that the Blessed Mary did not have egg cells which God could use.....That is the absurd part of your theory.

(The overshadowing has other typology, I am not going into at this time. It is a little over your head....)

You never, never, never respond to my objection(which is not just my personal, but from my readings upon the subject, especially St. Anselm), on the point that if God created another human being, outside the lineage of Adam, be it in egg, sperm, embryo form, then this makes null and void the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross, specifically because it is that humanity(from Adam) and your embryo theory is outside of the lineage of Adam....!!!

You cannot. Why? Because your theory makes no sense. In fact, it is just some imaginary geneology you made up. Go back and read the Bible.

Catholics do not know the unknown. You say you do.
Catholics do know how God created a miracle. You say you do know.
All that Catholics know is that Jesus is a sinless human being and God.
You say Jesus is a sinless creation of a human being by God and God....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#421143 Feb 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I cetainly understand enough to know that I am not like you flitting from ONE religion to another.
when I was filled, He said I would never thirst again. and that means for the spiritual things of life, not water or other drinks.
your ignorance leads you to believe that your intelligence is drafting you into this other knowledge that only leads to destruction
and you are correct, I dont need you to explain that [prophecy] to me.
preston

One of the Psalms, I frequent is Psalm 29....verse 5

"The voice of the LORD breaketh the cedars; yea, the LORD breaketh the cedars of Lebanon."

Don't be a cedar of Lebanon....

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421144 Feb 9, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
How did Ananias know Paul needed to be baptized?
he didnt know that Paul [needed] to be Baptised since he was already saved.

no minister should ever tell any person when they should be Baptised. that person should tell the minister when they feel that it is time to be Baptised as they are moved by the Holy Ghost.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421145 Feb 9, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
Biology 101 is not a good support for your theory....We are talking the miracle of the Incarnation.
Basically you are saying that the Blessed Mary did not have egg cells which God could use.....That is the absurd part of your theory.
(The overshadowing has other typology, I am not going into at this time. It is a little over your head....)
You never, never, never respond to my objection(which is not just my personal, but from my readings upon the subject, especially St. Anselm), on the point that if God created another human being, outside the lineage of Adam, be it in egg, sperm, embryo form, then this makes null and void the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross, specifically because it is that humanity(from Adam) and your embryo theory is outside of the lineage of Adam....!!!
You cannot. Why? Because your theory makes no sense. In fact, it is just some imaginary geneology you made up. Go back and read the Bible.
Catholics do not know the unknown. You say you do.
Catholics do know how God created a miracle. You say you do know.
All that Catholics know is that Jesus is a sinless human being and God.
You say Jesus is a sinless creation of a human being by God and God....
lol, the sacrifice of jeuss on the Cross is valid of one simple reason. it took the Lamb of Of God, not man to take away the sins of the world. and if you were a Christian, you would know that.

and it is not my theory that makes no sense, it is teh lies that your church tells that makes no sense.

for instance, your piece of grain being jesus. that is so rediculous that people who are mature should be so ignorant and stupid enough to follow this ritual.

Jesus said that when we take the Lord Suppers, do it in remembrance of Him, not the witchcraft of pedophile priests.lol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421146 Feb 9, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>

(The overshadowing has other typology, I am not going into at this time. It is a little over your head....)
why, did you think that I used the fact that the holy spirit moved jesus around(typology) on other incidents?

I did that to help you out. I already knew that.lol
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#421147 Feb 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I cetainly understand enough to know that I am not like you flitting from ONE religion to another.
when I was filled, He said I would never thirst again. and that means for the spiritual things of life, not water or other drinks.
your ignorance leads you to believe that your intelligence is drafting you into this other knowledge that only leads to destruction
and you are correct, I dont need you to explain that [prophecy] to me.
Amen Preston, I went seeking from one religion to another, till the day I asked Jesus into my heart.
I stopped seeking because Jesus was with me and has been ever since.
I don't care about religions, all I need is Jesus.
I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but I know the difference.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#421148 Feb 9, 2013
"Why did blood and water come out of Jesus' side when He was pierced?"

Answer: The Roman flogging or scourging that Jesus endured prior to being crucified normally consisted of 39 lashes, but could have been more (Mark 15:15; John 19:1). The whip that was used, called a flagrum, consisted of braided leather thongs with metal balls and pieces of sharp bone woven into or intertwined with the braids. The balls added weight to the whip, causing deep bruising and contusions as the victim was struck. The pieces of bone served to cut into the flesh. As the beating continued, the resulting cuts were so severe that the skeletal muscles, underlying veins, sinews, and bowels of victims were exposed. This beating was so severe that at times victims would not survive it in order to go on to be crucified.

Those who were flogged would often go into hypovolemic shock, a term that refers to low blood volume. In other words, the person would have lost so much blood he would go into shock. The results of this would be

1) The heart would race to pump blood that was not there.

2) The victim would collapse or faint due to low blood pressure.

3) The kidneys would shut down to preserve body fluids.

4) The person would experience extreme thirst as the body desired to replenish lost fluids.

There is evidence from Scripture that Jesus experienced hypovolemic shock as a result of being flogged. As Jesus carried His own cross to Golgotha (John 19:17), He collapsed, and a man named Simon was forced to either carry the cross or help Jesus carry the cross the rest of way to the hill (Matthew 27:32–33; Mark 15:21–22; Luke 23:26). This collapse indicates Jesus had low blood pressure. Another indicator that Jesus suffered from hypovolemic shock was that He declared He was thirsty as He hung on the cross (John 19:28), indicating His body’s desire to replenish fluids.

Prior to death, the sustained rapid heartbeat caused by hypovolemic shock also causes fluid to gather in the sack around the heart and around the lungs. This gathering of fluid in the membrane around the heart is called pericardial effusion, and the fluid gathering around the lungs is called pleural effusion. This explains why, after Jesus died and a Roman soldier thrust a spear through Jesus’ side (probably His right side, piercing both the lungs and the heart), blood and water came from His side just as John recorded in his Gospel (John 19:34).
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#421149 Feb 9, 2013
Why did blood and water come out of Jesus’ side when He was pierced?
John 19:31-34 offers this unique account that occurred at the end of Jesus’ crucifixion:“Since it was the day of Preparation, and so that the bodies would not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken and that they might be taken away. So the soldiers came and broke the legs of the first, and of the other who had been crucified with him. But when they came to Jesus and saw that he was already dead, they did not break his legs. But one of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear, and at once there came out blood and water.” Why did blood and water come out of Jesus’ side?

Crucifixion typically resulted in death through one of two ways. The first way was hypovolemic shock. The prolonged rapid heartbeat resulting from hypovolemic shock can cause fluid to gather in the area around the heart. This is called pericardial effusion.

The second way death often occurred during crucifixion was due to asphyxiation. This simply means the person is unable to breathe in enough oxygen to survive. Crucifixion victims typically had to pull their weight up with their hands or wrists that were nailed to the crossbeam along with pushing up with the feet or ankles that had another nail through them. Over time, the ability to push up to breathe would end and oxygen flow would be restricted. This asphyxiation can also result in the buildup of fluid around the heart.

In either case, the account of John is quite accurate. The Roman executioners saw that the other two crucifixion victims were still alive and broke their legs so they would no longer be able to push themselves up to breathe, resulting in death within minutes. In the case of Jesus, they saw He had become unconscious and likely was already dead. To confirm, a spear was shoved into His side, likely under His ribs, that ruptured the pericardial sack, resulting in a flow of both blood and water.

While this manner of death was a brutal end for Jesus, there was also prophetic significance to this event. John states in John 19:36-37,“For these things took place that the Scripture might be fulfilled:‘Not one of his bones will be broken.’ And again another Scripture says,‘They will look on him whom they have pierced.’” The first reference is likely to Exodus 12:46. The second reference is from Zechariah 12:10. Both were written hundreds of years before this event.

In summary, there were both practical and prophetic reasons for the blood and water that flowed from the side of Jesus at His crucifixion. The pierced side confirmed His human death while also fulfilling the messianic prophecies mentioned by John.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#421150 Feb 9, 2013
130
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>what part of these words do you have a problem understanding?
for instance, the Bible records a person saying these words' we know that God doesnt hear the prayer of a sinner", and to the Christian that is Saved,we know that not to be true.
Firstly....You are not a Christian until you are Saved.

Secondly, you are saying that Christians know that not all that is written in the Bible is true!!!! And you gave this example: the Bible records a person saying these words' we know that God doesnt hear the prayer of a sinner", and to the Christian that is Saved,we know that not to be true.

I have quoted the Scripture: Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

My question says that I understand it to say that God hears not sinners. I have quoted a parallel verse that says he does not answer all prayers. Quote: They cried, but there was none to save them: even unto the LORD, but he answered them not.

My question remains, per Scripture, if that does not teach that God hears not the prayer of a sinner...and that not all prayers are answered, what, exactly, is Scripture saying??????
Guest

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421151 Feb 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
USING WIKI TO HELP YOU OUT. I ALREADY KNOW THIS:
The development of the embryo is called embryogenesis. In organisms that reproduce sexually, once a sperm(God has no sperm, since he isnt human) fertilizes an egg cell, the result is a cell called the zygote, which possesses {{{half the DNA of each of its two parents}]]]. SEE THIS: GOD HAS NO DNA.
NOW LOOK CLOSELY AT THIS ONE WORD[IMPLANTATION]:
5–7 days after fertilization, the blastocyst attaches to the wall of the uterus (endometrium). When it comes into contact with the endometrium it performs implantation. Implantation connections between the mother and the embryo will begin to form, including the umbilical cord.
HERE IS WHERE THE EMBRYO BEGINS TO TAKE THE HUMANIZATION FROM MARY(SINCE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HER).
this isnt the least difficult to understand, it is very simple and it occurrs with every child born.
the Bible speaks of the Holy Ghost "overshadowing' Mary. that in and of itself clearly indicates that God the Father used Him to infuse Jesus into Her body, just as on several occasions, we find that the Holy Ghost moved Jesus from one place to another.
and dusty lied when she said that I beleive that Jesus was born without the umbilical cord since that begins to form in this process of implantation as mentioned beforehand.
to say that God the Father had intercourse with mary is heresy at its worst.
You have absolutley lost it. One does not have sex by artificial insemination nor by concieving through the Holy Spirit.

Christ gave to New Commandments with the same concept of th eoriginal 10 in which all the law hangs on along with two ordinances, Baptism and the Lords Supper to do as Oft as thy will and to be preached to all the world in which Ananias instructed paul SAUL/Paul in doing.

12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there,

13 Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him.

14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee,....[ that thou shouldest know his will........], and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.

15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.

16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#421152 Feb 9, 2013
"What is the meaning of the blood of Christ?"

Answer: The phrase “blood of Christ” is used several times in the New Testament and is the expression of the sacrificial death and full atoning work of Jesus on our behalf. References to the Savior’s blood include the reality that He literally bled on the cross, but more significantly that He bled and died for sinners. The blood of Christ has the power to atone for an infinite number of sins committed by an infinite number of people throughout the ages, and all whose faith rests in that blood will be saved.

The reality of the blood of Christ as the means of atonement for sin has its origin in the Mosaic Law. Once a year, the priest was to make an offering of the blood of animals on the altar of the temple for the sins of the people.“In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness”(Hebrews 9:22). But this was a blood offering that was limited in its effectiveness, which is why it had to be offered again and again. This was a foreshadowing of the “once for all” sacrifice which Jesus offered on the cross (Hebrews 7:27). Once that sacrifice was made, there was no longer a need for the blood of bulls and goats.

The blood of Christ is the basis of the New Covenant. On the night before He went to the cross, Jesus offered the cup of wine to His disciples and said, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you”(Luke 22:20). The pouring of the wine in the cup symbolized the blood of Christ which would be poured out for all who would ever believe in Him. When He shed His blood on the cross, He did away with the Old Covenant requirement for the continual sacrifices of animals. Their blood was not sufficient to cover the sins of the people, except on a temporary basis, because sin against a holy and infinite God requires a holy and infinite sacrifice.“But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins, because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins”(Hebrews 10:3). While the blood of bulls and goats were a “reminder” of sin,“the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect”(1 Peter 1:19) paid in full the debt of sin we owe to God, and we need no further sacrifices for sin. Jesus said,“It is finished” as He was dying, and He meant just that—the entire work of redemption was completed forever,“having obtained eternal redemption” for us (Hebrews 9:12).

Not only does the blood of Christ redeem believers from sin and eternal punishment, but “His blood will make our consciences pure from useless acts so we may serve the living God”(Hebrews 9:14 NCV). This means that not only are we now free from having to offer sacrifices which are “useless” to obtain salvation, but we are free from having to rely on worthless and unproductive works of the flesh to please God. Because the blood of Christ has redeemed us, we are now new creations in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17), and by His blood we are freed from sin to serve the living God, to glorify Him, and to enjoy Him forever.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421153 Feb 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>he didnt know that Paul [needed] to be Baptised since he was already saved.
no minister should ever tell any person when they should be Baptised. that person should tell the minister when they feel that it is time to be Baptised as they are moved by the Holy Ghost.
I guess Peter was out of line to tell people to be baptized for the remission of their sins after they asked him what must they do to be saved.

Was Peter wrong in giving that command? Or were they already saved and still asking what they must do to be saved?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421154 Feb 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>he didnt know that Paul [needed] to be Baptised since he was already saved.
no minister should ever tell any person when they should be Baptised. that person should tell the minister when they feel that it is time to be Baptised as they are moved by the Holy Ghost.
Also, why then would Ananias baptize him? If he were saved already - WHY Baptize?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min dirty white boy- 753,497
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min Commander Bunny 262,057
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 31 min Blk Thndr 602,758
Long Term Effects of Alcohol – What it Really D... 39 min Commander Bunny 3
Homosexuality is wrong-- SIMPLE FACTS you dont ... (Sep '11) 1 hr toby_7 32
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 4,837
Generalized NWO Rant with book references 1 hr WasteWater 19
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr bacon hater 96,408
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr Chris Clearwater 174,524

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE