Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650027 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421041 Feb 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou amongst woman, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
I know this is found in the Book of Opinions, I'm just not sure which chapter and verse. Enlighten me.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421042 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism isn't just a symbol. But most of your protestant brethren say it is.
Not me.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#421043 Feb 8, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>

You don't know the actual birthday of Jesus. Is he not that important? You don't know what he looked like. HUH! don't know his occupation,(thats not good) the most important dates the death and resurrection and nobody knows those dates. UNBELIEVABLE!
None of what you are questioning, has ANY relevance (what-so-ever) as to my personal faith and salvation in Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church. Ridiculous, "trivial" questions such as this are a "total waste of time"! My faith is not dependent upon knowing Jesus' occupation. You, Michael, are "really scraping bottom" if you have this "need to know"! Why don't you "debunk" Christopher Columbus' voyage with the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria because you can't prove "how many nails" it took to build these ships. You. my friend, have some "serious mental and emotional issues to deal with!!!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421044 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YOU GO BACK AND REREAD IT AND SHOW ME WHERE THE WORD[BAPTISE] IS STATED BY JESUS.
it isnt in there.
Why then was Paul baptized? Why was Jesus baptized? Jesus did tell us to go into all of the world and baptize...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#421045 Feb 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No one believes "anything" you say because it is ALL "propagandized" with anti-catholic vengeance, hostility and hate. Unfortunately--it is the ONLY thing that you (KNOW) and the ONLY thing that have ever "relied upon" in your (half-truth, half heresy) ministry-(NOT Jesus Christ, NOT the Holy Spirit, and "most definitely NOT THE TRUTH!!-All that you EVER DO--is to"quote bible verses then twist and pervert the meaning in order to "attack" the personal faith and salvation of other Christians--especially Catholics!.... I most certainly wish Kay Marie a "speedy recover" so that she can return to this forum soon and bring some "truth and sanity" back into your family and to the ecumentical body of believers in Jesus Christ.
~~~

No one has to twist or pervert the truth to prove your Constantine-sm wrong

All one has to do is give verses from the Bible...

I have given you...

BOOK ...CHAPTERS... AND.. VERSES ...TO QUALIFY EACH OF MY POST...

YOU EVIDENTLY ARE TURNED TO A REPROBATE MIND...

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Rom 1:25 ==> Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. <==Amen.

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

-->NOTE <---
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

HERE IS THE characteristics OF YOU RELIGIOUS SOCIETY..

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

#421046 Feb 8, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, Clay.
A good read....
THE CHURCH IF THE PILLAR OF TRUTH!!!!!!!!!
“ In the Holy Bible, we read, "If I (St. Paul) am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth. Without any doubt, the mystery of our religion is great..." [1 Tim. 15-16]
In the aforementioned passage, two things stand out. Paul refers to:
i. The Church is the pillar and bulwark of the truth, and
ii. Our religion.
Most Protestants believe that the Bible is the pillar and foundation of the truth. They also believe that no knowledge outside of the Bible is necessary for salvation.
Such a belief, "Sola Scriptura," (meaning only need the Bible) cannot be found anywhere in the Bible. Not only that, they fall short of recognizing that Saint Paul was referring to "our religion, the Roman Catholic Church and its Rites, the only One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Chruch that was instituted on earth by Jesus Christ.
The Protestant argument that the Bible is the pillar and bulwark of the truth does not make any sense for two reasons:
i) It was not until the fourth century that the Catholic Church completed its selection of the "canon of Scripture." The Bible could not be the pillar and bulwark of the truth prior to the fourth century because the Holy Bible did not exist.
ii) It was not until the 1600's that the first Bible was printed. Prior to those days, very few Bibles were available, such being hand written and owned by the Church and/or the rich, these being kept under lock and key. So the average person had no access to the Bible. He could not use the Bible as a reference to support that it was the pillar and bulwark of the truth. In fact, the people turned to the Church to learn the tradition, the doctrines, the teachings of the Catholic Church.
The truth is that it is only during the last four hundred years that the Protestants have made claim that the Bible is the pillar and bulwark of the truth. Prior to that, they could not make such a claim because they had no access to the Bible.“
http://www.catholicdoors.com/misc/apologetics...
yOU WROTE

THE CHURCH IF THE PILLAR OF TRUTH!

IF YOUR ONE TRUE APOSTATE CONSTANTINE-ISM IS THE TRUE CHURCH...

THEN MURDER IS NOT A SIN.....remember the crusades and the inquisition..

SODOMIZING CHILDREN ... IN NOT A SIN...

HOMOSEXUALITY...IS NOT A SIN

NONE OF THOSE THINGS ..THAT ARE LISTED BELOW ARE NOT SINS

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

YOUR SINFUL RELIGIOUS SYSTEM REEKS OF THE ABOVE UNGODLINESS...

AND HAS IMPACTED THE WHOLE EARTH WITH IT'S SIN

OF WHICH

YOU GIVE YOUR APPROVAL...

AND EVIDENTLY BELIEVE GOD DOES...

YOU DEFEND IT WITH YOUR EVERY POST..DO YOU NOT?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#421047 Feb 8, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
No Greek lexicons or other scholarly sources suggest that "presbyteros" means "priest" instead of "elder". The Greek word is equivalent to the Hebrew zaqen, which means "elder", and not priest. You can see the zaqenim described in Exodus 18:21-22 using some of the same equivalent Hebrew terms as Paul uses in the GK of 1&2 Timothy and Titus. Note that the zaqenim are not priests (i.e., from the tribe of Levi) but are rather men of distinctive maturity that qualifies them for ministerial roles among the people.
Therefore the NT equivalent of the zaqenim cannot be the Levitical priests. The Greek "presbyteros" (literally, the comparative of the Greek word for "old" and therefore translated as "one who is older") thus describes the character qualities of the "episkopos". The term "elder" would therefore appear to describe the character, while the term "overseer" (for that is the literal rendering of "episkopos") connotes the job description.
From ISV commentary I could give more citations to show you are wrong but your thanks is enough because truth matters.
If you are actually are a scholar of the Greek and Hebrew you will see the Hebrew word for Elder is translated to Prebyteros in the Greek and that the word for Priest is different in the Hebrew but I won't do all the work for you best you study it for yourself instead of being spoon feed for Catholic answers.
BTW Paul claims we are all in the Priesthood of Believers another monkey wrench in your Faith in a man made institution that you never really bothered to test as the Word of God states a Spiritual Man tests all things in light of scripture as did the Breanens
Truth Matters
Yeah, um, no, an elder is a ministerial priest.

http://www.ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/PRIEST3.H...

But go ahead and call him and elder In your protestant evangelical
denomination . Your co-religionist insists we are only to confess our sins to God, not a man who is a sinner like us. Why then does St. James tell us to confess to "elders"? For what purpose did Christ give authority to forgive sins in His name to the apostles? And how would an apostle know to forgive a sin unless it was orally confessed?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#421048 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the satanist and anthony are looking at one little word and making a doctrine out of it.
that word is very obscure and could mean very little or very much.
when Jesus said that Paul was a vessel for him to use, he meant the Preaching of the Word of God.that is what Paul was to [do], which is how I look at that word in that verse.
and ananias added the Bapisting part on his own since Jesus never mentioned it and if it was that important for Paul to do his job, I would think that Jesus would have told ananias that.
as with Jonah, the city of ninevah was not the most important thing for Jonah to do. the important thing was for Jonah to [preach] to the people in that city, by obeying God. a city[name] is just a city[name], it is the people that reside in that city that are important
anthony has brought this forward many times but the sda cultist is just using it to bring trouble on the forum, just like the devil he serves.
"that word is very obscure and could mean very little or very much."

"and ananias added the Bapisting part on his own since Jesus never mentioned it"

Lol. And St. Paul forgot to tell Ananias to not bother with the baptism 'cause he already got saved and he didn't feel like gettin' wet.

More Prestonianism.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#421049 Feb 8, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Sorry. You are misquoting the Bible. It is probably due to your belief in your beliefs that is the problem....One is not told to stay firm in their beliefs....That would mean one would cease to learn.
One is called to stand firm in faith in various N.T. scriptures.(1 Cor 16:13, 1 Peter 5:9) There is a major difference between faith and belief.
The confusion can come in when one does not understand the difference of to "believe in" and "believe that", as well...
Of course you want to point out the error, even when it doesn't exist.

Isaiah 7:9
"If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all."
- as the old prophet spoke of your "God".

One can "stand firm in their belief" of "God" [aka Jesus in some eyes], but also one must stay firm in that faith of the belief.

Move past the words, and understand their meanings.

#421050 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"and ananias added the Bapisting part on his own since Jesus never mentioned it"
Lol. And St. Paul forgot to tell Ananias to not bother with the baptism 'cause he already got saved and he didn't feel like gettin' wet.
More Prestonianism.
~~~
I HAVE REFUSED TO ARGUE DOCTRINE WITH YOU CONSTANTIANS..
I SEE NOT REASON TO DISCUSS YOUR CONSTANTIN-ISM
DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT HAS NO REASON FOR IT'S EXISTENCE IN THE SCRIPTURE...
I REJECT THE WHOLE FACADE...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#421051 Feb 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I hope Kay is doing well.
truth

Perth, Australia

#421052 Feb 8, 2013
last week stigmata on both hand in middle is been visible..now is gone..
left feet..horrible..no no i am ok perfect..my mind yesterday is been clear modern then ever..we have many guardians around us visible and not visible..o yes even not visible we can fill or hear..

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421053 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
More Prestonianism.
I dont have a problem with Paul being Baptised. All of us should be baptised after we accept Jesus as our Lord, as Paul did on that road to Damascus.

the bottom line is that I refuse to allow people to lie about what Jesus said or didnt say and He never told Ananias to Baptise Paul, which is why you couldnt prove it.
truth

Perth, Australia

#421055 Feb 8, 2013
marks over wrist is still visible red..
tears=so acidic

tear just one drop over wrist..ziva rana
''you not forget your tears Jesus
truth

Perth, Australia

#421057 Feb 8, 2013
do you judge me
pray for your enemy
as yourself
Holy Ghost

Kansas City, MO

#421058 Feb 8, 2013
confronting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You are ready to write your manifesto......titled: Rantings of a lunaticcccccccccccccccccc!!!!! !!!!!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#421059 Feb 8, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Clay
You make a lot of presumptions in your post that flat out false.
You imply writings were lost.
Apparently you Doubt the power of God when he states Heaven Hell will pass away but not one stroke of my word.
YOU See Clay God maintains his word independently of Men or Institutions.
YOU See God is not dependent on anything or anyone to maintain his word or his will.
Now if you choose to study early Christian History the first 300 years in fact the first 200 from 33 AD to 200 AD you will see that we can reconstruct the whole of the NT just from the writings of the Church Fathers quoting the NT books as Scripture, with out even having a copy of these books.
That is a fact.
There are also over 5000+ Ancient Manuscripts of the Bible we can compare to today as well.
some more facts the Bible was confirmed by the councils, I.E. they acknowledge that which the early church fathers and early church Christians had already recognized as scripture (the word of God) they did not decide it was scripture then they only stated the what had been obviously used as scripture for the past 300 years.
The first Councils did not have a Pope of Popes as the RCC has today it was a vote of Bishops all equal no Pope gave the final say as it is today with the RCC
When the NT was codified at the Councils the RCC the institution you belong to now NEVER EXISTED it has been made up since then.
Truth Matters the RCC is not the one true church the Bible shows us so.
The Roman Catholic Church determined the New Testament canon in the 4th and 5th century. Most of those Books are in your Bible.(Luther removed 7 from the OT)
Is there really any more argument? Your opinion on what the Bible is, is flawed from the get go. Its made up by men, 1500 yrs after Jesus. Do you understand that?
truth

Perth, Australia

#421060 Feb 8, 2013
tears as acid
do you liked try one
if not why not..
did you forget who save you all
truth

Perth, Australia

#421061 Feb 8, 2013
truth

Perth, Australia

#421062 Feb 8, 2013
every ghost is not holy..who declare you to be holy..
many demons exist as well angels but fall ..

only his name command out

do you liked scourge people..do you liked be blue
i am i been liked that

do you judge me
o yes you judge me
do you judge him
o yes you judge
every they you judge
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bambam 15 min brandy trujillo 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 18 min Buck Crick 55,956
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 29 min Nikkiwhite98 726
Microsoft MCSA 070-697 deutsch it-pruefungen 31 min itpruefungende 1
Windows Server 2012 70-410 deutsche Schulungsfr... 1 hr itpruefungende 1
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Neville Thompson 432
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Neville Thompson 281,477
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr brandy trujillo 971,739
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web