Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
405,481 - 405,500 of 533,731 Comments Last updated 41 min ago

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

757 721
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not gonna play word games with you. The best way to communicate with you is one or two syllable words and short sentences.
You;
"Mah words: So...you acknowledge they had marital relations...per Scripture."
Me;
No they didn't. Scripture never says they did.
Answer to your question;
They didn't.
End of discussion with you.
No word games....the following can be verified on this form:

You are grasping at straws..again..I never said you acknowledged they had martial relations after Jesus' birth!!!!!!!

I said:
The question was asked: What does the word KNEW mean in the vesre?

You said: Marital relations. The verse is saying they didn't have marital relations before she bore a son, it doesn't mean he "knew" her afterwards.

Mah words: So...you acknowledge they had marital relations...per Scripture...Then you say it did not happen before nor after the birth of Christ...so, when did they have intercourse.....

Answer my question....so, when did they have intercourse...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
Whatever, you think, you know ontologically speaking, may or may not be true, thus your knowledge and understanding may or may not be true of a thing.
Faith seeks understanding, or in another sense, belief seeks knowledge.
So...,
To know a thing, or the understanding of a truth, is not to know All Things and All Truth from which you make a general statement which is not true...albeit "Then this does not apply to you:..."
You are proved wrong in the single instance of the matter, and in the fuller meaning. Thus you do not understand what is taught by the Church. And your "agreeing" with what the Church teaches is faulty to begin with in your presentation.
Your mindless prattle changes nothing in these words:

734 665

On this matter...it is not what I think your religion teaches...it is what I know it teaches...and on this matter I fully agree with them..

Then this does not apply to you: Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Question: If I say "I will not go outside until it stops raining" does that mean when it stopped raining, I did not go outside????
Whadda boutit Anthony????

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I use the term "marital relations" because I prefer not to use the term "sexual realtions" in reference to the Blessed Mother out of respect for her. You obviously have no problem with it.
Your claim can only be made because of the word "until" which is the word in dispute. Your ancestors AND the Catholic Church says it meant something different than what you modern day protestants think it means.

Question: If I say "I will not go outside until it stops raining" does that mean when it stopped raining, I did not go outside????
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Whadda boutit Anthony????
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I use the term "marital relations" because I prefer not to use the term "sexual realtions" in reference to the Blessed Mother out of respect for her. You obviously have no problem with it.
Your claim can only be made because of the word "until" which is the word in dispute. Your ancestors AND the Catholic Church says it meant something different than what you modern day protestants think it means.
Auf Wiedersehen mein Freund. Sie sind ein Idiot und ich möchte keine wieder sprechen mit dir.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Auf Wiedersehen mein Freund. Sie sind ein Idiot und ich möchte keine wieder sprechen mit dir.
Gute Wahl Anthony!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Gute Wahl Anthony!
Danke schön.

I'm a bit rusty but it'll keep him busy for awhile I hope.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Danke schön.
I'm a bit rusty but it'll keep him busy for awhile I hope.
Pretty sure he thinks Schadenfreude means Christian. Its what Catholics believe Pope approved. ;0

Gute Nacht

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
You fundies make me laugh. So according to you, God gave a church for say 300 years. Then it was corrupted. Then confusion reigned for say 1300 more years. Until the protestants turned up with the one true doctrine.
Are you stupid or something? What a moron.
~~~

Adam and eve wore fig leaves because they needed more-on...

Your mind is just as void of understanding as their bodies were

of clothing...

Their knowledge of good and evil...(that came by their disobedience to God)...

caused them to no longer have access to the tree of life and their being able to live forever...

What will your Constantine godless understanding ultimately cost you?
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure he thinks Schadenfreude means Christian. Its what Catholics believe Pope approved. ;0
Gute Nacht
Lol.
Gute Nacht und Gott segnen.
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You give good advice,but I for one do not see that the RCs have something so much more precious that we LACK. What is the most important 3 things you feel as a priest that we L A C K?
The Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist.

Aposolic Succession.

Authoritative Teaching, rooted in Apostolic Succession.

A Church that is One, in all the p,aces where the Gospel of Jesus Christ is proclaimed.

A Church that is catholic, a notion many Protestants reject, and a word hey have even dared to remove from the Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed.

The Communion of the Saints.

The Graces offered to us by the Holy Spirit in the Sacraments.

The intercession of the Blessed Mother, forever pointing us to her Divine Son.

I could go on, but you probably already have 4 or 5 things from the list which you reject, and it'd only raise your blood pressure.

Protestantism has graces in it, an a Purpose, one given to it because of misbehavior on the pepart of Catholic leadership before the Reformation.

But we ought never to forget that Protestantism is ALSO a Tower of Babel, a structure erected (in intent) APART from the One God originally intended.

I often wonder how much better the faith of Christianity would be, had they been True Reformers (as St. Francis of Assisi was), rather than the Rebels they turned out to be. That is not a criticism of the ones who inherited from them, b the way, as I am convinced there are saints among their heirs.

LOTS of them.

But that does not make their antescedants any less rebels rather than true reformers.

Rob

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your version lacks historic fact, logic and faith- in Jesus Christ.
Conspiracy Christianity is un biblical. I gotta imagine, that it greatly irritates Jesus. He said he'd be with them always, til the end of the world. He didn't say "in 1400 yrs when the bible is printed, people will have access to my real ministry."
~~~

Since the Apostle Peter wrote ...

2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that

==> one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

1400 years then is less than a day an a half...in God's timing.

Yet you Roman Constantin-es believe you control God's word and His eternal plan of Salvation..

Your arrogance is beyond explanation.

Your religion is not even dry behind the ears.
Holy Ghost

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Matt. 1:25 - this verse says Joseph knew her "not until ("heos", in Greek)" she bore a son. Some Protestants argue that this proves Joseph had relations with Mary after she bore a son. This is an erroneous reading of the text because "not until" does not mean "did not...until after." "Heos" references the past, never the future. Instead, "not until" she bore a son means "not up to the point that" she bore a son. This confirms that Mary was a virgin when she bore Jesus. Here are other texts that prove "not until" means "not up to the point that":
We really dont know whom is more ghostly, the Gods or the Aliens........anybody ever see either or are they one in the same animal?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
The Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist.
Aposolic Succession.
A Church that is One, in all the p,aces where the Gospel of Jesus Christ is proclaimed.
A Church that is catholic, a notion many Protestants reject, and a word hey have even dared to remove from the Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed.
The Communion of the Saints.
The Graces offered to us by the Holy Spirit in the Sacraments.
The intercession of the Blessed Mother, forever pointing us to her Divine Son.
I could go on, but you probably already have 4 or 5 things from the list which you reject, and it'd only raise your blood pressure.
Protestantism has graces in it, an a Purpose, one given to it because of misbehavior on the pepart of Catholic leadership before the Reformation.
But we ought never to forget that Protestantism is ALSO a Tower of Babel, a structure erected (in intent) APART from the One God originally intended.
I often wonder how much better the faith of Christianity would be, had they been True Reformers (as St. Francis of Assisi was), rather than the Rebels they turned out to be. That is not a criticism of the ones who inherited from them, b the way, as I am convinced there are saints among their heirs.
LOTS of them.
But that does not make their antescedants any less rebels rather than true reformers.
Rob
"The Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist".
pretty stupid to think that and/or teach that false beleif. jesus is in heaven sitting on the right hand of God, not in ssome piece of grain.lol

"Aposolic Succession"

no such animal. there is no succession of any person being a Apostle. that office is reseerved only for those of us who have seen the resurrected Christ, pope benny hasnt, nor have any of your leaders of this false religion, Jesus would never appear to any of you catholics until the time comes when He destroys your false religion.

lol. no Aposlte has ever taught that mary was sinless, this false lies came much later after the death of those who could call your teachers lairs to their face. this false doctrine began to show its face around 1854 or thereabout.Rom 3:23 KJV) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; and this incluedes mary who was part of the human race before your cult elevated her to the office of queen of Heaven,

I could go on and speak about every lie that you have said on here but one day, God himself will speak and then you along with all catholics will find out how they have been deceived and you who deceive them will face a even greater punishment.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Since the Apostle Peter wrote ...
2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that
==> one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
1400 years then is less than a day an a half...in God's timing.
Yet you Roman Constantin-es believe you control God's word and His eternal plan of Salvation..
Your arrogance is beyond explanation.
Your religion is not even dry behind the ears.
~~~

Jesus described a bunch of children such as you Roman Catholics..

Mat 11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,

Mat 11:17 And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.

---

Luk 7:31 And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?

Luk 7:32 They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept.

You Constantine's say...

We have presented paganism to you, and ye have not accepted it...;

we have said the rosary for you and ye have not wept.

We have created a dynasty in Rome...but you will not join our comedy of errors.

We have worshiped the queen of heaven but you will not...

Like Children that believe fables fantasy and fiction...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

disclaimer; some of this link, i didnt like.be your own judge

http://www.scionofzion.com/mary.htm

Mary Needed A Savior!
(Luke 1:47 KJV) And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Here is an extremely revealing verse taken from her magnificat. If Mary was born without sin, then she would have been able to fulfill the demands of God’s holy law without the benefit of a substitutionary atonement. In essence, she would have no sin and therefore would be perfect before God. That is not what the Scriptures are teaching, they are telling us that Mary needed a Savior which means she was under the curse of sin with the rest of the world and had to be atoned for before she could even consider going to Heaven, never mind, carry the Lord Jesus from a Holy Spirit conception.

Mary is not a mediatrix!
(1 Tim 2:5 KJV) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Those in the Roman Catholic Church teach that Mary is a mediator between Jesus and us. This teaching is erroneous because the Bible teaches that Jesus is the ONLY mediator between God and man. The Bible does not teach anywhere that the redeemed of God in Heaven have any intercessory authority or ministry for those still remaining on earth.

Mary Was not a Perpetual Virgin!
(Mark 6:1-3 KJV) And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him.{2} And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?{3} Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

(Mat 13:54-56 KJV) And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works?{55} Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?{56} And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

Another teaching which the Roman Church teaches is that Mary remained a perpetual virgin. The Bible refutes this in the two passages which I have listed here. The Bible teaches that Jesus had brothers and sisters, and if Mary was the mother of Jesus, then these men and women named in these Scriptures were from the same woman, namely Mary. Notice how God specifically names Mary as their mother. The perpetual virginity of Mary is a fallacy which does not exist in history nor the Bible. If someone chooses to believe in the perpetual virginity of Mary, they must do so in opposition of Scripture, a dangerous place to be.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you are, you're the one who brought it up.
The only ones who would like to punch him want to marry each other (and they're both men). The other one is also an effete snob, but he can't even find a man who'll put up with him.
The rest are simply deniers of the truth.
No I wasn't the first one to bring it up I was responding to a post of Michaels .
If you don't know what someone is talking about stay out of the conversation.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel so sorry for you.
Pity is a wasted emotion Anthony.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Jesus described a bunch of children such as you Roman Catholics..
Mat 11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
Mat 11:17 And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.
---
Luk 7:31 And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?
Luk 7:32 They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept.
You Constantine's say...
We have presented paganism to you, and ye have not accepted it...;
we have said the rosary for you and ye have not wept.
We have created a dynasty in Rome...but you will not join our comedy of errors.
We have worshiped the queen of heaven but you will not...
Like Children that believe fables fantasy and fiction...
No one believes "anything" you say because it is ALL "propagandized" with anti-catholic vengeance, hostility and hate. Unfortunately--it is the ONLY thing that you (KNOW) and the ONLY thing that have ever "relied upon" in your (half-truth, half heresy) ministry-(NOT Jesus Christ, NOT the Holy Spirit, and "most definitely NOT THE TRUTH!!-All that you EVER DO--is to"quote bible verses then twist and pervert the meaning in order to "attack" the personal faith and salvation of other Christians--especially Catholics!.... I most certainly wish Kay Marie a "speedy recover" so that she can return to this forum soon and bring some "truth and sanity" back into your family and to the ecumentical body of believers in Jesus Christ.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Did Timothy speak ever with mother Mary?
Did Paul ever speak with mother Mary?

i don't think so..

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not going by the teachings of the apostles that walked the earth with Jesus , not by a long shot StarC.
You are going by the teachings of the false prophets and teachers that have creeped into the church as Peter warned they would.
Thats what is wrong with just oral teaching and not the written word. What is written can't not be change, but what is taught orally can be changed by whoever is telling the story,.
You are taught the religious teachings of corrupted men who were not after the truth of God, but power and money , and sex.
StarC, what you have been taught is not the truth, the Bible says so not me.
LOL, you have “creeped in” your own interpretation and you are now…trying to change what Jesus taught….
Lady , its you that does not know Scripture!
What does this verse mean to you??
2 Thess 2: 14

Actually you are the false prophet the bible talks about. Give it up, already!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

262 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 3 min Nice_girl 447
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min nanoanomaly 722,361
00971569470225 Body to body massage in Abudhabi 44 min sunny 0569470225 38
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Krackerjacks 115,659
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Hidingfromyou 93,873
GMO foods and you! 1 hr Hidingfromyou 13
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Catcher1 224,702
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr 911 A and E 257,052
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr Megamegan 87