Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673352 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#421026 Feb 8, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
Well look who's here LA Robert F
So what's your flavor for 2013??
Is your Faith Christian, or RC or is Mormon or is Atheist for 2013?
I have been away from the forums for a while took a break so where is your Faith these Days Robert.
Still on the high Seas?? LOL Irony included as I am currently at sea.
Greetings concerned in Egypt(Brazil)

It is nice to hear from you. I hope you have been well, and all is going well with you and your family.(They still are Catholics as I recall?)

Anyway, I have been on the thread for maybe 3 or 4 months after a couple of years away....

The faith is the same, the belief is different as learning and experience dictate. After much inter-religous dialogue, my faith widened in Jesus Christ. My beliefs are still in the RCC.

Being on a ship, if it is smaller, you must get some rough seas, the boat goes up and down, and one must stay at the rudder to stay on course..., well so it is with someone when faith is tested.(Like me.) Try getting out and walk on the water sometime with Jesus...(smile)

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421027 Feb 8, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT DOES THIS WORD MEAN instucred ???
the satanist and anthony are looking at one little word and making a doctrine out of it.

that word is very obscure and could mean very little or very much.

when Jesus said that Paul was a vessel for him to use, he meant the Preaching of the Word of God.that is what Paul was to [do], which is how I look at that word in that verse.

and ananias added the Bapisting part on his own since Jesus never mentioned it and if it was that important for Paul to do his job, I would think that Jesus would have told ananias that.

as with Jonah, the city of ninevah was not the most important thing for Jonah to do. the important thing was for Jonah to [preach] to the people in that city, by obeying God. a city[name] is just a city[name], it is the people that reside in that city that are important

anthony has brought this forward many times but the sda cultist is just using it to bring trouble on the forum, just like the devil he serves.

Location hidden

#421028 Feb 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
915 886 762 734 886
<quoted text>
You are grasping at straws...I never said one word about green grass!!!!
Oxbow

I am sorry. I have failed you again....

In other words, I have to get more basic with you, and I fear at this time, I am losing the battle.

Compare....Apples and oranges. What do they have in common?
Answer: They are both fruits.

Do you agree or disagree?

Are you able to compare and contrast, and think symbolically? Or are you most always literal?(This answer will help me communicate with you.)
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#421029 Feb 8, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad good friend
Just my view on Apostolic Succession here....
The split of Orthodox and Rome was of a spiritual, and temporal one. Spiritually, there was more a mystical quality in the Orthodox, and they wanted to preserve it. Rome was hierarchical, and wanted to preserve it.
It is difficult for a mystical quality authority to co-ordinate and lead. And so the area of Constantinople weakened itself when they left the authority of Rome, and suffered ever since.(That is not to say they were wrong, merely that they have suffered.) Over the years, various Middle Eastern influences seperated the Orthodox and Roman authorities, but these have gone their courses, and may soon end in reconciliation. It is always a hope.
The course of Protestantism has been in serious decline. And the newer evangelical and neo-reformists have emerged. But at what cost? Preserving a small "select" group of believers(churches), for a generation or two, as opposed to becoming part of the "universal" Church. It would seem better to me that a renewal of faith be directed toward the "universal"(catholic ) Church, rather than remaining seperated....
Robert F are you smoking the waki tabki again LOL

Constantinople was weaken because in the 4th crusade Rome marched on it and and Sacked it. The Bishop of Rome before they sacked it gave his Army Absolution. They sacked the city and took the City's wealth to Rome. They even Raped Christian women in the Cathedral. Not because they left Rome LOL the bishop of Rome ex-communicated the Bishop of Constantinople he did not leave and it was because he would not except Romes new and novel concept that he was the Pope of Popes or Bishop of Bishops pick your preferred language.

LOL the world population of Christians is now 2.3 billion out of 7 billion and Protestant Evangelicals are 800 million of that RC 1.1 billion and Orthodox 280 million. Protestant Evangelicals are the fast growing Christian segment and are at there largest percentage of the Christendom in History since the Reformation.

Serious Decline you write when you come down of the waki tabki give your head a shake and look at the facts.

I must conclude you are a nutter as you could not have been more utterly wrong had you gone out of your way to post opposite that which you know to be true.

Truth matters you post the opposite

Location hidden

#421030 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Hello Clay
You make a lot of presumptions in your post that flat out false.
You imply writings were lost.
Apparently you Doubt the power of God when he states Heaven Hell will pass away but not one stroke of my word.
YOU See Clay God maintains his word independently of Men or Institutions.
YOU See God is not dependent on anything or anyone to maintain his word or his will.
Now if you choose to study early Christian History the first 300 years in fact the first 200 from 33 AD to 200 AD you will see that we can reconstruct the whole of the NT just from the writings of the Church Fathers quoting the NT books as Scripture, with out even having a copy of these books.
That is a fact.
There are also over 5000+ Ancient Manuscripts of the Bible we can compare to today as well.
some more facts the Bible was confirmed by the councils, I.E. they acknowledge that which the early church fathers and early church Christians had already recognized as scripture (the word of God) they did not decide it was scripture then they only stated the what had been obviously used as scripture for the past 300 years.
The first Councils did not have a Pope of Popes as the RCC has today it was a vote of Bishops all equal no Pope gave the final say as it is today with the RCC
When the NT was codified at the Councils the RCC the institution you belong to now NEVER EXISTED it has been made up since then.
Truth Matters the RCC is not the one true church the Bible shows us so.
concerned old friend

Ah. So according to your logic, Judaism doesn't exist because the Temple doesn't exist....Hmmmm

And of course according to your logic, the O.T. doesn't exist, because the time of the O.T., was codified by the Jews didn't happen until at least the Council of Jamina(but probably much later...,about 200 A.D.).

But I do agree with your statement, "YOU See God is not dependent on anything or anyone to maintain his word or his will." Its very inciteful....
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#421031 Feb 8, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings concerned in Egypt(Brazil)
It is nice to hear from you. I hope you have been well, and all is going well with you and your family.(They still are Catholics as I recall?)
Anyway, I have been on the thread for maybe 3 or 4 months after a couple of years away....
The faith is the same, the belief is different as learning and experience dictate. After much inter-religous dialogue, my faith widened in Jesus Christ. My beliefs are still in the RCC.
Being on a ship, if it is smaller, you must get some rough seas, the boat goes up and down, and one must stay at the rudder to stay on course..., well so it is with someone when faith is tested.(Like me.) Try getting out and walk on the water sometime with Jesus...(smile)
Smile back.

So you left the RCC as you stated still have the posts if you would like to reflect but now have gone back. Ok last we chatted you had not taken Eucharist for over 2 years are you now participating in RC Mass once again??

No judgement I have gone through a dessert experince myself but did not deny what I know in my heart soul and mind to be true. But very much a time why God WHY.

Immediate Family is Evangelical Christians always have been Wife converted. Children Evangelical as well.

In laws still Roman Catholic, well in name they all seem to be into different things but still call themselves RC at least by name.

Interesting I am back on the thread today been a couple of years too I let you decide what lead me back.

Anyway got 3 weeks offshore and when I am off shift I will check in for a while. Enjoy engaging in good discussions with people who can demonstrate their faith is grounded in Truth.

Because Truth Matters.

Location hidden

#421032 Feb 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no Preston. I don't refuse to see. You do.
I really want to see where you're coming from. But I can't. I would have no problem leaving the Catholic Church if they were not who they said they were.
The fact is, your premise (sola scripture) is faulty to begin with. Therefore, every thing you preach about Christianity is gonna be based on something thats false. That's not saying you won't hit on some truths here and there.
And by the way Preston, I don't believe you looked at Jesus Christ -visually in person. And I don't believe your grandpa talked with the Apostle Paul in Heaven. But I believe you believe it did happen. You may have convinced yourself... I dunno.
If the Apostle Paul told your Grandpa anything, it would be to join the Church Paul belonged too. It sure the heck wouldn't be to translate his letters word for word and determine a new Christianity that he himself never preached.
Paul believe and taught the Eucharist Preston.(just one example)
I can assure you that Peter and the"greats in heaven" said nothing about your church to him as he relayed to me what God wanted me to [do].

one of the first things that I was to do was get Saved. and that would be a good start for you. then your leaving the cathokic church would soon follow, I rest assurred of that.

I am sorry clay but when you have that type of Experience when a person dies and then later comes back to life and calls a 12 y/o boy to his side and starts to tell him of things to come that God wants him to do, that will never be forgotten by me or if it had happened to you.

and in 1982, it was confirmed when under conviction, I cried out to God and asked Him when I was going to do that [job]

like Jonah, I couldnt run any more or any further, and God answered that cry as complete darkeness fell over my eyes(just came to me, that could be similiar to what happened to Paul, I dont know what scales means), and this darkeness happened several times(didnt count them) but a few days later, I received my invitation from Him to Come and I did. and my life changed forever.Salvation does that to a person, your tap water experience, well that is something you dont even remember, let alone change your life since you were just a little baby.

as far as Preaching, you dont have a clue, but go back and read LTM's post about her Pastor, as I easily related to that, as that is the way it is for me.My wife would ask me if I had a message and I would tell her no, we would be sitting in the church and she would ask me again , and I would say no. then when it was time for me to get up and Preach, God would deal with me on Bible verses to read. and when I stand and begin to read, the Spirit of the Lord would come upon me and I would Preach.

I learned along time ago that a Preacher cant carry a message around for a long time as the burden would be to much. he might and can carry a thought or two but not a complete message. you catholics like to say we know nothing about your religion, well it works both ways.

you catholics know nothing about Christianity and how God works.look and learn, it might, just might Save your Soul someday.
People arent here to Bash your religion but thru us, you might learn the Truth and be Saved

Location hidden

#421033 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Well look who's here LA Robert F
So what's your flavor for 2013??
Is your Faith Christian, or RC or is Mormon or is Atheist for 2013?
I have been away from the forums for a while took a break so where is your Faith these Days Robert.
Still on the high Seas?? LOL Irony included as I am currently at sea.
lol, same things that I have been saying about him to some that are new on here. Anthony has appointed Robert F the chief spokesman for the catholic church. not bad huh?

Glad to see that you are safe and sound, was looking thru some old posts and wondered how you were. CR.

so if you have a little extra time, kinda lift my name up before the Lord, an old army injury has got the best of me. would be much appreciated.

Location hidden

#421034 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Robert F are you smoking the waki tabki again LOL
Constantinople was weaken because in the 4th crusade Rome marched on it and and Sacked it. The Bishop of Rome before they sacked it gave his Army Absolution. They sacked the city and took the City's wealth to Rome. They even Raped Christian women in the Cathedral. Not because they left Rome LOL the bishop of Rome ex-communicated the Bishop of Constantinople he did not leave and it was because he would not except Romes new and novel concept that he was the Pope of Popes or Bishop of Bishops pick your preferred language.
LOL the world population of Christians is now 2.3 billion out of 7 billion and Protestant Evangelicals are 800 million of that RC 1.1 billion and Orthodox 280 million. Protestant Evangelicals are the fast growing Christian segment and are at there largest percentage of the Christendom in History since the Reformation.
Serious Decline you write when you come down of the waki tabki give your head a shake and look at the facts.
I must conclude you are a nutter as you could not have been more utterly wrong had you gone out of your way to post opposite that which you know to be true.
Truth matters you post the opposite
concerned old friend

I am writing way back historically speaking than the 4th Crusade.

I was writing of the time in general when the Constantine ruled....I was writing with a spiritual and temporal flavor. I hope you can be spiritual about things from time to time.(smile)

Yes....Its quite a mess with Evangelicals now. So many without a shephard on earth....They just keep jumping from one church to another....I would daresay their numbers will triple in a year or two, as they leave one little church to another....Hmmmm. I am in no way endorsing a census....(smile)

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421035 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the satanist and anthony are looking at one little word and making a doctrine out of it.
that word is very obscure and could mean very little or very much.
when Jesus said that Paul was a vessel for him to use, he meant the Preaching of the Word of God.that is what Paul was to [do], which is how I look at that word in that verse.
and ananias added the Bapisting part on his own since Jesus never mentioned it and if it was that important for Paul to do his job, I would think that Jesus would have told ananias that.
as with Jonah, the city of ninevah was not the most important thing for Jonah to do. the important thing was for Jonah to [preach] to the people in that city, by obeying God. a city[name] is just a city[name], it is the people that reside in that city that are important
anthony has brought this forward many times but the sda cultist is just using it to bring trouble on the forum, just like the devil he serves.
Paul recieved the baptism of the Holy Ghost and as per scripture Annias as DEVOUT Jew done what Christ had stated in his word to be baptised for remission of sins.
Paul was not sent to baptise is correct however not until he had done as Christ had commanded to do in his word.

1 Corinthians 1:17.

For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#421036 Feb 8, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
concerned old friend
I am writing way back historically speaking than the 4th Crusade.
I was writing of the time in general when the Constantine ruled....I was writing with a spiritual and temporal flavor. I hope you can be spiritual about things from time to time.(smile)
Yes....Its quite a mess with Evangelicals now. So many without a shephard on earth....They just keep jumping from one church to another....I would daresay their numbers will triple in a year or two, as they leave one little church to another....Hmmmm. I am in no way endorsing a census....(smile)
Yeh LOL ROFL you are hoot.

The ones jumping Robert F are the Roman Catholics but facts never have gotten in your way have they. LOL ROFL
but just in case facts do mean something to you remeber a few years back when Brazil was to be half Evangelical by 2030 that was a little out of wack

Half of Brazil's Population to be Evangelical Christian by 2020

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/half-of-bra...

from In 2010, Epoca, a well-read news magazine in Brazil, released figures from studies on evangelical growth. Those interviewed included theologians and anthropologists, who unanimously agreed that evangelicals were increasingly influencing all spheres of Brazilian life – concluding that the evangelical presence has contributed to the decline in alcoholism, increase in school enrollment, and reduction in the number of broken homes.
Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/half-of-bra...

BTW Do you even know what temporal means when you use it and well spiritual I do my best to walk in the HOLY Spirit that's what being Spiritual means in the Bible you know the inerrant world of God.

So don't worry about the Evangelicals our Comforter has been sent he dwells in us and we are not with out a Shepard unlike RC's who worship Idols bow before graven images and pray to them and bow before men kissing their ring finger. No we are lead by a true Shepard who does not distort the Word of God.

Truth Truth Truth and more Truth got love it the Lord that is.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#421037 Feb 8, 2013
028 915 886 762 734 886
<quoted text>
You are grasping at straws...I never said one word about green grass!!!!
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
I am sorry. I have failed you again....
In other words, I have to get more basic with you, and I fear at this time, I am losing the battle.
Compare....Apples and oranges. What do they have in common?
Answer: They are both fruits.
Do you agree or disagree?
Are you able to compare and contrast, and think symbolically? Or are you most always literal?(This answer will help me communicate with you.)
You are making yourself look really silly...give it up!!!!
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#421038 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, same things that I have been saying about him to some that are new on here. Anthony has appointed Robert F the chief spokesman for the catholic church. not bad huh?
Glad to see that you are safe and sound, was looking thru some old posts and wondered how you were. CR.
so if you have a little extra time, kinda lift my name up before the Lord, an old army injury has got the best of me. would be much appreciated.
I will pray for you atemcoboy hope your better soon.

Location hidden

#421039 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Smile back.
So you left the RCC as you stated still have the posts if you would like to reflect but now have gone back. Ok last we chatted you had not taken Eucharist for over 2 years are you now participating in RC Mass once again??
No judgement I have gone through a dessert experince myself but did not deny what I know in my heart soul and mind to be true. But very much a time why God WHY.
Immediate Family is Evangelical Christians always have been Wife converted. Children Evangelical as well.
In laws still Roman Catholic, well in name they all seem to be into different things but still call themselves RC at least by name.
Interesting I am back on the thread today been a couple of years too I let you decide what lead me back.
Anyway got 3 weeks offshore and when I am off shift I will check in for a while. Enjoy engaging in good discussions with people who can demonstrate their faith is grounded in Truth.
Because Truth Matters.
concerned old friend

I am glad to hear all is well with you and your wife, and your religous life....And I will be here most of the time. Next month I will be gone for at least a week as I visit family.

I am back at Mass.

I have been reading the Bible a lot lately, perhaps a little too much time in the day. I really have to pace myself.

I think for me, my coming and going was a need to widen my perspective, and not be as judgemental and narrowminded in my faith. It is good to be the prodigal son. Even more the glory to God.

Time for me to go. God bless....
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#421040 Feb 8, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
concerned old friend
Ah. So according to your logic, Judaism doesn't exist because the Temple doesn't exist....Hmmmm
And of course according to your logic, the O.T. doesn't exist, because the time of the O.T., was codified by the Jews didn't happen until at least the Council of Jamina(but probably much later...,about 200 A.D.).
But I do agree with your statement, "YOU See God is not dependent on anything or anyone to maintain his word or his will." Its very inciteful....
According to the OT if you are to practice Judaism you would have to have a temple and have to have animal sacrifices as did the disciples as Did Jesus till he fulfilled the OT the old covenant.

So no Judaism does not exist anymore not because of my logic it does not Exist anymore Because Jesus said it is Finished, does the Seed of Abraham continue on yes as Paul delineates in the NT but we are no longer under the law or Old testament LAW, not one bit of the OT law applies for us today its time has expired we are under NT a New covenant instituted by the Christ Jesus God incarnate.

lets see if you bite this one

Truth Matters
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421041 Feb 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou amongst woman, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
I know this is found in the Book of Opinions, I'm just not sure which chapter and verse. Enlighten me.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421042 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism isn't just a symbol. But most of your protestant brethren say it is.
Not me.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#421043 Feb 8, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>

You don't know the actual birthday of Jesus. Is he not that important? You don't know what he looked like. HUH! don't know his occupation,(thats not good) the most important dates the death and resurrection and nobody knows those dates. UNBELIEVABLE!
None of what you are questioning, has ANY relevance (what-so-ever) as to my personal faith and salvation in Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church. Ridiculous, "trivial" questions such as this are a "total waste of time"! My faith is not dependent upon knowing Jesus' occupation. You, Michael, are "really scraping bottom" if you have this "need to know"! Why don't you "debunk" Christopher Columbus' voyage with the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria because you can't prove "how many nails" it took to build these ships. You. my friend, have some "serious mental and emotional issues to deal with!!!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421044 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YOU GO BACK AND REREAD IT AND SHOW ME WHERE THE WORD[BAPTISE] IS STATED BY JESUS.
it isnt in there.
Why then was Paul baptized? Why was Jesus baptized? Jesus did tell us to go into all of the world and baptize...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#421045 Feb 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No one believes "anything" you say because it is ALL "propagandized" with anti-catholic vengeance, hostility and hate. Unfortunately--it is the ONLY thing that you (KNOW) and the ONLY thing that have ever "relied upon" in your (half-truth, half heresy) ministry-(NOT Jesus Christ, NOT the Holy Spirit, and "most definitely NOT THE TRUTH!!-All that you EVER DO--is to"quote bible verses then twist and pervert the meaning in order to "attack" the personal faith and salvation of other Christians--especially Catholics!.... I most certainly wish Kay Marie a "speedy recover" so that she can return to this forum soon and bring some "truth and sanity" back into your family and to the ecumentical body of believers in Jesus Christ.
~~~

No one has to twist or pervert the truth to prove your Constantine-sm wrong

All one has to do is give verses from the Bible...

I have given you...

BOOK ...CHAPTERS... AND.. VERSES ...TO QUALIFY EACH OF MY POST...

YOU EVIDENTLY ARE TURNED TO A REPROBATE MIND...

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Rom 1:25 ==> Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. <==Amen.

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

-->NOTE <---
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

HERE IS THE characteristics OF YOU RELIGIOUS SOCIETY..

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Clearwater 104,781
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min Clearwater 981,356
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 6,190
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,626
Well.......now I KNOW I won't buy with Amazon.com 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Orlando Hair MD (Nov '13) 5 hr Garry K 7
crooks frauds predators 10 hr Jedimaster of All 2
More from around the web