Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679315 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420967 Feb 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
and you as well.
He may ask you why did you believe you could receive My gift of salvation through the faith of your parents?
He may ask why did you go to a sinner for fogiveness of your sins? I accomplished everything at the cross so you can come right to the throne of grace.
He may ask why do you glorify Mary over Me? I was the one who suffered and died on the cross for you.
He may ask why did you really believe that the Son of God, The Messiah comes in the form of a cracker?
***Boy...I'd hate to be you
I think He'll ask you why you find it necessary to lie about the faith of other Christians.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420968 Feb 8, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>AMEN !!!
hey stupid, anthony is saying that jesus told ananias to baptise jesus, i challenged him to show me.

since the Bible doesnt indicate that.

and you amen him? makes you as dumb as him.lol

NAH!! even dumber.
Catholic Girl

United States

#420969 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>NOT ONLY DO I KNOW WHO HE IS, BUT I HAVE ALREADY LOOKED AT HIM, AND I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY THE WRITER SPOKE OF HIM AS HE DID. ONCE YOU LOOK INTO HIS EYES, YOU WILL NEVER FORGET IT, NOR HAVE I.
Chrsitians go in one direction with Mary,
you catholics go off in some strange tangent.
Are you certain you Look Jesus in the eye? The last person to actually view Jesus (God) was Moses. St. Peter stated someplace (no I don't know where) if you see God, you're dead.
The Blessed Virgin Mary is the Queen of heaven. Of course we catholics go off in a tangent as you described.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420970 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I think He'll ask you why you find it necessary to lie about the faith of other Christians.
are you talking about christians or catholics?

and what did I lie about?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#420971 Feb 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
In your opinion, what does it mean?
First of all, I recognize I'm setting myself up for a scripture bludgeoning from you.
BUT, you asked what my opinion is on the word 'knew' in Genesis.
To me, it doesn't have to mean automatic sexual relations. In fact, it doesn't have to mean sexual relations at all.
It COULD be implied as such and I wouldn't blame anyone if they thought that.

With Mary, it wasn't taught that she bore any child, but Jesus.... Regardless of how the Evangelicals have decided about words in scripture.
It was never taught Chuck.
Catholic Girl

United States

#420972 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I have seen the Light already, back in 1982, and i am speaking literaly, not figuritive
I thought previous post stated 1965. doesn't matter yr., at this stage of game, my dates get screwy also. Take care my friend.

Location hidden

#420973 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"And the Lord said to me: Arise and go to Damascus; and there it shall be told you of all things that you must do."
Ananias told him to rise and be baptized in order to wash away his sins.
Case closed. Amen.
Yes, you just make it up as you go long.
nope, there is a rebuttal in every case. those are the words that jesus spoke to paul.

NOT THE WORDS THAT JESUS SPOKE TO ANANIAS.

OVERRULED. INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE.

now the words spoken to ananias from Jesus.

9:10 - Now in Damascus there was a disciple by the name of Ananias. The Lord spoke to this man in a dream. calling him by his name. "I am here, Lord," he replied.

9:11-12 - Then the Lord said to him, "Get up and go down to the street called Straight, and enquire at the house of Judas for a man named Saul from Tarsus. At this moment he is praying and he sees in his mind's eye a man by the name of Ananias coming into the house, and placing his hands upon him to restore his sight."

9:13-14 - But Ananias replied, "Lord, I have heard on all hands about this man and how much harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem! Why even now he holds powers from the chief priests to arrest all who call upon your name."

9:15-16 - But the Lord said to him, "Go on your way, for this man is my chosen instrument to bear my name before the Gentiles and their kings, as well as to the sons of Israel. Indeed, I myself will show him what he must suffer for the sake of my name."

Judgement in favor of the defendant, atemcowboy

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420974 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>hey stupid, anthony is saying that jesus told ananias to baptise jesus, i challenged him to show me.
NAH!! even dumber.
And he gave your ignorant self the same Biblical answer I would have given you.
Fun Facts

Midland, MI

#420975 Feb 8, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The truth is that Mary was a woman,and God chooses that which is lowly,common,not spactucular in MEN'S eyes.God did not choose a queen or a princess to bear His Holy Son.
No I do not have any more respect for a woman who was not the mother of Christ.
I respect Mary,spiritually I have a love for her,as she is no longer with humanity on earth,so she is in a place where God alone now has total protection of her whole being.No I do not believe in the Apparitions,because every one of them calls for the people to build edifices in her tribute,and to form an image or statue to her person,which is against the 10 commandments of God.Mary gave birth to my Lord,and I must respect and adhere to the Biblical account of her being.I cannot say that the thought of her causes me to have great spiritual experiences,but that she was holy,set apart for HIM who chose her to bear in her body the Holy One of Israel.
I respect all women,and am known by the people who know me that I regard women with respect,and never with a sexual distortion.Most women who know me like me,and because I know how to respect them,no matter what they believe.
Mary would want that from me if she was able to speak to me personally and let me know her heart.It is more important that men prove by their actions that God holds women dear to His heart as He made EVE from the rib of Adam,and the woman is beside the man ever a partner,a help meet.
We Christian men have to prove more than anyone that the woman is cherished and loved,not in a sexual distorted manner,but as highly valued,needed,and to be partner with.Mary is the epitome of the Virtuous and loving woman men long for.But you know that Satan will do anything in his power to distort the role of women,Mary of course never yielded to Satan's desire to cheapen her role as the Mother of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Jesus is Fully Human and Fully Divine...
Jesus was a Jew...
http://bible.cc/matthew/15-4.htm
http://bible.cc/1_timothy/2-5.htm
http://bible.cc/luke/1-43.htm
Questions?
http://www.catholic.com/radio/about
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420976 Feb 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I recognize I'm setting myself up for a scripture bludgeoning from you.
BUT, you asked what my opinion is on the word 'knew' in Genesis.
To me, it doesn't have to mean automatic sexual relations. In fact, it doesn't have to mean sexual relations at all.
It COULD be implied as such and I wouldn't blame anyone if they thought that.
With Mary, it wasn't taught that she bore any child, but Jesus.... Regardless of how the Evangelicals have decided about words in scripture.
It was never taught Chuck.
That's fine Clay. All I ask was for your opinion. At least you had the stones to answer unlike Tony.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#420977 Feb 8, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO says....
..Michael--you wouldn't know the truth if it came "directly from
God Himself"! For someone who claims to have the truth.
Michael says......I think I would.
I never claimed to have the truth, I am searching for the truth. You should too.
sorry!
I/We as Catholics have "already found the GENUINE, AUTHENTICATED TRUTH" in Jesus Christ (historically and biblical PROVEN) One (and only) True Apostolic Catholic. On the other hand-----"You have chose to (REJECT) that (same) Truth".

Location hidden

#420978 Feb 8, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you certain you Look Jesus in the eye? The last person to actually view Jesus (God) was Moses. St. Peter stated someplace (no I don't know where) if you see God, you're dead.
The Blessed Virgin Mary is the Queen of heaven. Of course we catholics go off in a tangent as you described.
CC, I am very certain that I looked at jesus in 1965, no doubt at all in my mind and in 1984, when i first stepped into a pulpit the Lord reminded me of seeing Jesus.

and that is one of the main qualifications of being an Apostle, you have to have seen the resurrected Christ and you must also have been chosen, and in 1955, that also happened.

Location hidden

#420979 Feb 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
In your opinion, what does it mean?
ther is none so blind as one who refuses to see. that fits clay.

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420980 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>hey stupid, anthony is saying that jesus told ananias to baptise jesus, i challenged him to show me.
NAH!! even dumber.
Acts 22:10

And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.

10And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told you all things which are appointed for you to do.

11And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus.

12And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews who dwelt there,

13Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive your sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him.

14And he said, The God of our fathers has chosen you, that you should know his will, and see that Just One, and should hear the voice of his mouth.

15For you shall be his witness unto all men of what you have seen and heard.

16And now why do you tarry? arise, and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

17And it came to pass, that, when I was come again to Jerusalem, even while I prayed in the temple, I was in a trance;

18And saw him saying unto me, Make haste, and get quickly out of Jerusalem: for they will not receive your testimony concerning me.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420981 Feb 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
are you talking about christians or catholics?
and what did I lie about?
Catholics aren't Christians right Chuck? Lie and/or ignorance #1.

Lie #2 "He may ask you why did you believe you could receive My gift of salvation through the faith of your parents?"

We believe we are saved by God's grace, not through our parents faith.

Lie #3 "He may ask why did you go to a sinner for fogiveness of your sins? I accomplished everything at the cross so you can come right to the throne of grace."

The priest dosn't forgive our sins.

Lie #4 "He may ask why do you glorify Mary over Me? I was the one who suffered and died on the cross for you."

We don't glorify Mary. We don't glorify any creature. We glorify only God.

Lie #5 "He may ask why did you really believe that the Son of God, The Messiah comes in the form of a cracker?"

The Eucharist isn't a cracker.

Chuck, you may think you're being cute, and I don't know what kind of organization you've joined, but they're feeding you lies and I hope you're not putting your eternal soul at stake.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#420982 Feb 8, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
First you say "THANKS MICHAEL".......and just like ANTHONY you start building up hatred steam inside, and by your last sentence you are dumping on me again.
that is not very nice....
You've been "dumping" your anti-catholic hostility, vengeance and hatred on us Catholics and on Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic
Church----(ever since) you came on this forum!! You are right---
"that is not very nice.....

Location hidden

#420983 Feb 8, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought previous post stated 1965. doesn't matter yr., at this stage of game, my dates get screwy also. Take care my friend.
yeah, you are mixed up but a person that tells the truthdoesnt get mixed up. you can go back 5 years and read my posts and they will read the same.

so let me refresh your memory, back in 65, I saw Jesus, in 1982, Aug. in fact, I was saved.

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420984 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>nope, there is a rebuttal in every case. those are the words that jesus spoke to paul.
NOT THE WORDS THAT JESUS SPOKE TO ANANIAS.
OVERRULED. INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE.
now the words spoken to ananias from Jesus.
9:10 - Now in Damascus there was a disciple by the name of Ananias. The Lord spoke to this man in a dream. calling him by his name. "I am here, Lord," he replied.
9:11-12 - Then the Lord said to him, "Get up and go down to the street called Straight, and enquire at the house of Judas for a man named Saul from Tarsus. At this moment he is praying and he sees in his mind's eye a man by the name of Ananias coming into the house, and placing his hands upon him to restore his sight."
9:13-14 - But Ananias replied, "Lord, I have heard on all hands about this man and how much harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem! Why even now he holds powers from the chief priests to arrest all who call upon your name."
9:15-16 - But the Lord said to him, "Go on your way, for this man is my chosen instrument to bear my name before the Gentiles and their kings, as well as to the sons of Israel. Indeed, I myself will show him what he must suffer for the sake of my name."
Judgement in favor of the defendant, atemcowboy
Acts 10

14And he said, The God of our fathers has chosen you, that you should know his will, and see that Just One, and should hear the voice of his mouth.

16And now why do you tarry? arise, and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Location hidden

#420985 Feb 8, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 22:10
And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.
10And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told you all things which are appointed for you to do.
11And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus.
12And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews who dwelt there,
13Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive your sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him.
17And it came to pass, that, when I was come again to Jerusalem, even while I prayed in the temple, I was in a trance;
18And saw him saying unto me, Make haste, and get quickly out of Jerusalem: for they will not receive your testimony concerning me.
I posted those words a few minutes before you and there is nothing in the words of Jesus telling ananias to baptise Paul so if you would tell me that they are there, i could assume that you are as dumb as anthony.

anthony is saying that jesus told ananias to baptise jesus,

AND THESE ARE THE WORDS OF ANANIAS, NOT JESUS .PRETTY PLAIN TO ME.LOL
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420986 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics aren't Christians right Chuck? Lie and/or ignorance #1.
Lie #2 "He may ask you why did you believe you could receive My gift of salvation through the faith of your parents?"
We believe we are saved by God's grace, not through our parents faith.
Lie #3 "He may ask why did you go to a sinner for fogiveness of your sins? I accomplished everything at the cross so you can come right to the throne of grace."
The priest dosn't forgive our sins.
Lie #4 "He may ask why do you glorify Mary over Me? I was the one who suffered and died on the cross for you."
We don't glorify Mary. We don't glorify any creature. We glorify only God.
Lie #5 "He may ask why did you really believe that the Son of God, The Messiah comes in the form of a cracker?"
The Eucharist isn't a cracker.
Chuck, you may think you're being cute, and I don't know what kind of organization you've joined, but they're feeding you lies and I hope you're not putting your eternal soul at stake.
Lie #2 "He may ask you why did you believe you could receive My gift of salvation through the faith of your parents?

*Did you start your salvation when you were 3 months old at baptism?

*To get true forgiveness, do you have to go to a priest?(if you say no, you better talk to other catholics)

*Sure you do

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 18 min RiccardoFire 2,804
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 45 min Pokay 119,280
man for anal play and jerking for woman on skyp... 1 hr oldhorny 1
filters on the new "USAJOBS.gov" site is REAL C... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr Holy Child Jehowa... 46,219
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Tony 6,277
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr Classic 4,115
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 hr nanoanomaly 982,144
More from around the web