Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667994 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420926 Feb 8, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
Don't you people put your mother on a pedistal?
you should.
Why not place Jesus' mother on a pedistal.
My mom was a very Godly person, much more that Mary, i know.

God has told me how He thought of my Mom, He has never told me how highly regarded mary was.

My mom NEVER took me to church and the started home and found out a day later that she had left me behind.

Mar was just a woman with human faults the same as the rest of us.and in this instance, i can easily recogniza that mary was interested in gossiping and interacting with friends and relatives, so much that she forgot about this precious Jewel that God had placed in her care.

and you want we Christians to put her on a pedestal, NO THANKS!!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#420927 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I think that the words of Oxbow fit you perfectly.
Your mindless prattle changes nothing in these words:
half of the time if not more, your words make absolutely no sense to anyone. you rattle on and on like a drone that has no destination and simply just runs out of fuel and crashes.
preston

We all have our crosses to bear....

Mine must be twice as heavy, since only half the time I make no sense....It's quite a struggle....
Pad

Fishers, IN

#420928 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, now I agree with you. the link that she was using showed Joseph to be around 90 years old not 70 as I used in my post(after I looked at her findings), and I thought about this after I went to bed, if Joseph was over 90 years old(and I know that you have seen pictures of Mary being Pregnant riding a burro), he would have had a burro to ride too or else have one hitched up to a wagon(and that was expensive and Probably one thathe couldnt afford).
now getting back to the relationship between Mary and the Apostles.
Paul spoke of meeting james, the Lords brother, and the bible speaks of Paul being a student of Gamiliel, who spoke to the sanhedrin and advised them to leave the disciples alone because their Preaching might be of God and if so, the jews would find themselves fighting against God.
this tells me that the Jews knew the apostles intimately, therefore paul would have known them also, and Paul never spoke of Mary, and giving us instructions as to how we are to venerate this woman. Paul was silent on this Issue and Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles, telling us as to how we are to worship the Lord and follow His Word.
Thank you for sharing that,it confirms my personal observation on these things. ALSO,the JEWS were not too keen on exalting the role of women anyway.The holy uniqueness of Mary in regards to Jesus was the Virgin Birth. Enough cannot be said to the fact that Mary as a Virgin bore the Holy One of Israel,in that she is totally blessed.A woman in Scripture observed that the breasts that fed the Lord Jesus were blessed.Jesus may have come back with a command to do the will of the Father,but the woman did in fact confirm Scripture in calling Mary Blessed as to have given life to Jesus.

We weigh all situations,but like you said,the" stupidity"in the speculatory legends of Joseph and even Mary cannot supercede the Biblical account.We are bound to first look at the WORD,legend and tradition have to take second place to the W O R D.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420929 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>robert, at no time have you ever corrected anything that I have spoken, for one simple reason, I say what the bible says, while you go off in some stupid tangent that ONLY YOU know where it is going, and that is ONLY in your mind.
and unlike you, If I wish soemthing to eat, I go to my frig or my freezer, while you have to go to a restaurant and then try and get them to understand what you want to eat, which is what happens when a unstable person such as yourself leaves one church and floats to another, until no waitress is able to serve you.
Anthony just thinks that you can correct me(you cant, of course)since he is unable to, your vague and incoherent thoughts are never well thought out and make absolutely no sense to even a little child in kindergarten, let alone an adult versed in "what thus saith the lord".
I don't see many other bible alone protestant preachers saying Mary was implanted with an embryo, or that Ananias had no idea what he was doing, and they say they only say what the bible says. I thnk you just make things up as you go along...

Location hidden

#420930 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
ein wenig Geschmack Ihrer eigenen Medizin.
what kind of medicne will you swallow after believing the lies taught you by the catholic church?

it might have been sweet going down, but when it settles, it will destroy you
Pad

Fishers, IN

#420931 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's shallow and is written purely for the purpose of taking pot shots at Catholic practice.
I'm interested in hearing your reaction to Fr. Dye's post where he answers your request for the things protestant communities lack.
I have to look for it,thank you,I wondered if he answered.I give him much credit for being respectful enough to take the time to answer.I will take all of that to heart knowing that he a priest with the limited time he has did answer.Thanks again!

Infant baptism should never be the norm of baptism Anthony,it was meant for the believers who repented of their sins and embraced Christ.

Location hidden

#420932 Feb 8, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
We all have our crosses to bear....
Mine must be twice as heavy, since only half the time I make no sense....It's quite a struggle....
any time that a person follows false doctrine, the load that they bare will drag them down. good luck in thowing off that pack(of lie)
MICHAEL

Canada

#420933 Feb 8, 2013
John Brown wrote:
<quoted text>so true but we have not been very great care takers of the earth.
We will pollute our world to extinction, or get taken out by a meteorite long before Jesus arrives back. That will foil his plans. Christians claim he should be arriving anytime now.

He will show up and say to himself, where is everybody? cough! cough! GASP!
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420934 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>My mom was a very Godly person, much more that Mary, i know.
God has told me how He thought of my Mom, He has never told me how highly regarded mary was.
My mom NEVER took me to church and the started home and found out a day later that she had left me behind.
Mar was just a woman with human faults the same as the rest of us.and in this instance, i can easily recogniza that mary was interested in gossiping and interacting with friends and relatives, so much that she forgot about this precious Jewel that God had placed in her care.
and you want we Christians to put her on a pedestal, NO THANKS!!!
All I can say is thank the Lord the protestants have you.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420935 Feb 8, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for sharing that,it confirms my personal observation on these things. ALSO,the JEWS were not too keen on exalting the role of women anyway.The holy uniqueness of Mary in regards to Jesus was the Virgin Birth. Enough cannot be said to the fact that Mary as a Virgin bore the Holy One of Israel,in that she is totally blessed.A woman in Scripture observed that the breasts that fed the Lord Jesus were blessed.Jesus may have come back with a command to do the will of the Father,but the woman did in fact confirm Scripture in calling Mary Blessed as to have given life to Jesus.
We weigh all situations,but like you said,the" stupidity"in the speculatory legends of Joseph and even Mary cannot supercede the Biblical account.We are bound to first look at the WORD,legend and tradition have to take second place to the W O R D.
Then again, preston's mom was a much more godly woman than Mary, and Mary was a gossiper and didn't care about her child. Maybe we should send the Congregation for the Causes of Saints to Ohio.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#420936 Feb 8, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
The Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist.
Aposolic Succession.
Authoritative Teaching, rooted in Apostolic Succession.
A Church that is One, in all the p,aces where the Gospel of Jesus Christ is proclaimed.
A Church that is catholic, a notion many Protestants reject, and a word hey have even dared to remove from the Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed.
The Communion of the Saints.
The Graces offered to us by the Holy Spirit in the Sacraments.
The intercession of the Blessed Mother, forever pointing us to her Divine Son.
I could go on, but you probably already have 4 or 5 things from the list which you reject, and it'd only raise your blood pressure.
Protestantism has graces in it, an a Purpose, one given to it because of misbehavior on the pepart of Catholic leadership before the Reformation.
But we ought never to forget that Protestantism is ALSO a Tower of Babel, a structure erected (in intent) APART from the One God originally intended.
I often wonder how much better the faith of Christianity would be, had they been True Reformers (as St. Francis of Assisi was), rather than the Rebels they turned out to be. That is not a criticism of the ones who inherited from them, b the way, as I am convinced there are saints among their heirs.
LOTS of them.
But that does not make their antescedants any less rebels rather than true reformers.
Rob
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question,I asked for three,and you acknowledged that.I knew that the Real Presence would be first on the list,as that of course is very sacred and holy to you,and you believe that protestants no doubt are missing out on its magnitude and benefits to the soul.

I believe that whenever anyone just believes something is a symbol they can easily miss out on the spiritual benefits of what they legalistically adhere to as doctrine. Many prots especially reformer who are not liberal but conservative are legalistic in their views toward Communion and so on. That could be said of vast numbers of Baptists and evangelicals as well.

I have seen legalism in the realm of the practise of baptism and Communion,as a matter of fact it is painfully present throughout Christianity.

Although I cannot personally embrace transubstantiation,I can only fathom in my spirit the spiritual presence of Christ in the many things we practice and do in faith,communion included.Just as baptism is the holy rite for our being buried in Christ,as we go down into the water,communion is the spiritual presence of HIM who died on the Cross for our sins.It is spiritual essence of Christ in those sacred rites of baptism and communion,that is what nourishes our souls.

Father Robert,it is the sentiment of many Christians who enter the arena of doctinal warfare to automatically embrace a legalistic view of what they support of their own conscience.If they spend time really looking at what they believe and why,they have to either reject the spiritual significance of what they believe or totally accept it. In believing that communion is a spiritual presence of Christ to my soul,I can more relate in a way to the transubstantiation of your faith,than the legalistic view of many for argument sake refute the REAL Presence. I have to go but will continue on your post.Bare with me.And thank you for your time.

Location hidden

#420937 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see many other bible alone protestant preachers saying Mary was implanted with an embryo, or that Ananias had no idea what he was doing, and they say they only say what the bible says. I thnk you just make things up as you go along...
OH, I dont think that ananias knew what he was doing, but I do beleive that he added to what Jesus told him to do as the Bible clearly indicates. and we have killed this cow many times. Jesus NEVER told him to tell Paul to be baptised and was away his sins. when jesus told paul to get up and go, Paul was no longer the same man who ahd those letters in his pocket to have people put to death. he became a new creature in Christ jesus.
If YOU CAN PROVIDE PROOF THAT JESUS TOLD HIM TO BAPTISE PAUL FOR THE REMISSSION OF SINS, I WOULD LIKE TO READ IT.TAKE YOUR TIME, IT MIGHT BE IN SMALL PRINT AT The BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
and i dont see very many Protestant Preachers that have the MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE THAT I POSSESS, so I am not discouraged by that, and neither should you. I mean after all, it is only common sense that you lack.

if God fertilized her egg, then jesus was half man/half god, and I know that isnt true.

so let me help you out in this instance.

it is possible to breed a tiger and a lion producing a liger, a hybrid between the lion and the tiger. see the concept. and let me give you another example.a person can breed a donkey with a zebra producing a Zebroid.

But it is impossilbe for a human being such as mary to be bred by a spirit such as God.therefore it remains as to how mary then was found to be pregnant unless God placed a fully formed embryo(jesus) in her womb.

If that is difficult for you to understand, then no problem, I find it very difficult to understand how Jesus is sitting on a throne in heaven and some priest can force Him into leaving that throne and coming back as a piece of grain/

I undetstand genetics, but I dont understand witchcraft
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#420938 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's shallow and is written purely for the purpose of taking pot shots at Catholic practice.
I'm interested in hearing your reaction to Fr. Dye's post where he answers your request for the things protestant communities lack.
Catholic practice... Can you find examples of "Catholic practice" of baptism and conversion in the New Testament? We're warned in the New Testament of false teachers. Who would be a false teacher?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420939 Feb 8, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I have to look for it,thank you,I wondered if he answered.I give him much credit for being respectful enough to take the time to answer.I will take all of that to heart knowing that he a priest with the limited time he has did answer.Thanks again!
Infant baptism should never be the norm of baptism Anthony,it was meant for the believers who repented of their sins and embraced Christ.
If you believe baptism is nothing more than a symbol and following an ordinance, you'd be right. In that's case, what difference does it make if one is sprinkled, infused or dunked in water? Wouldn't it become just another ritual?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420940 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>OH, I dont think that ananias knew what he was doing, but I do beleive that he added to what Jesus told him to do as the Bible clearly indicates. and we have killed this cow many times. Jesus NEVER told him to tell Paul to be baptised and was away his sins. when jesus told paul to get up and go, Paul was no longer the same man who ahd those letters in his pocket to have people put to death. he became a new creature in Christ jesus.
If YOU CAN PROVIDE PROOF THAT JESUS TOLD HIM TO BAPTISE PAUL FOR THE REMISSSION OF SINS, I WOULD LIKE TO READ IT.TAKE YOUR TIME, IT MIGHT BE IN SMALL PRINT AT The BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
and i dont see very many Protestant Preachers that have the MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE THAT I POSSESS, so I am not discouraged by that, and neither should you. I mean after all, it is only common sense that you lack.
if God fertilized her egg, then jesus was half man/half god, and I know that isnt true.
so let me help you out in this instance.
it is possible to breed a tiger and a lion producing a liger, a hybrid between the lion and the tiger. see the concept. and let me give you another example.a person can breed a donkey with a zebra producing a Zebroid.
But it is impossilbe for a human being such as mary to be bred by a spirit such as God.therefore it remains as to how mary then was found to be pregnant unless God placed a fully formed embryo(jesus) in her womb.
If that is difficult for you to understand, then no problem, I find it very difficult to understand how Jesus is sitting on a throne in heaven and some priest can force Him into leaving that throne and coming back as a piece of grain/
I undetstand genetics, but I dont understand witchcraft
As I said, you just make it up as you go along. There should be another classification of heretics called "Prestonians".
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#420941 Feb 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
Campbellites
Thomas and Alexander Campbell were the most prominent leaders of the Disciples of Christ movement of the early 19th century. The group was committed to restoring primitive Christianity. It merged with the Christians (Stone Movement) in 1832 to form what is now described as the American Restoration Movement (also known as the Stone-Campbell Restoration Movement). Other prominent individuals in the Restoration Movement included Barton W. Stone, Walter Scott and "Raccoon" John Smith.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campbellite
The Church has existed since Pentecost. Alexander Campbell didn't revive it as most denominations would like to believe. A big difference in Campbell and denominational leaders is that Campbell did not put his name on the church for which Christ died.
FYI - http://churches-of-christ.ws/bk.htm
Pad

Fishers, IN

#420942 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Then again, preston's mom was a much more godly woman than Mary, and Mary was a gossiper and didn't care about her child. Maybe we should send the Congregation for the Causes of Saints to Ohio.
The truth is that Mary was a woman,and God chooses that which is lowly,common,not spactucular in MEN'S eyes.God did not choose a queen or a princess to bear His Holy Son.

No I do not have any more respect for a woman who was not the mother of Christ.

I respect Mary,spiritually I have a love for her,as she is no longer with humanity on earth,so she is in a place where God alone now has total protection of her whole being.No I do not believe in the Apparitions,because every one of them calls for the people to build edifices in her tribute,and to form an image or statue to her person,which is against the 10 commandments of God.Mary gave birth to my Lord,and I must respect and adhere to the Biblical account of her being.I cannot say that the thought of her causes me to have great spiritual experiences,but that she was holy,set apart for HIM who chose her to bear in her body the Holy One of Israel.

I respect all women,and am known by the people who know me that I regard women with respect,and never with a sexual distortion.Most women who know me like me,and because I know how to respect them,no matter what they believe.

Mary would want that from me if she was able to speak to me personally and let me know her heart.It is more important that men prove by their actions that God holds women dear to His heart as He made EVE from the rib of Adam,and the woman is beside the man ever a partner,a help meet.

We Christian men have to prove more than anyone that the woman is cherished and loved,not in a sexual distorted manner,but as highly valued,needed,and to be partner with.Mary is the epitome of the Virtuous and loving woman men long for.But you know that Satan will do anything in his power to distort the role of women,Mary of course never yielded to Satan's desire to cheapen her role as the Mother of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420943 Feb 8, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic practice... Can you find examples of "Catholic practice" of baptism and conversion in the New Testament? We're warned in the New Testament of false teachers. Who would be a false teacher?
The NT was written to and for adult converts. The following generation of Christians were taught by the apostles to baptize infants because they knew it was more that just gettin' wet.

Location hidden

#420944 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
well, as I said. my mom never left me. and Mary left jesus.

that is placed in the bible just to show people in the future that Mary was a woman. a woman that could make mistakes, a WOMAN, NOT A GODDESS PLACED IN HEAVEN.

God just doesnt give us info to help us forget who she was, but to remind us that she also could make mistakes, ONLY GOD IS PERFECT.

sorry that you cant see something as easily as that to recognize about mary.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#420945 Feb 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Lack???
ALL we 'lack' is lifeless, useless statuary, fables, man-named 'saints', the imaginary 'purgatory', scapulars, prayer beads, useless 'medals', false teachings, mind-control tactics, false prayers, and elected leaders.
Anything else?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Everyone is a fool 6 min Truthiness 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Neville Thompson 286,104
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min St Elmos Fire 92,795
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 55 min Neville Thompson 1,106
REAL Smooth New Age Chamber Jazz 57 min Doctor REALITY 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr truth 183,654
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Richardfs 979,488
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 619,238
More from around the web