Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637925 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Schreiber, Canada

#420858 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>some of the best preachers in this area are men who work for a living.
Bob M. work for the township and could hardly read, but boy that man could Preach. my Pastor worked for the B&O RR and no man could preach as good as he could. My Mentor worked in a lab and was the second best Preacher that I have ever heard.My first Pastor was an electrician, and few could preach as good as he could Preach.
and I feel certain that all of the Christians can testify of Preachers that they know, that are Godly men that had occupations and still are great Preachers.
cont
, when God anoints someone to preach you know they are going to preach.
Pastor Sere, has been attacked many times, the devil doen't want him in the pulpit.
MICHAEL

Canada

#420859 Feb 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael--you wouldn't know the truth if it came "directly from
God Himself"! For someone who claims to have the truth, your defiance and rebelliousness toward the Catholic Church only confirms that your only sources of "so-called truth" are from rebel anti-catholics like yourself, who will exaggerate and say or do "anything" in order to spread their anti-catholic "snake oil venom"! You are "fooling no-one but yourself with your "National Inquirer" "junk news"!!
* The Catholic Church "continues to grow" each and every year, 1.5% in 2012 while "every Protestant Church continues to decline
* Thousands upon thousands of Protestants are leaving their "relative truth" Christianity and coming to the TRUTH of the RCC
* The seminaries are at the highest level in over 40 years. Overflowing in both major and minor seminaries in Mpls-St.Paul and in many other dioceses around the U.S.
* Vocations to the convent of (young) Nuns have increased to the
highest level since 1980.
Furthermore---vocations of both priests and nuns are overwhelmingly
orthodox, dedicated to the teachings of the Church and the bible
HOJO says.....

...vocations to the convent of (young) Nuns have increased to the

MICHAEL says.......Well! then isn't that good news? Were you hoping I would say it was bad news so you could keep on attacking me and everyone else non catholic?

A good news story! New fresh recruits. A boost that the church desperately needs.

Now you will be mad at me because I agree with you.

I just can't win.(lol)

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420860 Feb 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
knew
gin&#333;sk&#333;
to learn to know, come to know, get a knowledge of perceive, feel
to become known
to know, understand, perceive, have knowledge of
to understand
to know
<<<<<Jewish idiom for sexual intercourse between a man and a woman>>>>>
to become acquainted with, to know
Spent about 3 hours yesterday Hank trying to convince Anthony of this but I failed.
Catholic Girl

United States

#420861 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>where did you find this gem of info that Joseph had been married for over 50 years when he married Mary?
common sense tells me this, either you are lying or your info is a lie.
this would have made jospeh over 70 years old, and no doubt to feeble to walk all of the distance down to egypt.
dont people like you have any common sense or did the nums beat that out of you idiots.BTW, I HATE STUPIDITY
Why don't you do some research yourself. Catholic encyclopedia on line is a good beginning. Yes Joseph was up in age, during this time in our history it wasn't unusual for people to live 100+ yrs. It may have something to do with the calendar at that time.
I do no lie for this is a sin.
there is not much written in scripture of Joseph. the last was when Jesus escaped from Mary and Joseph, they searched for him for 3 days and found him in temple preaching to the high priests there. Why they didn't look for him there first, I don't know. Anyway this is the last of him in scriptures. It's believed he past away after that but what better way to go than to be close to Mary and Jesus.
Joseph was a Just, God fearing and loving man. When the angle came to tell him about king Herod and his scheme to kill 2yr old and younger boys through out town, the angle told Joseph to get out of town. Joseph did just that, he went to Northern Africa, when the king was gone and no more killing of the children, an angel appeared to Joseph again to tell him he could go back home. This is when he packed up his family again and went to Nazerath (my sp,is bad, i know).

Hate is a horrible thing. You can hate brocolli, spinach, etc. but one should not hate another one of God's children. If you hate stupidity, perhaps you shouldn't look in the mirror.
Trust in God.
Catholic Girl

United States

#420862 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
this is our granddaughter, who is now 3 years old. Dixie had to be fed by a tube in her stomach for over ayear. she is so funny and such a blessing for us. and the good news is tonight she is staying with us
picture is a little dark but from what I can tell, she is beautiful. You are a lucky man...
Catholic Girl

United States

#420863 Feb 8, 2013
before you beat me up, Angel not angle. sorry folks.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#420864 Feb 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>It is the only Church traced to Jesus Christ.JETHRO:show me undeniable documentation this is true? a
Show is "undeniable documentation" that it is NOT Jesus Christs TRUE Church! You can't! We know it and you know it! Therefore, discussion debate and argument is over! So--- we, as Catholics, on this forum, along with the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world, will continue to follow the overwhelming majority of "documented, historical, biblical and recorded TRUTH from the Early Church Fathers, Lives of the Saints, and the Historian Apologist authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant) that confirm it IS IN FACT Jesus Christs One (and only TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church!--You my friend--can do and believe what you want! Your loss---is our gain--in the TRUE Gospel and historical teachings of Jesus Christ.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#420865 Feb 8, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO says.....
...vocations to the convent of (young) Nuns have increased to the
MICHAEL says.......Well! then isn't that good news? Were you hoping I would say it was bad news so you could keep on attacking me and everyone else non catholic?
A good news story! New fresh recruits. A boost that the church desperately needs.
Now you will be mad at me because I agree with you.
I just can't win.(lol)
Thanks Michael!! The TRUE STATS that I gave you is there to debunk, refute and ignore all the anti-catholic exaggerate and distorted "trash" that you keep spreading and attacking us Catholics with, on this forum!
yes

Medford, NJ

#420866 Feb 8, 2013
nnnmda
MICHAEL

Canada

#420867 Feb 8, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>It is the only Church traced to Jesus Christ.JETHRO:show me undeniable documentation this is true? if it were not for the roman empire christianity would not be what it is today,to become the worlds largest church,they used tatics more suited to satan not god/jesus,they assembled a book and called it a bible,books that were stolen not given to them, but taken by an invasion of the holy land,the bible/scriptures do not belong to the church,they belong in the holy land and on display for the world to see,since they are meant for the whole world to see,know and live by.jesus never mentions a denomination for his church,as far as the c.c. tracing back to jesus,where's your proof,the c.c. was a creation of mans,peter,paul nore john were not involved in the process of building this religious empire neither were the others,and as far as peter being the first pope,there is no proof of that,it's a statement made by the church,pope linus was the first,and the most danming of all "the papal chair was bought and paid for",how holy is that?if ignatius was a student/deciple of john's (i think),shouldn't he have been the first pope? an not linus? what it boils down to the c.c. was built upon stolen property, and their now pope is a criminal himself.and to get people to follow the church they were threatened,with torture,crucifixion,or just out right killed,common sense tells me if jesus/god were men of peace,love,their church would not have to resort to mafia style tatics,people would flock to the church willingly,now there running from it. there is nothing written that clearly defines the catholic church as the true church,if it were i think it would be written within the scriptures,and we will never know the truth because we have no idea what books constantine ordered burned,what right did they have to do that?did jesus sit with this group of men assembled by constantine and go through the books and tell them what to use and what to destroy? the books must of contained something that would discredit the churches claim.also where is it documented that it was ok for them to change the commandments and the sabbath? quote from you "America will not be here someday. But the CC will, because Christ said so." what book states this as fact? would like to read it,see what he says exactly.
Jethro,

...... you and I and many others on this forum were born by CHANCE into this belief, however we used our own conscience to get out.

.... There was no bolt of lightening, no big foot coming out of the clouds squashing me, life is good! Those still in the church SHUN anyone who leaves just like AMISH people do.

Catholics have to remember, when they donate money, some of it is funding evil. Its better to throw that money away. Collection plate money subsidizes court costs to defend the sinners in the clergy. From Boston to LA, and right around the world, catholics such as STAR C, ANTHONY, REGINAM. HOJO, CLAY, CATHOLIC MOM....are not only paying the meal tickets for the clergy, they are paying for the felony crimes that the evil ones have committed.

We know right from wrong, we treat everyone as equals, and we don't fund any evil.

What God wouldn't like us?

I will hold tight onto my hard earned money, and donate it to causes that I KNOW only do good.

At least the investors from Wall STreet are honest about its greed and lust.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#420868 Feb 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>"The Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist".
pretty stupid to think that and/or teach that false beleif. jesus is in heaven sitting on the right hand of God, not in ssome piece of grain.lol
"Aposolic Succession"
no such animal. there is no succession of any person being a Apostle. that office is reseerved only for those of us who have seen the resurrected Christ, pope benny hasnt, nor have any of your leaders of this false religion, Jesus would never appear to any of you catholics until the time comes when He destroys your false religion.
Authoritative Teaching, rooted in Apostolic Succession.
lol. no Aposlte has ever taught that mary was sinless, this false lies came much later after the death of those who could call your teachers lairs to their face. this false doctrine began to show its face around 1854 or thereabout.Rom 3:23 KJV) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; and this incluedes mary who was part of the human race before your cult elevated her to the office of queen of Heaven,
I could go on and speak about every lie that you have said on here but one day, God himself will speak and then you along with all catholics will find out how they have been deceived and you who deceive them will face a even greater punishment.
Don't forget, you're basing all this on a lie.(scripture alone)
To me, I see Jesus Christ clearly starting a Church with authority given to it from above. THAT is Biblical.
You see Jesus giving a Bible for individual determining on His ministry. THAT IS NOT Biblical.
MICHAEL

Canada

#420869 Feb 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Michael!! The TRUE STATS that I gave you is there to debunk, refute and ignore all the anti-catholic exaggerate and distorted "trash" that you keep spreading and attacking us Catholics with, on this forum!
First you say "THANKS MICHAEL".......and just like ANTHONY you start building up hatred steam inside, and by your last sentence you are dumping on me again.

that is not very nice....

Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#420870 Feb 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Spent about 3 hours yesterday Hank trying to convince Anthony of this but I failed.
You can't convince anyone Chuck. You're not an authority.
Its like Canada trying to convince America, that the word 'Union' in the Constitution means 'Mexico too'.
The Bible wasn't given to everyone for 'figuring out their own Christianity.
Its ridiculous to come along 1800 yrs later and change things, based on a word written 2,000 yrs ago.
MICHAEL

Canada

#420871 Feb 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael--you wouldn't know the truth if it came "directly from
God Himself"! For someone who claims to have the truth, your defiance and rebelliousness toward the Catholic Church only confirms that your only sources of "so-called truth" are from rebel anti-catholics like yourself, who will exaggerate and say or do "anything" in order to spread their anti-catholic "snake oil venom"! You are "fooling no-one but yourself with your "National Inquirer" "junk news"!!
* The Catholic Church "continues to grow" each and every year, 1.5% in 2012 while "every Protestant Church continues to decline
* Thousands upon thousands of Protestants are leaving their "relative truth" Christianity and coming to the TRUTH of the RCC
* The seminaries are at the highest level in over 40 years. Overflowing in both major and minor seminaries in Mpls-St.Paul and in many other dioceses around the U.S.
* Vocations to the convent of (young) Nuns have increased to the
Furthermore---vocations of both priests and nuns are overwhelmingly
orthodox, dedicated to the teachings of the Church and the bible
HOJO says....

..Michael--you wouldn't know the truth if it came "directly from
God Himself"! For someone who claims to have the truth.

Michael says......I think I would.

I never claimed to have the truth, I am searching for the truth. You should too.

sorry!
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#420872 Feb 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Since the Apostle Peter wrote ...
2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that
==> one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
1400 years then is less than a day an a half...in God's timing.
Yet you Roman Constantin-es believe you control God's word and His eternal plan of Salvation..
Your arrogance is beyond explanation.
Your religion is not even dry behind the ears.
"1400 yrs is less than a day an a half..in Gods timing"

Then the Pentecostal religion is only 25 minutes old? lol

So you think Christ let Christianity get all messed up by a Roman Emperor (btw, you've given nothing to support this)?
Jesus quietly waited for some letters from His Apostles to be printed in 1450. Then He waited a few more hundred yrs for some sect to see 'born again' in one of those books. THEN Christianity finally was revealed?
I don't know what to say anymore. I'm dumbfounded you not only get people to believe this fantasy, but you believe it yourself!!

The real kicker is: no where in the Bible does Jesus mention such a scenario. He only mentions a Church that even the Devil himself will not topple.
He says nothing about a set of Books that people will read to determine their own Christianity.
Yet, you've convinced yourself that He did??
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#420873 Feb 8, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying God won't call an ex- truck driver to preach His Holy Word .
Did not Jesus call fisher man Peter, did He not call Saul(Paul) who was killing all the People wh followed The Way (JESUS).
You, Regina, Anthony, HOJO, etc are not priest either so why should we listen to you. Who are you, see where your logic leads no were.
The Holy Spirit uses whom He will and He does need your permission StarC.
You should pray for wisdom, and ask God in the name Of Jesus for a clear revelation of His Holy Word.
Catholics on here aren't preaching the Bible how we see it. At least, not in determining the Ministry of Our Lord. You can trust that we will always be in communion with the Bishop in Rome.

And a Catholic in Africa - whom I've never met - will share the same faith as me, and the same bread and wine. This is how Jesus Christ set up His Church.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#420874 Feb 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should spend 3 hrs with Hank, in order to establish a common faith.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you believe in Sola Fide and Hank does not?
One of you are leading people down the wrong path.
Salvation is pretty important. The eternal destination of our soul is at stake! You might want to make sure you don't send someone down the wrong road.
Catholic Girl

United States

#420875 Feb 8, 2013
I find it interesting that some out there can not face the truth. They would rather place mean icons on responses instead of gathering info. and figuring out for themselves.
Bunch of spoiled brats out there. Whaaa...

Hope everyone has lots of fun today.
MICHAEL

Canada

#420877 Feb 8, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I still think it would be interesting if the Pope came here.
And there is a lot of people Regina who would think nothing about taking a poke at him.
He has allowed a lot of hate to brew up over the years.
Allowing his colleges to abuse children and fellow priest under him. He enabled them to continue hurt innocent children,
(
(but the heck with them, as long as the church continues on we will just shut our mouth and hide the truth from the world, if the victim says anything we will punish him and make it look like it was his fault for enticing the abuser, is that the way you think Regina).
If the pope came on this forum, ReginaM. would lead the catholic brigade in posting 100 times an hour to the pope telling him how good she has been, how often she goes to church, that she knows all the scriptures and canon laws, that she bakes muffins in with her church group and the non catholics are stuck in sola scriptura..........and the pope would say,.....SO!

Where is Michael, I would rather talk to him.(lol)
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420878 Feb 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so....and you know it...because I showed you: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
It do not say: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the first born Son of God.
gehen Sie weg.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 min Moans4986 38,029
Leslie Van Houten's parole hearing August 2009 (Jul '09) 5 min Sparks1570 1,574
when will i be able to dip after wisdom teeth r... (Jan '13) 7 min Squirtyy8957 25
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min Raspberry8445 181,945
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 20 min It aint necessari... 29,808
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min Lick4609 104,200
Looking for Female Yorkie to mate with my male ... (Mar '13) 22 min Boom772 145
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 33 min Moaner1296 617,969
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 34 min Grinder1373 43,902
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr pusherman 968,872
More from around the web