Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 545,056
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#420561 Feb 7, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>your saying since constantines name is not in the bible there is no truth to his involvement? if that is how you think, catholic is meaningless also, since it is not in the bible,nothing--zero--not one iota.when did jesus become a catholic? how old was he? where in the bible/scriptures does he speak about being a pagan/christian? when did he convert from judaism? did he believe in a religious group? you think he believed in judaism just because he was jewish?
No!!I am just repeating what you bible only believers have been saying over and over again. Quote " If every word, phrase or sentence is NOT in the bible then there is no TRUTH to it"! This is BIBLE ONLY PROTESTANTISM!!! So quite bringing up Constantines name as part of your "bogus" anti-catholic condemning religion!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420562 Feb 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Gospels! EVERYTHING that Jesus said, exclaimed, quoted and expressed is "highlighted in red"!... You can say,twist, manipulate and "spin" it anyway you want--like most Protestants do with the Bible, but Jesus (clearly and explicitly) "said it" regarding His One True (Universal-Church--AND---FURTH ERMORE----over 2000 years of PROVEN and VERIFABLE Apostolic Church History (CONFIRMS IT).. As usual, New Age, you "continue" to have "no idea as to what you are talking about, which is (nothing new) to any of us Catholics...... Again--why don't you listen to, follow and believe the words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF (in the Gospels). Catholics always have, for over 2000 years, and always will!!!!!
hojo SAYS.....

....Read the Gospels! EVERYTHING that Jesus said, exclaimed, quoted and expressed is "highlighted in red"!...

Michael says......You might believe he said that, but you can't verify with any certainty that he did.

You can't verify the names associated with the gosples were the actual people who wrote them. Can you? That is just your leap of faith and belief, but doesn't make it true unless you can prove it.

Every belief outside of yours says different things. No one has yet shown to have the smoking gun of what the real truth is, maybe its yours and maybe its not.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420563 Feb 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
for the devil worshipper, teh sda guy.
Mar 9, 2008
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
the Bible says no man hath seen the father but His Son. But I have said several times that on jan 30, 1965, I looked on the face of jesus, and in the time span of being unconscience, there is no telling where I was at. One thing I remember is a bright light(this was a hour or so after I looked on his face) and since I am on the subject of His face, it doesnt even look like the burial cloth that the rcc portrays as His burial cloth. Oops, another lie of the rcc I have exposed!!!
almost 5 years ago. still the same story, and when you are in hell with your buddy satan, ask him if my testimony was real.
You stated you was sitting down next to Christ now you don't know ?.........ROTFLOL
Normand Guay

Winnipeg, Canada

#420564 Feb 7, 2013
truth wrote:
i am still alive
i listen many liars about mother mary as jesus..but..to be virgin is not birth as pleassure..its soul pure soul..
''pure soul''
remember that
---Truth, "its pure JESUS CHRIST", remember that...
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420565 Feb 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Lord Himself comes down from heaven with the voice
of the Archangel it means the Lord comes with the voice of the
greatest messenger.
this verse in thess, is meaning that an archangel is[accompaning] Jesus, along with Gods trumpet. using your reasoning that Jesus is an archangel, we could assume that Jesus is also a trumpet.lol
Matthew 24:31

King James Version (KJV)

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420566 Feb 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Lord Himself comes down from heaven with the voice
of the Archangel it means the Lord comes with the voice of the
greatest messenger.
this verse in thess, is meaning that an archangel is[accompaning] Jesus, along with Gods trumpet. using your reasoning that Jesus is an archangel, we could assume that Jesus is also a trumpet.lol
Below is 3 testamnets to your lie.

7th Day

1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, <<< with

the voice of the archangel >>>, and with the trump of God: and the

dead in Christ shall rise first:

Matthew 24:31

King James Version (KJV)

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and

they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end

of heaven to the other.

John 5:25
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when

the dead shall hear the <<< voice of the Son of God >>>: and they that

hear shall live.

7th

Where 2 or 3 are gathered AMEN !!!!
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#420567 Feb 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope - blocked because it originated from a different country.
I really don't think Michael would post anything to go against the Topix ToS. I think he is more respectable than most posters here.
It shows in his honesty.
But you seemed to jump right to this conclusion, why?
why else would it be blocked. Another country? Which one? What conclusion would you come to?
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#420568 Feb 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think you can get the Pope to join us here?
I'd like to hear his take on this RCC claim.
I know, I doubt it too. He couldn't support it, so why even bother with posting, huh?
Your reply taken out of text again. This as a reply to LTM, so upset by the hatred on this thread.

You No AGE Spritual leader is no leader. You may be a manager since you don't seem to do anything for your self but request others do your dirty work for you.
You ask the Pope, You do the twitter. Stop pushing others to do you dirty work. And stop taking stuff out of context to suite your thinking. This is not right. Your probably one of them that pick and choose things out of bible to suite your thinking.

Simple game, just Trust in God...
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420569 Feb 7, 2013
1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard,

neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath

prepared for them that love him.

1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the

Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of

man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the

Spirit of God.

1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the

spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely

given to us of God.

1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's

wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing

spiritual things with spiritual.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of

God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them,

because they are spiritually discerned.

1Co 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself

is judged of no man.

1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct

him? But we have the mind of Christ.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#420570 Feb 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the word "Constantine" is not in the bible, NOTHING--ZERO--NOT ONE IOTA-- of "anything" that you have said about him and Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, has any truth at all.
You see Confrinting--your (personal opinion) bible only beliefs are just as "confused, contradicting and distorted AS EVER!!
~~~~
You wrote
Since the word "Constantine" is not in the bible,,,

NOTHING--ZERO--NOT ONE IOTA--

___

That should tell you ...that you should not be following Constantin's

fables and conjecture....His dogma, traditions, and lies while

including his pagan calisthenics and rituals in your worship.

Jesus said..

Mat_4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written,

==>Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.<==

Luk_4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Why do you serve other gods...

Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith...

Heb_12:2 --> Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Constantine is the author and finisher of yours.

You Roman Constantinians glory in the shame that Jesus despised and

display a corruptible man (a crucifix) 0f what supposed to be ... Christ

upon a cross every where you can.

==>THE CROSS IS NOT GREATER THAN HIS GRACE..

HIS GRACE ... that you do not share with any one but your own Constantinian cult.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420571 Feb 7, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
QUESTION FOR EVERYONE HERE:if constantine never became emporer, where would christianity be today? exstinct? or what it is today?
Hey Jethro.

Without Constantine christianity would have split into more than the 42,001 christian doctrines we have today and eventually the strong would have muscled out the weak and eventualy flamed out.

There are so many versions of stories of what happened at Nicea, no one has any idea what the real truth is.

http://www.tertullian.org/rpearse/nicaea.html
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420572 Feb 7, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
why else would it be blocked. Another country? Which one? What conclusion would you come to?
It wasn't blocked from my location in Canada. I can click the link right now and see it.

Lets try again.

If it doesn't come through its a picture of a maniquin alien that a group of people stated they were doing an operation claiming it was a real alien.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420573 Feb 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No!!I am just repeating what you bible only believers have been saying over and over again. Quote " If every word, phrase or sentence is NOT in the bible then there is no TRUTH to it"! This is BIBLE ONLY PROTESTANTISM!!! So quite bringing up Constantines name as part of your "bogus" anti-catholic condemning religion!!
You are not promoting catholicism with your rants against others. You are creating divisivness among all people.

Congratulations for dividing our world.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420574 Feb 7, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>that seems to be the way it is,but i don't hate a god that has not yet been proven exists,i do not hate catholics,i do hold the catholic higherarchy responsible for the actions of the church,they knew what atrocities were going on and they kept quiet about it,and that is dead wrong.if i ever met the pope (very doubtful)i would not shake his hand or anything like that,i'd get right up in his face and ask him,"how can you live with yourself knowing all the harm you let slide by? what kind of sick man are you?" be a man step forward and be honest with the people,you owe it to them,and if i got angry enough i'd belt him in the mouth for every victim out there.give them a little justice.
Remember these are the same clergy that stood up in the pulpit at every mass, the clergy who chastized us for our trivial sins, at the same time the worst of mortal sins were being committed by themselves.

Today the church has instituted many new safeguards. Good! But lets not forget, it wasn't the clergy that ever came forward, it was always the brave victims and their families. The only reason the church leaders are now apologizing and new safeguards is because they got caught.

If it wasn't for the internet we would know nothing about church scandals. If it wasn't for the brave victims and their families, there would be no safeguards in church and the behind the scene scandals would have carried on like they always have.

UNBELIEVABLE!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#420575 Feb 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Jethro.
Without Constantine christianity would have split into more than the 42,001 christian doctrines we have today and eventually the strong would have muscled out the weak and eventualy flamed out.
There are so many versions of stories of what happened at Nicea, no one has any idea what the real truth is.
http://www.tertullian.org/rpearse/nicaea.html
~~~

Constantine replaced Christianity with his own version which includes all

the pagan practices of the (SO CALLED ) ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...

THE FACADE IN ROME IS A DUKES MIXTURE OF PAGANISM WITH A TAD OF

CHRISTIANITY...ADDED TO MAKE IT PALPABLE.... TO THOSE.. THAT ARE

WILLINGLY BEING DECEIVED.

I SAY WILLINGLY ..BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS THERE BEFORE THEM IN GOD'S WORD....THE BIBLE.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420576 Feb 7, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Read your Bible Percy Christ or an Angel never appeared to anyone sitting down ever it is alway standing.
afraid that you are wrong AGAIN.

Judges 6:11-12
Then the angel of the LORD came and [sat] under the terebinth in Ophrah that belonged to Joash the Abiezrite. While his son Gideon was beating out wheat in the wine press to save it from the Midianites,[12] the angel of the LORD appeared to him and said, "The LORD is with you.

ANYWAY, IT WAS JESUS NOT AN ANGEL ACCORDING TO WHAT GOD TOLD ME
Clay

Chicago, IL

#420577 Feb 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
You wrote
Since the word "Constantine" is not in the bible,,,
NOTHING--ZERO--NOT ONE IOTA--
___
That should tell you ...that you should not be following Constantin's
fables and conjecture....His dogma, traditions, and lies while
including his pagan calisthenics and rituals in your worship.
Jesus said..
Mat_4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written,
==>Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.<==
Luk_4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Why do you serve other gods...
Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith...
Heb_12:2 --> Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Constantine is the author and finisher of yours.
You Roman Constantinians glory in the shame that Jesus despised and
display a corruptible man (a crucifix) 0f what supposed to be ... Christ
upon a cross every where you can.
==>THE CROSS IS NOT GREATER THAN HIS GRACE..
HIS GRACE ... that you do not share with any one but your own Constantinian cult.
I saw your update on your wife. I'm glad Kay is doing good. I pray she'll be home with you soon.

Confrint, I do not find any evidence that Constantine did anything to influence Sacred teachings. It appears Catholicism was the same before and after 313 AD. If you say the crucifix was because of Him, you'd be wrong. The Crucifix (with the dying Christ depicted) was introduced in the 6th century. Regardless, I'm not sure why such a powerful reminder of Our Lord would offend you?
The cross (without the figure of Christ) was used at least as early as 211 AD.
I don't know why you keep preaching Constantinism. It seems people use it because they think its believable and they want to justify not being Catholic.
The problem is, you would have to believe Jesus Christ let His Church get infiltrated by a Roman Emperor... Who changed Our Lords will for 1500 yrs. I can't subscribe to that scenario. Its not faith. Its conspiracy Christianity!

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#420578 Feb 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>well God did announce it to the World. it is not His fault if you were sleeping when the announcement was made. I knew about it because I read about it in the "Good News" book.call the mormons and they will send you a copy of it.
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"
Numbers 23:19, KJV
So other men know what "God" can or cannot do, so you believe them.

Gotcha.

Location hidden

#420579 Feb 7, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>You stated you was sitting down next to Christ now you don't know ?.........ROTFLOL
THAT WAS ONLY ONE TIME WHEre i WAS GIVING MY TESTIMONY. OF COURSE i DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING.

I WAS UNCONSCIOUS.

see if you are awake after falling around 20 feet and having your neck broken in three places

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#420580 Feb 7, 2013
Robert F wrote:
....Just look at the comparisons first, and then read into the article....

New Age:

Ah yes - personal interpretation at its best.

Heretic alert!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stovepipe Hat 743,653
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Dally Mama 228,559
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 20 min Johnny 606
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 27 min andet1987 4,597
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 43 min Johnny 3,354
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Mandela 118,283
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr Mandela 36,919
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr MUQ1 260,188
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr mdbuilder 174,202
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr mike 601,413