Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685932 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#420803 Feb 7, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Pity is a wasted emotion Anthony.
I have compassion for you. And I'll pray for you.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#420804 Feb 7, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS WAS FULLY GOD, AND HE WAS FULLY MAN.
or don't you know that.
Oh good, this is what we believe!

So then God does have a mother, and her name is Mary!

Jesus was not born yet when Elizabeth said....."But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?” Luke 1:43

Hmmmmm???
LTM

Schreiber, Canada

#420805 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. All first born children in that era were called first born regardless of whether there was a second, third, fourth...
LOL Anthony , all first born children , means they are the first born in their family .
Your comment doesn't even make sense.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#420806 Feb 7, 2013
Nite all!
truth

Perth, Australia

#420807 Feb 7, 2013
its written about mislead from one corner world to another..
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#420808 Feb 7, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was not born yet when Elizabeth said....."But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?” Luke 1:43
Hmmmmm???
Mary the creator?
Hmmmmmm?
truth

Perth, Australia

#420809 Feb 7, 2013
world before Elisabeth exist..i hope as they going renew everything its not any more secret..secret is who is in heaven is your god or what..or someone who try replace someone..
Are you for sure I am wrong?

now
they know who others just waiting Paul say i can't because he is been killer accuser as well prosecutor of Christians..Greek liked be wise..Jew like have some
messenger..

but you are all far away from truth..

thanks for satanic wicket mouse he return again i think i kill one..how many wicket around my house?

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Mathew 18;18
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
http://bible.cc/matthew/18-18.htm
LTM

Schreiber, Canada

#420810 Feb 7, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you have “creeped in” your own interpretation and you are now…trying to change what Jesus taught….
Lady , its you that does not know Scripture!
What does this verse mean to you??
2 Thess 2: 14
Actually you are the false prophet the bible talks about. Give it up, already!
StarC I take scripture straight from the Bible and post it, and I am told I am giving my own intrepretation.
Sorry I did not write the Bible! but it does prove one thing you catholic's don't recognize the scriptures.

Jesus was Mary's first born son, it means something to be the first born son in the Jewish culture, as you must know from the story of Jacob and Esau ,Jacob stole Esau's birth right.
Josephs 2 sons.
With Jesus he was Mary's first born son,
God so loved the world He gave His only begotten son see the difference Starc.
From the Holy Scriptures I didn't make up anything.
We became the sons and daughters through adoption, because of the Only Begotten son of God.
LTM

Schreiber, Canada

#420811 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I have compassion for you. And I'll pray for you.
Anthony, I appreicate the nice thought thank you.
truth

Perth, Australia

#420812 Feb 7, 2013
who clam heaven
who is last will be first
heaven=nevaeh

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

ako ste nesretni nemojte se zalit meni

3x heaven=neva eh

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
marge

Leesburg, GA

#420813 Feb 7, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary the creator?
Hmmmmmm?
hee hee
truth

Perth, Australia

#420814 Feb 7, 2013
two heart
one remind
don't look in appirence

its known

greater is something what is within you..

as well no go;d no silver its burning under fire
its name
which name

how much you love me
you not love me or honor me its lips

you are far away from truth
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#420815 Feb 7, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Anthony , all first born children , means they are the first born in their family .
Your comment doesn't even make sense.
Your friends say that if He was called "first born" it means there were also second, third, fourth, etc.

That is false. Every first child born in that era was called "first born" even if they were an only child.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#420816 Feb 7, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
StarC I take scripture straight from the Bible and post it, and I am told I am giving my own intrepretation.
Sorry I did not write the Bible! but it does prove one thing you catholic's don't recognize the scriptures.
Jesus was Mary's first born son, it means something to be the first born son in the Jewish culture, as you must know from the story of Jacob and Esau ,Jacob stole Esau's birth right.
Josephs 2 sons.
With Jesus he was Mary's first born son,
God so loved the world He gave His only begotten son see the difference Starc.
From the Holy Scriptures I didn't make up anything.
We became the sons and daughters through adoption, because of the Only Begotten son of God.
I guess he should have said "our only son" just so Mary is not left out.
LTM

Schreiber, Canada

#420817 Feb 7, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us book and chapter where it says that gif has authority to interpret the Holy Bible that Catholics gave you.
Coming from a self appointed so call pastor, and ex-truck driver, all of us would rather take the Apostles words, that were taught by Jesus over yours any day!!!
BTW, don’t you believe Jesus can convert?
Guess not.
Are you saying God won't call an ex- truck driver to preach His Holy Word .
Did not Jesus call fisher man Peter, did He not call Saul(Paul) who was killing all the People wh followed The Way (JESUS).

You, Regina, Anthony, HOJO, etc are not priest either so why should we listen to you. Who are you, see where your logic leads no were.
The Holy Spirit uses whom He will and He does need your permission StarC.
You should pray for wisdom, and ask God in the name Of Jesus for a clear revelation of His Holy Word.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#420818 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your friends say that if He was called "first born" it means there were also second, third, fourth, etc.
That is false. Every first child born in that era was called "first born" even if they were an only child.
Not so....and you know it...because I showed you: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

It do not say: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the first born Son of God.
LTM

Schreiber, Canada

#420819 Feb 7, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmm???
StarC why can't you understand that God does not need a Mother.
God was not born! Mary was.
Jesus the Son Of God Was Born to Mary He was her first born son the human Jesus.
Not God the Holy Spirit , who created all things .
LTM

Schreiber, Canada

#420820 Feb 7, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying God won't call an ex- truck driver to preach His Holy Word .
Did not Jesus call fisher man Peter, did He not call Saul(Paul) who was killing all the People wh followed The Way (JESUS).
You, Regina, Anthony, HOJO, etc are not priest either so why should we listen to you. Who are you, see where your logic leads no were.
The Holy Spirit uses whom He will and He does need your permission StarC.
You should pray for wisdom, and ask God in the name Of Jesus for a clear revelation of His Holy Word.
correction :
The Holy Spirit uses whom He will and He does not need your permission StarC
LTM

Schreiber, Canada

#420821 Feb 7, 2013
"What is Roman Catholicism?"
Answer: The Roman Catholic Church portrays itself as the one legitimate heir to New Testament Christianity, and the Pope as the successor to Peter, the first bishop of Rome. While those details are debatable, there is no question that Roman church history reaches back to ancient times. The apostle Paul wrote his letter to the Romans about AD 55, and addressed a church body that existed prior to his first visit there (but he made no mention of Peter, though he greeted others by name). Despite repeated persecutions by the government, a vibrant Christian community existed in Rome after apostolic times. Those early Roman Christians were just like their brethren in other parts of the world—simple followers of Jesus Christ.
Things changed drastically when the Roman Emperor Constantine professed a conversion to Christianity in AD 312. He began to make changes which ultimately led to the formation of the Roman Catholic Church. He issued the Edict of Milan in 313, which granted freedom of worship throughout the empire. When doctrinal disputes arose, Constantine presided over the first ecumenical church council at Nicaea in AD 325, even though he held no official authority in the churches. By the time of his death, Christianity was the favored, if not the official, religion of the Roman Empire. The term “Roman Catholic” was defined by Emperor Theodosius on February 27, 380 in the Theodosian Code. In that document, he referred to those who hold to the “religion which was delivered to the Romans by the divine Apostle Peter” as “Roman Catholic Christians,” and gave them the official sanction of the empire.
The fall of the Roman Empire and the rise of the Catholic Church are really two branches of the same story, as the power was transferred from one entity to the other. From the time of Constantine (AD 312) until the fall of the Roman Empire in 476, the emperors of Rome claimed a certain amount of authority within the church, even though it was disputed by many church leaders. During those formative years, there were many disputes over authority, structure, and doctrine. The emperors sought to increase their authority by granting privileges to various bishops, resulting in disputes about primacy within the churches. At the same time, some of the bishops sought to increase their authority and prestige by accusing others of false doctrine and seeking state support of their positions. Many of those disputes resulted in very sinful behavior, which are a disgrace to the name of Christ.
Just like today, some of those who lived in the leading cities tended to exalt themselves above their contemporaries in the rural areas. The third century saw the rise of an ecclesiastical hierarchy patterned after the Roman government. The bishop of a city was over the presbyters, or priests, of the local congregations, controlling the ministry of the churches, and the Bishop of Rome began to establish himself as supreme over all. Though some historians tell these details as the history of “the church,” there were many church leaders in those days which neither stooped to those levels nor acknowledged any ecclesiastical hierarchy. The vast majority of churches in the first four centuries derived their authority and doctrine from the Bible, and traced their lineage directly back to the apostles, not to the church of Rome. In the New Testament, the terms “elder,”“pastor,” and “bishop” are used interchangeably for the spiritual leaders of any church (see 1 Peter 5:1-3 where the Greek root words are translated “elders,”“feed,” and “oversight”).
Cont
LTM

Schreiber, Canada

#420822 Feb 7, 2013
cont
By the time Gregory became pope in AD 590, the empire was in a shambles, and he assumed imperial powers along with his ecclesiastical authority. From that time on, the church and state were fully intertwined as the Holy Roman Empire, with the pope exercising authority over kings and emperors.
What are the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church that distinguish it from other Christian churches? Whole books have been written on this subject, but a sampling of the doctrines will be outlined here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Gabriel 985,758
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 48 min Doctor Trump 27,079
Why are so many black people so FAT? (Jul '09) 2 hr juliakk 230
Black women hate White men? (Feb '11) 2 hr juliakk 67
make money online. free. easy to start. no cred... (Sep '15) 2 hr juliakk 9
Leftists libs DONT KNOW their own history 4 hr Wake Up 2
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 5 hr Johnny 69
More from around the web