Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699410 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#420764 Feb 7, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
lol....Its not the religion that changes, its my beliefs! Beliefs are based in knowledge and experience. Thus as I learn, my beliefs change....
Since your knowledge doesn't change, and you know everything, you remain stuck in your beliefs, and watch everyone changing around you as they learn and pass you by in the race....(smile)
I was just kidding....But you do resist learning you ole....
Robert,

What a pleasure it is to watch you deliver a criticism with such love and caring. We should all take a lesson.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#420765 Feb 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to say 1.168 billion catholics, which equals just 16.5432%.........out of 7,292,568,799 in our world.
http://www.ibiblio.org/lunarbin/worldpop
2,000 years and only 16.5% and today most don't even adhere to their belief which makes it about 8%. OMG!
I bring stories of truth. Catholics don't like truth unless its their truth.
CONFIRMED!
Michael--you wouldn't know the truth if it came "directly from
God Himself"! For someone who claims to have the truth, your defiance and rebelliousness toward the Catholic Church only confirms that your only sources of "so-called truth" are from rebel anti-catholics like yourself, who will exaggerate and say or do "anything" in order to spread their anti-catholic "snake oil venom"! You are "fooling no-one but yourself with your "National Inquirer" "junk news"!!
* The Catholic Church "continues to grow" each and every year, 1.5% in 2012 while "every Protestant Church continues to decline
* Thousands upon thousands of Protestants are leaving their "relative truth" Christianity and coming to the TRUTH of the RCC
* The seminaries are at the highest level in over 40 years. Overflowing in both major and minor seminaries in Mpls-St.Paul and in many other dioceses around the U.S.
* Vocations to the convent of (young) Nuns have increased to the
highest level since 1980.
Furthermore---vocations of both priests and nuns are overwhelmingly
orthodox, dedicated to the teachings of the Church and the bible
alan

Overland Park, KS

#420766 Feb 7, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>He was not sitting he SAT therefore he was standing to begin with.
No one is here for an English Lesson Percy !!!
Something to think about. Why are humans spending billions trying to contact aliens and searching for earth like planets in the solor system? Why not try and find God or Jesus, angels or the Devil?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#420767 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares?
Matt. 1:25 - this verse says Joseph knew her "not until ("heos", in Greek)" she bore a son. Some Protestants argue that this proves Joseph had relations with Mary after she bore a son. This is an erroneous reading of the text because "not until" does not mean "did not...until after." "Heos" references the past, never the future. Instead, "not until" she bore a son means "not up to the point that" she bore a son. This confirms that Mary was a virgin when she bore Jesus. Here are other texts that prove "not until" means "not up to the point that":
http://www.scripturecatholic.com/blessed_virg...
....which can lead one to believe, "after" birth - there were "marital relations", to mean that she was no longer a "virgin".

Since there are many "virgin births" throughout history, why don't you represent them along side your "theory"?

You do know of these other virgin births, right?

http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2012/12...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-d-tabor/d...

I wonder why Jesus, if his birth was so critical of a "virgin" he never mentioned it.

Could it be he didn't want anyone to know?

Could it be he was extremely humble enough not to mention it? nor Mary does either?

If one is to look at the story, it is second hand news, written by individuals who knew about the region's lore surrounding Mithras, and the Far Eastern lore around Krishna.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Debunked.

Albuquerque, NM

#420768 Feb 7, 2013
Correction - "written by individuals who knew about the region's lore"

Should have included - "...who probably knew...."

Yes friends - I was not there, nor present at those times.

Sometimes I wish I were.....it would answer many questions.

Albuquerque, NM

#420769 Feb 7, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
lol....Its not the religion that changes, its my beliefs! Beliefs are based in knowledge and experience. Thus as I learn, my beliefs change....
The you are not "Christian" - as you must "stay firm in your belief".

"Heretic" alert!

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#420770 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
What a pleasure it is to watch you deliver a criticism with such love and caring. We should all take a lesson.
*hug*
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420771 Feb 7, 2013
alan wrote:
<quoted text>Something to think about. Why are humans spending billions trying to contact aliens and searching for earth like planets in the solor system? Why not try and find God or Jesus, angels or the Devil?
What make you think that some of us have not found God/Jesus.
Unfortuanltley the Devils has found several in this old world.

The Carnal Mind can not find God space ship or not, only Satan and his demonions like Percy.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#420772 Feb 7, 2013
Oh Chuckles aka Chuckie...You were saying the Ox could be answered with scripture. You never are? Funny! Now you and Ox know very well we believe Mary was ever virgin. So did we expect anything intelligent or sincere from OX? NO From you? NO Then you wonder why get sarcasm? Really? You arent dialoguing you are giving us your infallible opinions and you are not doing it from scripture alone. Why does OX ask when they had relations? Clearly to only agitate as all of us have answered with scripture and Tradition including all those so called reformers who didnt believe as you and most of the inspired protestants until 200 years ago.

Its only important to you because you wish to discredit the church not because you can prove it, because you cant! You know way better than those people at the beginning.

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer;
Gen 8:7 -- the raven "did not return TILL the waters were dried up..." Question: Did the raven return? NO!
Deut 34:6 -- Moses died "and no one knows his grave TILL this day." Question: Have we found Moses' grave? NO!
2 Sam 6:23 -- Michal "had no children TILL the day of her death." Question: Did she have children after she died? NO!
1 Macc 5:54 -- "...not one of them was slain TILL they had returned in peace." Was Judas M and his troops killed when they returned? NO!
Luke 1:80 -- John the B "was in the deserts TILL the day of his manifestation to Israel." Did John the B stay in the desert? YES!(cf. Matt 3:1; Mark 1:3-4; Luke 3:2-4)
John 4:49 -- "Sir, come down BEFORE my child dies!" Did he die? NO!
Rom 8:22 -- "...the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together UNTIL now." Is it still groaning? YES! <groan> :)
1 Cor 15:25 -- "For He must reign TILL He has put all enemies under His feet." After all enemies are put away, will Christ be reigning? YES!
Eph 4:12-13 -- "...for the equipping...for the work of ministry.... for the edifying....TILL we all come to the unity of the faith...." Once we become unified, will equipping, ministry, and edification still be necessary? YES!
1 Tim 4:13 -- "TILL I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine." When Paul arrives, no more reading, no more exhorting, no more doctrine? NO!
1 Tim 6:14 -- "....that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless UNTIL our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing..." When Jesus comes back, we should disobey these commandments? NO!
Rev 2:25-26 -- "But hold fast what you have TILL I come. And he who overcomes and keeps My works UNTIL the end, to him I will give power..." Should we stop holding fast and stop obeying when Jesus returns? NO!
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/num27.htm
You will not answer my question because you know it means when it stopped raining...I went outside.

Ox says:
You acknowledge that "knew her" means they had intercourse...then you say that did not happen before Christ was born and you further say it did not happen after he was born...so...when did they have intercourse!!!!????

Ummm...yeah chuckles is that what Anthony or any Catholic acknowledge? What part about she didnt have you people missed? You were saying we cant answer? Nah Chuckie when you can do something other than to agitate and answer our responses then let us know.

You can deflect all you want. The discussion was on until. We did the courtesy of quoting scriptures that prove our point. You deflected and say it contradicts and we cant answer. Really? It is clear that you are not answering but rather deflecting and offering unsubstantiated conclusions discarding sola scriptura for your own tradition. OOPS!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#420773 Feb 7, 2013
757 721
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not gonna play word games with you. The best way to communicate with you is one or two syllable words and short sentences.
You;
"Mah words: So...you acknowledge they had marital relations...per Scripture."
Me;
No they didn't. Scripture never says they did.
Answer to your question;
They didn't.
End of discussion with you.
No word games....the following can be verified on this form:

You are grasping at straws..again..I never said you acknowledged they had martial relations after Jesus' birth!!!!!!!

I said:
The question was asked: What does the word KNEW mean in the vesre?

You said: Marital relations. The verse is saying they didn't have marital relations before she bore a son, it doesn't mean he "knew" her afterwards.

Mah words: So...you acknowledge they had marital relations...per Scripture...Then you say it did not happen before nor after the birth of Christ...so, when did they have intercourse.....

Answer my question....so, when did they have intercourse...

Location hidden

#420774 Feb 7, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
Whatever, you think, you know ontologically speaking, may or may not be true, thus your knowledge and understanding may or may not be true of a thing.
Faith seeks understanding, or in another sense, belief seeks knowledge.
So...,
To know a thing, or the understanding of a truth, is not to know All Things and All Truth from which you make a general statement which is not true...albeit "Then this does not apply to you:..."
You are proved wrong in the single instance of the matter, and in the fuller meaning. Thus you do not understand what is taught by the Church. And your "agreeing" with what the Church teaches is faulty to begin with in your presentation.
Your mindless prattle changes nothing in these words:

734 665

On this matter...it is not what I think your religion teaches...it is what I know it teaches...and on this matter I fully agree with them..

Then this does not apply to you: Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Location hidden

#420775 Feb 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Question: If I say "I will not go outside until it stops raining" does that mean when it stopped raining, I did not go outside????
Whadda boutit Anthony????

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I use the term "marital relations" because I prefer not to use the term "sexual realtions" in reference to the Blessed Mother out of respect for her. You obviously have no problem with it.
Your claim can only be made because of the word "until" which is the word in dispute. Your ancestors AND the Catholic Church says it meant something different than what you modern day protestants think it means.

Question: If I say "I will not go outside until it stops raining" does that mean when it stopped raining, I did not go outside????
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#420776 Feb 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Whadda boutit Anthony????
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I use the term "marital relations" because I prefer not to use the term "sexual realtions" in reference to the Blessed Mother out of respect for her. You obviously have no problem with it.
Your claim can only be made because of the word "until" which is the word in dispute. Your ancestors AND the Catholic Church says it meant something different than what you modern day protestants think it means.
Auf Wiedersehen mein Freund. Sie sind ein Idiot und ich möchte keine wieder sprechen mit dir.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#420777 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Auf Wiedersehen mein Freund. Sie sind ein Idiot und ich möchte keine wieder sprechen mit dir.
Gute Wahl Anthony!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#420778 Feb 7, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Gute Wahl Anthony!
Danke schön.

I'm a bit rusty but it'll keep him busy for awhile I hope.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#420779 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Danke schön.
I'm a bit rusty but it'll keep him busy for awhile I hope.
Pretty sure he thinks Schadenfreude means Christian. Its what Catholics believe Pope approved. ;0

Gute Nacht

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#420780 Feb 7, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
You fundies make me laugh. So according to you, God gave a church for say 300 years. Then it was corrupted. Then confusion reigned for say 1300 more years. Until the protestants turned up with the one true doctrine.
Are you stupid or something? What a moron.
~~~

Adam and eve wore fig leaves because they needed more-on...

Your mind is just as void of understanding as their bodies were

of clothing...

Their knowledge of good and evil...(that came by their disobedience to God)...

caused them to no longer have access to the tree of life and their being able to live forever...

What will your Constantine godless understanding ultimately cost you?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#420781 Feb 7, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure he thinks Schadenfreude means Christian. Its what Catholics believe Pope approved. ;0
Gute Nacht
Lol.
Gute Nacht und Gott segnen.
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#420782 Feb 7, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You give good advice,but I for one do not see that the RCs have something so much more precious that we LACK. What is the most important 3 things you feel as a priest that we L A C K?
The Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist.

Aposolic Succession.

Authoritative Teaching, rooted in Apostolic Succession.

A Church that is One, in all the p,aces where the Gospel of Jesus Christ is proclaimed.

A Church that is catholic, a notion many Protestants reject, and a word hey have even dared to remove from the Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed.

The Communion of the Saints.

The Graces offered to us by the Holy Spirit in the Sacraments.

The intercession of the Blessed Mother, forever pointing us to her Divine Son.

I could go on, but you probably already have 4 or 5 things from the list which you reject, and it'd only raise your blood pressure.

Protestantism has graces in it, an a Purpose, one given to it because of misbehavior on the pepart of Catholic leadership before the Reformation.

But we ought never to forget that Protestantism is ALSO a Tower of Babel, a structure erected (in intent) APART from the One God originally intended.

I often wonder how much better the faith of Christianity would be, had they been True Reformers (as St. Francis of Assisi was), rather than the Rebels they turned out to be. That is not a criticism of the ones who inherited from them, b the way, as I am convinced there are saints among their heirs.

LOTS of them.

But that does not make their antescedants any less rebels rather than true reformers.

Rob

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#420783 Feb 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your version lacks historic fact, logic and faith- in Jesus Christ.
Conspiracy Christianity is un biblical. I gotta imagine, that it greatly irritates Jesus. He said he'd be with them always, til the end of the world. He didn't say "in 1400 yrs when the bible is printed, people will have access to my real ministry."
~~~

Since the Apostle Peter wrote ...

2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that

==> one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

1400 years then is less than a day an a half...in God's timing.

Yet you Roman Constantin-es believe you control God's word and His eternal plan of Salvation..

Your arrogance is beyond explanation.

Your religion is not even dry behind the ears.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 min Tellthetruth 447,415
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 26 min Quivering Lip Lib... 71,617
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr leprechauns rock 995,062
How is it possible that God has always existed?? 1 hr leprechauns rock 15
I miss her so bad. Should I reach out? 2 hr mikex28 1
How to make an interracial relationship work 3 hr malvin48 1
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 6 hr Dang Jersey Piney 122