Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599406 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#420502 Feb 6, 2013
civilization before exist
why
why others try hide its never happened
yes it is

as well others try recreated then destroy many people as well play with soul of many people..we not care what they think..personally i don't respect that not at all.
truth

Perth, Australia

#420503 Feb 6, 2013
Jesus is not in Jerusalem..no.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#420504 Feb 6, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't decide what is truth, b/c you have no authority. We do not go by LTM's interpretation of Holy Scripture. We go by the teaching of the Apostles that walked the earth with Jesus. Jesus left them to teach and interpret....not a study home mom/granny like you. Sorry.
Bye for now.
You are not going by the teachings of the apostles that walked the earth with Jesus , not by a long shot StarC.
You are going by the teachings of the false prophets and teachers that have creeped into the church as Peter warned they would.
Thats what is wrong with just oral teaching and not the written word. What is written can't not be change, but what is taught orally can be changed by whoever is telling the story,.

You are taught the religious teachings of corrupted men who were not after the truth of God, but power and money , and sex.
StarC, what you have been taught is not the truth, the Bible says so not me.
truth

Perth, Australia

#420505 Feb 6, 2013
If i am liar..please tell me.. why i am liar?

Jesus is not in Jerusalem.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#420506 Feb 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS ESTABLISHED IN THE HEARTS OF HIS TRUE BELIEVERS..
THIS IS THE REASON THAT THE APOSTLE PAULE WROTE..
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 -->That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.<--
Rom 10:10 ==> For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. <==
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
~~~
GOD DID NOT ESTABLISHED A PHYSICAL KINGDOM ..IN ROME..
JESUS DID NOT LIE WHEN HES SAID...
Joh 18:36 Jesus answered,--> My kingdom is not of this world:
if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.<---
Joh 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king.
To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world,
that
I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
---
THE ROMAN CONSTANTINEIANS ....THAT CLAIM TO BE THE KINGDOM OF GOD....ARE NOT OF TRUTH ....
Amen Confrinting, How is you wife is she still in hospital??
God placed you both on my heart the other night I hope all is well.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#420507 Feb 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying, no you don't.
<quoted text>
Since Jesus never wrote anything down, everything you think is attributed to him was written second hand and decades later.
Strike #2.
<quoted text>
Qualifiers for Jesus?
Oh how nice!
<quoted text>
....non-answer....
<quoted text>
You aren't paying atention.
I utilize and use all of what Jesus taught. Please stop trying to say I don't, when you already know I do. This would make your statement a lie, thus you a liar.
Why do you lie about others?
Read the Gospels! EVERYTHING that Jesus said, exclaimed, quoted and expressed is "highlighted in red"!... You can say,twist, manipulate and "spin" it anyway you want--like most Protestants do with the Bible, but Jesus (clearly and explicitly) "said it" regarding His One True (Universal-Church--AND---FURTH ERMORE----over 2000 years of PROVEN and VERIFABLE Apostolic Church History (CONFIRMS IT).. As usual, New Age, you "continue" to have "no idea as to what you are talking about, which is (nothing new) to any of us Catholics...... Again--why don't you listen to, follow and believe the words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF (in the Gospels). Catholics always have, for over 2000 years, and always will!!!!!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#420508 Feb 6, 2013
Thursday, February 07, 2013
This Evening's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon

----------

"And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither."—Revelation 11:12.
ITHOUT considering these words in their prophetical connection, let us regard them D as the invitation of our great Forerunner to His sanctified people. In due time there shall be heard "a great voice from heaven" to every believer, saying, "Come up hither." This should be to the saints the subject of joyful anticipation. Instead of dreading the time when we shall leave this world to go unto the Father, we should be panting for the hour of our emancipation. Our song should be—

"My heart is with Him on His throne,
And ill can brook delay;
Each moment listening for the voice,
'Rise up and come away.'"

We are not called down to the grave, but up to the skies. Our heaven-born spirits should long for their native air. Yet should the celestial summons be the object of patient waiting. Our God knows best when to bid us "Come up thither." We must not wish to antedate the period of our departure. I know that strong love will make us cry,

"O Lord of Hosts, the waves divide,
And land us all in heaven;"

but patience must have her perfect work. God ordains with accurate wisdom the most fitting time for the redeemed to abide below. Surely, if there could be regrets in heaven, the saints might mourn that they did not live longer here to do more good. Oh, for more sheaves for my Lord's garner! more jewels for His crown! But how, unless there be more work? True, there is the other side of it, that, living so briefly, our sins are the fewer; but oh! when we are fully serving God, and He is giving us to scatter precious seed, and reap a hundredfold, we would even say it is well for us to abide where we are. Whether our Master shall say "go," or "stay," let us be equally well pleased so long as He indulges us with His presence.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#420509 Feb 6, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church did not write the title of the thread. That was written by a nominal "Catholic" with extremely poor reading skills. If you read the link, it's not what the pope said at all.
That deals with the title of the thread being "an attack on Protestants."
Maybe you really DID mean the title of the board.
"Topix Catholic Forum."
If you read that as an attack on Protestants, you are so divorced from reality that I have no idea what to say to you.
Prayers for the conversion of the Jewish people do not constitute an attack. We have a belief about what we belief to be the Truth.(Doesn't everyone?) We belief Jesus to be the Fulfillment of Jewish Messianic Hope.How is it an attack to hope and pray that the Jewish people would come to see that as well? Seeing as we see them as our elder siblings in belief in ONe True God, you claim that this is an "attack" seems wilfully distorted.
The term "defective" as applied to theOrthodox faith is in the context of Apostolic authority. Is there any lack there (any defect?) It's a valid question, and a term I imagine they would apply to US.(Personally, I have never heard it applied to the Orthodox, and I will have to look it up. I see it applied to any community lacking a bishop, or to the Anglican communion, which was founded by a murderer, but never to the Orth. I could have it wrong. I'll check.)
Choosing to see the examination of a "defect" in Apostolic Succession ("defective") as "an insult" or an "attack" is a tad precious, but that's you, on a regular basis.
Perhaps you could discuss all this with the people you "lead," missy.
Rob
First, I am not sure it was written by a Catholic at all as many articles on these forums are not they are simply articles about the church. What is clear though is the author took liberties on what was said.

Here is the actual document from which the author garnered the statements and rephrase in his own words.

This was an interfaith document to the Bishops.

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregatio...

I would not expect anything rational or reasonbable coming from Mike or FM they are two atheists with an axe to grind.
marge

Ames, IA

#420510 Feb 6, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I suspected. You can't. Because there is no such scripture.
Thank you.
Yes there is but I'm sure your so-called leadeds never shared it with you, but good news if you can read for yourself.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#420511 Feb 6, 2013
As Valentine's Day approaches, are you sensing the hesitancy?

Are you tired of looking through cards that don't reflect what your dating relationship or marriage is really like? Or, are you dreading the day coming and going and you might not receive a card at all?

Many women I know don't look forward to Valentine's Day because they feel it shines a spotlight on what is wrong in their relationship or what is just plain missing in their life. Whether you're single or married, I feel for you. And in some ways, I can relate.

As my 20th Wedding Anniversary approached, I found myself agonizing over picking out the right card for my husband. After 20 years together, so many of the cards out there didn't sound like reality. A funny card seemed too trite after 20 years. A romantic card filled with all the things I said to him the first few years of our marriage sounded too gushy. The spiritual card sounded too serious. I ended up choosing reality and gave him one that talked of his support and friendship and about him being there through "life's challenges." I had to laugh when his card to me also mentioned the word "challenge."

My card hunt got me thinking about God, whom Isaiah 54:5 refers to as my "Heavenly Husband." What kind of card would I pick out for Him after 20 years together? Would I get him the card that says "You're my Knight in Shining Armor"? I've written books on how He truly is our Perfect Prince. It's true He's never let me down and like the cards say "I can't imagine my life without Him." Or would it be more appropriate to choose a card that talks about "weathering the storms together" and knowing that through it all His love has been there? I know that every perfect line I read in a greeting card is true of the Perfect Love, the Lord Jesus. In fact, picking out a card for Him would be quite easy.

But what if God were picking out a card for you or me? What if He wanted to express His sentiments to us after "all these years together"? You know, He already has...in several places throughout Scripture:

•God has given us the romantic card: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness" (Jeremiah 31:3).
•He has given us a card about sacrificial love: "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13).
•He has given us a card of encouragement and support: "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5).
And I can't help but think He would love to give us a funny card that reminded us, in spite of our actions at times, that He's never lost His heart for us.

To be honest, God would have every right to give me a card that said "In spite of the mess you've been most of your life, amazingly, I'm still here." Yet, instead of boasting on Himself, He would probably continue to dote on me instead, saying something like: "My eyes still see you as precious as the day you were born."

In Psalm 139:17 David, the Psalmist, sang: "How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand...."

How much does He love you and me? He has said, in so many words, "let me count the ways."

It's obvious to me that when it comes to a relationship with God, He's the shining star. He's the One who "puts up" with us. He's the One who patiently endures the relationship. He's the One who never gives up. He's the One who is committed to the end, who has secured our happily ever after with His own life. He's the One.

Amen

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#420512 Feb 6, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Confrinting, How is you wife is she still in hospital??
God placed you both on my heart the other night I hope all is well.
~~~

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS..

Kay Marie is in a nursing home at present, going through therapy..She is recovering after her 21 days in the hospital.

Blessings to you and yours...

GOD IS FAITHFUL

all the time..
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420513 Feb 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
God did
Ezekiel 28:16–17
16 In the abundance of your trade
you were filled with violence in your midst, and you sinned;
so I cast you as a profane thing from the mountain of God,
and I destroyed you, O guardian cherub,
from the midst of the stones of fire.
An angel means ‘a messenger’. Cherubim and seraphim are specific

creatures that we often call angels. Michael, the Archangel, is a

title for the highest messenger who is as God. That’s what that means.

When it says, the Lord Himself comes down from heaven with the voice

of the Archangel it means the Lord comes with the voice of the

greatest messenger. Directly from the Greek, that’s what it’s saying.

And if you go to Daniel 12:1 it says: At that time shall Michael stand

up, the great Prince that stands for the children of thy people.

For instance, the Bible says that Jacob wrestled with an Angel, and

then later it says he wrestled with the Lord. Well, he wrestled with

Christ. Jesus was the one. One reason I know that is that the Bible

says No man has seen the Father at any time. So if Jacob saw the Lord

he must have seen God the Son, and that would be Jesus. The Bible

tells us that Michael is the one who resurrected Moses in the Book of

Jude. So if He’s the resurrection and He’s raising the dead when He

comes down from heaven, Michael the Archangel is another title for

Christ.
truth

Perth, Australia

#420514 Feb 6, 2013
you are man not god not at all
byyyyyyyyyyyyy

if i need i will do
3x heaven
bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmm

on the end will be like that
if you unhappy don't tell to me
truth

Perth, Australia

#420515 Feb 6, 2013
possessors and decivers is not Creator

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420516 Feb 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS..
Kay Marie is in a nursing home at present, going through therapy..She is recovering after her 21 days in the hospital.
Blessings to you and yours...
GOD IS FAITHFUL
all the time..
what happened to kay, I knew that she hadnt been on for some time. BTW, how about a first name for u? most of us have put our names up , kinda like a big family on here by now?

Location hidden

#420517 Feb 6, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>An angel means ‘a messenger’. Cherubim and seraphim are specific
Christ.
only the sda thinks that Michael is Jesus. are you outing yourself.

Most Christians are amazed to learn that SDA teaches that Jesus is Michael the Archangel, but Ellen G. White said He was Michael, so if they changed this, they'd need to reject her as "the spirit of prophecy" and they'd not be the remnant church! So now they hold He's both God the Son, and Michael. In fact, Ellen G. White DENIED the deity of Jesus, who in 1903 said,“The man Christ Jesus was not the Lord God Almighty”(ms 140, SDA Commentary V, p. 1129). Yet, modern SDA claim to believe in Jesus' deity and the Godhead in their official statement of faith (SDA Believe,# 2 and 4).

It makes a great difference "who" Jesus really is, for 2nd Corinthians 11:4 warned there'd be those who'd teach another Jesus, preach a different gospel, and have another spirit. These marks identify cults, who invariably attack the Doctrine of Christ. Early SDA's denied Jesus' deity saying He was only an archangel. Their Commentary, volume 5, pg. 1129, cites Ellen White as saying...“The man Christ Jesus was not the Lord God Almighty.”

SOURCE: Ellen G. White (1903, ms 150, SDA; Commentary V, p. 1129)

John 1:1-3,14; 10:33; 1st Timothy 2:5; 3:16; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 7:4; Revelation 1:8; 15:3, 16:5-7; and 17:14--all show that Jesus is Almighty God. Ellen G. White is a LIAR! The REAL Jesus is the God-man Christ Jesus. He was never an Archangel! He's not God-angel-man. Clearly, SDA's have a different Jesus, a false Jesus. It is important to note that Jehovah's Witnesses (JW's) teach the same false doctrine, i.e., that Jesus is Michael. As with

Location hidden

#420518 Feb 6, 2013
if michael is jesus, which the sda satanic follower claims, why does this verse indicate otherwise. since we know that jesus is more powerful than satan and aint afraid of him.

Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

been telling you people for 3 years that this kook is a sda and belongs to the devil and when he opens his mouth, more and more satanic sda knowledge comes from him.

now you know why the sda cultist hates me as he does.lol the devil cant stand to be mocked and exposed for what he is.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420519 Feb 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>robert, i didnt expect an aanswer rom for one simple reasdon, a person cant testify of something that they dont possess. and not to tell someone is a sin, you do know that ,right?
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
and yes, a person will remember when they gave their life to the Lord. Paul never forgot His Experience, nor will I.
as I have said oftimes.
my first birth, I cant remember,
my second birth, I cant forget.
and EVERY CHRISTIAN on this forum knows when god forgave them of their sins.
and no catholic can remember when they got sprinkled by pa water when they were a baby.
robert, you aint even as close to being saved as the sda cultist on this forum is. you are more accountable than he is, you do have a modicum of intelligence, he doesnt.
Sitting on a plane by you in Vietnam you say ? LMBO !!!

One has to hang on to every word you post concerning scripture just to catch the lies you slip in just like Satan does.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420520 Feb 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Preston, when you say "God told you to do this", did you hear an audible voice?
Oh Don't You know It and Grandpa's to........lmbo

Location hidden

#420521 Feb 6, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>An angel means ‘a messenger’. Cherubim and seraphim are specific
Christ.
the Lord Himself comes down from heaven with the voice
greatest messenger.

this verse in thess, is meaning that an archangel is[accompaning] Jesus, along with Gods trumpet. using your reasoning that Jesus is an archangel, we could assume that Jesus is also a trumpet.lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hidingfromyou 863,946
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 min dollarsbill 6,402
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 7 min sangili karuppan 1,838
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 37 min sangili karuppan 7,475
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 45 min Ajay 446
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr MUQ2 835
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr BenAdam 1,939
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr WasteWater 272,403
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Great Day of Arma... 612,892
More from around the web