Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675765 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

MICHAEL

Canada

#420724 Feb 7, 2013

The story of a former priest.

http://www.leavingthepriesthood.com/Priestsat...
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420725 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why ask me, why don't you ask your protestant ancestors who called people fools for saying she had sex after Jesus' birth?
Not talking about what Mary did after Jesus was born. The passages in Genesis I have posted are in question and you don't answer. I forgot, Tony is a woman's name as well isn't it.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420726 Feb 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says....
...Do you think of yourself as a phony when your wife corrects your bad behaviour and you comply? Do you mutter to yourself about how mean she is and just do it to keep her off your back? Or do you recognize you've made a mistake and react in a mature and loving way?
Michael says.......been married 39 years. Never experienced what you wrote in your post. Never mutter about her. We always agree. A perfect marriage.
You must be expressing what you and your wife are going through. My condolences.
I just hope Father Rob continues to guide you.(lol) so far he is doing a good job.
Gosh, you're special.
Catholic Girl

United States

#420727 Feb 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
Psalm 69:8 (NASB95)
...... I have become estranged from my BROTHERS
And an alien to my mother’s SONS!
seems clear to me.
CONFIRMED!
Would it be possible, "And an alien to my mother’s SONS!" that this statement could be talking about Joseph's sons? in today's wording Mary's Step Sons. Joseph was married for 50 yrs. prior to marrying Mary. Is this not true?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420728 Feb 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of priests. From ....leavingthepriesthood.com.. ..
Interesting read of why so many men have left or are leaving the priesthood. I am sure the stories of the many women who left their convents are the same.
http://www.leavingthepriesthood.com/
If the holiest men and women in america are not answering the call to the priest/sisterhood what will the next generations bring?
Read what Cardinal Martini stated just before he died.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/01/us-...
...The good Cardinal said most of what I have been saying on here for the past 4.5 years.
Big changes are coming when Pope Benedict passes on. There are eligible cardinals right this minute jockeying for position waiting to come into office and clean house.
Who ever it will be, it will be refreshing and a big step forward for the roman catholic church.
Again, double response to one of my posts. It really drives you nuts when Catholics are faithful to the Church.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#420729 Feb 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
The passage "she bore a son even though they had not had marital relations" is not in question and you know it. That's why you continue to ignore my question.
Again...I'm talking about Genesis
Does the word KNEW in the passages below mean that Adam and Cain had sexual relations wife their wives..YES or No is fine..thanks
Gen 4:4 Now Adam KNEW Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain
Gen 4:17 Cain KNEW his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch
***It's funny, ever other time catholics come out of the woodwork to debate topics but not a peep out of any of them on this one. lol
Well, I think you're being irresponsible by shooting word for word from Genesis to the Gospels. They are separate books written 5,000 yrs apart.

Again, it all comes down to what was taught. Period. Your brand of Christianity is only a couple hundred yrs old.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#420730 Feb 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you noticed catholics get a little uptight when scripture contradicts their church's teaching. To prove my point, you could've posted something to Ox to debate his point but you went for the insult instead because you got nothing...sigh......
**I hope you don't insult Nita like that anymore. She's fellow catholic.
We have posted scritpure adnauseum and refuted every single thing. We could do it a thousand times. Would it change anything? You haven't proven anything and you haven't proven any contradicition either, but thanks for your opinion devoid of reality. Nita has not been on these boards for a long time. She apolgized and admitted she was wrong, but then that was stated to you long ago.

Your deflections are irrelevant. The word Until when understood how it was used by the authors in context and the times cannot be used as any sort of proof that Mary did not remain ever virgin period. That is a fact which many Protestant scholars acknowledge. You have to reject all tradition in order to force your opinion and that is what it is. It cannot be proven from scripture alone that Mary had other biological children. Again, Produce the scripture which says Mary had relations with Joseph or any man and conceived other children and their names at any time. It does not exist.
Catholic Girl

United States

#420731 Feb 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
Catholics are much like AMISH people. If you decide to leave the church they SHUN you. No farewells, no goodbyes or no goodluck, just the SILENT TREATMENT. Millions of catholics, thousands of priests and nuns have suffered the same fate.
I met an ex nun several years ago, and she left the convent for personal reasons. She said once the other nuns knew she was leaving they gave her the silent treatment and SHUNNED her until she left. How childish!
No wonder so many catholics have the fear!! and do as they are told.
very, very sad.
My guess is you never attended a catholic school. You'd be fearful also, they may be meek but wow are they strong. By the way, it's called discipline. Do you agree that today's world could use a bit more discipline?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#420732 Feb 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are being specific - "God in the Bible".
You are right. I don't believe men and what they think they know of "God", because they only use a portion of the details that have been written about him.
Why do you believe in "halfsies"? It's okay, you get to believe as you choose, even though it is unfounded.
NASL

Believing half-truths one goes round and round, until one finally just get tired out, and yields to temptation, then one can rationalize everything, including Gnosticism. Its the little voice in the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil....

Its better to believe in the Truth.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420733 Feb 7, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong I implied no angel never APPEARED SITTING DOWN.
There was 3 who appeared to Abraham as well but sure wasn't sitting down at first.
with your very poor grammar on thsi post, it is difficult to even understand what you are inferring with your [double negative} type of talking.lol

anyway I showed you that an angel did appear [sitting down] and you said none ever did.

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Read your Bible Christ or an Angel never appeared to anyone sitting down ever it is alway standing.

anyway, Liked I said, it was Jesus as God had told me too.

Location hidden

#420734 Feb 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only show you what your religion teaches...I cannot make you believe it...
Oxbow

lol...So true. Nor would I believe what you think my religion teaches....

It is better for me to have faith, and then learn.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#420735 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why ask me, why don't you ask your protestant ancestors who called people fools for saying she had sex after Jesus' birth?
Can you provide proof she didn't? And what would be wrong about it if she did? Got news for you - if they didn't consummate the marriage, it wasn't valid.

Location hidden

#420736 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't. The use of the word "until" doesn't mean that it occured afterwards.
why is it that people who have completed college know little about English, look at that sda cultist and his double negatives.

anyway anthony . even if the word [until] is used as a prepostiion or a conjunction it still means what is referred to in the Bible and that is at the right time, they made babies.lol

I readily admit that I butcher the barriers but I do that for emphasis NOT BECAUSE I AM IGNORANT OF THE KINGS LANGUAGE

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#420737 Feb 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer;
Gen 8:7 -- the raven "did not return TILL the waters were dried up..." Question: Did the raven return? NO!
Deut 34:6 -- Moses died "and no one knows his grave TILL this day." Question: Have we found Moses' grave? NO!
2 Sam 6:23 -- Michal "had no children TILL the day of her death." Question: Did she have children after she died? NO!
1 Macc 5:54 -- "...not one of them was slain TILL they had returned in peace." Was Judas M and his troops killed when they returned? NO!
Luke 1:80 -- John the B "was in the deserts TILL the day of his manifestation to Israel." Did John the B stay in the desert? YES!(cf. Matt 3:1; Mark 1:3-4; Luke 3:2-4)
John 4:49 -- "Sir, come down BEFORE my child dies!" Did he die? NO!
Rom 8:22 -- "...the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together UNTIL now." Is it still groaning? YES! <groan> :)
1 Cor 15:25 -- "For He must reign TILL He has put all enemies under His feet." After all enemies are put away, will Christ be reigning? YES!
Eph 4:12-13 -- "...for the equipping...for the work of ministry.... for the edifying....TILL we all come to the unity of the faith...." Once we become unified, will equipping, ministry, and edification still be necessary? YES!
1 Tim 4:13 -- "TILL I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine." When Paul arrives, no more reading, no more exhorting, no more doctrine? NO!
1 Tim 6:14 -- "....that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless UNTIL our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing..." When Jesus comes back, we should disobey these commandments? NO!
Rev 2:25-26 -- "But hold fast what you have TILL I come. And he who overcomes and keeps My works UNTIL the end, to him I will give power..." Should we stop holding fast and stop obeying when Jesus returns? NO!
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/num27.htm
You will not answer my question because you know it means when it stopped raining...I went outside.

You acknowledge that "knew her" means they had intercourse...then you say that did not happen before Christ was born and you further say it did not happen after he was born...so...when did they have intercourse!!!!????

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#420738 Feb 7, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Believing half-truths one goes round and round, until one finally just get tired out, and yields to temptation, then one can rationalize everything, including Gnosticism. Its the little voice in the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil....
Its better to believe in the Truth.
As it has been shown by you...."You can't handle the truth".....

;o)
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420739 Feb 7, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
The passage "she bore a son even though they had not had marital relations" is not in question and you know it. That's why you continue to ignore my question.
Again...I'm talking about Genesis
Does the word KNEW in the passages below mean that Adam and Cain had sexual relations wife their wives..YES or No is fine..thanks
Gen 4:4 Now Adam KNEW Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain
Gen 4:17 Cain KNEW his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch
***It's funny, ever other time catholics come out of the woodwork to debate topics but not a peep out of any of them on this one. lol
The topic of discussion was whether Mary was ever-Virgin, not the meaning of the word "knew". You'd rather change the subject and dig for some area of disagreement over the word "knew" than admit you've been proven wrong in your understanding of the orginal topic.

That's ok Chuck, I get you.

Location hidden

#420740 Feb 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know what I am in or not in?
*looks around monitor for a spy-cam*
Hmmm....are you psychic?
IMO - you are nothing but a double-talking, misdirecting so-called "Catholic" that seemsto despise other religious people and their beliefs. Allbecause of men and not wanting to believe in Jesus.
It is your call to do so.
Imagine that - Self.
NASL

You forgot to write believe in Jesus' """sayings """(smile).

You know I believe in Jesus....

You must have been flustered...Thats ok.

If one does not have pre-suppositions, then all is reduced to self-contraditions.

Peace is not just the absence of war....

Location hidden

#420741 Feb 7, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Now wouldn't that be intersting? Although I'd probably be embarrassed from the response he may receive through this thread.
Trust in God...
there is no doubt in my mind that I would call him an [idiot],

notto mention that I would tell him that he has some of the [dumbest] flock of sheep that I have ever seen on this forum.

and then I would ask the idiot when he was Saved.and how hot was the tap water they sprinkled on his head.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#420742 Feb 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why is it that people who have completed college know little about English, look at that sda cultist and his double negatives.
anyway anthony . even if the word [until] is used as a prepostiion or a conjunction it still means what is referred to in the Bible and that is at the right time, they made babies.lol
I readily admit that I butcher the barriers but I do that for emphasis NOT BECAUSE I AM IGNORANT OF THE KINGS LANGUAGE
Yes, well, the bible wasn't written in Kings English. And the King understood it the way Catholics do. Sorry bud.
Catholic Girl

United States

#420743 Feb 7, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide proof she didn't? And what would be wrong about it if she did? Got news for you - if they didn't consummate the marriage, it wasn't valid.
Hi, I'm lead to believe she never had relations with Joseph or any other man. during my research for info. about Joseph for my tours at Basilica, I discovered that he was quite old when he married Mary. He was married for 50 yrs. with children and his wife died. In fact when he discovered she was with child, he was going to divorsce her silently and silently because if the village had found this out, they would have stoned her to death. But that night, an angel paid Joseph a visit and set him straight about the child Mary was carrying.
and you know the rest of the story.

peace, and trust in God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 min ChromiuMan 6,232
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 23 min Chess Jurist 110,449
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 40 min spud 136
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr gabtard 982,106
Why does shopping feel so good? 3 hr EllaJames 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,765
Something you hope your husband never finds out 7 hr Crazy Guy 1
More from around the web