Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,561
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#420405 Feb 6, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
Didn't St. Michael the Archangel throw satan out of heaven into the powers of hell? Reason St. Michael is the Prince of the Seraphins, head of God's armory
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
God did
Ezekiel 28:1617
16 In the abundance of your trade
you were filled with violence in your midst, and you sinned;
so I cast you as a profane thing from the mountain of God,
and I destroyed you, O guardian cherub,
from the midst of the stones of fire.
No "He" didn't. You both have read wa-a-a-a-ay to much into this book's chapter. It isn't even about "Satan".

But what would one expect, when individuals like you believe you are being told something, when in fact, ifyou had read it yourself, it is very clear that it doesn't say what you both think.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Albuquerque, NM

#420406 Feb 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
and non-Christians who know the truth and reject it out of some patholigical hatred of the Blessed Virgin aren't saved.

New Age writes:
You don't know this.

Stop misleading and lying to others.

Typical lying Catholic.

Location hidden

#420407 Feb 6, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
I am sorry I disagree....You may love the O.T., as it still remains the promise under the law, but there is something better, the N.T. where the promise is fulfilled in Jesus Christ.
Please note John 10:17-18
" Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."
It is difficult to explain to you that Jesus was not taken by force, but rather it was his power and will, doing the Will of the Father, which agreed toward His Sacrifice, and Ressurrection.
Those who are born again, know that they must sacrifice themselvs in order for the new creature to live....
So again, I say to you, Repent and be born again.
you are the idiot that said mary sacrificed her son, not me.

and sorry, but it isnt the least difficult to explain that Jesu was not taken by force. I love the OT but I am well versed in the NT also.unlike you.all a person has to do is read about the garden incident(I aint talking about ricky nelson and the [garden party]either

your words"Those who are born again, know that they must sacrifice themselvs in order for the new creature to live...."

that is about as dumb as clays statement, do you catholics take stupity 202 in your sunday school classes?

tHE "new creature" lives because he died and it is NOTHING THAT WE DO OR HAVE DONE.as every Born Again Chrsitan willa ttest to

ROBERT, YOU TRY AND ACT LIKE YOU ARE SMART AND ALL IT DOES IS SHOW HOW IGNORANT THAT YOU ARE.

Albuquerque, NM

#420408 Feb 6, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
Didn't St. Michael the Archangel throw satan out of heaven into the powers of hell? Reason St. Michael is the Prince of the Seraphins, head of God's armory

Chuck wrote:
God did
Ezekiel 28:1617
16 In the abundance of your trade
you were filled with violence in your midst, and you sinned;
so I cast you as a profane thing from the mountain of God,
and I destroyed you, O guardian cherub,
from the midst of the stones of fire.

New Age wrote:
No "He" didn't. You both have read wa-a-a-a-ay to much into this book's chapter. It isn't even about "Satan".

But what would one expect, when individuals like you believe you are being told something, when in fact, ifyou had read it yourself, it is very clear that it doesn't say what you both think.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/ ...

New Age writes:
....maybe you guys should stick to the NT only.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#420409 Feb 6, 2013
I still see no answer to my question from hojo,regina,anthony,i didn't think it ws a hard question to answer,you people are afraid,can't believe it. once again,would you still attend/defend the church like you do if one of your children was molested by a priest? what say you?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420410 Feb 6, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i'm constantly around people so i keep a pocket full of mints all the time.
My wife works as a cashier in a pharmacy. She says a few customres usually little old italian men come in and she says their garlic breath is so bad she can't understand how they can be in close quarters with their families. She told one guy off one day that he stunk. He got mad.

Maybe she can hand out mints!

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420411 Feb 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it was a very good question I asked. And one you can't answer.
Its reasonable to think Joseph had children from his first marriage. Its also reasonable...that Joseph (being a devout Jew) would not venture into the Holiest of Arks.
Mary gave birth to Jesus- God made manifest. I can't imagine Joseph thinking its ok to procreate with Mary after God already had.
Clay says.....

.....Its reasonable to think Joseph had children from his first marriage.

Michael says..Come on Claypool!....Its all SPECULATION! and WISHFUL THINKING! ONLY! because it doesn't jibe with catholic ONLY teachings.

...the bible doesn't say that does it Clay?

....But the bible often mentions her other siblings, St Paul says James was the brother of the Lord, but you don't want to believe that.

Remember your own catholic fathers wrote all this stuff.

BUSTED!

Location hidden

#420412 Feb 6, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony
Peace
I think you put it well here....But I don't think its a pathological hatred. He just has to according to his opinion have to downplay the Blessed Mary in every way possible. To accept on even one point destroys his entire understanding of Jesus, upon which he believes he is saved....
In short he is in dire straits. He has built up this whole elaborate position. And to admit he doesn't understand, or has misunderstood something as basic as Jesus' humanity, means for him utter devastation.
It is a danger not of faith, but of belief.
lets look at what God says about mary. not robert.

Luk 2:48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto
him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought
thee sorrowing.
Luk 2:49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I
must be about my Father's business?
Luk 2:50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.

This alone proves that Mary did not fully understand the mission that Jesus was to fulfill.

looks like robert is either ignorant or lying. one or the other. both wrong in the eyes of God.

I understand his humanity and how it evolves,something you dont robert f.lol look at how the embryo begins to function as part of the woman(humanity)
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420413 Feb 6, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
I still see no answer to my question from hojo,regina,anthony,i didn't think it ws a hard question to answer,you people are afraid,can't believe it. once again,would you still attend/defend the church like you do if one of your children was molested by a priest? what say you?
1) If you say you hate perverted priests, they say you hate their church.

2) If you say you aren't catholic, they say you hate God.

3) If you disagree with them, they say you hate their church and you hate God.

Its laughable, how much FEAR they instill in themselves.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#420414 Feb 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaaah....another professed Catholic "stepping out" of Catholicism and being honest.
Are you finally rethinking the truth?
Although I did notice another claim you know what "God" is doing.
Shame on you.
For the majority of RCC history, our good friend's words could have caused him to be burned at the stake and his entire estate turned over to the Church.

Oh that dang Reformation and anti-catholic Bill of Rights. Dang it.

Melbourne, FL

#420415 Feb 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for you Clay...I really do.
God did not use anyone but Christ to crush Satan and Christ surely didn't need any help from Mary....unbelievable
How would almighty God get things right without Mary or another saint whispering in His ear?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#420416 Feb 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lets look at what God says about mary. not robert.
Luk 2:48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto
him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought
thee sorrowing.
Luk 2:49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I
must be about my Father's business?
This alone proves that Mary did not fully understand the mission that Jesus was to fulfill.
looks like robert is either ignorant or lying. one or the other. both wrong in the eyes of God.
I understand his humanity and how it evolves,something you dont robert f.lol look at how the embryo begins to function as part of the woman(humanity)
You really need to start explaining sola scripture Preston. It seems your entire Christian faith is based on how you...and YOU only see the Bible. That in itself is not Biblical.

How can you base so much on something that was never even taught by Jesus Christ Himself?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420417 Feb 6, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
look him up on twitter yourself and invite him here.
Now that that the Pope is tweeting, he can learn about all the bad things going on in so many dioceses right around the world.

No need for the Pope to say anymore... "GEE NOBODY TOLD ME"
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#420418 Feb 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for you Clay...I really do.
God did not use anyone but Christ to crush Satan and Christ surely didn't need any help from Mary....unbelievable
Oh don't feel sorry for me Chuck. Im not the one lost in the world of scripture alone!

Of Course Christ crushed Satan by going to the Cross. But He DID need help from Mary. We all did. Had she said no to the Angel, Christ would not have come into this world. Hello??

Location hidden

#420419 Feb 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it was a very good question I asked. And one you can't answer.
Its reasonable to think Joseph had children from his first marriage. Its also reasonable...that Joseph (being a devout Jew) would not venture into the Holiest of Arks.
Mary gave birth to Jesus- God made manifest. I can't imagine Joseph thinking its ok to procreate with Mary after God already had.
it is very [UNREASONABLE] THAT GROWN MEN AND WOMEN WOULD ACCOMPANY A WOMEN WHO WAS NOT EVEN RELATED TO HER, ISNT IT?lol.

and yes it is very reasonable why Joseph would not enter into the Holiest of arks, SINCE THERE AINT NO SUCH THING.

are you trying to discuss the Holy of Holies that only a high priest could enter?

so it finally comes out, you catholics do think that God had sex with mary, which still would make Jesus half man/half god.

either way, you dont win with false doctrines.

The Bible says that Jesus was her FIRSTBORN and Joseph did not know her intimately UNTIL she gave birth to Jesus. The Bible does not say that she remained a virgin, nor does the Bible say that Jesus was her only child. This teaching that suggests that Mary remained a virgin is antibiblical. Mary did not remain a virgin. This is for certain.

For a woman to remain a virgin while being married to her husband would be considered a sin by God's standards. God created marriage. The two become one flesh and the bed is undefiled in marriage. Mary and Joseph were married in every sense of the word. Joseph took Mary to be his wife, not a roommate.
Had she remained a virgin her entire married life, this would have been very dysfunctional. It would have displeased her husband and the Lord.

The Bible says that Jesus was her FIRSTBORN and Joseph knew her not
(intimately) TILL she gave birth to Jesus. The Bible specifically says that Jesus had brothers and even mentions their names. Jesus had sisters too.

I would love for any catholic to prove that mary never had any more children.

Melbourne, FL

#420420 Feb 6, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
1) If you say you hate perverted priests, they say you hate their church.
2) If you say you aren't catholic, they say you hate God.
3) If you disagree with them, they say you hate their church and you hate God.
Its laughable, how much FEAR they instill in themselves.
I wonder what's worse?

1... Hating their god?

2... Hating their church?

3... Or hating how one of the most powerful institutions on earth acts like a bully and uses its power to block justice for sexually abused orphans?

Personally, I hate boastful, self-righteous bullies.
marge

Ames, IA

#420421 Feb 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to start explaining sola scripture Preston. It seems your entire Christian faith is based on how you...and YOU only see the Bible. That in itself is not Biblical.
How can you base so much on something that was never even taught by Jesus Christ Himself?
But He answered and said, "It is written,'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.'"
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#420422 Feb 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are the idiot that said mary sacrificed her son, not me.
and sorry, but it isnt the least difficult to explain that Jesu was not taken by force. I love the OT but I am well versed in the NT also.unlike you.all a person has to do is read about the garden incident(I aint talking about ricky nelson and the [garden party]either
your words"Those who are born again, know that they must sacrifice themselvs in order for the new creature to live...."
that is about as dumb as clays statement, do you catholics take stupity 202 in your sunday school classes?
tHE "new creature" lives because he died and it is NOTHING THAT WE DO OR HAVE DONE.as every Born Again Chrsitan willa ttest to
ROBERT, YOU TRY AND ACT LIKE YOU ARE SMART AND ALL IT DOES IS SHOW HOW IGNORANT THAT YOU ARE.
Robert does a very good job. This is evident in your frustrations. You been proven in error on your theology.
This has gotta be devastating to someone who's spent their entire lives telling everyone what scripture is saying. Now, rather than admit error, your going to call everyone idiots, including Ignatius; ordained a Bishop by the Apostles.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst woman and Blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Location hidden

#420423 Feb 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
what part of luke saying that mary didnt undestand what jesus was saying confuses you. it isnt me saying that she knew, it was robert and those few verses prove he dont know what he is talking about as Oxbor also showed about him.

that last verse explained it self.

what part of that can you not understand?

does the word[not] mean anything to you, can you understand that?

Mary didnt even know what role her son was going to play in the battle against satan for our very soul, and you catholics are so dumb that you call her a queen of heaven, and the mother of god.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#420424 Feb 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is very [UNREASONABLE] THAT GROWN MEN AND WOMEN WOULD ACCOMPANY A WOMEN WHO WAS NOT EVEN RELATED TO HER, ISNT IT?lol.
and yes it is very reasonable why Joseph would not enter into the Holiest of arks, SINCE THERE AINT NO SUCH THING.
are you trying to discuss the Holy of Holies that only a high priest could enter?
so it finally comes out, you catholics do think that God had sex with mary, which still would make Jesus half man/half god.
either way, you dont win with false doctrines.
The Bible says that Jesus was her FIRSTBORN and Joseph did not know her intimately UNTIL she gave birth to Jesus. The Bible does not say that she remained a virgin, nor does the Bible say that Jesus was her only child. This teaching that suggests that Mary remained a virgin is antibiblical. Mary did not remain a virgin. This is for certain.
For a woman to remain a virgin while being married to her husband would be considered a sin by God's standards. God created marriage. The two become one flesh and the bed is undefiled in marriage. Mary and Joseph were married in every sense of the word. Joseph took Mary to be his wife, not a roommate.
Had she remained a virgin her entire married life, this would have been very dysfunctional. It would have displeased her husband and the Lord.
The Bible says that Jesus was her FIRSTBORN and Joseph knew her not
(intimately) TILL she gave birth to Jesus. The Bible specifically says that Jesus had brothers and even mentions their names. Jesus had sisters too.
I would love for any catholic to prove that mary never had any more children.
Actually, the onus is on you to prove it. Its the Catholic Church's Bible. They get to define it and interpret it. They wrote it, compiled it and printed it.
You got guts butting in and telling them how to read it. Heck, you don't even know if its authentically written by the Apostles? Unless the Apostle Paul told your Grandpa to tell you the 27 books in your KJV Bible are authentic?
For the record, the Bible does not say Mary gave birth to ANYONE but Jesus Christ.
Other than that, you'd be correct in saying that the Bible does not detail her entire life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min ChristineM 753,303
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min KiMare 96,381
Discurso de Nelson Mandela en Nueva York tras s... 9 min khaouater 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min Lyndi 174,516
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Dr_Zorderz 262,017
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 20 min Flower-Child 53,221
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 22 min Ed Teach 31
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 1 hr dubaimassage 121
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Epiphany2 602,716

Top Stories People Search