Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637823 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420534 Feb 6, 2013
forgot to give you that word. it is malak.look it up.

Location hidden

#420535 Feb 6, 2013
and on the mount, it was Jesus in that Burning Bush since he is the [word] of God or Logos,

not an angel

Location hidden

#420536 Feb 6, 2013
for the devil worshipper, teh sda guy.

Mar 9, 2008
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
the Bible says no man hath seen the father but His Son. But I have said several times that on jan 30, 1965, I looked on the face of jesus, and in the time span of being unconscience, there is no telling where I was at. One thing I remember is a bright light(this was a hour or so after I looked on his face) and since I am on the subject of His face, it doesnt even look like the burial cloth that the rcc portrays as His burial cloth. Oops, another lie of the rcc I have exposed!!!

almost 5 years ago. still the same story, and when you are in hell with your buddy satan, ask him if my testimony was real.
socci

Lawson, MO

#420537 Feb 6, 2013
Even if SDA denomination Christians were in error about Michael / Jesus this does not make them satan followers. The JW denomination are certainly in error about Jesus and other beliefs but they are again just in error. Unlike the Mormons who have an entirely different book of Mormon Another Testament - the definition of cult, as do the Catholics who follow the pope in Rome and his catechism.

But SDA & JW are not in error about Michael / Jesus. The Bible study is posted online and is found biblical..

http://biblelight.net/michael.htm

Understand SDA & JW teach this today not from Ellen White or even any new teaching rather long understood Bible truth as the SDA & JW are Historicists while the rest of Christianity has fallen for Scofield Futurism or dispensationalism since c.1900 thus before 1900 most ALL Christianity were Historicist as they are called today and taught much the same as SDA today, with the exception of a few theologies.

For Bible commentary circa 1700 see Matthew Henry (re: Michael / Jesus).

So it is the critics of Michael / Jesus theology who are in error about this and much more. Are they satanists? Probably not.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#420538 Feb 6, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Robert. Normally I don't read their posts at all, maybe once in a blue moon, but that's it. I usually just scroll past when I see their names. Things got slow around here and there weren't any good theological discussions, so I made the mistake of giving them some attention.
They're not back on the "ignore" list.
Just noticed that some are posting that the Blessed Mother is no different than any other who did God's will, that she's no one special! Good Lord! She is the biological mother of Jesus!! It's her blood that runs through His veins!
What are these people thinking??!!!
ARE they thinking??!!!
Regina,the whole point of God and Jesus within the context of the Holy Bible,is to introduce to the human race, EMMANUEL.

If after reading Scripture and seeing that Christ is glorified:His life,teachings,sufferings,arre st,mocking,trial,scourging,cro wned with thorns,crucifixion,His death and Resurrection.One spends more time honoring His earthly mother,and trying to fit her into the whole picture,than the true and everlasting message of the Gospel is lost.

The Bible was not written especially the New Testament to glorify human beings who follow God.YES,many of them are given much attention as to how they followed and served the Living God,BUT,the main MESSAGE is to believe in God and learn about HIM.

If all we conclude when reading the Word of God is our own human effort and beliefs,doings and how we understand God,we are missing what the Bible is to begin with.

The Bible is the blueprint to the LOVE of the Father,Letters as it were of His design and Nature that has been hidden from the human race,due to Man's religious approach to God,rather than God reaching down to us.

Protestants may be wrong to diminish the role of the Blessed Mother of our Lord Jesus Christ,but the truth is she is not meant to be the one we focus on in regards to her Son,but to see H I M,and His relationship to His Father.

Good men who love their mothers are numerous all through history.We can read about good women who raised sons worthy of honor from history books,and even in the lives of our own families.MOST grandmothers and mothers are a tribute to their offspring,not all of course,but most.Even some of the worst people had good grandmothers and mothers who tried to give to them decent morals and attitudes about life.BUT it is in M a n to sin and fall prey to his nature."Sin is a reproach to any people or nation."

We can all honor Mary,it seems that it would be quite impossible to imagine that Mary would be a terrible person,or careless,unloving,a shrew,having given birth to the Holiest and loving human being ever to live.

To even suggest that any Christian would think ill of Mary is proposterous,but the truth is the Bible wants us to focus on Jesus.Every time an Apostle in the New Testament begins a chapter in their Epistle,he salutes and glorifies the Father and the Son in the Holy Spirit,Mary is never mentioned.

If the Apostles did not see fit to constantly bring up Mary's name and role in regards to her Holy Son,they must have had a reason.It was not to show disrespect,but that they were compelled to F O C U S only on Jesus,the Father, and the Holy Spirit.They are the Mystery of faith not Mary or any human being.We can read plenty of books in this earth about other human beings,their achievements,and their parents.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#420539 Feb 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife works as a cashier in a pharmacy. She says a few customres usually little old italian men come in and she says their garlic breath is so bad she can't understand how they can be in close quarters with their families. She told one guy off one day that he stunk. He got mad.
Maybe she can hand out mints!
tell her to go to one of those dollar stores buy a bag of mints and a cheap small dish and put it in plain sight,and maybe people will get the hint :)

usa

#420540 Feb 7, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
1) If you say you hate perverted priests, they say you hate their church.
2) If you say you aren't catholic, they say you hate God.
3) If you disagree with them, they say you hate their church and you hate God.
Its laughable, how much FEAR they instill in themselves.
that seems to be the way it is,but i don't hate a god that has not yet been proven exists,i do not hate catholics,i do hold the catholic higherarchy responsible for the actions of the church,they knew what atrocities were going on and they kept quiet about it,and that is dead wrong.if i ever met the pope (very doubtful)i would not shake his hand or anything like that,i'd get right up in his face and ask him,"how can you live with yourself knowing all the harm you let slide by? what kind of sick man are you?" be a man step forward and be honest with the people,you owe it to them,and if i got angry enough i'd belt him in the mouth for every victim out there.give them a little justice.

usa

#420541 Feb 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok!! We as Catholics "do" believe and "have always believed in Jesus!!! His OWN "expressed, spoken and stated words" in the Gospels regarding His One True (Universal) Church --Matt 16:13-21 and the Eucharist--John 6:47-59 regarding His "True Body and True Blood"-------So---New Age---(the question again is :"Why don't you"????
His One True (Universal) Church --Matt 16:13-21 jethro:it does not say this in the book. it states "my church"
Pad

Fishers, IN

#420542 Feb 7, 2013
TrueWitness wrote:
There is big money involved in being the only true church or denomination if you can get it to grow and expand. Lots of money and problem to go with it like any other business
All through history religions have prospered if they were acknowledged with loyalty and commitment.

Religion is that which enables men and women to look beyond themselves and seek the direction of higher powers whcih are not limited to human understanding.

The trouble lies in the fact that RELIGION is human endeavor to please and to find God,gods,goddesses,spirits and so on,hoping in the long run to APPEASE rather than to suffer punishment for what ever infractions are evidenced in their particular society.

The study of religion,and no doubt a very sophisticated one in the least,brings out the most highest levels of human intelligence,and morality,or the lowest ignorant immoral behavior to base religion on.

We can see today's religions with many different titles but all with the same goal in mind:reaching out from our limited scope to that which is beyond us,and calling that either a deity,orthe plural of many,and spirits as well,because we cannot see them with the naked eye.

Atheists pride themselves in the fact that they choose to reject the effort of human beings to seek the aid of something or someone they cannot see.

The truth of the matter is; that we human beings before we could possibly envision, within our human conscience over the span of many centuries,a higher intelligence,relied on the ELDERS of our societies.The Elders taught us that they sought after that which was not SEEN to guide them a s they proceeded on through life.

Passed down from generation to generation,a belief in some kind of Power that exceeds our limited self.

"Man proposes, God Disposes." We have always been responsible for our own interpretation of what lies beyond our limited self.Atheists choose to rely on the limited self,seeking to expand through stimuli and self determination a course for their involvement in the present life,of which they find themselves in.

All human beings have within them self determination,not a bad thing by any stretch.We however also in improving our own life,knew that through our ELDERS we could in fact rely on what they gained from believing in the UNSEEN forces.All religion is transmitted by the elders of societies through the Written word,and other means,Verbally and so on.

God as we so call H I M in this present age,could be handed down in theory from generation to generation,but there is also the fact that either God is truly an Existing Being or He is not?

Now if and possibly God does exist,He in all true intelligence and DETERMINATION would want His creation to know His design for them even if that design is limited in its scope in order for the created to understand or fathom the mystery of the Creator.

So we can be in three different categories:Atheistic(rejecting any thought of there being such a higher Intelligence),Religious in seeking to fit into one of the many religions that exist to appeal to Man's desire to know the unknown.AND finally to allow the Creator to reveal Himself as the only ONE who can prove His own existence and His revelation of the design He has for all of us.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#420543 Feb 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
It is the Roman Constantine (so called) Church that has no authority ...
IT CANNOT PROVE SCIRIPTUALLY THAT IT'S CONJECTURE IS TRUE.
ALL IT HAS IS THE WHAT THEY HAVE CONJURED UP THEMSELVES AND claimed ALL THESE YEARS...
FOLLOWING THE RULES OF CONSTANTINE-ISM..and communism
WHICH IS
tell a lie...tell it often.... build upon it as if it were true and
some poor ignorant soul will grab hold of it and run with it.
The Roman Constantine-ism pagan religious society is the first original
protestant Religious system ...
They are the group that first broke away from the true Spiritual Christian Church established in Jerusalem...
and
have attempted to hijack the true Church of God in Christ......
establishing a physical dynasty in Rome..
Since the word "Constantine" is not in the bible, NOTHING--ZERO--NOT ONE IOTA-- of "anything" that you have said about him and Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, has any truth at all.
You see Confrinting--your (personal opinion) bible only beliefs are just as "confused, contradicting and distorted AS EVER!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#420544 Feb 7, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>His One True (Universal) Church --Matt 16:13-21 jethro:it does not say this in the book. it states "my church"
From 055 AD PROVEN, VERIFIABLE, AUTHENTICATED and GENUINELY TRUE Church History
has recorded it over and over and over again for over 2000 years. Your "continuous distorted "anti-catholic (bogus and superficial" history books, have not, will not or can EVER change the TRUTH, of Jesus Christ and His (conclusively factual)One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#420545 Feb 7, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>His One True (Universal) Church --Matt 16:13-21 jethro:it does not say this in the book. it states "my church"
It doesn't have to say it!! Church History "conclusively" says it!!
Pad

Fishers, IN

#420546 Feb 7, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful, Anthony.
Throwing a rock at someone else's house is not the appropriate response to a scandal in ourown.
And when they claim they lack such problems, it does little good to point to such stories, as it opens us to a charge of finger-pointing or making excuses.
Much better to pray for them. At most, you could say, "Oh, you poor, naive child.
Not so the Protestants. For some reason, they don't seem to be enough of a threat for our enemy to bother much with them.
It is strange how it never seems to occur to them, or to ask what it is we have, that they lack, that MUST be attacked, MUST be destroyed.
Rob
You give good advice,but I for one do not see that the RCs have something so much more precious that we LACK. What is the most important 3 things you feel as a priest that we L A C K?
Pad

Fishers, IN

#420547 Feb 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the word "Constantine" is not in the bible, NOTHING--ZERO--NOT ONE IOTA-- of "anything" that you have said about him and Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, has any truth at all.
You see Confrinting--your (personal opinion) bible only beliefs are just as "confused, contradicting and distorted AS EVER!!
Actually the prots here like myself,since you must label us do believe that Constantine in fact politicized Christianity,which in fact gave it the impetus to strive to become a theocratic Monarchy.

Charlemagne,although he came centuries later was the reality in Roman Catholicism of a driven Monarchial system to rule over the Kings and Queens of all of Europe,or at least those nations which embraced Christianity.

Charlemagne instituted the Papacy,which divided West from East,and thus you have that 1054 schism between the RCs and the Orthodox.Whether you may see Charlemagne as a positive contributor in this or not,really does not matter,he along with many Catholics bent on political domination really contributed to the future corruption of many popes and RC leaders who ruled with violence,and voila we have the terrible 6 centuries of INQUISITIONS.
ihaveabiblicalna me

Menifee, CA

#420548 Feb 7, 2013
in novissimo sabbatum vernum iuvenes alter pueros debet esse asinus futui.

usa

#420549 Feb 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
your saying since constantines name is not in the bible there is no truth to his involvement? if that is how you think, catholic is meaningless also, since it is not in the bible,nothing--zero--not one iota.when did jesus become a catholic? how old was he? where in the bible/scriptures does he speak about being a pagan/christian? when did he convert from judaism? did he believe in a religious group? you think he believed in judaism just because he was jewish?
truth

Perth, Australia

#420550 Feb 7, 2013
i am still alive
i listen many liars about mother mary as jesus..but..to be virgin is not birth as pleassure..its soul pure soul..

''pure soul''
remember that

usa

#420551 Feb 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok!! We as Catholics "do" believe and "have always believed in Jesus!!! His OWN "expressed, spoken and stated words" in the Gospels regarding His One True (Universal) Church --Matt 16:13-21 and the Eucharist--John 6:47-59 regarding His "True Body and True Blood"-------So---New Age---(the question again is :"Why don't you"????
why won't you answer my question? what are you afraid of? would you defend/support the church like you do if one of your children was molested by a priest?
truth

Perth, Australia

#420552 Feb 7, 2013
because Jesus or mother mary or anyone who is holy as previouse life exist..you need know as alive church..

alive soul as alive church..no we been teach in deference parts of world history culture tradition..you need know soul within is alive force..by

usa

#420553 Feb 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't have to say it!! Church History "conclusively" says it!!
church history conclusively says it? care to show me book and passage that proves it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 min Johnny 3,699
Play "end of the word" part 2 2 min ImFree2Choose 1,448
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min truth 44,219
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min karl44 29,370
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min Pegasus 280,516
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 45 min MUQ2 4,764
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 52 min Card Carrying Zio... 181,925
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr truth 618,234
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Ooogah Boogah 968,837
More from around the web