Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603561 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420324 Feb 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus spoke of this in Matthew and it has nothing to do with Mary.
Matthew 24:The Great Tribulation
15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place”(whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.
Mark 13:14
14 “But when you see the abomination of desolation standing where he ought not to be (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.
**these are future events during the Tribulation
LOOK AT THIS DESCRIPTION OF PETRA. FITS PERFECTLY WITH WHAT YOU ARE PSOTING CONCERNING THIS TIME.http://en.wikipedia.org/w iki/Petra

Established possibly as early as 312 BC as the capital city of the Nabataeans,[1] it is a symbol of Jordan, as well as its most-visited tourist attraction.[2] It lies on the slope of Mount Hor[3] in a basin [among the mountains] which form the eastern flank of Arabah (Wadi Araba), the large valley running from the Dead Sea to the Gulf of Aqaba.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420325 Feb 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus spoke of this in Matthew and it has nothing to do with Mary.
Matthew 24:The Great Tribulation
15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place”(whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.
Mark 13:14
14 “But when you see the abomination of desolation standing where he ought not to be (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.
**these are future events during the Tribulation
Yes I know it is in the future. I meant to imply revelations was scripture referring to referring to shadows of the past script that all pointed to events in the future.
I got distracted as we just had a wreck in front of the house and looks pretty bad. Lights are down at the intersection and two vehicles invoved. Copes and fire truck are there now. I can see it all out of my window.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420326 Feb 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"so of course the REAL MARY obeyed God."
Right. Just like Abraham.
"a woman doesnt have seed, they have an egg, and that "egg" was NEVER fertilized by God. he placed an embyro in her womb, already formed by Him to fulfill that Prophecy."
Absolutely absurd. If there was nothing from Mary, Jesus would not have been also fully man and therefore the Incarnation is a farce. Since you reject the Incarnation you cannot be called a Christian.
Anthony, I ahv e told you and showed you waht transpires sduring the early stages of pregnancy, I cnat do any more. if you are to dense to undersand, you are to dense. I cant help that.

as far as you stating that I am not a christian, that is your opinion and it doesnt match what the bible says. for whosoever calls on the lOrd shall be saved. I did that on 8/25/82 and He answered me and said come and I did and he saved me and it ahd nothing to do with [tap water], it was teh Blood that saved me and 36 hourrs later I received the baptism of teh holy Ghost.

and those are Two Experiences that you dont share with christians since you are a catholic.

My understanding of How God used Mary doesnt play into my being Saved, BUT IT CERTAINLY DOES WITH YOUR LACK OF SALVATION.

I know and understand the REAL MARY, YOU KNOW ONLY THE CATHLIC MARY AND THEY AINT THE SAME PERSON. MINE IS REAL AND YOURS IS FICTIONAL

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420327 Feb 6, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Wilderness/Babylon/Egy pt are all interchnageable and reffered in diffrent places of scripture to get a point across you nut case. Most certainly was not talikng about a wilderness in the scense you are leaning toward. You are Satanic Biggot .
WOW!!!

you are acting just like the devil.

wonder why? hee hee. me laughing at you and your buddy who is riding on your shoulders. watch out for his horns.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420328 Feb 6, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Wilderness/Babylon/Egy pt are all interchnageable and reffered in diffrent places of scripture to get a point across you nut case. Most certainly was not talikng about a wilderness in the scense you are leaning toward. You are Satanic Biggot .
so if we interchangve(your words, not mine) we can find John baptising in Babylon or Egypt but not in the wilderness of the Jordon river.

dont think so!

again; you are a satanic diot.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420329 Feb 6, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you and your hatefilled, vengeance and hostility that you just "seem to want to (hang on to)!!
HOJO, I made a honest assesment of what is the truth concerning how your church[not mine] is handling this dispiciable cardinal Law.

your church[not mine] is protecting him and paying him lots of money.

why is that? what Godly church would wish to harbor a filthy person such as he is.

answer me that if you will?

there was no hatefilled, vengeance(how in the world could I hurt Law) and hostility(when did it become a sin to hate evil)in my post. you inferred that we as christians are fools, I deny that of course, since the sinful nature is being displayed by catholcism, not on our part as Christians
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420330 Feb 6, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I know it is in the future. I meant to imply revelations was scripture referring to referring to shadows of the past script that all pointed to events in the future.
I got distracted as we just had a wreck in front of the house and looks pretty bad. Lights are down at the intersection and two vehicles invoved. Copes and fire truck are there now. I can see it all out of my window.
And Revelation 12:6 refers to a time during the Great Tribulation and the Woman(Israel).

"woman being with child and giving birth".. didn't Jesus from the line of David, come fom Israel??
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420331 Feb 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>WOW!!!
you are acting just like the devil.
wonder why? hee hee. me laughing at you and your buddy who is riding on your shoulders. watch out for his horns.
Whoa!! you hit a nerve.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420332 Feb 6, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I know it is in the future. I meant to imply revelations was scripture referring to referring to shadows of the past script that all pointed to events in the future.
I got distracted as we just had a wreck in front of the house and looks pretty bad. Lights are down at the intersection and two vehicles invoved. Copes and fire truck are there now. I can see it all out of my window.
Rev 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman(Israel) who had given birth to the male child(Jesus). 14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle(God's protection) so that she might fly from the serpent(Satan) into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time(1,260 days). 15 The serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, to sweep her away with a flood. 16 But the earth came to the help of the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river that the dragon had poured from his mouth. 17 Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stood on the sand of the sea.

**to sum it up..Satan wants to destroy the woman(Israel) during the Great Tribulation.....not Mary

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420333 Feb 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
And Revelation 12:6 refers to a time during the Great Tribulation and the Woman(Israel).
"woman being with child and giving birth".. didn't Jesus from the line of David, come fom Israel??
I dont think that sda's believe in the Trib and the rapture which is why he is so adamant against what you are saying.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420334 Feb 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa!! you hit a nerve.
I spotted him as a child of satan several years ago, and like the devil, he hates me.

I guess that he thinks that I have the power to enforce "sunday laws". which will make him to have the "mark of the beast"
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#420335 Feb 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Anthony, I ahv e told you and showed you waht transpires sduring the early stages of pregnancy, I cnat do any more. if you are to dense to undersand, you are to dense. I cant help that.
as far as you stating that I am not a christian, that is your opinion and it doesnt match what the bible says. for whosoever calls on the lOrd shall be saved. I did that on 8/25/82 and He answered me and said come and I did and he saved me and it ahd nothing to do with [tap water], it was teh Blood that saved me and 36 hourrs later I received the baptism of teh holy Ghost.
and those are Two Experiences that you dont share with christians since you are a catholic.
My understanding of How God used Mary doesnt play into my being Saved, BUT IT CERTAINLY DOES WITH YOUR LACK OF SALVATION.
I know and understand the REAL MARY, YOU KNOW ONLY THE CATHLIC MARY AND THEY AINT THE SAME PERSON. MINE IS REAL AND YOURS IS FICTIONAL
Enough with your stupid stories. You're a patholigical delusional narcissist.

"I ahv e told you and showed you waht transpires sduring the early stages of pregnancy, I cnat do any more. if you are to dense to undersand, you are to dense. I cant help that."

We both know what transpires in human conception. What you deny is the Incarnation. You deny the conception taking place IN HER WOMB and dream up some fantasy about an embryo being placed there. You deny that Christ was both fully man and God.

Your understanding of how God "used" Mary does play into your salvation because you're denial of the Incarnation makes you a non-Christian, and non-Christians who know the truth and reject it out of some patholigical hatred of the Blessed Virgin aren't saved.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420336 Feb 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>so if we interchangve(your words, not mine) we can find John baptising in Babylon or Egypt but not in the wilderness of the Jordon river.
dont think so!
again; you are a satanic diot.
Now you are the ones changing to another subject outside of Revelation where it is referring to the church in th ewilderness and this did happen during the dark ages and persecution of the church which was in Spiritual Egypt and Mystrey Babylon you idiot.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420337 Feb 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough with your stupid stories. You're a patholigical delusional narcissist.
"I ahv e told you and showed you waht transpires sduring the early stages of pregnancy, I cnat do any more. if you are to dense to undersand, you are to dense. I cant help that."
We both know what transpires in human conception. What you deny is the Incarnation. You deny the conception taking place IN HER WOMB and dream up some fantasy about an embryo being placed there. You deny that Christ was both fully man and God.
Your understanding of how God "used" Mary does play into your salvation because you're denial of the Incarnation makes you a non-Christian, and non-Christians who know the truth and reject it out of some patholigical hatred of the Blessed Virgin aren't saved.
In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

even after being Saved, I still was thirsting for something more and god knew that and gave to me that precious gift.

when you can meet me on that equal ground. come and talk to me about being a Christian.

my knowledge of how a baby is formed in the womb far outsources that of you, only in my belief is Jesus fully man and fully God, since there was no queen of heaven involved.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420338 Feb 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
And Revelation 12:6 refers to a time during the Great Tribulation and the Woman(Israel).
"woman being with child and giving birth".. didn't Jesus from the line of David, come fom Israel??
our looking backward to the old testament church and shadow of things to come which is being referred to in rev.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420339 Feb 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman(Israel) who had given birth to the male child(Jesus). 14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle(God's protection) so that she might fly from the serpent(Satan) into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time(1,260 days). 15 The serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, to sweep her away with a flood. 16 But the earth came to the help of the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river that the dragon had poured from his mouth. 17 Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stood on the sand of the sea.
**to sum it up..Satan wants to destroy the woman(Israel) during the Great Tribulation.....not Mary
True however it still has a dual application the the CHURCH.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420340 Feb 6, 2013
lets look at waht ambrose himself said about this.

Moreover, when expounding the Gospel according to Luke, he [i.e. Ambrose] says: "It was no cohabitation with a husband which opened the secrets of the Virgin's womb; rather was it the Holy Ghost which infused immaculate seed into her unviolated womb. For the Lord Jesus alone of those who are born of woman is holy, inasmuch as He experienced not the contact of earthly corruption, by reason of the novelty of His immaculate birth; nay, He repelled it by His heavenly majesty."

now if her womb was unviolated, then no egg dropped down from her ovaries, leading me with only one conclusion.

this [seed] was a completed embryo, nothing less will produce a baby.lol.

jousting with you anthony is like cassius clay fighting liston, the winner was known before the fight even took place

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#420341 Feb 6, 2013
295
Anthony MN wrote:
Mary is the Immaculate Ark of the New Covenant.
Exodus 25:11-21 - the ark of the Old Covenant was made of the purest gold for God's Word. Mary is the ark of the New Covenant and is the purest vessel for the Word of God made flesh.
2 Sam. 6:7 - the Ark is so holy and pure that when Uzzah touched it, the Lord slew him. This shows us that the Ark is undefiled. Mary the Ark of the New Covenant is even more immaculate and undefiled, spared by God from original sin so that she could bear His eternal Word in her womb.
1 Chron. 13:9-10 - this is another account of Uzzah and the Ark. For God to dwell within Mary the Ark, Mary had to be conceived without sin. For Protestants to argue otherwise would be to say that God would let the finger of Satan touch His Son made flesh. This is incomprehensible.
1 Chron. 15 and 16 - these verses show the awesome reverence the Jews had for the Ark - veneration, vestments, songs, harps, lyres, cymbals, trumpets.
Luke 1:39 / 2 Sam. 6:2 - Luke's conspicuous comparison's between Mary and the Ark described by Samuel underscores the reality of Mary as the undefiled and immaculate Ark of the New Covenant. In these verses, Mary (the Ark) arose and went / David arose and went to the Ark. There is a clear parallel between the Ark of the Old and the Ark of the New Covenant.
Luke 1:41 / 2 Sam. 6:16 - John the Baptist / King David leap for joy before Mary / Ark. So should we leap for joy before Mary the immaculate Ark of the Word made flesh.
Luke 1:43 / 2 Sam. 6:9 - How can the Mother / Ark of the Lord come to me? It is a holy privilege. Our Mother wants to come to us and lead us to Jesus.
Luke 1:56 / 2 Sam. 6:11 and 1 Chron. 13:14 - Mary / the Ark remained in the house for about three months.
Rev 11:19 - at this point in history, the Ark of the Old Covenant was not seen for six centuries (see 2 Macc. 2:7), and now it is finally seen in heaven. The Jewish people would have been absolutely amazed at this. However, John immediately passes over this fact and describes the "woman" clothed with the sun in Rev. 12:1. John is emphasizing that Mary is the Ark of the New Covenant and who, like the Old ark, is now worthy of veneration and praise. Also remember that Rev. 11:19 and Rev. 12:1 are tied together because there was no chapter and verse at the time these texts were written.
Rev 12:1 - the "woman" that John is describing is Mary, the Ark of the New Covenant, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. Just as the moon reflects the light of the sun, so Mary, with the moon under her feet, reflects the glory of the Sun of Justice, Jesus Christ.
Rev. 12:17 - this verse tells us that Mary's offspring are those who keep God's commandments and bear testimony to Jesus. This demonstrates, as Catholics have always believed, that Mary is the Mother of all Christians.
This is the most asinine statement I have seen on this forum..."Mary is the Immaculate Ark of the New Covenant" and, definitely, cannot be supported by the Word of God.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#420342 Feb 6, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>our looking backward to the old testament church and shadow of things to come which is being referred to in rev.
prove it.lol

John was a NT Minister therefore he was telling the History of Israel and also then he began to tell of the Future of Israel as a nation which when he wrote of these revelations, Israel no longer historically was a nation as they had been defeated and overrun by the roman empire

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#420343 Feb 6, 2013
zander714 wrote:
I see a person waking up to the fallacy of the Church.
The so-called "Church" has never been defined clearly.

Do you have a definition that is viable?

Now...as for "waking up to the fallacy of the Church", indicates that you have an issue with what is being defined as the "Church" and not of the Roman Catholic Church, which this forum is about.

Are you sure you mean what you say?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 min RiccardoFire 8,331
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Buck Crick 880,675
The Christian Atheist debate 14 min Stilgar Fifrawi 4,056
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 17 min andet1987 6,407
Convert DVD to MP4 - Guides of ripping DVD to MP4 (Jul '10) 26 min maryannie 3
Anti-Gay Marriage Celebs Who Turned Up Gay :) 45 min andet1987 1
I'm looking for a writer to write my true story (Nov '08) 1 hr Survivor 234
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 hr waaasssuuup 7,653
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr Lyndi 177,899
More from around the web