Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,413
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420205 Feb 5, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I cant speak to what Fr. Rob may have meant. However if you are throwing a stone just for the sake of throwing a stone then I would agree. However, if we are to avoid the perception of its a uniquely Catholic issue which is what is portrayed then it is better for everyone to acknowledge the facts. Otherwise isnt failure to acknowledge or take action elsewhere because its only a Catholic issue contribute to the problem? You want to go after the perpetrators alone and not just the insitution then fine. If you want to go after people who listened to psychiatrists fine, but then lets have a universal policy and also psychologists held accountable, police, school administrators etc. So here we have the BBC which mercilessly attacked the church, but when its discovered one of their own abused about 460 children known the head of the BBC knew nothing. He didnt even know anything about the contents of a letter which he hired an attorney to draft.
http://blogs.ssrc.org/tif/2012/07/13/placing-...
A Dutch commission has found that sexual abuse of children after they have been forcibly taken from troubled homes and put into state-funded institutions is common. It estimates around 23 percent of such children are abused - more than three times the national average.
The commission was set up in May 2010 during a similar investigation into Catholic boarding homes.
Chairwoman Rieke Samson said Monday the commission has since received more than 800 complaints, some dating back decades, and referred 42 of them to prosecutors.
The commission found that more than half of abuse came at the hands of other, often older children.
Adult men were the abusers in around two-thirds of the remaining cases, while girls made up two-thirds of victims.
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/dutch-commis...
Lets be clear.

....... Put all guilty perpitrators away so they don't harm anyone again. That includes anyone from any profession and that includes ANYONE who had first hand knowledge of these crimes who LIED, DECEIVED and COVERED up these crimes to protect the perptitrators and their institution.

Do you agree?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#420206 Feb 5, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I cant speak to what Fr. Rob may have meant. However if you are throwing a stone just for the sake of throwing a stone then I would agree. However, if we are to avoid the perception of its a uniquely Catholic issue which is what is portrayed then it is better for everyone to acknowledge the facts. Otherwise isnt failure to acknowledge or take action elsewhere because its only a Catholic issue contribute to the problem? You want to go after the perpetrators alone and not just the insitution then fine. If you want to go after people who listened to psychiatrists fine, but then lets have a universal policy and also psychologists held accountable, police, school administrators etc. So here we have the BBC which mercilessly attacked the church, but when its discovered one of their own abused about 460 children known the head of the BBC knew nothing. He didnt even know anything about the contents of a letter which he hired an attorney to draft.
http://blogs.ssrc.org/tif/2012/07/13/placing-...
A Dutch commission has found that sexual abuse of children after they have been forcibly taken from troubled homes and put into state-funded institutions is common. It estimates around 23 percent of such children are abused - more than three times the national average.
The commission was set up in May 2010 during a similar investigation into Catholic boarding homes.
Chairwoman Rieke Samson said Monday the commission has since received more than 800 complaints, some dating back decades, and referred 42 of them to prosecutors.
The commission found that more than half of abuse came at the hands of other, often older children.
Adult men were the abusers in around two-thirds of the remaining cases, while girls made up two-thirds of victims.
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/dutch-commis...
I think what Fr. Dye is saying is we should take our well deserved lumps, learn from it and be confident in the fact that it's God's way of bringing about a renewal to holiness in the Church and a discarding of the filth and worldliness of the post Vatican II regime. It's happening now. Our parish has been a "training parish" for new priests out of seminary for years and I can't tell you how good it is to see these holy and orthodox men coming through the doors.

And he's right that Satan sees the Church as his enemy. He's not worried about the chaos in protestantism and he's happy to let them be fooled into believing they're safe from the scourge of abuse. I can't and won't spend my time posting protestant stories of abuse because it turns my stomach, and I also don't want to be like them. They're scared, they lack faith in their own systems and want to drag us down to their level. All they have on us is the scandal, I feel sorry for them.
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#420207 Feb 5, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina M. says......
. I agree with what you're saying and am of the mind that the problems within the Church are bad enough! without the lies, distortions, and exaggerations that most non-Catholics indulge in.
Michael says.
OK ReginaM. Please tell us what lies, distortions and exaggerations are being made?
You made the statement, back up what you claim?
.....Yes the problems in your church are bad enough and catholics like you have done nothing to stop them. Nothing I say!
Remember you pay all the bills of your church. You pay the salaries/benefits of the clergy in your diocese, including all the bad ones. You pay the light and heat bills. You pay for the candles, carpeting, stain glass windows, incense. Shouldn't you expect more from them? Shouldn't catholics be more proactive in finding out what the hell has been going on instead of deflecting the blame on people exposing these sinful characters?
Get your priorities straight. Roll up your sleeves and start demanding accountability. Remember the followers pay all the freight.
No one is saying anything bad about your church. Just the bad apples.
This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Anyone who engages in any kind of dialogue with you...*or anyone like you*... about *anything* to do with the Catholic Church should have their head examined.

You are owed no explanations, you are owed *Nothing*.

No, no one is saying anything bad about the Church. What an arrogant little.....
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#420208 Feb 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally, someone who says he knows who the real church that Christ started is. Don't keep us in suspense son... Which one of you 42,000 is it??
The church that Christ built (Him being the cornerstone and the apostles as the foundation) would look and operate the way the first century church did, correct? It would follow the teachings established by Jesus and his inspired disciples. This means it could not be a division from the original first century church. It will worship in the exact same manner the first century church did. Find THAT church that is unencumbered by man's influence like the 42,000+ divisions have been, and you will find the real church that Christ started.

Bear in mind, just because it wears the name of Christ, does not mean it is Christ's church, but I am highly doubtful that Christ's church would wear any name other than Christ. Therefore, if I were you I wouldn't begin my search for Christ's church unless Christ's name is on it.

If you are legitimately searching for it, you'll find it.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420209 Feb 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Mike, but you never did post about abuse in protestant communities or public schools, and I doubt you'll make it to dinner before the next batch of Catholic abuse stories come...
Anthony says...

...Thanks Mike, but you never did post about abuse in protestant communities or public schools,

Michael says....Father Rob says, do not bring others into the mix. Look after your own. I am following orders of Father Rob.

You posted about others, outside your own. A ROOKIE mistake.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420210 Feb 5, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who engages in any kind of dialogue with you...*or anyone like you*... about *anything* to do with the Catholic Church should have their head examined.
No, no one is saying anything bad about the Church. What an arrogant little.....
You made the comment. I am asking you to clarify what you posted. If you don't want to, then don't make such comments.

You wonder why people show anger towards your church/leaders? Read below.

... I posted this morning about how Cardinal Law from Boston shamed himself, cost his diocese $600 MILLION, left destruction of dozens of children, resigned his position, then brought to Rome by the Pope, and was PROMOTED to the head of a Basilica in Rome, instructing american bishops, making $120,000 a year.

You think that is OK? You wonder why people show anger towards your church/leaders? Former Cardinal Law is just the tip of the iceburg. Give me examples of someone who caused so much destruction that was later promoted to position that pays more than he made as a Cardinal.

What will Cardinal Mahonys legacy be? Have you been following his story? Did you read about Cardinal Gomez stripping Cardinal Mahony of his administrative duties?

I know ReginaM. we shouldn't know about any of this. I say BALONEY!

What is it about the truth I posted that you don't want to accept?

UNBELIEVABLE!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#420211 Feb 5, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The church that Christ built (Him being the cornerstone and the apostles as the foundation) would look and operate the way the first century church did, correct? It would follow the teachings established by Jesus and his inspired disciples. This means it could not be a division from the original first century church. It will worship in the exact same manner the first century church did. Find THAT church that is unencumbered by man's influence like the 42,000+ divisions have been, and you will find the real church that Christ started.
Bear in mind, just because it wears the name of Christ, does not mean it is Christ's church, but I am highly doubtful that Christ's church would wear any name other than Christ. Therefore, if I were you I wouldn't begin my search for Christ's church unless Christ's name is on it.
If you are legitimately searching for it, you'll find it.
From the NABre pope approved Catholic Bible...regards Mt 16:18

Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation.That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

You don't believe the teaching in your own Bible???!!!!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#420212 Feb 5, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM.

FACT: If there were no bad clergy, there would be no stories.

Are you getting it yet?

If there was no news to watch tonight at 6:00 oclock what would you do?

Our world operates on news. Good or bad, the stories have to be told.

My dear, you must learn to direct your anger towards those that did wrong, not towards those that do right.

Now I am going to eat my dinner....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#420213 Feb 5, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert...question for you
besides the obvious(Jesus' mother) what is the difference between some like Abraham and Mary? Weren't they both faithful servants of God?
God said of Abraham: Now the Lord said to Abram,“Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.
Chuck new friend

It is hard to find a difference....

I would compare Abraham and Mary in that they both offered up their son's as a sacrifice. Abraham's was spared death, and Mary's was not..., And both of them, Isaac and Jesus, carried up the wood up where they were offered in the same place, and different times, but different names(Mt Moriah, Calvary).

It was Mary's ultimate trust in the Will of God, that allowed her to offer up Jesus, as Jesus did the Will of God. Such a trust was rewarded in a different way than Abraham. His faith was rewarded in a sense of faith that he would be the father of nations. But Mary would be of an eternal nature, that of being the Mother of the Church

The dynamics of God's revelation of himself in Christ, has made the Grace of God more working in the faithful more apparent to those who adhere(abide) in God....
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#420214 Feb 5, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
We all love our grandmothers too. Why not prayers to Jesus grandmother? Because the church says no. I am sure you love your father as much as your mother for your upbringing, why no praise for step father Joseph??
Why does the church stiff arm Jesus step father Joseph? Didn't he have just as much parental guidance of the raising of Jesus as his mother Mary would have? No accolades to him?? Why? Because the church says no.
Can't you see, the church scripts everything the way they want it, and you just follow along without question.
I am sure you loved YOUR father as much as your mother, and wouldn't seperate their love for you. You do that when you don't thank Joseph Jesus step-father.
Don you know who the grandmother would be?---- St. Ann sill, Mary's mother. St. Ann is the patron saint of seamstress's. I've asked st. ann many times to guide me in my work.
----
As for St. Joseph...not much in scripture on this guy. The last thing in bible about him was when Jesus escaped from Mary & Joseph and they searched and searched for him finding him in the temple, teaching the priests. It's believed that Joseph passed away after that. But what better way to go than being close to Jesus and Mary. Keep in mind that Joseph was not his father, but that God is his father. I know, it's all a mystery. So Michael, I don't believe the church says no just to upset those like you. If there's no other info out there, they do not make it up as I believe other religious mere mortals may, they say nothing because nothing more is known. Joseph was quite old when he married Mary, he was married for 50 yrs. with children and his wife died.
Those in our church know lots more info. than I. yes, I depend on those folks for their knowledge and guidance.
Keep in mind, God loves you.

socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#420215 Feb 5, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
The church that Christ built (Him being the cornerstone and the apostles as the foundation) would look and operate the way the first century church did, correct? It would follow the teachings established by Jesus and his inspired disciples.

This certainly was not the universal catholic Roman Church rather the Nazarene Christians spoken of in the book of Acts and various historians..

• Nazarenes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazarene_%28sect...

We know what they believed and again it was not what Rome teaches. The Roman Church came along later founded by Simon Magus who blended Egyptian religions with Christianity for a syncronism or universal system of followers. Magus founded a church at Rome and had a statue erected in his honor as a powerful gnostic magi.

Also in the 1st century Christianity was carried to England by Jesus' uncle Joseph of Arimathea.(you can research that one yourself) They built a church there (tho i dont believe the claims of royals descent).
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420216 Feb 5, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck new friend
I would compare Abraham and Mary in that they both offered up their son's as a sacrifice. Abraham's was spared death, and Mary's was not..., And both of them, Isaac and Jesus, carried up the wood up where they were offered in the same place, and different times, but different names(Mt Moriah, Calvary).
It was Mary's ultimate trust in the Will of God, that allowed her to offer up Jesus, as Jesus did the Will of God. Such a trust was rewarded in a different way than Abraham. His faith was rewarded in a sense of faith that he would be the father of nations. But Mary would be of an eternal nature, that of being the Mother of the Church
The dynamics of God's revelation of himself in Christ, has made the Grace of God more working in the faithful more apparent to those who adhere(abide) in God....
But my point is Mary is just another faithful obedient servant who did the will of God. No different than Abraham, Joshua, Moses, Paul, the list goes on and on...all faithful obedient servants of God.

And yet Mary is the one put up on a pedestal, honored, and adored...why? She was submissive to God and that's it jst like the others..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#420217 Feb 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
All they have on us is the scandal....
AND:

- that you don't follow all of what Jesus taught.
- you believe in less than six of the original 13 Apostles
- you believe that men know "God"
- you believe that "God" limits his inspiration
- that you cannot define the so-called "Church" correctly and accurately

Shall I continue?

Location hidden

#420218 Feb 5, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael says...."Regina M. says"
ReginaM says.....ReginaM didn't say that. ReginaM copied and pasted a quote from St. Augustine, and the quote is cited as such.
ReginaM says.....Michael should learn to read and stop desperately seeking attention every second of every day.
ReginaM says...Michael is BUSTED....again.
ReginaM
Peace

I don't pay any attention to his writing anymore. They are anti-Christ, and anti-theistic in nature. It took me awhile to "let go".

He believes his conscience makes him a more righteous, when in fact he is but a miserable creature now. His message is for destruction not only of the RCC, but of anything concerning God....How awful.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#420219 Feb 5, 2013
Regina M. says......
. I agree with what you're saying and am of the mind that the problems within the Church are bad enough! without the lies, distortions, and exaggerations that most non-Catholics indulge in.

Michael says.
OK ReginaM. Please tell us what lies, distortions and exaggerations are being made?
You made the statement, back up what you claim?
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Non-answer and diversion.

You do know the difference between when someone says "your church" and the so-called "Church", right?

Apparently you don't.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#420220 Feb 5, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck new friend
There is no Scripture that even hints of Mary "offering her son as a sacrifice".....

It does teach: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Location hidden

#420221 Feb 5, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
But my point is Mary is just another faithful obedient servant who did the will of God. No different than Abraham, Joshua, Moses, Paul, the list goes on and on...all faithful obedient servants of God.
And yet Mary is the one put up on a pedestal, honored, and adored...why? She was submissive to God and that's it jst like the others..
Chuck new friend

I understand what you are saying. But don't you think she has a unique position? She is to Jesus the only earthly mother He had....And that he was under her care as a child....Is there anyone else on this earth given by God such a grace and such an honor and responibiliy?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#420222 Feb 5, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth
I agree with you here. Some like preston consider that Jesus' kinsfolk are mocking Jesus here calling him out of his mind. But I just can't see it like that.
I see his kin as being concerned for Jesus' health and safety, and the expression used here is a bit more dramtic in the story, to show how extreme the situation exists.
The question is as Jesus was concerned for eternal salvation for humanity, is that a sane thing for God to demonstrate? In the post ressurrection world, we of course say ,"Yes." But before the glory of Jesus revelation of the Father it would be very difficult to see....
Amen they were concernd not imbarrased for Christ safety due to the crowd that is why Christ had the apostles/disciples to wait with the boat.
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#420223 Feb 5, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM
Peace
I don't pay any attention to his writing anymore. They are anti-Christ, and anti-theistic in nature. It took me awhile to "let go".
He believes his conscience makes him a more righteous, when in fact he is but a miserable creature now. His message is for destruction not only of the RCC, but of anything concerning God....How awful.
Thank you, Robert. Normally I don't read their posts at all, maybe once in a blue moon, but that's it. I usually just scroll past when I see their names. Things got slow around here and there weren't any good theological discussions, so I made the mistake of giving them some attention.
They're not back on the "ignore" list.

Just noticed that some are posting that the Blessed Mother is no different than any other who did God's will, that she's no one special! Good Lord! She is the biological mother of Jesus!! It's her blood that runs through His veins!
What are these people thinking??!!!

ARE they thinking??!!!
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#420224 Feb 5, 2013
Correction: They're *now* back on the "ignore" list.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Clark Griswold 778,035
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Pegasus 265,424
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 min Anti-Christ 441,819
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 36 min anonemys 190
Moses never existed 41 min KiMare 815
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 55 min Rosa_Winkel 96,849
Is A Race War Brewing? 56 min Truthspeaks19 57
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr lil whispers 605,320
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 8 hr yon 4,875
More from around the web