Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665182 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

MICHAEL

Canada

#420381 Feb 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm....sounds like an alien abduction leading to an alien probe that had inserted the embryo surrogately.
Sounds to me, this scenario is just as plausible as your sepculation.

&li st=PL147A55EF29AAB54B

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#420382 Feb 6, 2013
364 295
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion of what can be supported by scripture is meaningless to Christians.
Non refutable truth. Proof of that statement is in the fact that you did not, because you cannot. deny the truth as I expressed..

This is the most asinine statement I have seen on this forum..."Mary is the Immaculate Ark of the New Covenant" and, definitely, cannot be supported by the Word of God.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420383 Feb 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am sure. So is the first 1,800 yrs of Christianity.
So where does your church stand on this passage:

Matt 1:24 When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife, 25 but KNEW her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#420384 Feb 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion of what can be supported by scripture is meaningless to Christians.
"Stepping out" are we Anthony?

Soooo...all the "infallible interpretations" you use are just as meaningless?

I agree.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#420385 Feb 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am sure. So is the first 1,800 yrs of Christianity. Including the first few hundred yrs of Protestantism. Then, the conspiracy Christians came along and changed everything.
Look, the only thing you'll get out of me is my acknowledgment that you have a point in Marian theology, ONLY if you read the Bible like any other book. ONLY if you think everything about Christianity should be blatantly spelled out in detail in scriptures. If you do, then that is a strange doctrine.
"Mary takes away glory to God"
Baloney, and more baloney. Acknowledging Mary like Catholics do can only give glory to God.
"ONLY if you read the Bible like any other book."

Reality #1... Mary is barely mentioned.

Reality #2... Mary was not mentioned in the First Nicene Creed.

Reality #3... Mary is today a Roman Catholic goddess in all but name only.

The rosary,

the title of queen,

the most important church apparition of all time tells us that to save souls we must show more devotion to Mary's Sacred Heart -- not God.

At what point does "devotion to me or else" become "worship me or else?"

You tell us Clay.

Albuquerque, NM

#420386 Feb 6, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
take a break from this truth. we are not all evil on hear. remember what our dear Pope Benedict XVI is into this yr. Social media, but he wants us to act right on these social medias. Be the true catholic you know you are. don't fall into the evil traps of others on here.
I get knocked down alot, never claim to know it all, although some think because you are a catholic you know it all, how can you do this or agree with that.....crazy people...
what they fail to remember is that we are only human and make mistakes also but we also try to live as though Jesus is sitting right next to us. and he is in a sense.
so please, don't go away. enjoy reading your posts. you are very informative.
Trust in God....
Do you think you can get the Pope to join us here?

I'd like to hear his take on this RCC claim.

I know, I doubt it too. He couldn't support it, so why even bother with posting, huh?

Albuquerque, NM

#420387 Feb 6, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
confrint
Good point/question....
I actually do think that people can live by the Spirit of God, with the fruits of the Spirit being exampled in their lives, without having a saving knowledge of Jesus.(And God will Judge them accordingly. It will be interesting to see how vast the multitude might be....)
For me personally, yes I have accepted Jesus Christ as Savior, been baptized, and confess His Name. I have received the Holy Spirit, that leads me, and councils me in Truth.
I think all things are possible with God. And that for istance, there were Jews prior to Jesus and after Jesus that display the fruits of the Spirit.(Also people of other religions.)
Again to think that the fruit of the Spirit is exclusive to some one person or group, such as Christians, is very much diminishing the Mind of God, and His Goodness.
Aaaah....another professed Catholic "stepping out" of Catholicism and being honest.

Are you finally rethinking the truth?

Although I did notice another claim you know what "God" is doing.

Shame on you.

Albuquerque, NM

#420388 Feb 6, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HszAKFsIc8QXX&list=PL147A 55EF29AAB54B
blocked - yep I think it is a conspiracy.

:o)
Clay

Garden City, MI

#420389 Feb 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't take glory away from God????? You mentioned Mary crushes Satan??? really...I thought Christ did at the cross.... you're a clown
You think I believe Mary operates outside of God??
No wonder you called me a clown!
Its God who used Mary to crush the head of the Serpent.

Anyway Chuck, could you show me where Christ says ' everything about Me and my Mother shall be explicitly spelled out in detail- in these various letters and memoirs of a future Bible?
Thanks
Catholic Girl

United States

#420390 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you think you can get the Pope to join us here?
I'd like to hear his take on this RCC claim.
I know, I doubt it too. He couldn't support it, so why even bother with posting, huh?
look him up on twitter yourself and invite him here.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#420391 Feb 6, 2013
We live in an age of reality.

The phony RCC manifestations and mystical claims of yesteryear are an embarrassment.

We can now use DNA and other scientific tests to discover the truth.

So in today's world -- when a Eucharist shows up that appears to be made of human flesh, the police are called -- not the Pope.

Truth is good for the soul.
Catholic Girl

United States

#420392 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>
blocked - yep I think it is a conspiracy.
:o)
maybe it's inappropriate.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#420393 Feb 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>mary, the blessed virgin(does that satisfy you, clay) only remained a virgin until after Jesus was born, and then mary and Joseph did what many married couples do, they had more babies.lol.
and then like husbands and wives do, they named them. second was James and right on down the line with a couple of little girls mixed in the romper room to make things interesting
You can't show any of that from scripture. What kind of sola scripturist are you anyway?

Show me a verse where Mary gave birth to anybody but Jesus.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#420394 Feb 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyway Chuck, could you show me where Christ says ' everything about Me and my Mother shall be explicitly spelled out in detail- in these various letters and memoirs of a future Bible?
Thanks
I feel sorry for you Clay...I really do.

God did not use anyone but Christ to crush Satan and Christ surely didn't need any help from Mary....unbelievable

Location hidden

#420395 Feb 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
clat, any person that claims to be a Chrsitian KNOWS that it is and was Jesus that defeated the devil at the cross. because the devil deceived Eve, you want to make mary just like her?lol.

because eve was deceived, death came into the human race. because Jesus died, eternal life came for the christian.

therefore there is no room for mary to share in His Glory.

mary is dead, she was a surrogate mom and her time was then over. she had no power to defeat the mightest angel that God created and only the son of God is able to do that. even michael cant touch satan without the approval of God.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#420396 Feb 6, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly! Probably 1/4 of one. I can't take it. I like garlic but i can't eat it like candy.
How is your breath?(lol)
i'm constantly around people so i keep a pocket full of mints all the time.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#420397 Feb 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, mary doesnt even begin to compare with Abraham, first he left his home obeying the Lord, then most of all, he was willing to give up his son, the son that he loved so much.
key words for u, robert.[willing to give up].
while mary had no choice in the matter, Jesus was taken by force.
therefore in the eyes of God, Abraham was much more the better servant than mary could ever be
for it is written, it is better to Obey than to sacrifice(thats in the Bible for you robert and not changed by me).and since I love the OT, you can find it there.
preston

I am sorry I disagree....You may love the O.T., as it still remains the promise under the law, but there is something better, the N.T. where the promise is fulfilled in Jesus Christ.

Please note John 10:17-18

" Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."

It is difficult to explain to you that Jesus was not taken by force, but rather it was his power and will, doing the Will of the Father, which agreed toward His Sacrifice, and Ressurrection.

Those who are born again, know that they must sacrifice themselvs in order for the new creature to live....

So again, I say to you, Repent and be born again.
Catholic Girl

United States

#420398 Feb 6, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for you Clay...I really do.
God did not use anyone but Christ to crush Satan and Christ surely didn't need any help from Mary....unbelievable

Didn't St. Michael the Archangel throw satan out of heaven into the powers of hell? Reason St. Michael is the Prince of the Seraphins, head of God's armory.

Location hidden

#420399 Feb 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't show any of that from scripture. What kind of sola scripturist are you anyway?
Show me a verse where Mary gave birth to anybody but Jesus.
dont act so stupid. do you think that Joseph had them by himself?

that question is about as dumb and dumb can get.

it is almost as bad as saying that mary had an egg and gave herself sperm to Have jesus, which you catholics will probably claim next.

Albuquerque, NM

#420400 Feb 6, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
look him up on twitter yourself and invite him here.
I don't have a Twitter account. Can you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min Clearwater 87,945
Yanbu Gays (May '15) 15 min octafus 19
Weed Dundee Scotland (Mar '16) 32 min Randyballs 4
Blacks need to be deported NOW! (Oct '10) 35 min Johnny 198
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 42 min God Is Dead 619,172
Forbidden sex 47 min sinaa158 8
Ladies what's your size preference 49 min sinaa158 9
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 53 min God Is Dead 977,211
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Pegasus 284,497
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 6 hr Devil number 666 466