Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,223)

Showing posts 404,441 - 404,460 of511,524
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
lol....If I explore other religions, does not make me unfaithful? Or does it make me more open to see God in everyone?
But alas, for someone like you that equates being faithful to holding pride as a stubbornly opinionated virtue, how could I explain faith to you?
And tell us did you find Salvation in those other religions ?

Mathew 5

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
Belief in the Eucharist is a treasure we must seek by submissiveness, preserve by piety, and defend at any cost. Not to believe in the Blessed Sacrament is the greatest of misfortunes.
-- St Peter Emyard
Amen

"If Angels could be jealous of men, it would be so for one reason: the Holy Eucharist"

Saint Maximillion Kolbe
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay
Peace
I was raised a Methodist, but without much indoctrination. I mainly remember all the good singing to the old hymns.
When I became an older teen, I started my search, that desire for the eternal Truth. And at that time the Eastern Religions were becoming popular. Mainly a couple of forms of Buddhism, and Hinduism, along with Western Philosophy were where my inquiries led me.
In my early 20's I read the Bible seriously, and became "born again". I followed my nose in Christianity for quite awhile, mainly in local group communities, evangelical, and went to Bible studies, but it just wasn't enough.(I was drying on the vine.) I prayed for guidance, instead of using my nose, and God set up the circumstances.
On a weekend vacation I visited Mission Santa Barbara, in CA, and took the "tour". By the end of the tour, I visited the shop, picked up my first Rosary and a booklet. I said my first Rosary, and knew my prayers were answered, and that sense of peace and protection by God through Mary. The next week I went to my local RCC....boy was I scared(with all my protestant indocrination).
I sat near the front, to see "hear" the sermon(smile), and once the Mass began, I followed the standing, sitting, and kneeling, and was shocked at how much Bible reading was going on. Then I saw the Eucharistic part and of course it was very symbolic but I was so very comfortable with it....
After Mass, someone came up to me and asked what I thought? I said," I am at home." And went to RCIA classes for 2 years and was Confirmed.
Since then, I have studied Sufism, Islam. I feel an obligation to be all things to all men. And the universal call of the Christ, one must speak to others so they can understand them. Since then my studies are mainly on the writings of the Saints and Doctors of the Church....
Nice story Rob. I think its good to learn and respect all religions.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
Belief in the Eucharist is a treasure we must seek by submissiveness, preserve by piety, and defend at any cost. Not to believe in the Blessed Sacrament is the greatest of misfortunes.
-- St Peter Emyard
I went to a Latin Sung Mass this morning. Very traditional. It was in a Chapel below Saint Agnes Church in St. Paul MN.
I felt like I was in a time warp. There is so much respect for sacred scriptures at the Catholic Mass in general. But especially at a Latin Sung Mass. Lots of incense and sung prayers.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay
Peace
I was raised a Methodist, but without much indoctrination. I mainly remember all the good singing to the old hymns.
When I became an older teen, I started my search, that desire for the eternal Truth. And at that time the Eastern Religions were becoming popular. Mainly a couple of forms of Buddhism, and Hinduism, along with Western Philosophy were where my inquiries led me.
In my early 20's I read the Bible seriously, and became "born again". I followed my nose in Christianity for quite awhile, mainly in local group communities, evangelical, and went to Bible studies, but it just wasn't enough.(I was drying on the vine.) I prayed for guidance, instead of using my nose, and God set up the circumstances.
On a weekend vacation I visited Mission Santa Barbara, in CA, and took the "tour". By the end of the tour, I visited the shop, picked up my first Rosary and a booklet. I said my first Rosary, and knew my prayers were answered, and that sense of peace and protection by God through Mary. The next week I went to my local RCC....boy was I scared(with all my protestant indocrination).
I sat near the front, to see "hear" the sermon(smile), and once the Mass began, I followed the standing, sitting, and kneeling, and was shocked at how much Bible reading was going on. Then I saw the Eucharistic part and of course it was very symbolic but I was so very comfortable with it....
After Mass, someone came up to me and asked what I thought? I said," I am at home." And went to RCIA classes for 2 years and was Confirmed.
Since then, I have studied Sufism, Islam. I feel an obligation to be all things to all men. And the universal call of the Christ, one must speak to others so they can understand them. Since then my studies are mainly on the writings of the Saints and Doctors of the Church....
Ah, yes, the Blessed Mother bringing you straight to her Son. That is always her way, without fail. I've seen it happen time and time again. She will never lead us, her children, astray.

Auspice Maria
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to a Latin Sung Mass this morning. Very traditional. It was in a Chapel below Saint Agnes Church in St. Paul MN.
I felt like I was in a time warp. There is so much respect for sacred scriptures at the Catholic Mass in general. But especially at a Latin Sung Mass. Lots of incense and sung prayers.
Beautiful, Clay! I'll always love the Traditional Latin Mass as it's the Mass of my childhood. The chanting is gorgeous, like Heaven on Earth. The incense makes me sneeze, though (lol). The Novus Ordo can be special, too. It depends on the celebrant. Some have such a gift of being so in tune with God; they never take the Mass for granted, it never becomes routine for them. Those are the Masses I love the best. We must pray for our priests.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand because you're an ignorant bigot.
Why on Earth would I dismiss 2,000 yrs of Catholicism because 1% of her Priests committed abuse?
You're beyond ignorant my friend. There is no hope for any rational conversation with such ignorance.
According to the RCC's own John Jay Report, the number in the USA was over 4% of Priests, not 1% as the denier claims.

You Catholics need to get your lies straight.

Remember too, this Report was before 29 more cases were reported in one diocese alone (Philly).

The percentage of Priests with aids was even higher.

Stop the lies. Stop the denial. Stop attacking America and most Americans. Go to Mexico City -- the largest catholic-majority city on earth and enjoy the fruits of your "superior" believe system.

Walk your talk... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
"If Angels could be jealous of men, it would be so for one reason: the Holy Eucharist"
Saint Maximillion Kolbe
Heb 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

2 Cor 5:7
For we live by faith, not by sight.

2 Cor 4:18
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, yes, the Blessed Mother bringing you straight to her Son. That is always her way, without fail. I've seen it happen time and time again. She will never lead us, her children, astray.
Auspice Maria
John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice story Rob. I think its good to learn and respect all religions.
Clay writes... "... respect all religions."

DUH!!!! What is the title of this thread?

How is saying that other churches are not true churches and praying for the conversion of others is -- "respecting all religions?"

Try using your God-given brain next time.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
Saint Maximillion Kolbe
And Amen to this!!

He was very brave and had a deep devotion to Our Lady. He was offered a choice of the red crown of martyrdom or the white crown of purity. He said, "I choose both."
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
That's right, Marge.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

The dignity of man rests above all on the fact that he is called to communion with God. This invitation to converse with God is addressed to man as soon as he comes into being. For if man exists it is because God has created him through love, and through love continues to hold him in existence. He cannot live fully according to truth unless he freely acknowledges that love and entrusts himself to his Creator.

-- Gaudium et spes
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, Marge.
yep

Jesus said'

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

But some of you do not believe me." (For Jesus knew from the beginning which ones didn't believe, and he knew who would betray him.)

Then he said, "That is why I said that people can't come to me unless the Father gives them to me."
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

John 3:26-27

So John's disciples came to him and said, "Rabbi, the man you met on the other side of the Jordan River, the one you identified as the Messiah, is also baptizing people. And everybody is going to him instead of coming to us."

John replied, "No one can receive anything unless God gives it from heaven.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

James 1:17

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the >Father< of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the RCC's own John Jay Report, the number in the USA was over 4% of Priests, not 1% as the denier claims.
You Catholics need to get your lies straight.
Remember too, this Report was before 29 more cases were reported in one diocese alone (Philly).
The percentage of Priests with aids was even higher.
Stop the lies. Stop the denial. Stop attacking America and most Americans. Go to Mexico City -- the largest catholic-majority city on earth and enjoy the fruits of your "superior" believe system.
Walk your talk... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA
And the little over 4% IS ONLY THE ONES THAT WERE CAUGHT AND THEY KNOW ABOUT.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay writes... "... respect all religions."
DUH!!!! What is the title of this thread?
How is saying that other churches are not true churches and praying for the conversion of others is -- "respecting all religions?"
Try using your God-given brain next time.
Dear RCC Superiority SO BUSTED,

The Catholic Church respects all religions. You do not. The Evangelicals do not.
You're unholy alliance with these buffoons is laughable, because they say you will be if hell along with all Catholics. We do not say that about them.
We get to define what 'true Church' means. You do not. There can only be one Church that Christ started. This doesn't mean - in any way - that Jesus does not love you or them any different than Catholics.
What's that saying? Bigots of a feather flock together? Lol.

So, RCC Superiority SO BUSTED, wise up and lose the ideology.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

No man can come to me, except it be given him of my Father; which is the same, as to be drawn by the Father; for faith in Christ is the gift of God, and coming to him, is owing to efficacious grace, and is not the produce of man's power and freewill. Gill
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

For though languages differ throughout the world, the content of the Tradition is one and the same. The Churches established in Germany have no other faith or Tradition, nor do those of the Iberians, nor those of the Celts, nor those of the East, of Egypt, of Libya, nor those established at the centre of the world...

-- St. Iranaeus, Adversus haereses

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 404,441 - 404,460 of511,524
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

524 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Rosa_Winkel 679,086
Homosexuality isn't just a sin, it's an ABOMINA... 20 min Rosa_Winkel 33
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 30 min Student 37,980
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 34 min Dale_Harris 52,424
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Dang It 109,330
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr andet1987 4,389
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr nanoanomaly 216,172
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Dusty Mangina 89,359
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 3 hr Hdogg07 213
teen snapchat nudes 3 hr Oscar 102
•••
•••
•••