Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654377 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#419478 Feb 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
On the other hand, "anything that the Church (does, believes or teaches)" is (wrong or despicable) with you because of your "hatred and hostility" that has corrupted your heart, mind and soul for the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His biblically and historically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church. "Your loss" as a (Protestant, agnostic or atheists) or "whatever you are" ----is "Ours and Christs gain" !!!!! We, as Catholics continue to pray for your hostile souls each day, at daily Mass, that Our lord will "open your eyes" to the TRUTH of His Salvation and healing, through Jesus Christ (in and through) the Holy Spirit of His One True Catholic Church.
i see you avoided my question again,what if a priest molested a child of yours,how would you feel and do? what ever traditions the catholic church teaches is non-biblical so it's meaningless,confession,daily mass. etc. all meaningless except to bring people into the church to make money,we know for a fact that it is a lie thatr confessing to a priest will not save you or anything,1 timothy 2:5 proves that,gods strictly forbids praying to others,yet you do,you even make idols,un-authorized changing of the commandments,and the sabbath,the papal chair was bought and sold,favors were bought,bank fraud,money laundering millions of killings,molestings right up to the papal chair. if i wanted the healing of jesus christ i certainly would not go through a corrupt church to do it,I'd go directly to jesus himself as is written inthe bible and pray to him and his church in heaven(if the theory were true),would not go to a heathenistic church as bad as the catholic church,that's more like praying to the devil,not jesus.YOU have no biblical/scriptural proof the catholic church is the true church because it's a lie,only the blind don't seeit.

usa

#419479 Feb 1, 2013
ohnonothimagain wrote:
I was Catholic for over 40 years(no longer), and while I haven't read every single post here-I have an big objection for the Pope to declare that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true Church. I don't believe that I have to pray the rosary and pray to Mary to get God to listen to me. The Bible says the ONLY way to the Father is thru the SON. Jesus said when he died, "IT IS FINISHED"...He never talked about Purgatory anywhere in the scripture. Unless you read a CATHOLIC Bible. He told his Disciples to go fulfill the great commission. That is to make Disciples of others. How a Church that has blatantly shoved Child Predators into the background for years, and denied there's a problem can call itself the one true Church is blasphemy in my book. Thousands, maybe tens of thousands of poor INNOCENT boys molested by Priests forced to be celibate by a Church who condones pedophiles to stay in their ranks? This isn't the Church that Jesus founded. And the excuse that Peter was the first Pope just because Jesus said, "And I also say to you that you are Peter (petros), and on this rock (petra) I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it." Agreeing with this, the statement written by Paul in 1 Cor. 3:11, "For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ." Likewise, in Ephesians 2:20 - "And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner-stone."
Peter WASN'T the Rock or cornerstone-Jesus was talking about the Singular Church that was/is ONE body of believers.
The word "Church" in this statement is singular. He said, "I will build My church." He didn't promise to set up a vast conglomeration of denominational bodies; he didn't say, "I will build my churches." There is one church! "The body" in Ephesians 1:22,23 is singular. "There is one body," (Eph. 4:4), and "...by one spirit we were all baptized into one body," (1 Cor. 12:12,13).
Yes-there is and should be only ONE TRUE CHURCH. One that Jesus himself set into motion. One body of believers united. Jesus never intended for there to be thousands of Churches nor thousands of people divided. The Catholic Church wants people to believe that they are the one true Church to keep the coffers filled and people under their control. Jesus didn't die for you or me for me to live in fear of purgatory. That alone shows me someone is wrong. Is it God and his word-or the fallacy/control on which the Catholic Church wants people to be scared of? There is NO purgatory-I don't need to pray to Mary to get access to God. I don't need a gaudy and rich Pope to tell me how to live my life. I don't need a Church to tell me that it's the one true Church. God's body of believers are the one true Church.
very well said and correct if the theory is true.
Klink

Plattsburg, MO

#419480 Feb 1, 2013
rider wrote:
This was the KKK. Only WASP’s could belong to it — White Anglo-Saxon Protestants. It is a common myth that the KKK targeted only the Blacks - also hated were the Jews, Catholics, liberals etc but most hatred was directed against the poor black families in the south who were very vulnerable to attack.

The Catholics like to believe this. They write books making these false claims edited of any truth.

The KKK were founded after the Civil War to drive the newly freed blacks away from anything Christian, using burning crosses and other FEAR tactics. The Catholic Church has many military knights. One of these are the Templars who would become the Freemasons who then founded the Knights of the KKK (Albert Pike and cohorts).

Interesting that while it was claimed the KKK were anti-Catholic they never actually did anything anti-Catholic.

all this and more..

• the U.S. Civil War

http://protocolshistory.blogspot.com/2010/09/...

usa

#419481 Feb 1, 2013
as i expected,hjo,regina,clay and anthony did not answer my question,if one of their children was molested by a priest,would they still be here defending the catholic church like they are? WHY NO ANSWER PEOPLE!?
Klink

Plattsburg, MO

#419482 Feb 1, 2013
rider wrote:
http://www.evilbible.com/

Rehashed discredited nonsense from someone who is not a Bible teacher. No truth there.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#419483 Feb 1, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
But your saying they weren't really Jesus brothers/ not me.
The adopted sons and daughters of God are all who follow Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Re-birth in the Spirit of "ALMIGHTY GOD THE MOST HIGH GOD"
YOU CAN'T IMPROVE ON GODS WORD.
WE KNOW MARY IS THE MOTHER OF JESUS BECAUSE THE BIBLE SAYS SO.
WE KNOW THAT JESUS HAD BROTHERS AND SISTERS BECAUSE THE BIBLE SAYS SO.
WE ALSO KNOW THAT JOHN THE BAPTIST WAS JESUS' COUSIN BECAUSE THE BIBLE SAYS SO.
WE ALSO KNOW MARY'S COUSIN WAS ELIZEBETH BECAUSE THE BIBLE SAYS SO.
WHEN YOU START MESSING AROUND WITH THE WORD OF THE LORD ,CHANGING IT FROM WHAT IT REALLY SAYS YOU HAVE TO TRY TO COME UP WITH ALL KIND OF SCENERIO'S TO FIT .
THAT IS WHAT YOU CATHOLIC CHURCH FATHER'S DID ANTHONY .
THE CATHOLIC DOCTRINE IS BUILT UPON ONE LIE AFTER ANOTHER.
ASSUMPTION UPON ASSUMPTIONS. DECLARATIONS THAT YOUR POPES HAVE DECLARE TO BE THE DOCTRINE AND YOUR TRADITIONAL BELIEVES TODAY.
ITS NOT BIBICAL. THE MINUTE YOU BUILD A IDOL BOW TO THEM AND PRAY YOU HAVE BECOME AN ABOMINATION TO ALMIGHTY GOD.
LTM

Sorry your statements may be incorrect concerning Mary and Elisabeth being cousins, and Jesus and John the Baptist being cousins....

This is a popular notion due to the protestant commentaries, based on poor translations of the greek. The word they used for cousin here, in Greek "syngenis" is best rendered "kinswoman". They may be cousins, but that is an assumption, especially that Mary is of the line of Judah, and Elisabeth is of the line of Levi makes this a stronger case they were kin, but perhaps not as close as cousins....

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#419484 Feb 1, 2013
And yet in Los Angles we are waiting for the release of the pedophiles that have been protected by the one true church authorities

Location hidden

#419485 Feb 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>where she and his siblings were in the Beginning, on the outside looking in. and she and them remained that way until after His death. even the Prostitute sinner was smarter than Mary, as well as the woman at the well. they were sinners, and acknowledged Him as their Savior, it took Mary even longer, and His siblings even longer as they mocked Him[john 7:2-5]. thankfully,in His mercy and His Grace, they also came to the only Conclusion that a Person can make(a fool says otherwise). He is who He said that He was, He is God.the Son of the Living God.
preston

Your ontologiclly different Jesus, than the orthodox view, is about the same as the Jehovah Witnesses archangel being Jesus....The rest of what you wrote is basically heretical imaginings of the mind, that fill in the gaps of your lack of understanding(of Jesus)and of the Bible....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#419486 Feb 1, 2013
460 440 375 258
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
ok. Tell me where the Church was in the first 1000 years and what they called it.
From Scripture:

Christ said:

Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write
And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write;
And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write;
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write;
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write;
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write

Your Bible does not teach this?????!!!!!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#419487 Feb 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>BEFORE THE FACT, STUPID.
before the fact.you show a remarkable disdain for Christianity but it is no wonder.
Sorry but Mary was not embarrased of her son.
She knew before hand who he was.
Luke
26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
Mark 8:38 If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."

Location hidden

#419488 Feb 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a Catholic can deny the truth when it is staring him straight in the face!!!!
For you to be able to erroneously say that, you have to do what amounts to changing Scripture..The word is church....a noun. You change it to Church which is a proper noun.
And He never built a "church"...He established Christianity. Quote:
church: ekklhsia a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.
The Catholic religion is a denomination....same as all Protestant religions...they are all denominations.....
Oxbow

How many times have you repeated this.....At least a dozen, maybe two dozen now?

Are you able to converse?

"If your obsessions and compulsions are affecting your life, see your doctor or mental health provider. People with OCD may be ashamed and embarrassed about the condition. But even if your rituals are deeply ingrained, treatment can help."

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/obsessive-co...
LTM

Schreiber, Canada

#419489 Feb 1, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM
Sorry your statements may be incorrect concerning Mary and Elisabeth being cousins, and Jesus and John the Baptist being cousins....
This is a popular notion due to the protestant commentaries, based on poor translations of the greek. The word they used for cousin here, in Greek "syngenis" is best rendered "kinswoman". They may be cousins, but that is an assumption, especially that Mary is of the line of Judah, and Elisabeth is of the line of Levi makes this a stronger case they were kin, but perhaps not as close as cousins....
You should read the bible:
John was a prophet whose own coming was prophesied by an earlier prophet (see Prophecy) over 700 years before (Isaiah 40:3-5)- yet another illustration of God's step-by-step Plan.

•John was a Levite. His father Zechariah was a Temple priest of the line of Abijah, and his mother Elizabeth was also descended from Aaron (Luke 1:5).

•Jesus Christ and John the Baptist were related. Their mothers, Mary and Elizabeth, were cousins.(Luke 1:36).

•John the Baptist was born 6 months before Jesus Christ (Luke 1:36). He died about 6 months before Jesus Christ (Matthew 14:10-12).

•The angel Gabriel separately announced the coming births of Jesus Christ and John the Baptist.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#419490 Feb 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>BEFORE THE FACT, STUPID.
before the fact.you show a remarkable disdain for Christianity but it is no wonder.
KNOWING WHO HE WAS i DOUBT VERY SERIOUSLY IF SHE WAS EMBARACED. YOUR A FALSE PROPHET AND ON HERE SPREADING LIES.

Location hidden

#419491 Feb 1, 2013
LTM wrote:
"Did Jesus have brothers and sisters (siblings)?"
Answer: Jesus’ brothers are mentioned in several Bible verses. Matthew 12:46, Luke 8:19, and Mark 3:31 say that Jesus’ mother and brothers came to see Him. The Bible tells us that Jesus had four brothers: James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas (Matthew 13:55). The Bible also tells us that Jesus had sisters, but they are not named or numbered (Matthew 13:56). In John 7:1-10, His brothers go on to the festival while Jesus stays behind. In Acts 1:14, His brothers and mother are described as praying with the disciples. Galatians 1:19 mentions that James was Jesus’ brother. The most natural conclusion of these passages is to interpret that Jesus had actual blood half-siblings.
Some Roman Catholics claim that these “brothers” were actually Jesus’ cousins. However, in each instance, the specific Greek word for “brother” is used. While the word can refer to other relatives, its normal and literal meaning is a physical brother. There was a Greek word for “cousin,” and it was not used. Further, if they were Jesus’ cousins, why would they so often be described as being with Mary, Jesus’ mother? There is nothing in the context of His mother and brothers coming to see Him that even hints that they were anyone other than His literal, blood-related, half-brothers.
A second Roman Catholic argument is that Jesus’ brothers and sisters were the children of Joseph from a previous marriage. An entire theory of Joseph's being significantly older than Mary, having been previously married, having multiple children, and then being widowed before marrying Mary is invented without any biblical basis. The problem with this is that the Bible does not even hint that Joseph was married or had children before he married Mary. If Joseph had at least six children before he married Mary, why are they not mentioned in Joseph and Mary’s trip to Bethlehem (Luke 2:4-7) or their trip to Egypt (Matthew 2:13-15) or their trip back to Nazareth (Matthew 2:20-23)?
There is no biblical reason to believe that these siblings are anything other than the actual children of Joseph and Mary. Those who oppose the idea that Jesus had half-brothers and half-sisters do so, not from a reading of Scripture, but from a preconceived concept of the perpetual virginity of Mary, which is itself clearly unbiblical:“But he (Joseph) had no union with her (Mary) until she gave birth to a son. And he gave Him the name Jesus”(Matthew 1:25). Jesus had half-siblings, half-brothers and half-sisters, who were the children of Joseph and Mary. That is the clear and unambiguous teaching of God’s Word.
gotquestions.ca
LTM

Why do you hold onto, and keep copying rewritten old commentaries that perpetuate such inaccuracies?

Try liberating your mind with the Truth....

All the Catholics on here have rehashed this with you....And you rely on commentaries within commentaires written by biased sources....Its absurd to read them....

Try the freedom of Christ's mind to engage your own mind in the Truth.

“Don't be afraid-I don't bite”

Near my mother

#419492 Feb 1, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome aboard "former catholic" ....#89,765,999
....all the points you made, have been made here 1,000 times or more before, but thats OK.
I apologize for the points being made again-as I said I didn't look at all of the posts. My apologizes. I thought that it was a good day to put in my 2 cents worth.

Location hidden

#419493 Feb 1, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read the bible:
John was a prophet whose own coming was prophesied by an earlier prophet (see Prophecy) over 700 years before (Isaiah 40:3-5)- yet another illustration of God's step-by-step Plan.
•John was a Levite. His father Zechariah was a Temple priest of the line of Abijah, and his mother Elizabeth was also descended from Aaron (Luke 1:5).
•Jesus Christ and John the Baptist were related. Their mothers, Mary and Elizabeth, were cousins.(Luke 1:36).
•John the Baptist was born 6 months before Jesus Christ (Luke 1:36). He died about 6 months before Jesus Christ (Matthew 14:10-12).
•The angel Gabriel separately announced the coming births of Jesus Christ and John the Baptist.
LTM

You just cited a commentary that is wrong....You equate commentaries that you understand with the Bible....

What I am trying to do is get you to see that commentaries, and those that write them "can" be wrong. I know it is difficult to change your understanding, especially with something as basic as the relationship of Jesus and John the Baptist. But that basic wrongness is replete in protestant commentaries.

I had to ask myself, why in every instance of a conflict in understanding a scripture, do commentaries take a non-Catholic view? It is not even considered when writing a commentary....

Do you have the ability to ask yourself ,"Why?"

Luke 1:36 does not say they were cousins. They were kinsmin.(It does in a sense that it was incorrectly translated and commented on, such as in the KJV.)

Try Youngs Literal Translation from the Greek

Luke 1:36

"and lo, Elisabeth, thy kinswoman, she also hath conceived a son in her old age, and this is the sixth month to her who was called barren;"

(By the way, I read/study/pray the Bible 2 hours a day, unless the situation prevents me.)

Location hidden

#419494 Feb 1, 2013
ohnonothimagain wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize for the points being made again-as I said I didn't look at all of the posts. My apologizes. I thought that it was a good day to put in my 2 cents worth.
ohno new friend

Michael is an anti-Christ. Beware. His view is to destroy Christianity, and attacks Catholicism to do it.
LTM

Schreiber, Canada

#419495 Feb 1, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Why the comment I was not in dispute about the miracle etc.
7th the discussion this morning was about Matthew 12: 46-50.

The disciple said your Mother and brothers are outside wanting to speak with you.
Now Anthony and the catholic'c claim that Jesus' brothers weren't His really brothers , I said according to that train of thought how do you know then Mary really was His Mother.

When Jesus turned and pointed at His disciple and said these are my mother and brother, for my mother and brother are those who do the will of my father.

Mary and His brother went to stop Jesus because people were talking, now for whatever reason out of fear for her son Jesus ,
or whatever , the brothers didn't believe in Jesus at this point .
MAry knew who Jesus was of course she did at the wedding, she told the servants do as He says .

Jesus never gave Mary any special welcome as His mother , for trying to stop Him from doing the will of His Father.

At this point Jesus was out on His own , His siblings had grown up , He helpped raise His younger siblings after Joseph died as was acustom in that time and culture.
His ministry had started, He was doing what He came to do Preach the Kingdom of God and was about to die for the sins of the whole world.
Mary and His brothers were trying to stop Him from doing so.
When Peter tryed to stop Jesus, Jesus told Him to get behind me satan.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#419496 Feb 1, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Cowboy says.....and you will still be freezing.
Michael says.......you live less than 300 miles from me. We get the same weather as you..........without all the polution "cough" cough!!
poll;ution? where do you get that idea?

I am located many miles from the nearest large city which is Columbus, and we live in the foothills of the Allegheny Mts
MICHAEL

Canada

#419498 Feb 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think we should do away with defense attorneys, juries, trials, judges...just scrap the whole judicial system as soon as a priest is accused.
I'll tell you what I would support...if any priest is found guilty of abuse or any bishop of covering for them, after doing time and being laitized, they should be held liable for all of the costs associated with the trial, defense, prosecution, pay full resititution to the victims, work off their civil judgements in soup lines, cleaning hospitals, etc. How 'bout that?
Anthony says....

....So you think we should do away with defense attorneys, juries, trials, judges...just scrap the whole judicial system as soon as a priest is accused.

Michael says.....NO! Let them pay for their own defense teams. The clergy receive salarys, benefits, stipends, pensions, room and board, they don't have a wife or children to support, its all for themselves.

..... They are not children, they should pay their own way just like you and I do. Why does the church look after the needs of priests like they are helpless children everytime they fall down?

CONTROL! that is the answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min ROCCO 64,546
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 5 min Johnny 847
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min Lbj 106,598
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 37 min Internet Reality 45,281
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 45 min nanoanomaly 973,928
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 56 min X Pendable 183,212
Lying and cheating in Dixie Youth Baseball: Lum... (May '12) 1 hr Jim b 252
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Brian_G 281,947
More from around the web